Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 8/6/2010 8:48:00 PM

I bought this product out of curiosity. I recently cut my hair really short and wanted to grow it out. I heard that this shampoo helps to make your hair grow faster? And it did not work for me at all. And it made my hair really dry. (It's a lot better used with the conditioner though -- the conditioner I love! lol) Also I did not care for the weird smell either~

on 7/9/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love what this shampoo and conditioner has done for my hair. The shampoo by itself is kinda drying, but once you use the conditioner you can your hair is amazingly soft. I didnt notice the shine until after i straightened my hair, but it looked so healthy and shiny after I finished styling it. Alot of people complain about the smell of the shampoo, but it doesnt smell bad to me, but it doesnt have this breath taking smell either. It kinda smells like a soap. I got both products at walmart for 6 dollars. I will definatley continue using this product.

on 7/3/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this shampoo! I am not really picky with my shampoos and conditioners, because my hair is straight and not really frizzy or anything hard to manage.

PROS:
It makes my hair shiney and soft.
cheap
huge bottle- less waste
smells so good!

CONS/;
bad packaging ( the cap leaked)

on 6/30/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I thought I was really in love with this product
It made my hair shiny and smooth but it did not make my hair healthy
I had a lot of split ends, and this did nothing to fix them
It gave a waxy feel and didn't detangle my hair
I thought I really loved it, when I saw the "hair-growing" results
Now this only happens after you cut your hair, you will see a slight growth in your hair
It is ok smelling but there is some ingredient in here that seems to break out my skin
I used to use this a lot last year and I got more pimples than usual on my forehead
For a month I went on vacation, I didn't use this and suddenly all my acne went away
2 months after I came back I continued using this and the pimples appeared again
I didn't change my skin care routine at all and somehow I feel it's linked with this product
This product left my hair feeling oily and flat after just washing my hair one day prior
It also have me some build-up

I won't be using this again, I will not risk my skin or my hair anymore, sorry mane n' tail I really thought I loved you.
I was even so naive as to buy the litre size bottles of each when it was my first time trying it...

on 6/23/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I used both the shampoo and the conditioner so I'm writing the same review for both, since I can't isolate whether one was more problematic than the other. This did NOTHING for my hair. Actually I shouldn't say that--it left my hair both greasy and dry in a cloud of frizz. It felt fine washing with it, and afterwards too--but once my hair dried naturally it was unpleasant. I would not use either again. I've always heard such great things about this cult product--to each her own I guess!

on 5/4/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This shampoo smells so nice and fresh; however, it's opaque. I noticed opaque shampoos tend to cause hair fall for me. This was no exception. I'm guessing that the glycol stearate in it builds up in my hair and my scalp freaks out. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who dislike pantene/(newer) herbal essences shampoos.

on 4/26/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm really surprised I like this shampoo and conditioner! The reviews are so varied too. Like someone else who has fine, naturally curly hair hates this, but my hair loves it!

Pros:
*Easy to find
*Inexpensive
*Comes in a HUGE bottle
*Cleans really well
*Smells nice and clean - like shampoo/soap mixed with a little bit of apple or something

Cons:
*Cleans a little *too* well if I wash with it daily(makes my scalp feel tingley O_o) - I remedy this by massaging my hair and scalp before washing with EVOO and castor oil
*The bottle is ugly and cheap looking
*Only comes in a giant jug - which kept me from trying it before because I didn't want to commit to this giant vat of shampoo

I've also read/heard the claims that this helps hair to grow faster. I don't know about that, but I did just henna my hair about 4-5 weeks ago and I easily have an inch of new roots.... Not sure if it's the shampoo & conditioner or the massaging with oil. But I'm gonna keep it up because this line also makes my ridiculously fine and curly hair soft, shiny, and defined with big chunky curls where I normally have stringy little noodles.

Will repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had really high hopes for this shampoo. I am growing my hair long, and this product got so many good reviews for people growing their hair that I had to try it, along with its conditioner. To me, it's really nothing special. My hair looks dull, and I have a TON of split ends- I hardly ever have split ends and now basically my entire head of hair has them. UGH. I also feel like this leaves some build-up on my hair. Also, I used to be able to go for around 3 days without washing my hair, and now 2 days is really a stretch. I know there's got to be a great drugstore hair care system- I just need to find it!

on 3/30/2010 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because I've been desperately trying to grow my hair out from just around my shoulders to past my bra strap for almost a year now and was told that this shampoo/conditioner would make it grow faster.

I haven't noticed any faster growth (though I didn't really expect that), but also, my hair is somehow greasy and dry at the ends at the same time. It feels like it's stripping my hair when I rinse it out, but my fine-textured hair falls flat when I blow dry it after using this shampoo and conditioner.

I'm sad that it comes in such a huge bottle - I feel bad throwing it out, but I also hate it!

on 3/2/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used this for a couple of months until one day co-workers asked me what was in my hair. Apparently, the shampoo/conditioner had caused build-up and then started flaking off (looked like dried glue, sheets of white junk) my hair and scalp. I was mortified! After having gloriously beautiful hair for the few months before this incident, I stopped using this product all together. A clarifying shampoo cleared up all the buildup in the end.