October 2, 2014 | 944 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by dkirk02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you have issues with black heads, then this product will be a miracle for you! I use it twice a week and, as soon as I wash it off, I see results. The large pores and blackheads that I have always had in my T-Zone are dramatically reduced. I have been using this mask for about 6 months now and have found that twice a week really does the trick for me. I leave it on from 30-40 minutes. The easiest way to remove the mask is to run a cloth under almost hot water, don't wring it out much, get over the sink and just lay the saturated cloth on the mask. Hold it there for about 10 seconds, then repeat one or two more times. By this time, the mask will be soft enough to wipe off.
I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG, the mask is on my face right now and my face is so tight, I can barely move my jaw to speak!!
I LOVE the way this feels and is officially my hg for a face mask. Deep pore cleansing indeed!! My jar cost $8 and this will definitely last at least a year with use twice a month ( a teaspoon to a tablespoon of powder per use). The best face mask ever!! And the best part is that it is natural. There is only one ingredient in it and then you add equal parts of organic apple cider vinegar and/ water to it to mix and voila!!! Skin is left feeling extra clean and smooth! It's a keeper and pray that this product is around forever!!

UPDATE: Jan. 2013

Nearly 3 years later and this is still my HG clay mask. There is no other product on the market like this. If you have combination/oily skin and or acne prone skin, this WILL clear your skin up over time if used once a week.

If you have dry skin, I would still use this mask but mix it with equal parts water, honey, and clay to keep the mask on the 'moisturizing side' and use only once or twice a month.

For $8, I can get dozens! of mask out of this container. If you have a zit, put this clay mask over the zit and let it sit for at least 20 minutes or more. This clay will deep clean and suck the life out of it.

I have never had an issue using this mask and have nothing bad to say about it. I love the pulsating drying affect it causes...it makes me feel like I am treating myself to a high quality mask.

To rinse off, I bend over my tub and apply warm water to my face until the mask slowly starts to break up and after a minute or two of dousing my face with warm water, I'll take a warm wet face cloth and gently wipe off any remaining clay. Gently dry my face and apply an extremely moisturizing face cream/lotion/treatment mask for the night.

This also can be used as an amazing detoxing body/foot mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by tealkois

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is the best "drying" type mask I have ever used. I do tweak it a bit though. Here is my recipe:

*spoonful of clay (pulls all the gunk out of your pores, and binds all the ingredients together)
*about 5 uncoated aspirin (if you don't know the benefits of aspirin for the skin, look up the reviews!)
*few drops of tea tree oil (helps dry up acne and is an antiseptic)
*witch hazel (it dissolves the aspirin better than anything I've tried)
*spoonful of sea salt (is beneficial to your skin, and helps the mask come off easier at the end)

So I mix everything together and apply a thick layer all over my face. Wait for it to dry, which takes about 20 to 30 minutes. When its totally dry, I lean over the sink and rub the dry mask off! This is the key: adding the salt makes it crumble right off, if you don't have salt in the mixture, the mask won't have the same texture or be as crumbly. It hurts a little bit when you first start rubbing, but if you're tough-skinned like me, you'll absolutely love the feeling after awhile.

Once I've rubbed most of the mask off, I'll wipe the rest away with a washrag. Then I just put on a light moisturizer. This reduces any whiteheads, blackheads, milia, and general congested skin by about 90%!!! It also makes my pores look way smaller and since it removes the blackheads, they don't look dark either! The rubbing exfoliates your skin SOOOO well, I'm thinking that it works so well because your skin isn't wet while you're exfoliating. Its just a completely different feeling!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mask. It's so easy to use and it works. Just mix it with Apple Cider Vinegar and get it to a semi-thick consistency, slap it on and then wash it off in about 5-7 minutes (depending on what season or humidity level)
My pores feel so clean after.
I have sensitive, dry skin, so I can't keep it on long, but this stuff works. It's dirt cheap considering how well it works and how much you get. I like that it's in a tub that you can scoop out with a spoon as opposed to a tube that's pre-mixed and gets wasted at the end of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ewager17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would definitely buy this product again...however, I don't know that I will need to because you get an absolutely HUGE tub full for around $7. I got this at Super Supplements and mix it with Bragg organic apple cider. You can actually feel this product working. Although it does leave my face a tad red, that quickly subsides and my skin looks amazing. An absolutely amazing buy and so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by missyjean130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this for around 7 bucks at my local Super Supplements shop.I mixed it with apple cider vinegar and packed it very thick on my face,like the directions said. It took AGES to dry but when it did,my face was throbbing and pulsating like you wouldn't believe. The results? My skin is super red right now,I just used it for the first time a bit ago. However,my skin is also soft and it does look like it got a bit of the softer junk from my pores.My boyfriend has even better results,he has all these little empty pores on his nose! Looks like he got poked a bunch with a needle and didn't bleed. His face is going to look amazing once the initial irritation subsides. This is an amazing mask! It makes me wonder why other companies put 50 ingredients in their masks when all you really need is pure clay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 5:41:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought 1lb of this off of vitacost.com for about $7, it's cheaper on Amazon I believe you can get 2 lbs of this for only $7.

I mix it with apple cider vinegar in to a paste. I have been using it for about three weeks, once a week. The very first time I used it I was really pleasantly surprised at how much smaller my pores looked. I do believe it has helped a lot with my blackheads/whiteheads. I don't really have any visible blackheads because I use differin, but for some reason even with witch hazel (which I have been using for months) and differin (retinoid), I haven't been able to really get rid of all my clogged pores. I use mineral makeup too! bismuth-free! Sigh, in any case, this really helps. It does leave my face red afterwards but that subsides within 30 minutes.

Also-side note and it might just be me--but the apple cider vinegar has helped lighten my acne scars (I use differin too, but I've been using it for years so I know that's not it) and I didn't think that only a few spoonfuls once a week for three weeks would make any difference although I believe with green tea it makes a good acne toner--haven't tried that because I have combo/dry skin with eczema so I am sticking with witch hazel.

There is so much product, they claim 1lb will make only 10 facials but I am pretty sure it will make 20+. I have used it 4-5 times and I haven't even gotten past the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mecalovesmahdi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love, love this mask! It took me a while to get used to the "pulsating" sensation. At first i could only to stand to keep it on for about 2-3 minutes, but after about a month of using it I sometimes sleep in it. It really leaves my acne- prone skin super smooth! I have huge pores, but after using this they are a lot less visible! I also love the way it keeps my skin balanced throughout the day, I'm a lot less oily! I also love the fact that any skin type can use it! It's great, especially for the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

I am kind of on the fence about this product. It does sometimes help.....clears up the big, under the skin zits before they get really bad, but others it isn't nearly as effective for. I mixed it with water and green tea, and then bought some Braggs ACV as the directions say to use. Also, if I use it as an all-over mask, it really irritates my skin and leaves red welts on the sensitive areas. So, I only use it to spot-treat. I will re-purchase if I ever have to, the tub is huge! This works best if you really are on top of it and treat the instant you suspect a new zit coming on. I do think it's more effective than Queen Helene MJ mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay I was hesitant on trying this product because all it is is bentonite clay in a powder form. All masks that don't come in powder form have other ingrediants like vitamins, and essential oils and things like that so I was wondering why such a basic clay product would work so well...well I researched and bentonite clay when mixed with water becomes electrically charged and it draws out the toxins in the body. Interesting right? Well I had to see for myself so I bought this and mixed it only with water and left it on for about 10 minutes. The whole pulsating thing is kinda true- I could feel some pulsation but I think due to the tightening of my face...anyway I rinsed it off and my skin looked a little smoother but I wanted to see what it looked like overnight so I went to bed and woke up and to my surprise a lot of my acne dried up and my pores looked smaller. So yes this does work as a great mask drawing out all the gunk in your pores even tho it has only one ingredient. I would also like to say that this works even better than Queen Helenes mint julep mask because I didn't see any really great results with that product like I did with this product.

EDIT: I have to add something, I really HATE how this smells, so I add a lot of essentials oils not only for the scent, but also for the healing properties they have, I add 1 drop lavender, 1 drop rosemary and 1 drop peppermint, I also either add fresh lemon juice or ACV. No bad smell and still amazing results! The peppermint is really cooling to me and non irritating but be careful if you do have sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No