Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/10/2008 6:09:00 AM

Good product, removes all makeup including ALL eye makeup.(Even waterproof and MAC fluidline eyeliner.)

PROS:
-Removes makeup easily
-Doesn't leave face feeling greasy after washing.
-Don't need a seperate makeup remover for eyes
-Gets makeup off quickly
-Haven't noticed an increase in acne since using the product.
-A little product goes a long way

CONS:
-It is more of a pre-cleanser, as I feel nervous about only using this to clean my face with. I prefer a cleanser with some sort of acne treatment as well. I'm afraid to not 're-wash' my face after using this due to the oily texture.
-Expensive
-Don't like the jar package, although I'm not sure if the package could be any different due to the texture of the product.
-Does make vision go blurry after using on eyes, but this is temporary and only lasts a few minutes. I just wipe my eyes with Kleenex and they're fine.

on 11/25/2008 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I use Shiseido's SPF 55 sunscreen (cream version) on a daily basis, so I was on the prowl for something that would take it all off at night. I was previously using Fancl's cleansing oil, but it was drying my normal-combo skin out and that was during the summer. Based on the reviews and recommendations on the Skincare Board, I bought this during a GWP promotion and really like it. It must be cleansing my skin effectively yet gently b/c I haven't suffered any breakouts or clogged pores nor any dry patches. It is a soft, unscented balm that liquifies into an oil when you start massaging it into the skin and then rinses off w/ water, all of which is just so magical to me (Hey, small pleasures, right?). Voila! Clean face. You don't even need to use a separate cleanser afterwards. This will, however, make your vision go blurry if you use it to remove your eye makeup. As someone below already said, it doesn't sting or burn, it just makes everything blurry for awhile. As I hate makeup removers that do this, I feel like I'd have to buy a separate one just for use around the eyes which ticks me off the tiniest bit. Fortunately, I don't usually wear eye m/u on a daily basis, so it doesn't turn out to be too much of an issue. Also, while I don't mind using moisturizers in jars at all [that require you to dip your fingers in it to get to the product], I'm not 100% crazy about the jar packaging here for some reason. Unfortunately, I can't think of a better way to package it given its texture. I'd still buy it again, though.

on 11/21/2008 1:51:00 PM

I love this cleansing balm. I bought this product 2 weeks ago and so far I dont have any complaints. It really does take all the makeup off. I used the dermologica precleanse before which did a decent job but this one wins by far. It doesnt leave your skin oily nor too dry. Just follow with a good moisturizer. I would definitely repurchase again.

on 11/19/2008 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This stuff is wonderful! I occasionally wear MUFE HD liquid foundation and felt like my usual cleanser (MD Forte Replenish Hydrating Cleanser) wasn't getting it all off....esp since it stained my 187 brush! I tried this based on the great reviews and am very pleased. I use this on my dry face to remove the foundation, rinse, then follow up with my regular cleanser and my face feels completely clean yet comfortable, not tight or dry. There are very few cleansers that don't irritate my very sensitive skin with rosacea and this is one of them. I hope they never discontinue this! Ingredients are very simple: ethylhexyl palmitate, safflower seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, polyethylene, peg-5 glyceryl triisostearate, purified water, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol Edit 6/19/09: I've found that if I use this for more than a few days in a row and don't use the MD Forte Cleanser after it my face does get dry and slightly irritated.

on 11/9/2008 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really really like this. Have been using it for a few weeks. Prior I had been using a gentle gel cleanser to remove my makeup and sometimes it wouldn't all come off and I had to wash again. With this, no way, it all comes off. Plus its not drying at all and there's no oily residue. I like it very much and will continue to repurchase.

on 11/3/2008 4:33:00 PM

I bought this yesterday, and so far I am sold! It's a lightweight balm that instantly turns into a fluid oil when you rub it into your skin. It takes off every last bit of my makeup, even my veryvery hard to remove waterproof mascara! After rinsing, my face felt clean and moisturized.There is no need for cotton balls when using this, therefore minimal tugging and pulling, which ultimately leads to fewer lashes falling out. The only getback to this is that if I get some in my eyesmy vision can get cloudy. I's not like it hurts, though. It's just a bit uncomfortable to be walking around without being able to see things clearly. $27 USD might seem like an absurd amount of money to pay for a makeup remover, but this is totally worth it. It removes stubborn make up like no other and the jar LASTS. I barely skimmed the top the first time I used this and it took off every trace of dirt and makeup. Because the jar isn't very hygenic, I use a scooper I got from Sephora to scoop the product out. This is truely the best makeup remover I have tried and I will continue to buy it, especially when Clinique gives away their bonuses.

EDIT 11/14/2008: My skin has become clearer and less oily since using this. I really think this helps clear out my pores. After rinsing my face is not oily at all, but rather moisturized. I love this stuff!

EDIT 11/24/2008: I've noticed that I have to go back over my eyes after rinsing my face. Though subtle, there is still some left over mascara that it didn't get the first time. I apply two coats of waterproof mascara, a little bit of eyeliner, my Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and some eyeshadow. I think it's the waterproof that's messing things up.. but don't get me wrong! Every flake of mascara is gone after using this balm twice. I really don't mind doing things twice when it comes to keeping my eyes healthy, but I'm worried about how much more product I'm using... oh well. Still HG :D

on 10/27/2008 2:09:00 PM

Clinique TTDO Balm, where have you been all my life?...
In order to properly remove my waterproof sunscreen (and makeup), i started using Dermalogica Pre-cleanse (before my usual cleanser). i liked it, but i hated the packaging - No pump made it a bit messy. Then I switched to MAC Oil Cleanse; had the pump and also worked very well - however, i started to lose a few eye lashes. The only thing that changed in my routine was the oil (and my eye lash curler was clean with a new pad). So i decided to switch again. I had heard good things about TTDO Balm on the skin board. The packaging is nice: no mess, and i can travel with it. The feel of the balm is smooth and not greasy. Performance: perfect. It takes everything off, quickly - except my eye lashes; actually they have grown back now. You don't need a lot to take off a full face of makeup and sunscreen. I usually take a nickel size amount for my entire face, then take just a bit more to rub over closed eyes. Waterproof mascara comes off with no problem or excessive rubbing. The balm rinses off completely, and my skin feeling clean and soft. I am so happy to have finally tried this and will stick with it. It can be used as a cleanser entirely on it's own if you prefer (which is especially good for dry skin) - or as I do, I use my 'regular' cleanser afterwords. I will repurchase.
UPDATE: Still using this. I now only use this - no additional cleanser after. I started using Retin A Micro and as a result, my skin is more dry and sensitive - so this is all i need for cleansing. love it, just melts everyhting (makeup, dirt, oil) off - leaves skin super clean and soft.

i just bought this product yesterday and i am absolutely amazed by the result. it takes every trace of gunk off your face and doesn't leave any oily residue, and it doesn't dry your skin! while some might say that having to use your fingers every time you use this product is unsanitary, i find it kind of fun. plus think of all the lip balms that you buy that also requires you to use your fingers! so i don't think it's a huge deal. although it's a tad pricey for a cleanser, i must say the quality and the quantity both more than made up for the price! plus, you don't need to wash your face after using this, all you need is rub this product on your face thoroughly, wipe it off with a cotton pad, then rinse your face with warm water and you're set! it's fantastic!

Love my TTDO Cleansing
Balm! Works fantastic to remove all my face & eye makeup (and that includes waterproof cosmetics). It may feel greasy but that will go away as soon as you rinse! - use this with my acne-prone skin and it DOES NOT cause breakouts!

P.S. Don't you just love the container?

P.P.S. I use a Sephora tester scoop to scoop this product out instead of my fingers.

on 10/12/2008 7:53:00 PM

I really like this stuff. It takes heavy duty mascara off really easily, also it is helping keep my skin clear when I wear waterproof sunscreen.
Very effective!!
I follow it with neutrogena extra gentle cleanser.

Edit: I am trialling it on its own with no follow up cleanser. I think it's doing a nice job so far. My skin feels nice and clean but not over tight. I figure since the ingredients are not that different from another cleanser there's not much difference if this leaves a tiny trace as if a second one does.