Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

i just bought this product yesterday and i am absolutely amazed by the result. it takes every trace of gunk off your face and doesn't leave any oily residue, and it doesn't dry your skin! while some might say that having to use your fingers every time you use this product is unsanitary, i find it kind of fun. plus think of all the lip balms that you buy that also requires you to use your fingers! so i don't think it's a huge deal. although it's a tad pricey for a cleanser, i must say the quality and the quantity both more than made up for the price! plus, you don't need to wash your face after using this, all you need is rub this product on your face thoroughly, wipe it off with a cotton pad, then rinse your face with warm water and you're set! it's fantastic!

Love my TTDO Cleansing
Balm! Works fantastic to remove all my face & eye makeup (and that includes waterproof cosmetics). It may feel greasy but that will go away as soon as you rinse! - use this with my acne-prone skin and it DOES NOT cause breakouts!

P.S. Don't you just love the container?

P.P.S. I use a Sephora tester scoop to scoop this product out instead of my fingers.

on 10/12/2008 7:53:00 PM

I really like this stuff. It takes heavy duty mascara off really easily, also it is helping keep my skin clear when I wear waterproof sunscreen.
Very effective!!
I follow it with neutrogena extra gentle cleanser.

Edit: I am trialling it on its own with no follow up cleanser. I think it's doing a nice job so far. My skin feels nice and clean but not over tight. I figure since the ingredients are not that different from another cleanser there's not much difference if this leaves a tiny trace as if a second one does.

on 10/6/2008 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i love this stuff but the woman told me a few months ago that it was being discontinued!! (just FYI in case you want to stock up!)

on 10/1/2008 11:40:00 PM

HG makeup remover. Not only does it work really well, I think it's very unique and interesting...makes me want to take my makeup off. No residue, no dryness, no tightness, just clean. Wonderfull to have something like this in my bathroom. And if the price scares you a little...the stuff lasts forever and a day. Sheer brilliance on Cliniques part (and that doesn't happen very often, I'll admit).

on 9/30/2008 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The perfect make up remover.Absolutely perfect!removes make up perfect and easy without irritating the skin.I remove my eye make up too with this and I m SUPER pleased!Removes perfect and the water proof/resistant products.Leaves skin super clean and fresh without any oily residues.Doesn't irritate the skin neither.I can't thing even one negative thing to say about this product as a make up remover.The only thing that I dislike is the packaging.I have to put my fingers in the entire product and I don't like that

on 9/25/2008 1:07:00 PM

Oh my stars, this is far and away the best makeup remover I have ever used. Takes off ANY eye makeup and facial makeup so easily and rinses completely clean (how do they do that with an oil?). I don't even think you have to use another cleanser afterwards although I do just in case since I am breakout prone. But it really does rinse everything away so you may not need to. It even gets my Shiseido SPF 55 cream completely off. This stuff RULES.

on 9/24/2008 12:31:00 AM

I left this sitting in my bathroom forever without using it!! About a month ago I decided to give it a try... shoulda sooner *kicks myself* DANG, this is good stuff. The reviews are correct. This. Stuff. Rocks. You don't really need a lot to remove a whole face full of makeup! I usually end up scooping out too much. It spreads very easily and isn't heavy or greasy (eh, maybe a TAD greasy, but nothing to complain about really!) I suposse the packaging is a bit "unhygenic" but don't worry... just wash your hands before scooping or use a spoon to scoop it out or somethin'. All problems are solved with a bit of brain usage ;D I don't use this every single day, but it is a great product. This balm and Clinique's Instant Pore Minimizer Perfector stuff are Clinique's BEST products (well, I'm not a huge Clinique junkie, but they are great!!) Anyway, after I use this I do quickly wash with a cleanser because I like to feel realllly clean :D 5 lippies fo sho'

on 9/21/2008 8:09:00 PM

I loved this product, it removed all my make up even waterproof mascara. It goes on smooth no harsh rubbing needed and wipes away very easily. I didnt like the tub as far as hygeine goes, i didnt like putting my hands in it over and over again but i didnt break out from it and it didnt harm my eyes at all. most eye make up removers make them sting for atleast 30 mins after rinsing it off. I

on 9/19/2008 2:58:00 PM

I, like so many others out there, also love this cleansing balm and would have never tried it had it not been for good reviews here. My skin is oily and acne-prone so I would have thought this would be one of the worst things I could use to clean my face. But, I wear sunscreen and longwearing foundation and I wanted to make sure my skin is clean. I only need a little of this, applied to a dry face, to remove all the "yuck" from the day. I follow up with Clinique liquid facial soap and find there is no residue on my cotton pad after I use my toner. Will repurchase.