Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/30/2008 2:25:00 PM

This is truly an amazing product. I have purchased at least six jars, probably more, since the day I saw it sitting out at a Clinique counter the day it was launched. I use a ton of Shiseido sunscreen and waterproof mascara almost every day and this removes all of it. I don't liquify the balm in my hands first, though; I dot it on my dry face and eyes and gently rub until it liquifies. I do find that I need a generous amount of this to remove everything, but it is so worth it! No rubbing or tugging and it rinses off perfectly. My one and only beef is that the jar it comes in is not recyclable--a horribly irresponsible move on Clinique's part. I have yet to find anything comparable, though, so I'm still a loyal customer! **9/26/08 Edited to add: I have always used an additional cleanser after TTDO until last week, when I experimented with simply rinsing it off very thoroughly and leaving it at that. I broke out like crazy! So, for me, I need an additional cleanser. I notice that the TTDO leaves a layer on my hands after I rinse, because if I try to lather up a soap or foaming cleanser I get very little lather. If I wash my hands first, the foam builds up quickly. I figure that same film on my face proves quite disagreeable to my pores.

on 8/23/2008 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I'd stayed away from Clinique for about 20 years because the stuff I was sold in my 20's was far too harsh for my skin and I never would have tried this if not for the reviews here. I'm so glad I did. This is a fabullous product. Quick, thorough and gentle. It does not dry my skin. I'm using it without a follow-up face washing but I remove it with a warm washcloth instead of by splashing and I follow up with an alcohol-free toner. The cotton ball is almost bare. I suppose there's no other way to package a balm but I do wish Clinique would include a little spatula to remove it from the jar. Not too much to ask, especially at the price. I'm using a spatula I saved from another product but fingers -- dry! -- are fine too. My thanks to all who tried this before I did and took the time to review it. I'm going to buy more during the upcoming GWP.

on 8/22/2008 7:34:00 AM

I'm another fan!! This is great at removing makeup in one step. When i tone my face after using this there is hardly anything on the cotton pad unlike most other cleansers ive used. Doesnt irritate my skin or make me break out. Packaging is ok, doesn't bother me. You only need a small amount and warm it between hands. It transforms to a silky fluid oil, then smooth over face and rinse. It rinses clean away and no oily afterfeel. Great for travel - no leakages. Price is fine for the amount and small amount used each time.

I love it!!!

on 8/9/2008 1:27:00 AM

This cleansing balm is great. I have acne prone skin so I gotta be careful with what I use to remove my war paint. I have tried MAC, broke out, Dermalogic, to expensive, and then I found this. Excellent product, takes my makeup off gently but effectively and rinses off clean. No problems with my skin thus far, and a little goes a long way. At $24/CDN it's a deal!

Another HG from clinique!! I find this stuff amazing. Takes off every last trace of face makeup, even when i wear EL's Double Wear or MUFE's mat velvet + matifying foundation. And those are notoriously hard to get off. But not for this baby!! And it's so gentle, comes right out as wax, and then as soon as i start rubbing it into my skin turns into this emollient soft kind of paste thing? Kind of lighter than a paste. Anyway, it's amazing. And I don't think this can break you out, because I have combo reactive skin, and this stuff is just very soothing, and also removes every last bit of makeup so i have less acne when i use it. =) You don't even need that much, just like a dab on each cheek, and on the forehead. I use my nail to scoop it out in a backwards motion so it comes out on top of my nail. Hahahah. Aaaaaand... *thinks* oh yeah, you can't just use this and then wash it off with water and thats it. You have to follow up with some cleanser, whatever it is. My night routine is this, take the day off for eyes, then some kinda facial soap, toner, moisturizer, and thats it. =) I love it, and it is kinda expensive but considering you need one every like..7 or 8 months, and i use it DAILY, it's not bad at all. =) I haven't been able to find drugstore stuff that's comparable to this so ...i can't say anything about that. Hahah. But i highly recommend this, without any doubt. =) Hope it works as well for everyone out there! <3

on 7/27/2008 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really do like this stuff! I have very oily skin in the warmer months and normal skin in the winter time. This cleanser removes all my makeup, spf and eye makeup without any tugging etc. It also does not make me either greasy for dry after using it! I would prefer it to be a different container for storage purposes like a squeeze tube. It would be more handy that way but other that it's great stuff! P.S. This does not clog my pores what so ever! Plus added bonus of no scent which I love about Clinique items!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Omg. The HG cleanser I've always wanted.

I was getting worried for a while. I had SO many clogged pores and I was getting blackheads that I've never gotten in my life. But those were not what I was thinking of when I bought this, just how annoying it is to have to take off your eye and face makeup with two different products.

I used this product ONCE and every single pore was cleared. Every trace of makeup was gone. Every little dry flake of skin was banished but the oiliness in my T-zone was gone as well. So, can I really say anything better about this? It lasts foreveeeeeer and it's well worth the money (and I'm *cheap*). I'll be buying more the second I run out. I couldn't last a day without this.

PS even if you don't wear makeup, get this. It takes away all the dirt that's accumulated on your skin during the day. You'll be left with clean, dewy, soft, healthy skin.

<3 love it

on 7/10/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My one true love, the HG you have been looking for! This puts all other makeup removers to shame. It's a balm which you scrape a little out, rub it around in your hands until its clear and oily, rub it around on your eyes/face for about 20 seconds, rinse, and BAM clear face! Everything is gone - gel liners, waterproof mascaras, heavy going out makeup every-every-everything. Then I normally follow up with a regular cleanser if i had a lot of makeup on, just to remove all residue. So highly recommended, please go buy this and put away all those liquids and cotton pads and rubbing, no more!
TIP - only apply with dry hands. if you get water in the tub, it turns white and mushy and gets a bad texture. still works but i find i have to use more if it to work if it gets wet. if it doesn't get wet the tub lasts a super long time so def getting a lot of product/use for the price.

on 7/3/2008 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This jar contains a miraculous treat!! No matter how oily I have been throughout the day, no matter how much makeup I have on....this stuff takes it right off!!!! It is AMAZING!!! If any of you use the Clinique water-proof mascara, you know it is a PAIN to get off.....it just doesn't wanna leave your lashes! When I am using this balm, i rub it over my eye lids and lashes and when I rinse it off...*POOF* no more mascara!!

The big jar is a little aggravating....but I guess with it being a balm, that was the best solution for packaging. Also, like in all the other reviews, this stuff feels weird when you first put it on....but once you rub in over your face...it really feels good! Oh yea...this stuff is a little expensive, too! I paid $26.50 @ Clinique.com for it....HOWEVER....a little bit goes a long way.

Best purchase I have made in a LONG time!!!

on 6/22/2008 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just bought this about 3 days ago and I am sold!!! wonderful cleanser that takes it all off. Gentle on the eyes and softens you face too. You don't feel greasy afterwards but you also don't feel tight and dry. It is a great product to travel with also.