Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

on 4/1/2006 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is not a genie in a bottle for fabulous lashes overnight, however with consistent use it can work wonders. I have been using this product for about a week and a half now and I have seen a dramatic improvement in my lashes. I brought this product instead of the Mavala because it was cheaper and MUA shows great reviews for it. I was having a problem with losing my lashes. whenever I rubbeb my eyes or slightly tugged my lashes to get excess nascara off, several would come out at a time. I was left with huge gaps in my lashes as a result and mascara only made the gaps more apparent. Since I have been using this I have notices my lashes are super strong. I can pull and tug and none of them pull out. My lashes are thicker now, before they were very fine and had to be seen even with a magnifying mirror. on top of that my lashes have even grown back in at a suprising rate. I am so happy with this product that I am going to stock up. Drugstore.com is the only place I can find this product. It's not in any stores in my area. Overall a great product and I highly recommend trying this before the Mavala (this product is under $4). Here's a tip: when using this product make sure to get the product at the root of the lashes as well. this can best be done by rubbing the brush on the lids or using your fingers to rub the lids.

on 2/27/2006 8:46:00 PM

Huge rave for this. The first time I tried it the liquid was tannish colored and it stung my eyes, threw it away and went with Mavala, which works pretty well. Ran out of Mavala and decided to give a new tube (that was more whitish in color than the first one) of Ardell a try, and, after 3 weeks, my lashes have grown a ton. They are actually touching my skin now (both upper and lower). Maybe the second tube was fresher? I love Ardell now.

on 2/16/2006 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Simply put, this works. I use it on both my lashes and my brows for the past 3 weeks or so...and it seems more noticable on the lashes. My lashes are falling out a lot less, and there's a bit of growth (maybe 1-2 min, nothing TOO dramatic). I hold on to my lashes better, so it looks thicker overall, and the "patchy" area in the corner of my eye where my lashes are shorter and more scarse are finally catching up. Thanks to a_for_anne to the CP! I will repurchase this forever

on 1/22/2006 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is amazing! I read the reviews here and decided to try it out because I normally would not believe that this sort of thing would work if I just saw it at the store. Anyway, it couldn't be too much of a loss with the price I got it for ($2 on clearance at CVS). It's only been half a week since I started using it, and I've already noticed a mm or 2 of growth and thicker eyelashes! Too bad it can't curl my lashes too ;) I have Asian-style straight lashes. Drawbacks I've had so far is that it feels somewhat heavy on your lashes and accidentally getting this stuff in my eye while wearing contacts. It blurred my vision and was difficult to wash it off so maybe it's best to only use it at night after contacts been taken out. UPDATE: While this can't naturally curl your lashes, using a curler after putting it on works great all day. I'm just careful now to not get any on my contacts :) Thanks to carekate for all her helpful suggestions!

on 1/13/2006 9:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was half off at CVS so I bought two.Add me to the list of raves!I haven't been using it long but it has made my lashes look long and curly. I've used Talika in the past and really can't tell a difference between the 2,just that Talika is horribly overpriced. I do take a Biotin supplement every day as well and the last time I used Talika and Biotin my lashes looked fantastic,so I am thinking I'm getting the same great results with the Ardell.
If this makes my blonde sparse eyelashes look great,then it can only be better for someone blessed with dark full lashes. Give it a try!

on 1/13/2006 9:25:00 AM

Ok, it's been three weeks and I can honestly say, this stuff WORKS! I have thin, sparse asian lashes and brows and the Lash Growth Accelerator has most definitely filled out my brows and my lashes are slowly filling in too! I find it best apply the Accelerator as directed (with the brush) and then put a little on your pinky and then rub some into the roots of your lashes. This stuff is wonderful!

on 1/8/2006 8:10:00 AM

Did more for my lashes in one month than Mavala Double Lash did in 1 year!!

I no longer use Mascara. I use this in a.m. and p.m. It makes my lashes look healthy and glossy. No caking or flaking like the Mavala.
It is so cheap, everyone should at least try it!

on 12/30/2005 10:33:00 PM

Filled in a long-time bald patch on my eyebrow--'nuf said! Why pay 7 times as much for Talika when this works great?

on 12/5/2005 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this faithfully for 2 weeks. Im not sure if my eyelashes have grown but my eyebrows have definately grown some. The end of my eyebrows were thin and bald in some spots from over plucking and after using this morning and night for 2 weeks the bald spots have grown in & my eyebrows now look "bushy". I simply brush the gel on but for the bald spots I get a little glob of product and put it directly on the spot and let it dry. Wonderful product for the money. I do not like using this as an eyelash primer because my lashes seem to stick together and get clumpy when I put mascara on after this dries but my lashes are softer now. I will add at first I could smell the lemonish scent but after using it for 2 weeks I dont even notice anymore. I highly recommend this even as a replacement to clear mascara (this shows up better) I will be repurchasing and updating my review later on

on 11/29/2005 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've held off reviewing the Lash Accelerator until I had used it for almost a month. But I give it high marks. I've even returned a brand-new, unused Talika Lipocils back to Sephora. I don't need it anymore. The Ardell ($3.99 at CVS) does everything and more. I use it both at night after cleansing and in the morning as an eyelash primer prior to mascara. Unfortunately, my lashes are very white blonde so I don't get to use the Ardell as a clear mascara like others though I can see that it would be excellent as just that. I think I'm going to ask Santa to pop a couple of backup tubes in my stocking. ;) INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

UPDATE (January 2007): It was brought to me attention that the 4th ingredient is teflon, a known toxic substance and I have since quit using it. I now use Castor Oil on my lashes at night and have restarted using Talika Lipocils conditoner in the AM prior to my mascara. I'm very pleased with my results. continued >>

Top Rated Lash Treatments