April 21, 2014 | 1028 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2003 8:17:00 PM More reviews by chi_chi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good powder for covering up light blemishes on your skin. I found that it didn't "stay matte" for long on my face (I have oily skin) especially in the summer! I didn't necessarily have to reapply, but I did have to use blotting sheets to get rid of the excess oil. A decent powder overall if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2003 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kimiannie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is quite a decent pressed powder. It doesn't look too obvious on the face, it doesn't dry me out, and it doesn't accentuate dry flakes (unless I put it on too heavy). It doesn't, however, keep me matte for longer than a couple of hours in my T-zone, so it doesn't have the best staying power. I really DO hate pulling out the green compact, though, and would prefer a more subtle packaging. However, the Stay Neutral is a perfect match for my skin, and until I find something better, this is the one I'll be repurchasing for every-day use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2003 5:16:00 PM More reviews by vKnight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was pretty good in terms of not being flaky or forming little crusts around dry patches; however, it didn't keep my oily t-zone completely shine-free for too long. I'd say it stayed matte for about 3 to 4 hours max, and I'm not very oily. No offensive scents, didn't cause me to break out, nice (altho a little on the big side) packaging and sponge, and the price was fair. ^_^
****UPDATE****: I've been using this for almost a year now. I suppose I can add that to the list of good things about this powder -- that it lasts a looooooooong time. Of course, I only apply it in the morning and altho, like I said before, I do get oily during mid-day, I rarely retouch my makeup. The powder, in my opinion, is still fairly good. Never caused any breakouts. The colour, Stay Buff, is a tad too pink for my taste but is so sheer it doesn't create too much of a problem. I don't think I'll be purchasing this again though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2003 3:47:00 AM More reviews by crimqueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good powder--nice coverage, evens my skin out, not cakey. One of the few Clinique products that I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2002 11:27:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

This was an okay powder on me. Nothing special. This was one of the first real cosmetic item that I got as a teenager. It did keep me a little more matte than without, but the powder wasn't all that amazing as a matte powder. I'd much prefer MAC's pressed or blot powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 9:02:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Nice powder. Made shine disappear. Didn't feel heavy and went on nice. Provided a bit of coverage if used alone. Didn't have a bad smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2002 3:51:00 AM More reviews by JadeSolari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love clinique,however this stay matte powder doesnt stay matte for long!the color was great but i had to reapply so often...sometimes i had to reapply in under an hour!for those with really oily skin u should get estee lauder double matte pressed powder,it does a great job and lives up to the name!and i hate cliniques green tile packaging...LOL...not as nice as most of their products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2002 11:48:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Stay Buff, because I'm a pasty gal. (I can get tan when I want to, but well I'm lazy and I can always lie and say I'm afraid of sun damage.) Anyway, I've been really pleased with this stuff, even though I rarely use powder. This powder if very sheer, but still manages to even out my complexion. It even softens the appearance of some of my scars (although they aren't super dark or anything)! I have to say that I really hate the puff that comes with this. I usually use a brush instead. (I guess that sounds kind of weird since this isn't a loose powder, but the brush thing works for me.)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2002 9:09:00 PM More reviews by JadeDragon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very mediocre powder. It claims to "Stay Matte" but it doesn't... even if you just applied it, there still a lot of shine on your skin. "Stay" Matte doesn't last very long either. Disappointing product for the price. The only two things I liked about this was the color, it matches my skintone perfectly and the packaging is very Clinique-ish (love the sponge!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite pressed powder. It keeps my face looking matte and clean, and when I need to touch it up, it never cakes. Reasonably priced, too.