October 22, 2014 | 1336 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by truslow

This stuff is AMAZING. I used to get split ends ALL the time, I used to cut them with hair cutting scissors every single day. But since I've been using this shampoo and conditioner, I have not had one split end! I'm working on growing my hair out, and I'm almost positive this stuff will work because of how well it holds hair together. It has keratin in it, which is hair protein. It is not a magical hair growth product, but it will make your hair so much stronger.

the only thing I don't like about this is the bottle. it works fine and everything, but its so ugly! ahh I think its sooo ugly, i wish it were prettier

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by iiezzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i cannot believe i did not write a review on this shampoo. unlike the conditioner to Mane and Tail, i have not tried this shampoo alone. The shampoo and the conditioner go hand in hand; the conditioner alone itself does not work as well without this miracle product!
i'm not sure which is doing all the wonderful things to my hair (i.e made it grow faster, stronger, and thicker.. not even lying..or adding more frosting to the cake. i'm going to write a review on the conditioner) not to mention the price is amazing!
the shampoo cleans soooo well. i always had trouble with shampoos-- i always felt that most shampoos did not clean my hair as well because i still smelled the sweat--no matter how much i clean my scalp (and i do clean my hair thoroughly)
like i said i tried the conditioner with a different shampoo, but it doesn't work as well as this combination. this stuff is peanut butter and jelly. i love my hair! and so does everyone else! LOL~! i'm not joking, try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by michelle005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I'd seen it on drugstore shelves for yeeeaaars and always wondered about it. Finally, during a random beauty products spree, I picked me up some at Walgreens and I've been using it for a few weeks now. It's thick and lathers up really well and makes my hair so shiny and clean feeling. I really like the smell. It's light and fresh and clean and I like how it doesn't mask my perfume. I've only used it with the conditioner (I always use conditioner), so I'm not sure how it does on it's own, but it doesn't make my hair super squeaky or dry feeling when I rinse it out, it just feels nice. You can't go wrong with the price either, considering how much you get in the bottle. I've recommended my "horse shampoo" to all my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by batyah

I love this shampoo! It must be used with the cond also though. It made my dry, damaged, hair really shiny and I have never had my hair feel sooooo clean!

EDIT* Still good, but lost some of the WOW factor as I kept using it. I eventually gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Karen0425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great shampoo....wish I had tried earlier, have heard of it for years...just never did buy it...happen to see it at a dollar store and said what the heck...I have processed hair...and it has made my hair fuller and it is more manageable....LOVE

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't even use this stuff on my horses anymore! It sucked the color out of my hair, made it feel straw-like and somewhat greasy. It made my horse's manes and tails very hard to deal with and dust stuck to them like mad. Yecch!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I love the conditioner, however the shampoo is too drying. After shampooing my hair would feel like straw and clump together--ick. So, I will not buy the shampoo again. However, the conditioner is another story...it is very light and seems to really hydrate my hair. It also doesn't squash what little volume I have, which is a problem I've had with other conditioners. It also leaves my hair really shiny and silky feeling. I love that it can be used as a leave-in conditioner too :-) I will repurchase the conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ac67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! At first I was just content with it because it left my hair feeling really dry which I didn't like. But when I combined it with the conditioner~ OMG!! It was amazing!! My hair is healthier~ Also I have REALLY thin hair which I hate cause it makes it look really flat and dead. But after using this shampoo and conditioner, it has more volume. I used to use Pantene and that made me loose so much hair but with Mane n' tail, I have no problems with that at all~ I'm not really sure about the whole promoting hair growth thing cause I don't see the difference...But overall, I'm a buyer for life~ :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

I don't want to jump the gun on this one yet, but the combination of this shampoo plus the conditioner has already made my hair appear thicker and fuller after only two days of use. I am desperately trying to grow out my hair and one of my friends said one of her friends had great success with growing out her hair with this shampoo/conditioner combo. My hair used to be very thick but I believe I have experienced some hair loss due to stress and it just not being very healthy so it is essential that I use products that will help my hair regain health. This shampoo does clean very well and keeps my usual greasy hair much cleaner than other shampoos. The shampoo itself may be drying but with the conditioner it's a real gem. It doesn't smell great but definitely doesn't smell bad. I will update in a month or two to tell if it makes my hair grow any faster lol.

EDIT: I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER SET!! My hair definitely feels thicker and it has grown longer. My friends and co-workers are definitely noticing. In fact, two girls I work with went out and bought the shampoo and conditioner for themselves. I definitely recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by mindylewis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The shampoo is very bubbley and makes my hair super clean (not to mention dry). The conditioner however makes my hair super soft and healthy!