July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking at the packaging and realised all the cleansing balm are in a wide mouth pot. (why so???) ok get down to the product: It is a white waxy looking balm that turns to a cleasning oil texture. It is non fragranced, removes all makeup even eyeliner, shadows as well as long lasting foundation. Add water to emulsify up the balm and it rinses off pretty clean. It can go without the additional cleanser but i am so ingrained on double cleansing i still wash again after this. Best thing is that it does not clog pores although it is mineral oil based. An also contrary to my beliefs, this 125ml pot last for so long almost 3 months even on daily usage. It boils down to be cheaper than my Clarins makeup remover 200ml one month.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2007 10:47:00 AM More reviews by kei_fujo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i am pretty big on this clinique product as well. as said before, it is a solid balm that liquifies when rubbed between hands. it does a great job at removing makeup and waterproof sunscreen. i generally need to use a seperate eye makeup remover because it doesn't completely remove my mascara and colorstay eyeliner. i gave it a 4 because if i don't blot any excessive oil from my face then it doesn't seem to rinse completely clean, but if i'm not overly oily it rinses clean and leaves my face super soft. i generally apply some water and emulsify it, then rinse. i will definately repurchase this. it's a tad expensive, but a little goes a long way and will probably last awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by suerte99

I was wandering through Macy's and I saw the Clinique counter. I went over there and asked for a really good makeup remover that will take off liquid eyeliners and heavy eyemakeup. I already use the Rinse Off Eye Makeup remover (I got some as a gift...I normally use Neutrogena) but I wanted something for my whole face.

THIS STUFF ROCKS. $26.00 is kind of expensive, but not THAT expensive when you consider the 2 other products it knocks out (like eyemakeup remover and then face wash). You still need to use an astringent with this, IMO because this stuff has oils in it and I like to remove every last stitch of makeup off my face.

I take a very small amount on my index finger and kind of smear some on each cheek, my forehead, my chin, and each eye lid. Then I start off by massaging my eye area gently and going over my lashes a couple of times. Then I go over the rest of my face and I wipe it all away with a CVS brand baby wipe - nothing fancy. It's a solid but it melts almost on contact with your face.

I can totally open my eyes with this stuff on my face with no irritation. It seems really safe.

Like I said... $26.00 is kind of steep, but it knocks out a $6.00 Clean n Clear face wash and a $6.00 Neutrogena eye makeup remover.

I think I am in love with this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by painted_dainty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a cleanser that would clean away sunscreen and difficult makeup such as waterproof mascara and eyeliner. This cleanser does! It is truly a balm in texture but it isn't super oily. It is fragrance-free and colourless which is the main reason I bought it since I have sensitive skin. My skin feels amazing afterwards, very soft and clean. My only complaint is that once it really stung my eyes (I think I used too much and it didn't rinse away very well as a result) so I would recommend not to put copious amounts on your eyes, just use a small bit on a soft cotton pad when removing eye makeup. I would buy this again though!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2007 6:20:00 AM More reviews by primflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This comes so close to being an HG cleanser for me but does not quite make the grade, sadly. I love how it removes everything including MMU and sunscreen and waterproof mascara. I love how it rinses off so well. And I love how it takes me just a couple of minutes to get my face beautfiully clean.
However, my skin does not like it. I'm mid 40's with combination skin that is not normally dry, but this really dries my skin out. I wanted this product to work. I've tried it several times, but it is definitely drying me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by chajy

It's great for taking off ss and heavy makeup but i cannot tolerate the oil it leaves on my eye lashes. It's hard to take off the film after so many washes..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have jumped on the Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm bandwagon. I never expected to use a product like this on my oily skin, but this stuff is essential for removing my Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion. In fact, I recently left this behind when I went on a weekend trip, and now I have pimples that prove the necessity of using this. It really does take everything off, as long as I apply to dry, rather than damp, skin. I just rub it around, and all my makeup and sunscreen melts off. Then I rinse, and it all comes off cleanly with no residue. And it's fragrance free, so it never irritates my sensitive skin. I can't rave enough about this stuff.

Ingredients: ethylhexyl palmitate, safflower seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, polyethylene, peg-5 glyceryl triisostearate, water, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Ro86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a trial size of this as a GWP. I have almost finished my little jar and am going to buy a full size when i'm done. Takes absolutely everything off, even waterproof eyemakeup. Great to use if you have dry skin. I don't mind the packaging, i just rub a cotton pad in the jar, and take off my makeup that way. I only use it for eye makeup, and have a seperate cleanser to use over my whole face, simply because parting with Trilogy's cream cleanser would be a tragedy, but using this all over would still suffice for those who just want a one step cleansing routine. Wonderful product, worth the 55AUD in my opinion because you don't need to use alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by pisces7

Excellent cleanser. It removes all makeup (including waterproof ones, my stubborn MAC pigments) and sunscreen. It is not greasy. It does not irritate my extremely sensitive eyes. Even though my skin tends to dry, it doesn't dry it. What else to expect from a cleanser? Price may be a bit expensive though because it seems the jar will not last so long with everyday usage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really like this cleansing balm!!! my skin is very prone to breakouts and this wonderful stuff has not irritated my sensitive skin!!! so far i havn't noticed any breakouts. :)