Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/21/2009 11:01:00 PM

Love, love, love!

Melts on contact, rubs in well, lasts forever, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin... this is my HG cleanser. I take it off with a super soft sponge from The Body Shop and warm water, and this is my take the day off ritual. Can't do any better!

on 1/20/2009 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This cleansing balm takes off every last speck of sunscreen and makeup yet doesn't dry out my skin. I am amazed at how soft my face feels after using this. I apply dry, rub it in, and then rinse with warm water. With other cleansers, I usually have to follow up w/ a toner to make sure all my makeup is removed. However, with this cleanser, I no longer need toner. I love it and am so glad I discovered this, thanks to the MUA boards!

on 1/19/2009 10:13:00 PM

I really like this cleansing balm. I think it is very effective in removing sunscreen and waterproof eyeliner. This product does not cause me to break out more and can be used several times a day if necessary without drying or oiliness.
I like this produce more than Shu Umera cleansing oil or DHC cleansing oils.

on 1/10/2009 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic product for taking off my make-up, it takes it off super duper easily and effectively without having to use a lot of product and leaves my face super smooth and soft. Can't be without it. I massage this all over my dry face then I rinse and may repeat if I'm wearing heavy make-up, then I swipe with Lancome's Eau Micellaire Douceur Cleansing Water. I also adore the fact that TTDO balm does not irritiate my sensitive eyes nor give me cloudy vision at all. I purchase from strawberrynet for about 28 euros.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tried using the product at a store on some make up that I had on my hand and it worked really well. So I thought to keep it in mind for when I visit a Clinique counter again.
I picked up a jar yesterday and almost didn't buy it because of the price ($34 CDN) but I thought - I know its good because i tried it and I love Clinique products.
I used it last night incorporating it in my intense makeup removal process and it was soooo great.
My removal method is:
1. Clinique Rinse off Eye Makeup solvent (blue bottle) with a cotton pad (just a priliminary removal of eye makeup)
2. I then used to use Cold Cream by Ponds - Now its the Take the Day off Cleansing balm
3. A q-tip and Clinique's take the day off for lids, lips and lashes (pink bottle) and really just get into the lash area and waterlines for any left over makeup (and there usually is)
4. MAC wipes for all over removal

...Then I cleanse with Clinique's Liquid Facial soap and so on

By the time I washed the balm off and went in with my q-tips and the Take the Day off For lids, lips, and lashes there was barely any left over mascara / eye makeup it was great!!

The balm didn't leave any greasiness after it was washed off - it was fabulous! This will definitely be a staple in my makeup removal process.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was beyond skeptical about this when I was at my Clinique counter and saw it. The SA showed me this product's jar, and I saw what looked like Crisco inside (!)...she raved on about it, telling me how you use just a dab and it turns into an oil once it's on your skin, how it removes all traces of makeup (even waterproof), and how it leaves your skin soft and smooth and you won't breakout. I was thinking, "um...yeah. Sure." I didn't dare to even think about trying this stuff on my most-of-the-time-clear but insanely breakout-prone skin. Months later, I was looking for a new makeup remover and decided to read reviews for this. Hearing all the positive comments made me go and purchase it. Well, it is fabulous! It's everything the SA told me it was. It's everything its fans rave about. It's my holy grail makeup remover. If you are thinking about buying this, just do it! :-) Also: I use another cleanser after this (Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel), even though you can definately use it all on its own.

on 12/10/2008 6:09:00 AM

Good product, removes all makeup including ALL eye makeup.(Even waterproof and MAC fluidline eyeliner.)

PROS:
-Removes makeup easily
-Doesn't leave face feeling greasy after washing.
-Don't need a seperate makeup remover for eyes
-Gets makeup off quickly
-Haven't noticed an increase in acne since using the product.
-A little product goes a long way

CONS:
-It is more of a pre-cleanser, as I feel nervous about only using this to clean my face with. I prefer a cleanser with some sort of acne treatment as well. I'm afraid to not 're-wash' my face after using this due to the oily texture.
-Expensive
-Don't like the jar package, although I'm not sure if the package could be any different due to the texture of the product.
-Does make vision go blurry after using on eyes, but this is temporary and only lasts a few minutes. I just wipe my eyes with Kleenex and they're fine.

on 11/25/2008 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I use Shiseido's SPF 55 sunscreen (cream version) on a daily basis, so I was on the prowl for something that would take it all off at night. I was previously using Fancl's cleansing oil, but it was drying my normal-combo skin out and that was during the summer. Based on the reviews and recommendations on the Skincare Board, I bought this during a GWP promotion and really like it. It must be cleansing my skin effectively yet gently b/c I haven't suffered any breakouts or clogged pores nor any dry patches. It is a soft, unscented balm that liquifies into an oil when you start massaging it into the skin and then rinses off w/ water, all of which is just so magical to me (Hey, small pleasures, right?). Voila! Clean face. You don't even need to use a separate cleanser afterwards. This will, however, make your vision go blurry if you use it to remove your eye makeup. As someone below already said, it doesn't sting or burn, it just makes everything blurry for awhile. As I hate makeup removers that do this, I feel like I'd have to buy a separate one just for use around the eyes which ticks me off the tiniest bit. Fortunately, I don't usually wear eye m/u on a daily basis, so it doesn't turn out to be too much of an issue. Also, while I don't mind using moisturizers in jars at all [that require you to dip your fingers in it to get to the product], I'm not 100% crazy about the jar packaging here for some reason. Unfortunately, I can't think of a better way to package it given its texture. I'd still buy it again, though.

on 11/21/2008 1:51:00 PM

I love this cleansing balm. I bought this product 2 weeks ago and so far I dont have any complaints. It really does take all the makeup off. I used the dermologica precleanse before which did a decent job but this one wins by far. It doesnt leave your skin oily nor too dry. Just follow with a good moisturizer. I would definitely repurchase again.

on 11/19/2008 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This stuff is wonderful! I occasionally wear MUFE HD liquid foundation and felt like my usual cleanser (MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cleanser) wasn't getting it all off....esp since it stained my 187 brush! I tried this based on the great reviews and am very pleased. I use this on my dry face to remove the foundation, rinse, then follow up with my regular cleanser and my face feels completely clean yet comfortable, not tight or dry. There are very few cleansers that don't irritate my very sensitive skin with rosacea and this is one of them. I hope they never discontinue this! Ingredients are very simple: ethylhexyl palmitate, safflower seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, polyethylene, peg-5 glyceryl triisostearate, purified water, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol Edit 6/19/09: I've found that if I use this for more than a few days in a row and don't use the MD Forte Cleanser after it my face does get dry and slightly irritated.