Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 2/28/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

WARNING!!!
For me, this DESTROYED my hair!...it made it so dry that my originally sleek think shiny hair became like...a squiggly line on a peice of paper. I can feel the twists and rough breakage when I run my hands through my hair and I've developed a bad habit of pulling hair out because it just destroyed my hair....considering shaving my head and wearing wigs...

on 2/16/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the better one out of the two (conditioner vs. shampoo). It definitely cleans and conditions your hair, but then when I put the conditioner on the silkiness goes away. I wish it came in a smaller bottle, its kind of bulky in the shower. This definitely gives your a hair a bunch of volume, if that's what your looking for, but that is not on my top priority. Mane 'n Tail beats Pantene by far, too, but I'm switching to something else after the rest of the bottle is used. ^_^

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is an okay shampoo. It doesn't strip my hair and leave it feeling stringy. I feel like I have to use a lot of it to get it to lather, though. I would not use this shampoo alone. I definitely need a conditioner. I also find that I need to wash my hair every day, as my scalp is greasy by day 2.

I probably won't buy again, as I am always trying out new shampoos and this was nothing special imo.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I had such high hopes for this product and used it for three weeks before chucking it into the trash.

I have medium-thick hair that falls a bit past my shoulders and was hoping this shampoo would just provide a bit of moisture, not anything miraculous.

It caused me to break out along my hairline (I NEVER break out) and it dried out my ends so badly yet left my scalp feeling heavy with build-up.

My usual ultra-moisturizing conditioner could not save my hair from how stringy and tangled it felt after I shampooed.

Sure it was dirt cheap, the smell was very faint and didn't bother me. I assume the scent was so light because heavy perfumes cannot be good for an animal's coat.

It was a great value but for what it did to my hair, I would NEVER buy this again.

on 2/6/2010 8:00:00 AM

I was skeptical at first due to the fact it says horse shampoo and it has a picture of a horse on it, and also the fact that it's located in the pet section. When I bought the product the cashier looked at me like I was crazy or if I had a horse or something, but it's all good now since I really LOVE this product. It washes out all the product at put in my hair, and leave it squeaky clean. Also it's really cheap for a big bottle, and on top of that I use it on my dog since he had shedding problem and now he doesn't anymore .. I don't know if it makes your hair grow any faster, but I must say I will keep using this product and stop wasting my time and money to buy high end products!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

It's ok but just a shampoo to me. Nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This gets my hair clean, and it is a bit drying, but using the conditioner afterward solves that. My hair never gets greasy when I use this. It doesn't have a bad scent, although it's not great either. The bottles are also kind of inconvenient, but I can live with that considering how much product comes in each bottle!

This is a great shampoo for me, because usually other shampoos don't help my hair from getting greasy, or they're too drying. This, however, is the perfect basic shampoo - it gets the job done, unlike other shampoos that look pretty in the bottle and smell heavenly, but do nothing for my hair!

My hair also feels stronger, and I can only attribute that to using this and conditioner, because they're the only products I use in my hair any more (besides my epsom salt styling spray.)

on 1/26/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

edit - took off 2 lippies. caused major fallout =(

I just used this in conjunction with the conditioner and so far so good! I do not detect any foul scent, if any scent at all from this. I have really flat Asian hair that's just... there. I was on the search for a shampoo that would give me body and volume. I've tried dozens on the market but had no success. After reading the reviews here I decided to go for it since it is intended for "manes."

I really love the lather of this first off. I couldn't really tell if it was doing work for my hair until the conditioner came. It made my hair super silky as it was being rinsed and gave my hair a squeaky clean finish which I love. It also made my hair more vibrant in color which was a surprise. So far I am pleased with the results. My hair looks so healthy, clean and full of life!

The only con I have with this is the packaging. The product label is so obvious and slightly embarrassing since I live with 3 other girls. Also for the big bottle that it is I wish it had a pump for it. It would make a lot more sense.

Other than that, I will keep using this and update if I see any noticeable volume. Thanks ladies!

on 1/23/2010 12:52:00 PM

i got this because a co-worker who used to be a hairdresser actually recommended it to another girl, so i figured, eh, what the hell. (thought they'd be cheaper) but i got two giant liter bottles for 6.99 each. (sham. and cond.). now ... im a shampoo junkie, and ive been trying to "resurrect" my hair ever since i destroyed it with dye jobs. so i know my shampoos, and i know ingredients. there is nothing in the shampoo ingredient list for mane n tail that would indicate any benefits. for one, the list is about 7 ingredients long, the first being SLS. so ... not a shocker. the only ingredients that could maybe do something is the protien in it? the conditioner on the other hand might be beneficial. it has olive oil and coconut oil i think, and protien. but i cant see a difference between this and using fructis triple nutrition, which has avocado oil as well as the other two oils. and washing my hair with it today didnt produce any different results from kerastase, garnier, pantene, B&B, organic biotin shampoo, healthy sexy hair, etc etc. there is no perfect shampoo. ingredients pretty much dont matter either, for me anyway. my hair behaves the same.

on 1/21/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So far, this is the best shampoo I've ever tried. I haven't really tried higher-end shampoos - so this is compared to drugstore ones. This shampoo cleans my hair, adds volume, and leaves my hair super soft. My favorite thing about this shampoo is that it washes out super quickly! It leaves no residue and you don't have to stand there forever trying to get it all out. The conditioner is pretty good too :)