July 26, 2014 | 1479 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by chicagochick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair is below shoulder length, brunette with heavy blonde highlights and deal with a sensitive scalp. I was running low on my Burt Bee's products and used this because I was in a pinch. ( I remember using this product in the 80's with no problems) Lots of suds and a nice thick conditioner. But that's where it ends. The next morning my scalp felt like it was on fire. After multiple washings ( and after restocking with my Burt Bee's) my scalp is somewhat back to normal. Great product in the 80's, but not for me now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works well as a shampoo. Does its job effectively. BUT, it is like I said about the mane n tail conditioner. This is a protein based product and too much protein can make your hair even more brittle/dry if used to excess. Good as a once a week poo to help repair and add a touch of protein, no more for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this at the beginning of this year, and I stopped after using about a third of the humungous bottle. Great price for a lot of product, but I don't know about the quality of it. After using it for a while, it started to build up in my hair and it just didn't work well as a shampoo. It also contains SLS and many other chemicals, which to me, is a red flag! It's unfortunate I didn't know about it before I bought it. Check your ingredients!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Jackiehunter212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot tell you how sick and tired I am of shampoos and conditioner sets that promise you "Frizz free, textured, volumized, sweet smelling, shiny hair" and DO NOT DELIVER ANYTHING THEY PROMISE! Please excuse my little rant over there. Now, Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner are fantastic! I have color-treated, long, straight, healthy hair to begin with, but this stuff makes my hair soooo soft and bouncy! It didn't take away any of the volume I have either!

I thought I should mention this too, my hair is randomly curly underneath, and normallly other shampoos (ever the frizz ones) make my hair super frizzy down there. This has actually enhanced the curls and gotten rid of the frizz!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK I am officially converted to this stuff. I have been using this to clean horses for years now and it never occurred to me to use it on myself. But I ran out of my usual shampoo and decided to go ahead and try it on myself. It definitely does the job. It gets my horse clean and it gets my hair clean. Seriously this is the only shampoo my horse will tolerate. He hates others. This one is gentle on his skin and the suds don't annoy him. I never was one to care about shampoo much though. Conditioner is the important one in my view. This just gets it perfectly squeaky clean (but doesn't strip your hair). I could see how the smell could annoy some people though. It smells like the hair cleaning chemicals. They don't put a lot of fragance in to mask it because horses noses are easily irritated. Also, the bottle SEEMS big, but think about it. It's for horse sized hair originally.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jmcoco

I love the Mane 'n' tail shampoo and conditioner. It is the only duo I have bought repeatedly. I've been using it off and on since I was in high school. I have color treated hair and it can get dry and brittle especially in the winter. I use this and after a few washes it's soft and shiny. I also love the fact that it doesn't strip your hair of it's natural oils so it in turn makes my hair color fade less. It's cheap so why not try it and if you don't like it, use it on your animals. It's a win/win situation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by boda55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahhhhh I love this stuff!!!! I have thick, coarse, long wavy/straight hair and I have tried EVERYTHING! When I use other shampoos, I still get compliments on my hair, but it is super dry and rough at the touch. After using this stuff for a week my hair was waaaaaaaaaaaaay softer and shinier. At first I didn't really like the smell and thought it was too strong, but now I am addicted to it. Plus people can smell it from far away, and everyone I've asked has said it smells really good and clean....and an extra bonus is that all the guys love it! My hair used to fall out a lot too before I started using this, but now it is much stronger.

Overall this is awesome shampoo, and it is cheap for a huge bottle! I only use the shampoo every other day and the conditioner once a week and still get great results! But I have to admit I don't think it is the best product for fine hair, because it can weigh down your hair easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by april4

This is the second time I have bought this shampoo. I have a love/hate relationship with it. It's such a boring shampoo, no exotic scents, doesn't do anything special to your hair BUT I rarely get split ends. I have very fine long hair and this does make my hair stronger. I'm hoping I can find another shampoo that can do the same thing though

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by candiy1028

I love this shampoo...the smell is not bad at all...it cleanse my hair very good and works good with the conditioner. It gives my hair a lot of volume and it looks like i have a lot of hair too. When i use this and the conditioner my hair works so well with me when I style it i love this!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by paperdove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only used the shampoo and it didn't do much for my thin, dry, fine-ish hair. I bought this because I have flat and thin hair and I heard it makes it thicker but I didn't notice a difference. It just seemed like an average shampoo to me--cleans but doesn't make your hair especially nice or improved.