Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/1/2008 11:40:00 PM

HG makeup remover. Not only does it work really well, I think it's very unique and interesting...makes me want to take my makeup off. No residue, no dryness, no tightness, just clean. Wonderfull to have something like this in my bathroom. And if the price scares you a little...the stuff lasts forever and a day. Sheer brilliance on Cliniques part (and that doesn't happen very often, I'll admit).

on 9/30/2008 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The perfect make up remover.Absolutely perfect!removes make up perfect and easy without irritating the skin.I remove my eye make up too with this and I m SUPER pleased!Removes perfect and the water proof/resistant products.Leaves skin super clean and fresh without any oily residues.Doesn't irritate the skin neither.I can't thing even one negative thing to say about this product as a make up remover.The only thing that I dislike is the packaging.I have to put my fingers in the entire product and I don't like that

on 9/25/2008 1:07:00 PM

Oh my stars, this is far and away the best makeup remover I have ever used. Takes off ANY eye makeup and facial makeup so easily and rinses completely clean (how do they do that with an oil?). I don't even think you have to use another cleanser afterwards although I do just in case since I am breakout prone. But it really does rinse everything away so you may not need to. It even gets my Shiseido SPF 55 cream completely off. This stuff RULES.

on 9/24/2008 12:31:00 AM

I left this sitting in my bathroom forever without using it!! About a month ago I decided to give it a try... shoulda sooner *kicks myself* DANG, this is good stuff. The reviews are correct. This. Stuff. Rocks. You don't really need a lot to remove a whole face full of makeup! I usually end up scooping out too much. It spreads very easily and isn't heavy or greasy (eh, maybe a TAD greasy, but nothing to complain about really!) I suposse the packaging is a bit "unhygenic" but don't worry... just wash your hands before scooping or use a spoon to scoop it out or somethin'. All problems are solved with a bit of brain usage ;D I don't use this every single day, but it is a great product. This balm and Clinique's Instant Pore Minimizer Perfector stuff are Clinique's BEST products (well, I'm not a huge Clinique junkie, but they are great!!) Anyway, after I use this I do quickly wash with a cleanser because I like to feel realllly clean :D 5 lippies fo sho'

on 9/21/2008 8:09:00 PM

I loved this product, it removed all my make up even waterproof mascara. It goes on smooth no harsh rubbing needed and wipes away very easily. I didnt like the tub as far as hygeine goes, i didnt like putting my hands in it over and over again but i didnt break out from it and it didnt harm my eyes at all. most eye make up removers make them sting for atleast 30 mins after rinsing it off. I

on 9/19/2008 2:58:00 PM

I, like so many others out there, also love this cleansing balm and would have never tried it had it not been for good reviews here. My skin is oily and acne-prone so I would have thought this would be one of the worst things I could use to clean my face. But, I wear sunscreen and longwearing foundation and I wanted to make sure my skin is clean. I only need a little of this, applied to a dry face, to remove all the "yuck" from the day. I follow up with Clinique liquid facial soap and find there is no residue on my cotton pad after I use my toner. Will repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well this is definitely a good cleanser.

I used it as it is recommended here, i.e. directly on my dry face, and then massage in.
It is true - it dissolves makeup (foundation, eyesahdow &lipstick) but I am afraid it did not work with waterproof mascara.
So on day 2 I used my usual bi-phase eye makeup remover on the eyes making sure all mascara ws gone, then Take the Day off ; I wiped away the dirt with a tissue and then washed my face with my usual face cleanser (Erno Laszlo Sea mud soap).
It is a greasy cream that serves the purpose of attaching to any other greasy molecule present on your skin. .
Basically the same thing my Oil does (Shu or Erno or whatever oil you use to ermove sunscreen).
So it will not be HG material for me, but it is a good makeup remover.

on 9/4/2008 7:17:00 PM

Okay, so i finally broke down & bought this stuff and....i'm KICKING myself for not caving sooner!!! lol ;D i'm not going to be original here...i'm going to mirror all others in saying that this stuff is awesome!! i faithfully used the liqued version of this makeup remover b/c it did what it said - it took my makeup off - my waterproof makeup - my revlon colourstay lash tint (which i have to buy off ebay b/c its not sold in mass anymore :( , btw - revlon...r u listening?!!?!) - & nothing used to take that stuff off w/out a bit of rubbin' & tuggin'. this stuff is like 'buttah' :) seriously. totally. completely. utterly - it feels soooo good once you take a bit & start massaging it on your face...for my waterproof mascara, i kinda just let this stuff 'rest' on my lashes before i start to rub the mascara off - i feel that it helps to loosen the colour from my lashes, then i take a q-tip & just remove the mascara from my eye area & just rub a little bit more & voila!! no left over remnants of waterproof mascara!!! insane, i tell you!!! i honestly used to use around 3/4 different cotton pads to completely get this stuff off - now, no way, no how - make up removal made easy :) & oily/sensitive skin gals, have no fear - this stuff is gentle...like, i get this balm in my eye & all it does is 'cloud' my vision - no burning, no stinging, nothing!! & it doesnt break me out either!! that is my main, #1 reason as to why i held off on purchasing this stuff for so long, i figured since its was a balm that it might clog up my pores & make me break out - & i'm happy to report that i was wrong - super wrong. i do see that some reviews state that they dont wash their faces after they use the balm, but i do - i feel that the film that it leaves is a bit too heavy for me - so i just use a light face wash just to get the residue off before i begin my night time skin care regime.
**fun fact** the first time i used this product, i was doing like the instructions say...just gently rubbing away...then i heard the oven go off so i just walked to the kitchen to go turn it off...while washing my hands before i pulled the food out of the oven, my bf comes into the kitchen & stares at me - i was like, 'whats going on?' & he comes back w/'have you been gardening all day? your face is covered in dirt!!' wtf!?!? so i run to the bathroom & take a look at my face - now, i am not the kinda gal who rocks make up to look like i actually have on makeup, i'm the kinda gal who rocks makeup to make it look like i dont wear makeup - that being said, i was seriously shocked to see all the makeup on my face that the clinique balm took off!!! i really looked like i had worked construction all day under the hot sun! or like i had been trudging through the wilderness for a week!!! all my eye make up the balm removed was transferred all over my face b/c of all the massaging i had done - thats how i knew this stuff was amazing & does what it does well - it took all my make up off, even the 'trace' makeup that i would still have on my cotton ball after i would use a toner - that being said, go try this stuff. right now. go. what r u waiting for? :)

on 9/4/2008 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Fantastic stuff. Takes off waterproof sunscreen and eye make-up so easily it's like it's melting off. It comes in a waxy balm that liquifies when you rub it inbetween your hands or onto your face. Smooth on, rinse off, this stuff is simple. I don't really feel a need for a cleanser after wards but you can definitely use one if you'd like. No tugging on waterproof mascara and feeling like you're losing a precious eyelash each time you do!

The packaging is nice but I don't quite like having to dip my hands into this jar (Clinique does this often, have you noticed?). The bright side is that it's great for travel, no way will it ever leak, and I don't see how else they could package this.

on 8/30/2008 2:25:00 PM

This is truly an amazing product. I have purchased at least six jars, probably more, since the day I saw it sitting out at a Clinique counter the day it was launched. I use a ton of Shiseido sunscreen and waterproof mascara almost every day and this removes all of it. I don't liquify the balm in my hands first, though; I dot it on my dry face and eyes and gently rub until it liquifies. I do find that I need a generous amount of this to remove everything, but it is so worth it! No rubbing or tugging and it rinses off perfectly. My one and only beef is that the jar it comes in is not recyclable--a horribly irresponsible move on Clinique's part. I have yet to find anything comparable, though, so I'm still a loyal customer! **9/26/08 Edited to add: I have always used an additional cleanser after TTDO until last week, when I experimented with simply rinsing it off very thoroughly and leaving it at that. I broke out like crazy! So, for me, I need an additional cleanser. I notice that the TTDO leaves a layer on my hands after I rinse, because if I try to lather up a soap or foaming cleanser I get very little lather. If I wash my hands first, the foam builds up quickly. I figure that same film on my face proves quite disagreeable to my pores.