April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by valngau

I'm on my third jar right now. I have combination skin & this stuff is great in removing make-up, even the water resistant ones. What's great is that it's not oily, especially when I'm removing waterproof eye makeup. Apart from removing it effectively, it doesn't run into my eyes unlike oily eye make-up removers. After rinsing, my skin doesn't feel dry but it leaves a dewy finish.

The price is OK for something that lasts quite long

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 10:36:00 AM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just purchased my second tub - this stuff lasts a long time and is worth the cash. I use a little spatula to scoop out the product. I have recently been using this in the morning, particularly in my t-zone area b/c I have become so oily with the summer humidity/heat. This is a basic staple for removing ss and makeup at the end of the day. Fine on its own, but I will probably use a second milky cleanser after it during the winter.
skin type: sens/reactive, dry - (combo in summer) Update: This doesn't remove my eye make up as well MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I have this for travel only.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by krw134

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Already on my 2nd tub of this wonderful balm. It takes my makeup and sunscreen off without drying my skin. I do follow with my regular cleanser only because I feel like I'm not rinsing this off completely. Will definitely repurchase. EDIT - I had to stop using this, as it was clogging my pores. As soon as I stopped, the clogs went away. Boo. Took off 2 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by lawladyda

Although I love the concept of a balm cleanser, I agree with other posters that this cleanser caused my already dry, dehydrated skin to become even drier. You know a cleanser is not meant for you when, after washing and drying your face, it feels like it's going to crack and fall off! That's what happed for me. I could actually see the dryness and flakes after cleansing. However, for those with oilier skin, this probably would be great. It does what it claims to do, removes all traces of makeup, including eye. It is completely fragrance free as well, good for those who are sensitive to fragrance. Oh well, the search for my HG cleanser continues...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Goodness, I hate this product! I love the Cleansing Milk version of Clinique Take The Day Off, and was very intrigued to try this Balm after reading the rave reviews, even though I'm very sceptical that this will work since I have dry skin that is very easily dehydrated, and I'm right. It may removes makeup/sunblock well, but it dries the heck out of my skin, and ruin my skin textures totally. Now it's rough and pores dilate, just after 1 usage. Clinique website stated that the Cleansing Milk is recommended for drier skin. I should've known better. The "only" positive thing compared to the Cleansing Milk is that this doesn't sting my eyes, so it's better for removing eye makeup. Still, this is not an option for me because it's so drying for my Clinique type 2 skin. Bottomline, if you're combo/oily, you may love this one (hence the high lippie), but dry skinned ladies, I recommend you to try the Cleansing Milk version instead.

Price: IDR260,000

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by LinDo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First let me say my skin is prone to clogs and occasional breakouts. Never did I think I'd LOVE something like a balm to cleanse my skin. But on the makeupalley board I learned oil dissolves oil, so I tried it. I cannot tell you how nice this balm feels massaged on your skin. It melts off the day's dirt and makeup and sunscreen and rinses completely clean with warm water. I do not even use a washcloth, just my fingertips. This balm has not caused blemishes, and is the perfect cleanser for my Retin A dry skin! If your skin ever feels the least dehydrated, give it a try. I really think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by melannkkg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product! However it made me break out:(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by aieshxgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after my DHC cleansing oil ran out. I use this primarily as a makeup remover. A little bit goes a long way and I wash my face with a facial cleanser after I wash this off. I'm not really a clinque skin care user but I like this balm..feels like its really getting all the gunk off than those ponds makeup remover wipes :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

5 lippies from someone who's not a Clinique fan!
I'm oily and prone to break-outs, and I'm using this as a pre-cleanse before my sulphur soap. I don't use it on my eyes though, so I don't know how effective it would be in taking off my eye make-up (although I hear it does well with that also).
I massage it onto my dry face first, then add water and massage some more, and then rinse. It takes away all my make-up, rinses clean and doesn't leave my face tight or dry.
It never caused any break-outs, but I make sure I never use it by itself too. My skin seems to have improved after introducing this in my skincare routine, so I bought a back-up already.
I wish it lasted longer (mine lasted for about a month), and that it was cheaper, but these are the only complaints that I have about this product.
EDIT-I love this so much, that I felt I should edit after 3 months of use just to say that I'm towards the end of my 2nd jar, and intend to buy my third. It never gave me any breakouts, no extra oiliness, I still follow up with a sulphur based soap, and my face has never looked better. I have no intention of changing it any time soon.
EDIT 10/16/2008 - still my HG. I've been using it for over one year, bought many jars already - nothing can beat it IMO. I get less breakouts because it takes off the makeup so well, and it's never caused any problem. I do follow with another cleanser.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge fan of balms and oil-based cleansers. I had a friend tell me how great this was at removing all makeup including eye makeup. I had tried to get a sample from Clinique before buying, but they had no tester jars and didn't seem to keen on handing out a sample, jar or not. I was so excited to try this out, I remember happily slathering it all over my face and my eyelids. And then nothing happened. A big white lumpy mass became a sort of non-oily liquid when I whooshed it around my face. Then I rinsed it off, and followed up with my normal cleanser. Dry skin baby! Dry, tight skin all the way. I really just don't like this stuff at all. It doesn't look pretty, it doesn't smell pretty and it's not moisturizing in the least. Not that a product has to be cute or smell cute to work, but I really expected it to be more moisturous. I don't know how it can be called a balm, a balm to me is coddling and moisturizing. I find it so odd to use this, since it always just seems to sit on the surface on my skin never really penetrating. And I can't seem to get it to remove my liner and mascara properly. All in all this was somewhat of a useless purchase, since my normal cleansers remove makeup just fine on their own. Hopefully I'll be able to put this to some sort of use over the summer months, maybe it'll take off my Megan Gale sunscreen easily.