January 25, 2015 | 1071 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleansing balm is great. I have acne prone skin so I gotta be careful with what I use to remove my war paint. I have tried MAC, broke out, Dermalogic, to expensive, and then I found this. Excellent product, takes my makeup off gently but effectively and rinses off clean. No problems with my skin thus far, and a little goes a long way. At $24/CDN it's a deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lady_baby_doll

Another HG from clinique!! I find this stuff amazing. Takes off every last trace of face makeup, even when i wear EL's Double Wear or MUFE's mat velvet + matifying foundation. And those are notoriously hard to get off. But not for this baby!! And it's so gentle, comes right out as wax, and then as soon as i start rubbing it into my skin turns into this emollient soft kind of paste thing? Kind of lighter than a paste. Anyway, it's amazing. And I don't think this can break you out, because I have combo reactive skin, and this stuff is just very soothing, and also removes every last bit of makeup so i have less acne when i use it. =) You don't even need that much, just like a dab on each cheek, and on the forehead. I use my nail to scoop it out in a backwards motion so it comes out on top of my nail. Hahahah. Aaaaaand... *thinks* oh yeah, you can't just use this and then wash it off with water and thats it. You have to follow up with some cleanser, whatever it is. My night routine is this, take the day off for eyes, then some kinda facial soap, toner, moisturizer, and thats it. =) I love it, and it is kinda expensive but considering you need one every like..7 or 8 months, and i use it DAILY, it's not bad at all. =) I haven't been able to find drugstore stuff that's comparable to this so ...i can't say anything about that. Hahah. But i highly recommend this, without any doubt. =) Hope it works as well for everyone out there! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do like this stuff! I have very oily skin in the warmer months and normal skin in the winter time. This cleanser removes all my makeup, spf and eye makeup without any tugging etc. It also does not make me either greasy for dry after using it! I would prefer it to be a different container for storage purposes like a squeeze tube. It would be more handy that way but other that it's great stuff! P.S. This does not clog my pores what so ever! Plus added bonus of no scent which I love about Clinique items!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by keititatsudoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Omg. The HG cleanser I've always wanted.

I was getting worried for a while. I had SO many clogged pores and I was getting blackheads that I've never gotten in my life. But those were not what I was thinking of when I bought this, just how annoying it is to have to take off your eye and face makeup with two different products.

I used this product ONCE and every single pore was cleared. Every trace of makeup was gone. Every little dry flake of skin was banished but the oiliness in my T-zone was gone as well. So, can I really say anything better about this? It lasts foreveeeeeer and it's well worth the money (and I'm *cheap*). I'll be buying more the second I run out. I couldn't last a day without this.

PS even if you don't wear makeup, get this. It takes away all the dirt that's accumulated on your skin during the day. You'll be left with clean, dewy, soft, healthy skin.

<3 love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetpea1283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My one true love, the HG you have been looking for! This puts all other makeup removers to shame. It's a balm which you scrape a little out, rub it around in your hands until its clear and oily, rub it around on your eyes/face for about 20 seconds, rinse, and BAM clear face! Everything is gone - gel liners, waterproof mascaras, heavy going out makeup every-every-everything. Then I normally follow up with a regular cleanser if i had a lot of makeup on, just to remove all residue. So highly recommended, please go buy this and put away all those liquids and cotton pads and rubbing, no more!
TIP - only apply with dry hands. if you get water in the tub, it turns white and mushy and gets a bad texture. still works but i find i have to use more if it to work if it gets wet. if it doesn't get wet the tub lasts a super long time so def getting a lot of product/use for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by manderz84

This jar contains a miraculous treat!! No matter how oily I have been throughout the day, no matter how much makeup I have on....this stuff takes it right off!!!! It is AMAZING!!! If any of you use the Clinique water-proof mascara, you know it is a PAIN to get off.....it just doesn't wanna leave your lashes! When I am using this balm, i rub it over my eye lids and lashes and when I rinse it off...*POOF* no more mascara!!

The big jar is a little aggravating....but I guess with it being a balm, that was the best solution for packaging. Also, like in all the other reviews, this stuff feels weird when you first put it on....but once you rub in over your face...it really feels good! Oh yea...this stuff is a little expensive, too! I paid $26.50 @ Clinique.com for it....HOWEVER....a little bit goes a long way.

Best purchase I have made in a LONG time!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by angochoa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just bought this about 3 days ago and I am sold!!! wonderful cleanser that takes it all off. Gentle on the eyes and softens you face too. You don't feel greasy afterwards but you also don't feel tight and dry. It is a great product to travel with also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a holy grail for makeup removal. I can say its very gentle for such a heavy duty cleanser. The main ingredient is safflower oil, less residue than other oil cleansers and no tugging to remove darn mascara. You just need just a little to take off waterproof, cream, any type of makeup. It washes off with water. I still like to use a light cleanser to clean after this. I just wish it came in a squeeze tube instead of wide mouth jar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleansing product for me. I use it in the evenings whether I'm wearing makeup on or not. If I'm wearing - it gets rid of the lot, if I'm not - it gets all of the city dirt and grime straight off. I use it in a similar manner as I used the Dermalogica Precleanse. I always wash my face with another product (sometimes Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel...sometimes Cliniques Mild Liquid Soap) afterwards. My skin is oily/combo and I live in the center of the city. The grime it collects during the day is unreal and this balm is an important part of my nightly ritual. Clinique do great products (in my opinon) for getting your skin perfectly clean. For me this is where they really excell. I especially like how their cleansing products leave no residue behind. There's a GWP this week at Harvey Nicks and this is one of the products that I need to replace...so yes..I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on the reviews here and use it after Dermalogica Precleanse. I love the results. The two products leave my sking completely clean clear and smooth. This will remove mascara, without stinging. I love it. I love it. I will continue using this in conjunction with the Precleanse. I love the packaging, I love the waxy consistency - perfect for travel. Just perfect.