February 28, 2015 | 1836 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

This is my favorite shampoo! I don't care that it's intended for horses, I simply love it. It makes my hair feel really soft, residue free and I swear, my hair dries faster and it's thicker, healthier and has more volume.
Also, it doesn't strip my hair, sometimes I'll even go without the conditioner because my hair is now healthy and beautiful and I can live without extra conditioning. That wasn't the case before, I used to have awful dry hair that was prone to the most awful split ends.
In about 97% of the reviews of shampoo/conditioners I do, I always complain about the smell. I'm quite sensitive to it, and strong scented products will actually make me nauseous or sneeze. But this smells lovely, very light and hard to describe- not fruity or perfumey, just barely there. Basically, this is everything you'd ever want in shampoo, why use anything else?

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hmm. Not sure what the fuss is about. I didn't like this shampoo at all. I have perfectly straight, fine hair. Just didn't feel like my hair was clean after using. Tried a few times. With and without a conditioner follow-up. Price was good, but that's about it. Will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

This product was relatively cheap, about 6 euros. My hair original hair is thin, coloured and lacking in volume.
This product did seem to add a bit of volume, while taking away some of the original softness (which is a pro for me, I wanted my hair to dry up a bit because it has a tendency to stick together, as if it has too much moisture in it making it sticky or something).
It also leaves my hair grease free over the course of two/three days which is brilliant, because I wash prefer to wash it every second day. Will repurchase for this effect alone.

[edit] my hair seems to have got used to it and now gets greasy on the second day of washing. It does seem a tiny bit thicker, but it could be just me imagining things. I'm not going to repurchase now that it makes my hair so greasy, and will be looking for an SLS free shampoo instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

I've finally found my HG shampoo and conditioner and that's surprisingly mane and tail. I have very thin and fine hair and I've tried just about every product out there for thin hair, everything from salon to drugstore and this one is my favorite. Not to mention, you can't beat the price. I got mine from Walgreens drug store and it's enough to last several months. It makes my hair soft but doesn't weigh it down. It feel thicker and healthier.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tubbylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good shampoo and conditioner. I bought this back in January when I got my haircut. I bought the 1L of both conditioner and shampoo. (on sale) I used it for 1 week my hair grew half an inch! I was so surprised!?! Then I started getting a lot of build-up and greasiness so I stopped. Back in September, I began using it again everyday. It felt moisturized, shiny, healthy, and soft. It smells like lotion. I like it now and I probably will not repurchase because I still have old shampoo left to finish. Message me if you have concerns.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by interruptedx

This is the greatest shampoo! makes my hair grow like a weed & keeps it soft & frizz free! LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by allieswasteland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo (with the conditioner) a few months back and only used it once or twice because I didn't like it ... I don't remember why, I just didn't. So, I used it today and the second last time I washed my hair and I have to say it's growing on me. It's a creamy formula, not clear and it lathers extremely well. It rinses squeaky clean (so if this is not a feeling you like, I wouldn't recommend you purchase this particular shampoo) without being too drying. I have to say that I've only used it with the matching conditioner after wards. I find it to be a good pair.

I have to warn you of the scent - it's not bad, but it's not what you would expect from a hair product, which is reasonable considering that it's also used for the delicate and sensitive furs of animals. I didn't like it at all at first, but it's growing on me.

As far as this shampoo making your hair "grow longer, faster" which is a lot of hype surrounding this product, I don't suppose I've been using it long enough to prove this allegation false. People also claim that it makes their hair thicker, which I certainly hope it doesn't, because I have enough hair for three heads.

I gave the packaging quality a 2 because although the bottles are big and sturdy, the caps suck. I replaced them with pumps, which is how they should be sold in the first place. Also, I wouldn't buy this product again because I don't think I'll have to, the bottles are so big.

I'll be sure to update if/when anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I decided to give this shampoo a try due to the great reviews on here and I am very glad that I did. I came out of the shower with soft, manageable hair. I have highlights in my hair for the past 2 yrs so the ends are very fried but this shampoo did wonders on my hair. For reference, my hair is normal medium length that tend to get oily. I have not tried the conditioner yet but I plan to purchase that also since the shampoo worked out great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is very dry, damaged and has split ends after years of chemically straightening and dying it. I needed a shampoo that wasn't too harsh on my hair. I've been using baby shampoo for about 11 months now and wanted something different as I wasn't really happy with it - content, but not really into it. Anyway, this shampoo claims to naturally replenish lost moisture with deep hydrating botanical proteins whilst nourishing and fortifying the hair with vitamin E and pro-vitamin B5, resulting in healthy, shiny, manageable hair.

First off, I really like the packaging. I'm not into fancy bottles so this suits me perfectly. I also love the fact you get 355ML...it will last forever! The actual shampoo is blue in colour and looks pretty cool if you're bothered what the colour of your shampoo is ;) Upon aplication, it lathers well, not excessively, but good enough for me. I don't like shampoos that lather too much as they tend to dry out my scalp and hair.

Anyway, after risning, my hair feels SO clean. With the baby shampoo I sometimes felt there was still product or oil on my roots...with this, it feels nice and clean without feeling stripped. Overall I'm very happy with this and I'd definately repurchase.

INGREDIENTS: Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamide MEA , Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Glycerine , Glycol Distearate , Sodium Chloride , Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Dimethicone , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , Fragrance , Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride , Polyquaternium-7 , Tocopherol , Panthenol , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , FD&C Blue No. 1 .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG, so it IS listed on here! This is the BEST of all the shampoos and conditioners that I've ever used, and I've used TONS! This also slows down the hair loss problem I seem to be having(Meds! Can't live with em, but can't live without em!). I also use the conditioner as a leave in and my hair is SO soft! And there's nothing harsh in it. NOTHING has ever come as close to the greatness of this stuff, NOTHING! However, I do have straight fine hair and this does make my hair greasy. And the conditioner is heavy/thick. I think this may work better for permed/thicker hair? I LOVE this stuff(and the size!), but sometimes I do have to reach for Suave's clarifying shampoo!