September 18, 2014 | 2021 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I love the conditioner, however the shampoo is too drying. After shampooing my hair would feel like straw and clump together--ick. So, I will not buy the shampoo again. However, the conditioner is another story...it is very light and seems to really hydrate my hair. It also doesn't squash what little volume I have, which is a problem I've had with other conditioners. It also leaves my hair really shiny and silky feeling. I love that it can be used as a leave-in conditioner too :-) I will repurchase the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ac67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! At first I was just content with it because it left my hair feeling really dry which I didn't like. But when I combined it with the conditioner~ OMG!! It was amazing!! My hair is healthier~ Also I have REALLY thin hair which I hate cause it makes it look really flat and dead. But after using this shampoo and conditioner, it has more volume. I used to use Pantene and that made me loose so much hair but with Mane n' tail, I have no problems with that at all~ I'm not really sure about the whole promoting hair growth thing cause I don't see the difference...But overall, I'm a buyer for life~ :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

I don't want to jump the gun on this one yet, but the combination of this shampoo plus the conditioner has already made my hair appear thicker and fuller after only two days of use. I am desperately trying to grow out my hair and one of my friends said one of her friends had great success with growing out her hair with this shampoo/conditioner combo. My hair used to be very thick but I believe I have experienced some hair loss due to stress and it just not being very healthy so it is essential that I use products that will help my hair regain health. This shampoo does clean very well and keeps my usual greasy hair much cleaner than other shampoos. The shampoo itself may be drying but with the conditioner it's a real gem. It doesn't smell great but definitely doesn't smell bad. I will update in a month or two to tell if it makes my hair grow any faster lol.

EDIT: I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER SET!! My hair definitely feels thicker and it has grown longer. My friends and co-workers are definitely noticing. In fact, two girls I work with went out and bought the shampoo and conditioner for themselves. I definitely recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by mindylewis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The shampoo is very bubbley and makes my hair super clean (not to mention dry). The conditioner however makes my hair super soft and healthy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this shampoo rocks! My hair is relaxed and has highlights, plus my hair sufferred some damage after i gave birth but once i started using this stuff about 6 months ago it literally turned my hair into horse hair and my hair is naturally fine, If your hair does get brittle from this you need to use the conditioner from mane n tail which i do and there goes magic. I think this is great if you like full, bouncy locks and for the price pls, i will be restocking next to my other love redken for haircare.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this shampoo ages ago - I stopped using it though because it dried my hair and left it feeling like straw, didn't lather well at all on my thick hair, and causd a lot of product build-up. It also contains those nasty chemicals that a lot of shampoos have. I'll stick with my sulphate/paraben free shampoo from now :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ANSTAH

Loved this product. Definitely would repurchase. Makes your hair so silky smooth and the smell is not overpowering, and leaves you with a super clean feeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

my Samy moist shampoo and conditioner got discontinued, so i looked around for shampoos with a similar minimalist ingredient listing, and this one works almost as good as something i paid more than double for.

it's thick, you get a rich and creamy lather, the scent is light and non-offensive, and it's inexpensive. i paid a little over 5 bucks for 32 oz. my hair is clean, soft and manageable just from this shampoo and i can use practically any conditioner with it and get fantastic results. just like with the Samy moist shampoo.

the problem i have with this shampoo is that i always have to shampoo twice or use baking soda when i use it. it doesn't clean my hair well enough otherwise. also, my tips get really dry after a day of not shampooing--my scalp and the length of my hair are still prefectly clean and soft, but my tips are crunchy. maybe there's too much protein in this line? maybe i just need a trim? all i know is that i don't normally get this problem with other shampoos and it's nothing a little leave in conditioner on the ends can't fix anyway.

i gave this product a 4, because it's cheap and it works very well. i wish it came in a pump bottle, but for the price, it's something i can overlook. i used it in high school, loved it, became a product whore and just plain forgot about it. so i'd buy this again for its performance and nostalgia.

UPDATE 7/16/11: i've updated my rating to a 5. this shampoo along with the conditioner are very good if you're looking for a cone-free protein treatment for your hair. the dry ends i was getting was from too much protein. i've since fixed my dry hair problems by using a cheap cocoa butter body creme as a deep conditioner (Queen Helene, to be exact), and this combo has worked wonders on maintaining my scalp health and hair growth (to see how i do it, please read my Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme review). i'd buy this product again. in fact, i think i'll stick to equine hair care products from now on, because my hair structure/cuticles/diameter/shaft is very similar to horse hair anyway, it seems to be much gentler on the scalp while being able to cut through grease when i'm not able to wash daily, and i'm trying to remove cones from my regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by audreyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo! This is gentle on your hair, it keeps it strong and healthy. My mom has thinning hair and this helped her significantly! I recommend it to all my friends and family!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love love love this stuff. I've been using it off and on since I was 11 and saw it in my grandmothers shower. At first I asked if she had any horses but then she explained that she used to live on a farm and had taken to using it in her hair and hadn't yet found anything better.
Well, naturally I was curious. So I made my parents run out and get me some immediately, lol. Getting to the point, like my grandmother, I have yet to find anything better and am now in my 20's. Keeps my hair soft and clean.