January 28, 2015 | 1955 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sellery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm a little scared to use this on my face because I have heard it breaks some people out. I happened to have some around for cooking so I used it to moisturize my hair and actually wasn't too impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LOVE LOVE COCONUT OIL!! I have only been using it for a short time now but the results have been amazing! I use this on my hair about once a week and it leaves it so soft and shiny, my hair is in the best condition than it has been for years! It also helps split ends and I've definately noticed my hair is growing alot faster as well! When it's time to do my oil treatment, I apply it to dry hair and message it all over, I then put on a shower cap and leave it overnight or even for a couple of hours, then I shampoo twice and wow! My hair looks and feels amazing!
I also use this on any rough patches of skin or if a spot is drying up as it makes it heal faster and takes the flakiness away! Overall, I don't think I could do without this product now!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by dollyhorse101

I love coconut oil!! I have used it on my hair for about a year and wow! It makes your hair soft and shiny, and it helps split ends. And I'm fairly sure if you use it often enough it helps your hair grow! And I have noticed my hair has become significantly longer this year than it has ever been.

What I do when I use it is dampen my hair, then grab some coconut oil in my fingers, turning it into liquid by rubbing it through my hands, then put it aaaaall over my hair, focusing especially on the ends. Then I'll braid it, wrap it in a shower cap and sleep on it. Then I just shower it out really well the next morning! I use the Nutiva Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, and I got it at Planet Organic. Great product!! Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bostonbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Coconut oil may not be so glamorous, but it is oh so effective. I love to use it as a pre shampoo oil treatment, it really helps to keep my hair healthy. My hair is highlighted, fine, and long, and I heat style it all the time. It's not super damaged, but if I didn't take good care of it, it might be. Actually, my hair is really healthy and I attribute that to my weekly (atleast) oil treatments. I use a few different kinds, but coconut oil is the cheapest and my favorite. I leave it in for atleast 1 hour, sometimes overnight. Left in for less than an hour it's not that effective. The only downside is that it's time consuming, but perfection comes at a price. I also like to slather this on my face like a face mask, then exfoliate, and then dab some more coconut oil for extra moisture. It always leaves me with such smooth, glowy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by laurie2025

Love Nutiva coconut oil. Yes, it is a great eye makeup remover, and does a wonderful job conditioning my skin and hair, but the BEST thing for me is it gets rid of those nasty red KP bumps I have always had on the back of my arms. I mean literally, within 3 days of using this on my KP it is all almost gone. I went back to Amazon and got this on their auto-ship program, I am never going to be without this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by annieoakly

Okay so I bought the cheap version of coconut oil at my grocery store, because I was afraid that I wouldn't like it. I had tried those serums with coconut oil, but they dried out my hair so bad. So when I got the all natural coconut oil I was scared to put it on my hair. But I did and WOW this stuff really moisturized my hair and made it healthy!! Oh and I love this as my new body oil and its not greasy and sinks into my skin. But I have to use so little that the big jar is going to last forever!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by pearl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OK now THIS made a difference to my hair! It actually looks healthy and nourished; usually it looks dry and frizzy.

It did not work so well for me on my cuticles or lips, for those I prefer olive oil (& didn't like olive oil on my hair).

*** Edited: future uses of this left my hair feeling dry. :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedGirl11

Coconut oil works great on my hair, i love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by VanyaEleniel

I use coconut oil mainly as a hair mask once a week, and it makes my locks all nice and soft. It smells so delicious; my husband always takes a whiff of my hair when I have it on. I tried applying it on my face as a moisturizer, but I woke up with small, clogged bumps all over my cheeks and forehead unfortunately. For the purpose of using it as a hair treatment, it's wonderful! I purchased a tub on iHerb.com and received a 5% discount off my order when I used the coupon code EBI467 (only for first-time buyers I believe).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

I have a bottle in my kitchen, at the office, in my bathroom sink, everywhere! This oils is great, I use it on my har at night every other day and it is now so smooth, so conditioned, I love it. I also use this in my morning coffee, I add a tsp and I don't need to add sugar, it tastes so good. Also, I've tried some recipes I've found online. Great!!