Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol. Fil D46535/1.

on 3/15/2005 5:43:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's no miracle in a bottle, but it does work. It smoothes by super frizzy, wavy, damaged hair that I blow dry and straighten every day. I would not recommend for thin hair though, as it does weigh it down, but I like that as my hair is super poofy. Gives it a good amount of shine, great price, awesome pump bottle, and the smell isn't bad (though I don't love it either).

on 3/14/2005 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty good drugstore buy. It adds shine and smoothness to my already straight hair but it can get heavy and feel like it's weighin my hair down if i overdo it. I hate the scent but oh well--for $4CDN i can put up with it.

on 3/12/2005 12:03:00 PM

Not bad, especially for the price. You have to go easy on how much you use because this product is pretty heavy, but in the right (small) quantities it kills the frizzies without weighing hair down. It is actually performing on par with more expensive salon products. For reference, I use it on my very frizzy, shoulderlength hair when it is damp. I never blow dry it straight. The result is nice smooth waves.

on 3/11/2005 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The hype is real on this one! I finally got this after reading all the raves, and I'm so glad I did. This is one drugstore item that works better than many highend serums that I have used. My only gripe is the bottle. It's not great for travel. I use this before flat ironing my hair, and it give great shine and takes away all frizz all day long. It makes my hair super soft, but it doesn't compromise volume. It doesn't smell that great, but hey- it works good! UPDATE: I knocked this down to 4 lippies because after trying L'oreal's Smooth Intense Anti-frizz serum - this Garnier leaves my hair feeling a tiny bit oily and makes my hair dull after using it two days in a row.

on 3/7/2005 4:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a wonderful product for my hair. I was previously using the Smoothing Milk, but on a whim, picked this up at Walgreen's since I had a coupon. When I used it the 1st time, I found that it's on the liquid-y side, so do be careful when pumping the top. I have shoulder-length hair and find that 1/2 a pump is enough for me. Anyway, so I just pump a little out, rub it in my hands, and apply to the ends and underside of my hair and work my way up by running my fingers through my hair. The results? My hair instantly calms down, looks smooth, and feels soft. Also, I VERY rarely blow dry my hair and find that this product works well even if you just air dry. The only thing that keeps me from rating this a 5 is the scent. It's very strong, lasts throughout the day and has a perfumed coconut smell to it. If you like the smell of coconut, though, this would obviously be a bonus for you.For reference, I have semi-coarse, dried out, untreated/uncolored hair (I'm Asian) that tends to get "puffy" and is prone to flyaways w/o the help of some kind of styling aid. Also, I live in a hard water area.EDIT 3/19/05: Well, the scent is growing on me. It does seem to die down after 1/2 an hour and both my mom and my brother said my hair smelled nice (and they're notoriously scent-sensitive). continued >>

on 2/17/2005 5:36:00 PM

I did not like this product~ it made my hair look very greasy, and it weighed it down a ton. I would not consider buying this again!!!

on 2/16/2005 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I searched for this after so many great reviews on MUA. It weighed my fine blonde hair down and within 10 minutes made it look greasy even after making sure I only applied it on the ends. I even tried it to sleek back a ponytail and that made my hair look as if it hadnt been washed.

i really like this product. i have frizzy, wavy heavy hair that i have to flat iron every day. my hair was getting dry and damaged so i decided to try this and lay off the flat iron. i used two pumps of the serum on towel dried hair and then put my hair in a low knot until it was semi-dried. then i blow dryed it and voila! soft NON-FRIZZY hair! i really like the smell too.

on 2/2/2005 9:34:00 PM

This stuff is horrible! I bought it hoping it would smooth my hair out. It did, but it made my hair so GREASY! It also smells very bad, and turned my hair dry. I'm never buying this again.

on 2/2/2005 11:26:00 AM

Well I'll just add this to my never ending supply of frizz shine serums that don't "wow" me. It's ok, does give some shine but does nothing to help with frizz or flyaways.

Video Reviews & Tutorials