September 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 9:02:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Nice powder. Made shine disappear. Didn't feel heavy and went on nice. Provided a bit of coverage if used alone. Didn't have a bad smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2002 3:51:00 AM More reviews by JadeSolari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love clinique,however this stay matte powder doesnt stay matte for long!the color was great but i had to reapply so often...sometimes i had to reapply in under an hour!for those with really oily skin u should get estee lauder double matte pressed powder,it does a great job and lives up to the name!and i hate cliniques green tile packaging...LOL...not as nice as most of their products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2002 11:48:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Stay Buff, because I'm a pasty gal. (I can get tan when I want to, but well I'm lazy and I can always lie and say I'm afraid of sun damage.) Anyway, I've been really pleased with this stuff, even though I rarely use powder. This powder if very sheer, but still manages to even out my complexion. It even softens the appearance of some of my scars (although they aren't super dark or anything)! I have to say that I really hate the puff that comes with this. I usually use a brush instead. (I guess that sounds kind of weird since this isn't a loose powder, but the brush thing works for me.)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2002 9:09:00 PM More reviews by JadeDragon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very mediocre powder. It claims to "Stay Matte" but it doesn't... even if you just applied it, there still a lot of shine on your skin. "Stay" Matte doesn't last very long either. Disappointing product for the price. The only two things I liked about this was the color, it matches my skintone perfectly and the packaging is very Clinique-ish (love the sponge!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2002 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite pressed powder. It keeps my face looking matte and clean, and when I need to touch it up, it never cakes. Reasonably priced, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2002 7:41:00 PM More reviews by gingersype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder, for lack of a better word, sucks. It doesn't leave you "matte" and it is hardly "sheer". The colors all have a strange pinky cast to them. The packaging is still that ugly Clinique green. My Mac blot powder is a million times better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2002 6:15:00 PM More reviews by realTris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the lightest shade & had originally bought it to keep in my purse for touch ups,but I have oily skin and I find that this looks very chalky after touch-ups. It does have a thin compact though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2002 2:20:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been an avid MAC Blot user for years but I love this powder. It is sheer and really gets rid of shine for hours. I have large pores on my cheeks and this powder really makes them look smaller. Also, it is oil-free and has never caused me to break out. It is NOT heavy, streaky or cakey. It is wonderful. I will buy it again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2002 4:50:00 PM More reviews by cefrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I say I would buy this product again, I'm definitely going to try something else out first. The color I use 01 Stay Buff is great for my really fair skin and doesn't add any unwanted color, but I don't think it does as good a job at keeping the oilies away as it should. I would definitely go the counter and try this one out first and see if it works for your skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2002 3:13:00 AM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in shade: honey. I only applied this pressed powder at the end of my workday. It just doesn't matte my skin, instead, my oily skin shines 1 hour after powdering with this. I don't like it!