MAC Dollymix

4.4

on 12/27/2006 11:07:00 AM

Looks too bright in the package. but it's a GREAT color for any skintone, I think.
It's sheer, so it doesn't apply that bright.

on 12/20/2006 1:44:00 PM

I generally tend to gravitate towards blush in the peach family but decided after reading the reviews and seeing it in person at the MAC store, I had to have it. Dollymix is a candy pink, sheertone with subtle shimmer. Applied lightly with a skunk brush, it gives me a perfect rosey flush - like coming inside after a walk on a winter's day.

on 11/18/2006 8:36:00 PM

I LOVE Dollymix. Probably top ranked as my best all time purchase. I had trouble with the application when I first bought it then recently I bought a new blush brush and it made a world of difference!!! (I recommend a full size fluffier brush as opposed to a smaller one) I own NARS Orgasm and Sin and in my opinion Dollymix fairs better as an all around blush. You get great colour pay off that does not fade without a lot of visible shimmer (which I prefer). I won't get into the details as other reviews have done a great job of it already. I just wanna say it's a gorgeous blush you won't regret getting it. For reference I'm C/NC35 asian.

on 11/5/2006 7:27:00 AM

I am SO pleased with myself for buying this..!

Anyway; beautiful candy pink (meaning COOL); Sheertone Shimmer formula; need I say more? This might give other people unnatural "dolly cheeks" but on my NW15 cool skin this is just about identical to my own blushing color. I layer on lightly and pair with a sheer pink gloss for a cool and icy look. To day I dabbed on a little bit more - for a "just in from the cold" look. This is so natural I don't even feel like I am wearing it - and the shimmer part of the formula must be very subdued because it is definetely not disturbing. This is actually my first cool toned blush (I tried very hard to be warm before...) and requires a lot less effort to look naturally gorgeous! I highly recommend this to people with true cool skin! Warm toned girls might use it too, but you have to be able to pull off CLEAR and BRIGHT. Edit: I realized the color is not entirely "candy" pink; it has sort of a warm coral touch, but not enough to make it warm. Really, an intense neutral color, that could flatter many skintones depending of the intensity of the wearers' coloring. I have high contrast coloring; dark brown hair, NW15 skin and hazel eyes.

on 11/4/2006 10:17:00 PM

This looks more reddish to me than dark pink but it shows up a very flattering shade on cheeks, and the shimmers does not accentuate my pores but gives a nice glow to it. I just cant get enough of mac sheertone range, they dont look powdery at all.

on 10/12/2006 9:41:00 PM

I love Dollymix. I wasn't sure if this colour would be for me but because it's sheer it's not anywhere near as scary as it looks. I apply it with my #187 and it's the perfect pink 'pop' of colour. I find the texture to be really silky. I'm so glad I bought this blush!

on 9/30/2006 12:44:00 AM

Reference: NW15 in MAC bases with brown hair and blue green eyes. Dollymix looks BRIGHT pink in the pot, and probably scary to a lot of people who are afraid of super bright blush, and looking silly; however, Dollymix can be a very wearable shade even for the more timid. With a light hand this blush shows up as just a soft pink flush, but when layered it can get to the brightness that the pot shows. I tend to use a light hand with this blush and then put a very light layer of Petticoat MSF buffed over top for some added glow. This is a sheertone shimmer, but when applied I don't really notice any "shimmer." It gives off more of just a subtle glow all by itself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Im in love w/M.a.c's Dollymix blush.Its a mac staple that I always will use.The color looks like a bright pink,but goes on shimmery + smooth.Perfect for fair skin,although you don't need much.It creates the pefect flush!

Love this blush! I've just worked a full 9-5 day and it's still on and hasn't changed colour as far as I can notice. I applied it with the MAC skunk brush this morning and it's still there -- pretty good if you ask me! I love the colour -- a raspberry pink on my NC30 complexion. It makes me look alive and healthy. Love the sheertones -- even though it's a very very bright colour in the pan, you can see my skintone through it... it looks really nice and natural. I would definitely buy this again, but, I'm sure I'll never run out. Thumbs up from me!

on 9/13/2006 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This colour looks very striking in the pan and on the face is rather obvious too. The shimmers are reallly pretty and pink also very sweet although could look a little more natural to me. A little goes a long way here for this one!

Popular Blush Products