October 22, 2014 | 1015 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Shannon72781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this product for about 2 weeks now. I have very dry skin and wear Sheseido 55+ SS every day. I really needed a cleanser that was non-drying and would still be able to get off SS and eye m/u. Well, this does it! I'm really happy to notice that my makeup comes off very easily and after cleansing, my face is neither dry or tight feeling. I won't say it washed off 100% clean, because I still feel a slight residue, but not in a bad way. More like a moisturizing way.
I would buy this again- I just wish it was a little cheaper. I'll see how long it lasts me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LilyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brilliant, gorgeous, amazing, fantabulous. Best cleanser ever, in my humble opinion. This solid balm melts in your hands, takes off makeup with ease when used on dry skin, yet rinses clean away. Who would have thought?!
Leave my normal skin nicely soft and doesn't give the tight feeling stronger cleansers can leave behind.
I'm picking up my second jar today.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by laura1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I waited almost a year to review this product because I wanted to make sure I was certain how it performed on my skin. This is because I purchased TTDO balm at the same time I was experimenting with new sunscreens. I had a few cycles of breakouts and reactions, so I needed to find out who the culprit was: the sunscreen or how I was removing the sunscreen. Turns out it wasn't TTDO balm, bad for my sunscreen search, but good for my cleansing oil search ;-)

I have sensitive skin that's very reactive and easily prone to breakouts, so I was excited to try TTDO balm after reading all the raves for it on the MUA skin care board. I had previously tried Lumene's cleansing oil, but the cyclopentasiloxane in it caused me to break out. Thankfully though my skin loves TTDO balm! It has a very smooth, creamy texture so it glides over my skin effortlessly. I massage it in a little bit between my fingers, apply gently to my face, then wipe it off with a cotton pad. It easily removes my stubborn Revlon Colorstay foundation, but it does make my eyes a little blurry when removing my eye makeup. I rinse it off with water, then follow up with my normal cleanser. This routine has been working very well for me, so I will definitely repurchase TTDO balm when I run out. I know the packaging isn't ideal because the tub isn't sanitary, but I guess you can't have it all ;-)

IMHO, I strongly suggest to anyone using this while also trying out sunscreens to make sure they rule out a sunscreen reaction before shelving TTDO balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by vea

I really like this product it effectively removes my makeup before my cleansing routine. It is moisturising but does not clog my combination skin.
It is fantastic to use as the balm instantly dissolves makeup including eye m/u and then you wipe/rinse off.
I would definatley repurchase (even when I dont get my staff discount!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by llwt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product and have been using it since Clinique introduced it. I try tons of skincare/makeup and I always end up back with Clinique.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by bringiton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update - having now tried this product for myself, I dont like it at all. It was super drying on my skin, to the point were it made the skin around my mouth feel raw and it felt like the skin would crack if I moved my mouth.

I cant help but notice a lot of you are saying that this has mineral oil in it, and forming your opinions around this 'fact.' I would like everyone to look at the ingredients list below and take note that there is no mineral oil in this product.

Ingredients: ethylhexyl palmitate, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, polyethylene, peg-5 glyceryl triisostearate, water, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol continued >>

27 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by cityskin

Clinique's Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm is an amazing product. I've not always had the best experiences with Clinque but this cleansing balm is my must-have.

What I really liked about this product: It glides on and allows for gently removal of all the makeup. I only where foundation and a tinted moisturizer with non-waterproof mascara, eyeliner and sometimes eye shadow. This cleansing balm takes off all of that and probably more. I also love that this is fragrance free and mineral oil based because it's less irritating on my skin. *On a side note, I always use a separate cleanser after this balm just for my own preference. Overall, I love this product and will buy it again and again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by mlyork

In my perpetual search for the perfect makeup remover (not to be confused with EYEMAKEUP remover), I had such high hopes for this product. Primarily, based on a lot of the reviews here. There was some debate about whether you must apply it to dry or wet skin, but I follow directions diligently and, as the label says, I applied it only to dry skin.

What does this product even DO? I don't need an eyemakeup remover, I can get that at CVS for $4 bucks. What I need is my foundation, powder, and blush taken off efficiently. I have large pores and more recently, hormonal acne, so I take very good care of my skin. This balm, even applied dry, left my skin with clogged pores and filmy. After using it, it's clear you have to follow up with an exfoliant, and afterall, isn't the whole point of this so that you DON'T have to wash your face twice?

I guess for individuals who have dry or aged skin this may work out for them, but ladies, if you have pore issues or NEED exfoliating....this just isn't going to cut it. Very disappointed in this product. Their "take the day off eyemakeup remover" is excellent, but this balm fails to deliver for women who may have acne-prone skin.

Back to drawing board.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While wandering around makeup counters looking for a new makeup remover, my friend insisted that I must try Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm.

It really does take everything off quite easily. My eyeliner, my waterproof mascara (DiorShow is usually a b*tch to take off), and my mineral makeup.

What I don't like about it is how it fogs up my contacts and makes them greasy. It doesn't hurt my eyes or anything, and it goes away, but it's annoying. Also I'm not a huge fan of the consistency, and how it's oily, but if it takes off stubborn makeup then I'll continue to use it.

I also think it broke me out, but I'm not completely sure yet because I changed my entire skincare regiment. Will update later.

EDIT: I've upped it to 4 lippies. It doesn't clog my pores and removes heavy makeup with ease, and doesn't leave that nasty feeling film after washing off oils. I've gotten used to the consistency. I've taken a lippy off because of the price, though. Won't rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by fabulous_crystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What's up with the large lid?? Anyway, the lid is annoying, and the price is a little high for a makeup remover considering I use the other "Three steps" ($26). This really does remove all of the grime (LOL) though. I've always given my face a good "wash" before going to bed and in the morning, but I've noticed that the cotton pad I use with toner is virtually clean when I use the balm. I have acne and that is getting a little better too (at least its not worse). I think it's because the topical treatments get get to "sink into" my skin better, but who knows. Overall, it does the job, doesn't irritate my eyes and skin, and seems like it will last me a long time. Do buy this if you're a habitual makeup/sunscreen wearer. A little goes a long way!