Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Excellent, waterproof makeup and waterproof sunscreen is taken completely off! Packaged in a tub and excellent for travel. I just take what I need and transfer to small jar. No scent and doesn't give me clogged pores. This is the only cleanser that takes off Sheseido waterproof sunscreen! HG

This stuff really dissolves makeup and sunscreen instantly, unlike anything I've ever used. As someone who wears both but hates taking much time in the evening to remove them, I absolutely wouldn't be without it. I find that it rinses absolutely clean with no residue whatsoever. Of course I have normal to dry skin (depending on the time of year), so it doesn't bother me as some with oily skin have reported.
The large jar container might annoy some, but to get around that I just put a small amount in a tiny jar and take my portions from that. It just makes it more convenient and seemingly sanitary, since you're not putting your fingers into the entire contents of the jar.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Ok so i bought this two days ago bc even though i fell in love with the classic ponds cold cream, i felt like i still needed something more to get the gunk off my face throughly so here comes take the day off cleansing balm. I used my mac makeup wipes first and removed eye makeup and then used another one to wipe off my face and then dried w tissue since clinique states to use this on dry skin. Massaged the balm in and i felt it start to foam up somewhat and let it sit for about 30 sec and wiped with a warm cloth, my face felt very refreshed although initially the oily feeling you get when you apply it had me skeptical. I do wash with black soap after bc that keeps my skin acne free, but i think the performance of this over the past two days and the amount you get in the jar will definately be in my drawer for keeps. It seems like alot to go through for a clean face but its worth it if you want good skin besides how can makeup look good on a crusty base to begin with, your skin is worth it! EDIT: Damn, i thought this was it but sadly it's not was going to keep but will return as i agree with some reviewers who are oily, this is probaby good for people with dry/normal skin, two lippies bc it does clean well but i feel like my face is reacting to this in a way that is causing it to become oilier, basically its stripping away my skin making it dry, don't know if that made sense but that's the only way i can put it. Nope clinique, your whole line sucks, sorry.

I love this balm. It's such a joy to use something that feels this nice. I apply it and give myself a nice little face massage, and then wipe off with a warm wet washcloth. Sometimes I clean again with Spectro gel to be sure, but feel pretty confident the balm removes my sunscreen and foundation.

It does feel unsanitary to dig into the big jar all the time, but I don't really care much about that. After I cleanse I embark on other creams (etc.) so it's not like my skin is vulnerable for long.

For eyes, though, I remove with Cetaphil cream. Not sure I'd feel comfortable with semi-solid oil in that area.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product does remove face makeup quite well. However, it is seriously lacking in the makeup removing department when it comes to eye makeup. I love how it is a balm that emulsifies into an oil when rubbed together in between your hands. It removes even the toughest face makeup quite easily. It is hard-working enough to dissolve all the layers of eyeliner, shadow, foundation, mascara and lipstick without stripping my skin of all its moisture. And because it's so gentle, I can use it every day, every show, sometimes twice a day. Even though it dissolves eye makeup, it doesn't rinse off quite as easily. I find that after I've rinsed my face really well, that I still need to take a gentle eye makeup remover on a cotton pad and remove the smudges of eye makeup left from after rinsing. Because my face is very oily, I find it absolutely necessary to wash my face with another face wash. That's nothing unusual though for me. Overall, I think I'm sticking with my HG MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I runs for $27 at your local Clinique counter or on clinique.com.

I really believe in the whole deep clean with the muslin cloth process and I have tried pretty much most of the hyped up cleansers that you do this with.
Eve Lom was my first and although that started off great, I began to get breakouts after a few months of using it. Liz Earle was so so, and I'm not convinced with this one.
I feel that you're left with too much of a greasy residue after using this and I'm not getting that "super clean balanced skin" feeling either. I will use it just to finish it but I won't be buying again.

This cleanser is quite thick, but not as thick as for example Clinique Comforting Cream cleanser.

It doesn't foam, it is very mild, but also a bit more emollient (so I would suggest it if you have normal to dry skin).

But it does leave residue and dried out my skin to the stage it was peeling just in one flash.

It is mportant to use it on dry skin. Why? It is not regular cleanser but an oil cleanser (does have oils in it).

So while being effective, it again - washed again my protective barrier.

Can't recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this , it has alot of rave reviews on here. It is very good at taking make up off thoroughly but I noticed that my skin was becoming more oily the next day. I dont think the oil cleansing method works for my already oily acne prone skin. Dissapointed as I was hoping this would be holy grail status.

This is the most effective makeup remover I have tried thus far. I've been using this for 4 days and so far no breakouts! huge feat for me , i have oily, acne prone skin, mainly whiteheads and blackheads. I wear SPF 30 and studio fix powder daily. I didn't feel like my Clinique bar soap was getting it all off. With this awesome formula, I get all my gross icky makeup and SPF off + my eye makeup! yeah, so basically this stuff rocks. If it came in a tube-- that would be GLORIOUS. hahahah um 1 lippie off however

makes my eyes blurry for 5 minutes. oh well.
and its $27. not so great.

This is so far a great product. I have only been using for 2 weeks. does a great job of removing Revlon Colorstay makeup. you must use a second cleanser though for the squeeky clean feel. Hope this helps :)