November 22, 2014 | 937 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by iamflora

I like it. I only use sunscreen and powder foundation and it does a good job to take them off without making my skin dry or developing breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by sumirekiss

I love this makeup remover! It's strong enough to take sunscreen off my face without being drying. I wear a lot of high SPF sunscreen especially in the summer, but it always breakout my face because I have trouble washing it off at night. I haven't had any more breakouts from wearing sunscreen since I started using this product. It's seriously the best makeup remover I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by misskassy

I love this product!!! Just bought my second jar, and its not very often that I buy something twice in a row without straying and trying other products, but not this time!!!! Will be using this for the rest of my life!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ceveste

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the BEST makeup remover I have ever used. Really, it is silky upon application. It just melt on your face and melt off all dirt as well, even the most stubborn waterproof mascara. I didn't have to use a separate eye makeup remover. The texture definitely worths mentioning. I can just take a decent amount (which is just enough for the whole face) without worrying wasting too much product. Comparing to the recommended 6 pumps of Shu Uemura cleansing oil, this is well worth it. This is gonna be my staple makeup remover. The result? Squeaky clean but still, moisturised.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by chappiette

I have not been good about writing reviews, but have vowed to try whenever something really rocks my world in a great way or completely does not. Well, this ROCKS my world. I have tried a billion cleansers, make-up removers, cleansing oils, etc. etc., and have found many that I like, but never have I found a one-step cleanser which is what I always longed for. That is, until now. This balm is incredible. Feels thick and oily at first, but once applied it completely takes off all my makeup including waterproof mascara which I need to wear, and rinses off clean. I truly do not need a second cleanser like I always felt I needed with an oil cleanser. Update- I have to lower to a 4 as I found over time it was not quite as effective as I thought. I noticed that I did need a second cleanser, though this is still a very good product. If you do not wear any type of waterproof makeup, I bet it would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by krissy00417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

great product, and lasts forever. gentle and effective, takes everything off from waterproof eyeliner to heavy foundation to sunblock. i take my clean fingers and swipe some of the product onto my fingers, dab a dot on each cheek, foreahead, and nose. i rub it all over my face, rinse it off, and then follow with my clinique facial soap in mild. even on days i dont follow with my facial soap, the cleansing balm rinses of cleanly, and leaves my face comfortable and not dry. great product, you should go get it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

***UPDATE***

Although I still like the stuff and recommend it, it's just not on par with my budget right now. It goes really fast. I find that I finish one jar rather fast. It was getting expensive after while. And it's a bit messy, too.

***

Wow! Remarkable! I use some pretty heavy makeup daily and this stuff just 'whisks' it away as if was never there...

I was using FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil (in addition to numerous other cleansing oils from Japan) and, although it was good, it left my skin a bit on the drier side. The oil itself was gooey and just felt weird... Furthermore, it didn't last very long and was quite expensive ($21), especially considering that it's only available thru mail order with $5 s/h.

Well, thanks to reviews here on MA, I decided to give this remover a whirl and thank goodness I did! It performs just like a cleansing oil but without the sticky, greasy texture. It smoothes and spreads well on the face, it deep cleans, and it removes virtually EVERYTHING (water-proof foundation, mascara, eyeliner, primer, skin-bonding sunscreens, you name it!), and thanks to it's water-soluble abilities, it's clean-rinsing! AND, it doesn't cause breakouts, excessive dryness, or any irritation as of yet (and I've been using it everyday for a week).

What a miracle product!! I PRAY that it doesn't give me any difficulties in the future! Kinda pricey, but it's worth it if your a makeup fanatic like myself and want your face completely clean at the end of the day. Oh yeah, I follow this with a light cleanser, just to be sure that *everything* is gone.

For now, I'm giving this baby "*****" but if it disappoints me later on, I'll update and be sure to tell!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Shannon72781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this product for about 2 weeks now. I have very dry skin and wear Sheseido 55+ SS every day. I really needed a cleanser that was non-drying and would still be able to get off SS and eye m/u. Well, this does it! I'm really happy to notice that my makeup comes off very easily and after cleansing, my face is neither dry or tight feeling. I won't say it washed off 100% clean, because I still feel a slight residue, but not in a bad way. More like a moisturizing way.
I would buy this again- I just wish it was a little cheaper. I'll see how long it lasts me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LilyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brilliant, gorgeous, amazing, fantabulous. Best cleanser ever, in my humble opinion. This solid balm melts in your hands, takes off makeup with ease when used on dry skin, yet rinses clean away. Who would have thought?!
Leave my normal skin nicely soft and doesn't give the tight feeling stronger cleansers can leave behind.
I'm picking up my second jar today.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by laura1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I waited almost a year to review this product because I wanted to make sure I was certain how it performed on my skin. This is because I purchased TTDO balm at the same time I was experimenting with new sunscreens. I had a few cycles of breakouts and reactions, so I needed to find out who the culprit was: the sunscreen or how I was removing the sunscreen. Turns out it wasn't TTDO balm, bad for my sunscreen search, but good for my cleansing oil search ;-)

I have sensitive skin that's very reactive and easily prone to breakouts, so I was excited to try TTDO balm after reading all the raves for it on the MUA skin care board. I had previously tried Lumene's cleansing oil, but the cyclopentasiloxane in it caused me to break out. Thankfully though my skin loves TTDO balm! It has a very smooth, creamy texture so it glides over my skin effortlessly. I massage it in a little bit between my fingers, apply gently to my face, then wipe it off with a cotton pad. It easily removes my stubborn Revlon Colorstay foundation, but it does make my eyes a little blurry when removing my eye makeup. I rinse it off with water, then follow up with my normal cleanser. This routine has been working very well for me, so I will definitely repurchase TTDO balm when I run out. I know the packaging isn't ideal because the tub isn't sanitary, but I guess you can't have it all ;-)

IMHO, I strongly suggest to anyone using this while also trying out sunscreens to make sure they rule out a sunscreen reaction before shelving TTDO balm.