Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil (Argan Kernel Oil), Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Kernel Oil (Apricot Kernel Oil), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol.

on 3/7/2005 4:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a wonderful product for my hair. I was previously using the Smoothing Milk, but on a whim, picked this up at Walgreen's since I had a coupon. When I used it the 1st time, I found that it's on the liquid-y side, so do be careful when pumping the top. I have shoulder-length hair and find that 1/2 a pump is enough for me. Anyway, so I just pump a little out, rub it in my hands, and apply to the ends and underside of my hair and work my way up by running my fingers through my hair. The results? My hair instantly calms down, looks smooth, and feels soft. Also, I VERY rarely blow dry my hair and find that this product works well even if you just air dry. The only thing that keeps me from rating this a 5 is the scent. It's very strong, lasts throughout the day and has a perfumed coconut smell to it. If you like the smell of coconut, though, this would obviously be a bonus for you.For reference, I have semi-coarse, dried out, untreated/uncolored hair (I'm Asian) that tends to get "puffy" and is prone to flyaways w/o the help of some kind of styling aid. Also, I live in a hard water area.EDIT 3/19/05: Well, the scent is growing on me. It does seem to die down after 1/2 an hour and both my mom and my brother said my hair smelled nice (and they're notoriously scent-sensitive). continued >>

on 2/17/2005 5:36:00 PM

I did not like this product~ it made my hair look very greasy, and it weighed it down a ton. I would not consider buying this again!!!

on 2/16/2005 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I searched for this after so many great reviews on MUA. It weighed my fine blonde hair down and within 10 minutes made it look greasy even after making sure I only applied it on the ends. I even tried it to sleek back a ponytail and that made my hair look as if it hadnt been washed.

i really like this product. i have frizzy, wavy heavy hair that i have to flat iron every day. my hair was getting dry and damaged so i decided to try this and lay off the flat iron. i used two pumps of the serum on towel dried hair and then put my hair in a low knot until it was semi-dried. then i blow dryed it and voila! soft NON-FRIZZY hair! i really like the smell too.

on 2/2/2005 9:34:00 PM

This stuff is horrible! I bought it hoping it would smooth my hair out. It did, but it made my hair so GREASY! It also smells very bad, and turned my hair dry. I'm never buying this again.

on 2/2/2005 11:26:00 AM

Well I'll just add this to my never ending supply of frizz shine serums that don't "wow" me. It's ok, does give some shine but does nothing to help with frizz or flyaways.

on 1/31/2005 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I just tried this for the first time today nnd LOVE it. Granted, my hair sometimes gets sick of a product and it stops working, so we'll see how long the love affair lasts.

I used four or five pumps on really wet hair (I have really thick hair) and made sure to cover every last strand. Then I used Beyond the Zone's curling cream and scrunched just a tiny bit (too much can ruin everything.) Kept my hands off it while it dried and voila - soft, shiny curls.

I like the way this smells but I can see how it could annoy other people. But it's cheap so if you've got frizz issues, give it a shot.

on 1/25/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, definitely one of the best serum out there! It's really light so you don't get that "too much grease" feeling in your hair, even if you happen to accidentally pump too much in your hands! It smoothed out all my frizz and it's a great heat protectant too! Of course, and the price is right!

on 1/15/2005 2:55:00 AM

I purchased this serum after all the raves. I have many serums including biosilk, hask, redken straight, kenra etc and this one is my favorite. It is lightweight and I need two pumps. I don't get a greasy look or feel that my hair is weighed down. Has a floraly smell. It leaves my hair feeling very smooth and soft. I paid $2.50 cdn and will repurchase.

I do like the smell although I did read that others did not.

on 1/3/2005 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this stuff. First time I've found an anti-frizz that doesn't weigh my hair down and actually makes it feel healthier than it was before I started using it. I have (or had, rather) dry, frizzy, very fine curly hair, and lots of it. A few pumps of this right after I get out of the shower does the trick. Other anti-frizz serums were always too thick to spread easily over my whole head, but if I used more of it I'd feel like a greasy mess all day. This stuff is lighter weight so spreads more easily, doesn't weigh my hair down, but provides amazing anti-frizz benefits. Definitely an HG! (UPDATE 1/24: Still love this, and realized the reason it's different from most other frizz serums is that it doesn't contain silicones. Very cool!)(ANOTHER UPDATE 3/8: Realized that the alcohol in this was drying my hair out. Stopped using it and removed a couple lippies.)