Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 10/3/2010 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i got the misturizing shampoo and conditioner a few weeks ago.
I have only used it 3 times because i only wash my hair once or twice a week.

so far it made my hair shiny, thicker, smoother, and STOPPED BREAKAGE.idk how, but i only get 5-10 strands wen combing out my hair wen its wet.

i love this stuff. smells ok, hard to lather, no residue, easy to rinse out

on 9/29/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm pretty sure this shampoo helps my hair grow. Its good, it makes it thick and shiny but the consistency isquite thin which I have to lather up a ton of the product in my hair. However, its still works on my hair!Loveit.

After just one use, yesterday, my hair is soft, shiny, and it I'd have a lot of volume and I never have volume in my hair and it was nice :) lol. But my scalp felt a bit dry but a good dry cause it cleaned my scalp good so I guess my hair will be cleaner. Also one lippie down because it made my hair super frizzy when it was wet hch never happened to me but maybe I needed to use the conditioner so yeah I have thencondiioner but I tried a deep conditioner by Aussie but next time I'll try the conditioner with it. :) but good product made an improvement win my hair, definetly! :D I bought it for 7.49 at cvs which was cheap for me. And it's a huge bottle like tresemme 32 oz I believe. :)

Many say this shampoo has a "clean" or "soap" smell to it, oddly enough I find the scent of this shampoo repulsive. I must have an ultra sensitive nose or something, so if you do as well, I wouldn't recommend this garbage- I mean, shampoo. It left my hair feeling gritty and full of product. Definitely not good as a clarifying shampoo in any way, I think the added "fullness" some experience is the lack of cleansing this shampoo exhibits, adding volume because the product is never stripped of the hair. My hair doesn't feel clean, shiny or smooth after using this shampoo, I'm sorely disappointed. $4 for a shampoo isn't bad though, so I'm not entirely upset that I gave it a go.

on 8/11/2010 12:57:00 PM

This stuff saved my life after a horrible stint with Pantene Pro-V which made my hair fall out like mad. The shampoo and conditioner is the only one that thickens my hair, my hair feels so much healthier after more than 6 months of use. Plus it smells so good!

on 8/6/2010 8:48:00 PM

I bought this product out of curiosity. I recently cut my hair really short and wanted to grow it out. I heard that this shampoo helps to make your hair grow faster? And it did not work for me at all. And it made my hair really dry. (It's a lot better used with the conditioner though -- the conditioner I love! lol) Also I did not care for the weird smell either~

on 7/9/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love what this shampoo and conditioner has done for my hair. The shampoo by itself is kinda drying, but once you use the conditioner you can your hair is amazingly soft. I didnt notice the shine until after i straightened my hair, but it looked so healthy and shiny after I finished styling it. Alot of people complain about the smell of the shampoo, but it doesnt smell bad to me, but it doesnt have this breath taking smell either. It kinda smells like a soap. I got both products at walmart for 6 dollars. I will definatley continue using this product.

on 7/3/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this shampoo! I am not really picky with my shampoos and conditioners, because my hair is straight and not really frizzy or anything hard to manage.

PROS:
It makes my hair shiney and soft.
cheap
huge bottle- less waste
smells so good!

CONS/;
bad packaging ( the cap leaked)

on 6/30/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I thought I was really in love with this product
It made my hair shiny and smooth but it did not make my hair healthy
I had a lot of split ends, and this did nothing to fix them
It gave a waxy feel and didn't detangle my hair
I thought I really loved it, when I saw the "hair-growing" results
Now this only happens after you cut your hair, you will see a slight growth in your hair
It is ok smelling but there is some ingredient in here that seems to break out my skin
I used to use this a lot last year and I got more pimples than usual on my forehead
For a month I went on vacation, I didn't use this and suddenly all my acne went away
2 months after I came back I continued using this and the pimples appeared again
I didn't change my skin care routine at all and somehow I feel it's linked with this product
This product left my hair feeling oily and flat after just washing my hair one day prior
It also have me some build-up

I won't be using this again, I will not risk my skin or my hair anymore, sorry mane n' tail I really thought I loved you.
I was even so naive as to buy the litre size bottles of each when it was my first time trying it...

on 6/23/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I used both the shampoo and the conditioner so I'm writing the same review for both, since I can't isolate whether one was more problematic than the other. This did NOTHING for my hair. Actually I shouldn't say that--it left my hair both greasy and dry in a cloud of frizz. It felt fine washing with it, and afterwards too--but once my hair dried naturally it was unpleasant. I would not use either again. I've always heard such great things about this cult product--to each her own I guess!