December 17, 2014 | 1693 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by lilyjules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG HG face make-up remover. Thanks to the reviewers below, I bought this product, and am in love. Before, I was having to wash my face twice to get the sunscreen/foundation I wear off, but now, I just use a little bit of this (how awkward is the package though!!???), rinse, than my normal face wash, and BAM, sunscreen/gunk is off, and face is smooth and clear. Love it! hate the price and packaging though :( but it is worth it if the product works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

for people out there with heavy makeup......this is a must have..........it can really take away all the makeup from your face.........the texture feels really good as you are rubbing it around.........also........it's really amazing how it can be rinsed clean.....i mean really clean.................0 residue........the only thing is that you must keep ur eyes tightly closed when you are using this because it can really blurry ur eye sight for a long time.......and i also found it a little bit pricey......i hope later they can sell a bigger size with better value.......otherwise it's really perfect........UPDATE: I take off one lippie after using for the longest time because i feel like i need to buy this too often....u dun really get a lot of product from the price you pay and due to it's texture it's very hard to control the amount each time.........it just gets way too expensive.....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lmsulliv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first time I have ever reviewed a product but have to, given that this product is SO great. I used it for the first time and was a little skeptical, but it worked like magic! It took the DiorShow mascara right off (which nothing has been able to do, short of 4 cotton balls full of oily eye makeup remover) and left my face feeling soft and amazing. A little pricey for a makeup remover, but if it works like this, its so worth it! Not thrilled about the packaging, but I guess given that its a balm, there aren't many options...will definitely repurchase! FYI at first the consistency is a bit weird when on your face, but you get used to it....

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by madmamma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this makeup remover on my sensitive rosacea skin now for about 2 weeks. No irritation and the product removes even stubborn eye makeup and foundation with sunscreen.
After a month or more now I switched to DHC olive oil makeup remover and I prefer that to cliniques. Clinique left me with a slight dry tight feeling after using it while DHC does not. Plus the DHC is mostly all natural and contains loads of antioxidants.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic at removing every skerrick of any cosmetic gently and easily.

Sadly, I was allergic to it, but that's not the product's fault. I also found it just a bit too drying, but if I wasn't allergic to it, I'd buy it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is the best oil cleanser I've used. Yes, technically, it's in solid form, but it melts as you rub it into your face and functions exactly like an oil cleanser would. I love that it's a thick balm rather than a thin liquid -- it's so much easier to use and travel with than, say, the DHC cleansing oil pump bottle. This seems to rinse very clean with water and never clogged my highly clog-prone skin. I only wish it didn't cost $26 :( But, I'm also glad that I finally have another skincare HG that's not a huge pain to get a hold of, since this is available from any Clinique counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by scootipooti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A product has to be truly special for me to take the time to write a review, so that is saying something. I'm not a huge fan of Clinique and think most of their products are moderate at best. If the rest of their line was as wonderful as this makeup remover, I'd never use another line again. First, it's definitely not packaged like any other skin care product I've used given that it comes in a tub that reminds me of some Aveda sculptering paste I have for my hair. I skeptically opened the jar and scooped out a small amount. At first I wondered why in the world I bought it, but after about five seconds of use, I was sold. It felt silky and smooth on my face, and removed every bit of makeup. After rinsing, my face felt clean, not dry and tight clean, but smooth, soft and, well, simply clean. It didn't feel stripped and there was no trace of an oily feeling left behind by the cleanser. My skin is highly acne prone, and this has not bothered it one bit. It's a little pricier than I care to spend on a makeup remover, but I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by iamflora

I like it. I only use sunscreen and powder foundation and it does a good job to take them off without making my skin dry or developing breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by sumirekiss

I love this makeup remover! It's strong enough to take sunscreen off my face without being drying. I wear a lot of high SPF sunscreen especially in the summer, but it always breakout my face because I have trouble washing it off at night. I haven't had any more breakouts from wearing sunscreen since I started using this product. It's seriously the best makeup remover I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by misskassy

I love this product!!! Just bought my second jar, and its not very often that I buy something twice in a row without straying and trying other products, but not this time!!!! Will be using this for the rest of my life!!!