January 30, 2015 | 1769 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by allieswasteland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo (with the conditioner) a few months back and only used it once or twice because I didn't like it ... I don't remember why, I just didn't. So, I used it today and the second last time I washed my hair and I have to say it's growing on me. It's a creamy formula, not clear and it lathers extremely well. It rinses squeaky clean (so if this is not a feeling you like, I wouldn't recommend you purchase this particular shampoo) without being too drying. I have to say that I've only used it with the matching conditioner after wards. I find it to be a good pair.

I have to warn you of the scent - it's not bad, but it's not what you would expect from a hair product, which is reasonable considering that it's also used for the delicate and sensitive furs of animals. I didn't like it at all at first, but it's growing on me.

As far as this shampoo making your hair "grow longer, faster" which is a lot of hype surrounding this product, I don't suppose I've been using it long enough to prove this allegation false. People also claim that it makes their hair thicker, which I certainly hope it doesn't, because I have enough hair for three heads.

I gave the packaging quality a 2 because although the bottles are big and sturdy, the caps suck. I replaced them with pumps, which is how they should be sold in the first place. Also, I wouldn't buy this product again because I don't think I'll have to, the bottles are so big.

I'll be sure to update if/when anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I decided to give this shampoo a try due to the great reviews on here and I am very glad that I did. I came out of the shower with soft, manageable hair. I have highlights in my hair for the past 2 yrs so the ends are very fried but this shampoo did wonders on my hair. For reference, my hair is normal medium length that tend to get oily. I have not tried the conditioner yet but I plan to purchase that also since the shampoo worked out great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is very dry, damaged and has split ends after years of chemically straightening and dying it. I needed a shampoo that wasn't too harsh on my hair. I've been using baby shampoo for about 11 months now and wanted something different as I wasn't really happy with it - content, but not really into it. Anyway, this shampoo claims to naturally replenish lost moisture with deep hydrating botanical proteins whilst nourishing and fortifying the hair with vitamin E and pro-vitamin B5, resulting in healthy, shiny, manageable hair.

First off, I really like the packaging. I'm not into fancy bottles so this suits me perfectly. I also love the fact you get 355ML...it will last forever! The actual shampoo is blue in colour and looks pretty cool if you're bothered what the colour of your shampoo is ;) Upon aplication, it lathers well, not excessively, but good enough for me. I don't like shampoos that lather too much as they tend to dry out my scalp and hair.

Anyway, after risning, my hair feels SO clean. With the baby shampoo I sometimes felt there was still product or oil on my roots...with this, it feels nice and clean without feeling stripped. Overall I'm very happy with this and I'd definately repurchase.

INGREDIENTS: Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamide MEA , Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Glycerine , Glycol Distearate , Sodium Chloride , Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Dimethicone , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , Fragrance , Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride , Polyquaternium-7 , Tocopherol , Panthenol , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , FD&C Blue No. 1 .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG, so it IS listed on here! This is the BEST of all the shampoos and conditioners that I've ever used, and I've used TONS! This also slows down the hair loss problem I seem to be having(Meds! Can't live with em, but can't live without em!). I also use the conditioner as a leave in and my hair is SO soft! And there's nothing harsh in it. NOTHING has ever come as close to the greatness of this stuff, NOTHING! However, I do have straight fine hair and this does make my hair greasy. And the conditioner is heavy/thick. I think this may work better for permed/thicker hair? I LOVE this stuff(and the size!), but sometimes I do have to reach for Suave's clarifying shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ginger9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used in conjunction with conditioner (please see review there). Wonderful product. Little goes a long way, which means it's not watered down. Good lather, cleaned hair very well. Didn't weight down my hair with silicon (at least not too much of it). I read some reviewers didn't like the smell (or maybe it was for the conditioner) either way I didn't mind it. I like the fact that it doesn't had a lot of additive such as silicon, fragrance, water etc. Just a nice simple shampoo that does the job. I have not used this separately from the conditioner but as a combo my hair looks fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by patriciascot

I have been trying to find a suitable shampoo and conditioner for my hypothyroid, ravaged hair for YEARS! You name it, I have tried it. I had beautiful long, thick, low maintenance hair that I did not appreciate until this disease. After returning three different brands in the last several weeks I decided to look at the reviews on here for help. I clicked on shampoo...looked at the percentage of satisfied buyers + the amount of people who wrote reviews and saw that Mane and Tail had about 80 percent repeat buyers. I purchased the shampoo and conditioner two weeks ago and I am ecstatic!!! My hair has regained it's former sheen, it is looks fantastic and I am getting so many compliments. What a relief to finally see my former glorious mane!!! I could cry, seriously! I wake up in morning not to a frizzy, matted hairball but to a mane of lustrous hair. This is a God send!!! I followed the advice of users and made sure I bought the conditioner. This works....I will NEVER be without it!!!!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by allisonspalace

My mother told me she used this on her hair way back when and she completely raved about it. Well, I live on a farm and we own all sorts of animals. One day, our sheepdog Sir Jasper Peters II developed large mats on his fur so I visited tractor supply.
Why is this related to this shampoo? Mane and Tail is a multipurpose shampoo for both humans and animals.(Don't believe me? Read the back of a bottle. =D It shocked me too.) I bought it for both me and Jasper after laughing really hard. After one use on Jasper, his fur was mat free, soft, and pearly white again. Seeing this, I stole the shampoo and used it on my hair and fell in love.
Not only does it make hair super shiny, soft, and all around perfect; over time it does make your hair thicker. =D Extra plus!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok if I knew about this product awhile ago I would have save myself so much money from all those salon shampoo and conditioners. I have fine hair due to medication and this shampoo makes my hair very shiny and look fuller.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by kochou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

finally, i've found the perfect shampoo. it doesn't dry out my hair, meaning my hair doesn't feel stripped of its natural oils. i only use a dime size amount of this for my hair and it does the trick. i also like that it comes in a nice big bottle. more bang for your buck, which these days is a major plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MissLindseyTay

This is my HG shampoo and conditioner!!! It has seriously saved me! I have extremely fine, thin, hair and used to, if I didn't wash it everyday would get super oily. This has literally made my hair stronger, and have A LOT more volume [because my hair is SOOOOO flat]! I can't believe I didn't start using this sooner. I use the shampoo and then the conditioner of course, and it is absolutely wonderful! It has a pleasant smell [not super fruity or anything] and leaves my hair smelling clean and fresh all day long. It also allows me to go a day without washing my hair and not having it look so oily and gross. I know it's good to let your natural oils soak in your hair every once in a while, but not when it looks like you haven't showered in DAYS to other people, that's why I always had to wash my hair every day in the past. I just LOVE this product. I recommend to anyone, just make sure you follow with the conditioner! =)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No