Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol. Fil D46535/1.

What a nice surprise! This really is a nice product at a great price. I've used it on wet and dry hair and it hasn't left my hair greasy or funky. Does add a nice shine.

Excellent! Even if I use this without a blow dryer my hair stays straight, smooth, and sleek. Very inexpensive for the price and the packaging is very good, but I could defenitely do without the strong smell.

Not the HG I thought it would be. I have found that I like Pureology Shinemax much better than this. If I could only afford d/s products, then I would definitely get the GF, but I would save up for the Shinemax.

Horrible smell and left my hair rough, dry and hard to the touch. No, I will not but this again...in fact I returned it to the store I purchased it from. This might alright for some but on natural curly ethnic hair it sucks.

I love this stuff. It's no miracle in a bottle, but it does work. It smoothes by super frizzy, wavy, damaged hair that I blow dry and straighten every day. I would not recommend for thin hair though, as it does weigh it down, but I like that as my hair is super poofy. Gives it a good amount of shine, great price, awesome pump bottle, and the smell isn't bad (though I don't love it either).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty good drugstore buy. It adds shine and smoothness to my already straight hair but it can get heavy and feel like it's weighin my hair down if i overdo it. I hate the scent but oh well--for $4CDN i can put up with it.

Not bad, especially for the price. You have to go easy on how much you use because this product is pretty heavy, but in the right (small) quantities it kills the frizzies without weighing hair down. It is actually performing on par with more expensive salon products. For reference, I use it on my very frizzy, shoulderlength hair when it is damp. I never blow dry it straight. The result is nice smooth waves.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The hype is real on this one! I finally got this after reading all the raves, and I'm so glad I did. This is one drugstore item that works better than many highend serums that I have used. My only gripe is the bottle. It's not great for travel. I use this before flat ironing my hair, and it give great shine and takes away all frizz all day long. It makes my hair super soft, but it doesn't compromise volume. It doesn't smell that great, but hey- it works good! UPDATE: I knocked this down to 4 lippies because after trying L'oreal's Smooth Intense Anti-frizz serum - this Garnier leaves my hair feeling a tiny bit oily and makes my hair dull after using it two days in a row.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a wonderful product for my hair. I was previously using the Smoothing Milk, but on a whim, picked this up at Walgreen's since I had a coupon. When I used it the 1st time, I found that it's on the liquid-y side, so do be careful when pumping the top. I have shoulder-length hair and find that 1/2 a pump is enough for me. Anyway, so I just pump a little out, rub it in my hands, and apply to the ends and underside of my hair and work my way up by running my fingers through my hair. The results? My hair instantly calms down, looks smooth, and feels soft. Also, I VERY rarely blow dry my hair and find that this product works well even if you just air dry. The only thing that keeps me from rating this a 5 is the scent. It's very strong, lasts throughout the day and has a perfumed coconut smell to it. If you like the smell of coconut, though, this would obviously be a bonus for you.For reference, I have semi-coarse, dried out, untreated/uncolored hair (I'm Asian) that tends to get "puffy" and is prone to flyaways w/o the help of some kind of styling aid. Also, I live in a hard water area.EDIT 3/19/05: Well, the scent is growing on me. It does seem to die down after 1/2 an hour and both my mom and my brother said my hair smelled nice (and they're notoriously scent-sensitive). continued >>

I did not like this product~ it made my hair look very greasy, and it weighed it down a ton. I would not consider buying this again!!!

Popular Styling Products