November 27, 2014 | 971 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by beautiful71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product has helped myskin dramatically.I HAVE VERY OILY SKIN AND CYSTIC ACNE, BLACK HEADS, WHITE HEADS. IN THE PAST TWO YEARS MY SKIN HAS WENT FROM MILD ACNE TO MODERATE/SEVERE ACNE. this is my holy grail!!!!i use this about twice a week and my skin looks better less blackheads with each application, my scarring and acne is almost completley gone. This product is more for the oily/combination skin. i will never go without this again !!!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by heavengirl1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

Best mask ever and can be customized to my special red, flaky, oily, and pimple face! I can't live without this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by bufuzeren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's price really cheap! right for oily skin ,fine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This works like a full face pore strip!

Recently I had a pretty angry allergic reaction. My entire face was a mess and just as bad after treatment. The steroid cream I had to apply clogged my pores SO badly. My entire face was left covered in blackheads once the original reaction had subsided. I knew this mask would help so I started applying this mask o1-2x a week or so. After just the first application there was significant reduction in blackheads. I mean SUPER significant.(I do loosen things up first with a cleansing oil) Its been 3 applications now and my face is almost completely cleared up.

I've used this mask now for about a year. I LOVE it. I have pretty sensitive skin and was glad to find something that is pure and simple.

I use generic ACV which turns this into a little bit of a mousse like consistency. It's kinda fluffy :) and then add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil. The tea tree oil was the trick for me. Before I added the TTO it kinda started itching and I couldn't let it sit on my face long enough to dry. Still got nice results, but not as good. Once I added the TTO it was perfect. The tingly sensation fromt TTO allowed it to be comfortable on the face until it dried. I let it dry completely and then I give myself a big-o smile! Yeah, kinda hurts, but it's like I can feel it pulling the crap outta my pores!

To get it off, I pat/spalsh water over it a few times til it softens. Eventually, it breaks down and washes clean and takes all the nasty with it. My skin always feels so soft afterwards, too.

You need so little of this stuff. My container is still pretty close to the brim a whole year later!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by samBC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd suggest 1 part water to 2 parts powder for easier application. The 1 part water 1 part powder ratio ended up too watery but lucky for me the jar is huge and cheap, so I wasn't so stingy about adding more powder to the mix. I spread a thin layer onto my face and sat around for 10 minutes until my face felt tighter. I liked that the mask wasn't crumbly like other mud masks I've tried. next time I'll throw some ACV into the mix for optimal pore sucking! the mask worked in reducing pores and bringing some whiteheads to surface, but I still have stubborn blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by botoxic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mix this with ACV, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. of sulfur powder (check Amazon), a few drops of lavender (or other EO like tea tree) and jojoba oils, and occasionally lemon juice and plain yogurt. I leave it on for about one hour. It's exceptionally cleansing, tightening, and purifying. I imagine you could add pureed banana, avocado, turmeric powder, herbal teas, etc. to customize for your skin type. Rather than having many expensive tubes of brand name items, it's nice to have an inexpensive, highly effective, pure, non-preservative and freshly-made mask on hand.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by MeggaLee425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ive been using this for about 3 years now. Its awesome! This is what I reach for when my skin needs some help. I use it a lot during the summer to help pull all the sweat, oil and makeup out of my pores. It can be a bit drying so I dont use it in the winter as much. It really helps to clear out clogged pores and I like to use it as a spot treatment for pimples over night. It brings them to a head and dries them out in record time and doesnt make my skin itchy or flaky like BP does. I mix the mask with braggs apple cider vinegar. Don't use plain water, it doesnt mix, just makes the clay clumpy. I find that ACV makes it perfectly smooth and easy to mix and apply.The downside of using acv is it's not the most pleasant smelling things to put on your face, especially so close to your nose. Also, people around you will probably comment on the stench and stay away from you till you wash it off. =p My husband lovingly calls me 'Foot face' when I use this mask. Oh well, the price of beauty. If you can't stand the smell of ACV you can use lemon juice, or dilute the vinegar with water. I like to leave the mask on till its completely dry or till I just can't stand to keep it on any longer (it will make your face feel very tight.) to remove the mask, I stand over the sink and splash warm water over it a couple times. The clay reabsorbs the water and softens the clay, but it takes a few minutes, if you wait a bit it is much easier to wash off. I usually sit and watch tv or something while I wait. I love this mask, it costs about $8 and you get so much it lasts forever!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by BreakfastnDinner

Great mask! No frills just some ancient dirt and add water and you have a miracle! My Grandfather is Aztec and always had amazing skin so I thought why not give it a try. I got this at the grocery store for 5.99 what a steal! and it's huge. Tightens up like a mofo but I like that. Cleared my chin blemishes and I smeared it on my chin and neck and it tightened it up a little too! When I washed it off (I did it on the bath to prevent issues) it felt like the bad skin had been sucked out and the good skin was revealed under it. Love this mask!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by millieme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is really dry - I have eczema that's pretty much under control but that has left my skin really sensitive. Weirdly I also have a lot of persistent acne on my face on top of that dry skin. I've used this mask many times with apple cider vinegar and don't care for it. It hasn't really done much for my acne but dries out my skin a lot. I also haven't noticed a difference in pore size, but I can't completely blame this mask because some of my pores are huge thanks to my various skin problems. Overall not worth it if your skin is dry - it will suck all the good moisture out of your skin. Plus the smell from the vinegar is gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by corib13

AMAZING....AMAZING....AMAZING. I am 5 months pregnant and my skin has been soooo awful. Tone is bad,pimples everywhere, just horrible. My mom had this on her face so I decided to give it a try. And yes the pulsating is a little wierd and the tightness kinda hurts but after I rinsed it off My skin was red but only for 20 minutes ( and blood flow to the face like that is good for your skin) My skins tone was improved significantly and every pimple was less inflamed and smoother. I had to go out and buy a tub and am using it just about everyday and my face is pretty much clear. Acne spots are even lighter. I use ACV to mix it with and that does wonders on the skin as well. I WILL NEVER STOP USING THIS. this is my #1 Beauty find I will never give up and SOOOO CHEAP. I think this is the best at home mask u can ever use! :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No