January 31, 2015 | 1935 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2005 5:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahc105

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like this product~ it made my hair look very greasy, and it weighed it down a ton. I would not consider buying this again!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2005 11:41:00 AM More reviews by September

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I searched for this after so many great reviews on MUA. It weighed my fine blonde hair down and within 10 minutes made it look greasy even after making sure I only applied it on the ends. I even tried it to sleek back a ponytail and that made my hair look as if it hadnt been washed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by agirlnamedagnes

i really like this product. i have frizzy, wavy heavy hair that i have to flat iron every day. my hair was getting dry and damaged so i decided to try this and lay off the flat iron. i used two pumps of the serum on towel dried hair and then put my hair in a low knot until it was semi-dried. then i blow dryed it and voila! soft NON-FRIZZY hair! i really like the smell too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by SakuraChan

This stuff is horrible! I bought it hoping it would smooth my hair out. It did, but it made my hair so GREASY! It also smells very bad, and turned my hair dry. I'm never buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by swirl

Well I'll just add this to my never ending supply of frizz shine serums that don't "wow" me. It's ok, does give some shine but does nothing to help with frizz or flyaways.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by misscolleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just tried this for the first time today nnd LOVE it. Granted, my hair sometimes gets sick of a product and it stops working, so we'll see how long the love affair lasts.

I used four or five pumps on really wet hair (I have really thick hair) and made sure to cover every last strand. Then I used Beyond the Zone's curling cream and scrunched just a tiny bit (too much can ruin everything.) Kept my hands off it while it dried and voila - soft, shiny curls.

I like the way this smells but I can see how it could annoy other people. But it's cheap so if you've got frizz issues, give it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 6:07:00 PM More reviews by snafuish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, definitely one of the best serum out there! It's really light so you don't get that "too much grease" feeling in your hair, even if you happen to accidentally pump too much in your hands! It smoothed out all my frizz and it's a great heat protectant too! Of course, and the price is right!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 2:55:00 AM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this serum after all the raves. I have many serums including biosilk, hask, redken straight, kenra etc and this one is my favorite. It is lightweight and I need two pumps. I don't get a greasy look or feel that my hair is weighed down. Has a floraly smell. It leaves my hair feeling very smooth and soft. I paid $2.50 cdn and will repurchase.

I do like the smell although I did read that others did not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2005 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeacali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. First time I've found an anti-frizz that doesn't weigh my hair down and actually makes it feel healthier than it was before I started using it. I have (or had, rather) dry, frizzy, very fine curly hair, and lots of it. A few pumps of this right after I get out of the shower does the trick. Other anti-frizz serums were always too thick to spread easily over my whole head, but if I used more of it I'd feel like a greasy mess all day. This stuff is lighter weight so spreads more easily, doesn't weigh my hair down, but provides amazing anti-frizz benefits. Definitely an HG! (UPDATE 1/24: Still love this, and realized the reason it's different from most other frizz serums is that it doesn't contain silicones. Very cool!)(ANOTHER UPDATE 3/8: Realized that the alcohol in this was drying my hair out. Stopped using it and removed a couple lippies.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2004 11:54:00 AM More reviews by RepunzeltheBlonde

OK, I've used this once and did NOT like it at all. My hair was a frizzy greaseball (not the desired results). I'll give a few more chances, but I'm not impressed. If it somehow works, I'll update. UPDATE: ok, i managed to make this stuff work. my problem was that i used it on wet hair then blow dried. This time i dried my hair first, then used one pump, rubbed it around in my hand to get it even then lightly applied to my dry hair. Wow! super shiny! Did nothing for frizz though. Also be sure to use just a little and apply evenly or you'll end up with a big grease spot.