Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/21/2008 8:09:00 PM

I loved this product, it removed all my make up even waterproof mascara. It goes on smooth no harsh rubbing needed and wipes away very easily. I didnt like the tub as far as hygeine goes, i didnt like putting my hands in it over and over again but i didnt break out from it and it didnt harm my eyes at all. most eye make up removers make them sting for atleast 30 mins after rinsing it off. I

on 9/19/2008 2:58:00 PM

I, like so many others out there, also love this cleansing balm and would have never tried it had it not been for good reviews here. My skin is oily and acne-prone so I would have thought this would be one of the worst things I could use to clean my face. But, I wear sunscreen and longwearing foundation and I wanted to make sure my skin is clean. I only need a little of this, applied to a dry face, to remove all the "yuck" from the day. I follow up with Clinique liquid facial soap and find there is no residue on my cotton pad after I use my toner. Will repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well this is definitely a good cleanser.

I used it as it is recommended here, i.e. directly on my dry face, and then massage in.
It is true - it dissolves makeup (foundation, eyesahdow &lipstick) but I am afraid it did not work with waterproof mascara.
So on day 2 I used my usual bi-phase eye makeup remover on the eyes making sure all mascara ws gone, then Take the Day off ; I wiped away the dirt with a tissue and then washed my face with my usual face cleanser (Erno Laszlo Sea mud soap).
It is a greasy cream that serves the purpose of attaching to any other greasy molecule present on your skin. .
Basically the same thing my Oil does (Shu or Erno or whatever oil you use to ermove sunscreen).
So it will not be HG material for me, but it is a good makeup remover.

on 9/4/2008 7:17:00 PM

Okay, so i finally broke down & bought this stuff and....i'm KICKING myself for not caving sooner!!! lol ;D i'm not going to be original here...i'm going to mirror all others in saying that this stuff is awesome!! i faithfully used the liqued version of this makeup remover b/c it did what it said - it took my makeup off - my waterproof makeup - my revlon colourstay lash tint (which i have to buy off ebay b/c its not sold in mass anymore :( , btw - revlon...r u listening?!!?!) - & nothing used to take that stuff off w/out a bit of rubbin' & tuggin'. this stuff is like 'buttah' :) seriously. totally. completely. utterly - it feels soooo good once you take a bit & start massaging it on your face...for my waterproof mascara, i kinda just let this stuff 'rest' on my lashes before i start to rub the mascara off - i feel that it helps to loosen the colour from my lashes, then i take a q-tip & just remove the mascara from my eye area & just rub a little bit more & voila!! no left over remnants of waterproof mascara!!! insane, i tell you!!! i honestly used to use around 3/4 different cotton pads to completely get this stuff off - now, no way, no how - make up removal made easy :) & oily/sensitive skin gals, have no fear - this stuff is gentle...like, i get this balm in my eye & all it does is 'cloud' my vision - no burning, no stinging, nothing!! & it doesnt break me out either!! that is my main, #1 reason as to why i held off on purchasing this stuff for so long, i figured since its was a balm that it might clog up my pores & make me break out - & i'm happy to report that i was wrong - super wrong. i do see that some reviews state that they dont wash their faces after they use the balm, but i do - i feel that the film that it leaves is a bit too heavy for me - so i just use a light face wash just to get the residue off before i begin my night time skin care regime.
**fun fact** the first time i used this product, i was doing like the instructions say...just gently rubbing away...then i heard the oven go off so i just walked to the kitchen to go turn it off...while washing my hands before i pulled the food out of the oven, my bf comes into the kitchen & stares at me - i was like, 'whats going on?' & he comes back w/'have you been gardening all day? your face is covered in dirt!!' wtf!?!? so i run to the bathroom & take a look at my face - now, i am not the kinda gal who rocks make up to look like i actually have on makeup, i'm the kinda gal who rocks makeup to make it look like i dont wear makeup - that being said, i was seriously shocked to see all the makeup on my face that the clinique balm took off!!! i really looked like i had worked construction all day under the hot sun! or like i had been trudging through the wilderness for a week!!! all my eye make up the balm removed was transferred all over my face b/c of all the massaging i had done - thats how i knew this stuff was amazing & does what it does well - it took all my make up off, even the 'trace' makeup that i would still have on my cotton ball after i would use a toner - that being said, go try this stuff. right now. go. what r u waiting for? :)

on 9/4/2008 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Fantastic stuff. Takes off waterproof sunscreen and eye make-up so easily it's like it's melting off. It comes in a waxy balm that liquifies when you rub it inbetween your hands or onto your face. Smooth on, rinse off, this stuff is simple. I don't really feel a need for a cleanser after wards but you can definitely use one if you'd like. No tugging on waterproof mascara and feeling like you're losing a precious eyelash each time you do!

The packaging is nice but I don't quite like having to dip my hands into this jar (Clinique does this often, have you noticed?). The bright side is that it's great for travel, no way will it ever leak, and I don't see how else they could package this.

on 8/30/2008 2:25:00 PM

This is truly an amazing product. I have purchased at least six jars, probably more, since the day I saw it sitting out at a Clinique counter the day it was launched. I use a ton of Shiseido sunscreen and waterproof mascara almost every day and this removes all of it. I don't liquify the balm in my hands first, though; I dot it on my dry face and eyes and gently rub until it liquifies. I do find that I need a generous amount of this to remove everything, but it is so worth it! No rubbing or tugging and it rinses off perfectly. My one and only beef is that the jar it comes in is not recyclable--a horribly irresponsible move on Clinique's part. I have yet to find anything comparable, though, so I'm still a loyal customer! **9/26/08 Edited to add: I have always used an additional cleanser after TTDO until last week, when I experimented with simply rinsing it off very thoroughly and leaving it at that. I broke out like crazy! So, for me, I need an additional cleanser. I notice that the TTDO leaves a layer on my hands after I rinse, because if I try to lather up a soap or foaming cleanser I get very little lather. If I wash my hands first, the foam builds up quickly. I figure that same film on my face proves quite disagreeable to my pores.

on 8/23/2008 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I'd stayed away from Clinique for about 20 years because the stuff I was sold in my 20's was far too harsh for my skin and I never would have tried this if not for the reviews here. I'm so glad I did. This is a fabullous product. Quick, thorough and gentle. It does not dry my skin. I'm using it without a follow-up face washing but I remove it with a warm washcloth instead of by splashing and I follow up with an alcohol-free toner. The cotton ball is almost bare. I suppose there's no other way to package a balm but I do wish Clinique would include a little spatula to remove it from the jar. Not too much to ask, especially at the price. I'm using a spatula I saved from another product but fingers -- dry! -- are fine too. My thanks to all who tried this before I did and took the time to review it. I'm going to buy more during the upcoming GWP.

on 8/22/2008 7:34:00 AM

I'm another fan!! This is great at removing makeup in one step. When i tone my face after using this there is hardly anything on the cotton pad unlike most other cleansers ive used. Doesnt irritate my skin or make me break out. Packaging is ok, doesn't bother me. You only need a small amount and warm it between hands. It transforms to a silky fluid oil, then smooth over face and rinse. It rinses clean away and no oily afterfeel. Great for travel - no leakages. Price is fine for the amount and small amount used each time.

I love it!!!

on 8/9/2008 1:27:00 AM

This cleansing balm is great. I have acne prone skin so I gotta be careful with what I use to remove my war paint. I have tried MAC, broke out, Dermalogic, to expensive, and then I found this. Excellent product, takes my makeup off gently but effectively and rinses off clean. No problems with my skin thus far, and a little goes a long way. At $24/CDN it's a deal!

Another HG from clinique!! I find this stuff amazing. Takes off every last trace of face makeup, even when i wear EL's Double Wear or MUFE's mat velvet + matifying foundation. And those are notoriously hard to get off. But not for this baby!! And it's so gentle, comes right out as wax, and then as soon as i start rubbing it into my skin turns into this emollient soft kind of paste thing? Kind of lighter than a paste. Anyway, it's amazing. And I don't think this can break you out, because I have combo reactive skin, and this stuff is just very soothing, and also removes every last bit of makeup so i have less acne when i use it. =) You don't even need that much, just like a dab on each cheek, and on the forehead. I use my nail to scoop it out in a backwards motion so it comes out on top of my nail. Hahahah. Aaaaaand... *thinks* oh yeah, you can't just use this and then wash it off with water and thats it. You have to follow up with some cleanser, whatever it is. My night routine is this, take the day off for eyes, then some kinda facial soap, toner, moisturizer, and thats it. =) I love it, and it is kinda expensive but considering you need one every like..7 or 8 months, and i use it DAILY, it's not bad at all. =) I haven't been able to find drugstore stuff that's comparable to this so ...i can't say anything about that. Hahah. But i highly recommend this, without any doubt. =) Hope it works as well for everyone out there! <3