October 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by CrashingBoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG liquid foundation! The packaging is great as it allows you to use as little or as much as you want each time. This stuff is highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. It does NOT slide into wrinkles or creases and really just sticks to your skin in a nice way. The only beef I have with it is I wish it was a bit luminizing as I am not a big matte finish fan. Overall though, this is the best foundation I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by gglee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smooth and light feeling

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2004 9:38:00 PM More reviews by AliDawn823

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product due to the sun protection and reviews on here. While it does provide great sunscreen, it just doesn't have enough coverage for me and doesn't keep my oil under control. I'm debating mixing this with my Estee Lauder so I can get my full coverage makeup along with sunscreen but not sure how that would work. Might put this up for swap.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2004 11:52:00 PM More reviews by SweetSharon07

this is a great product for summer because of its great staying power and the SPF! one downside is that there arent very many shades. the only tone that matched me was one shade too dark, so i can only use it during summer:(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by EmilySher

Ok, so I put this on for the first time this morning, it's about 6 pm now and it still looks fresh! This is quite a feat for my oily skin, that also battled humididy and rain all day. This stuff really holds up, which means it will probably be a chore to take off tonight, but so worth it. The tradeoff for this is that it does catch on dry spots, and I have a few from using differin. This is lightweight, light to med coverage and feels comfortable. I have used high grade titanium dioxide sunscreens with no problem, but this can definently be issue for acne prone skin. I just cant get over how beautifully clean my skin looks now. I am usually mottled, oxided, and greasy by midday! I would definently recommed this wonderful foundation for oily to normal skin types!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2004 5:45:00 AM More reviews by kiewaier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is so expensive! Costs as much as Lancome! I must admit, it is one of the best products that I've used in terms of oil control. Love the high SPF. It looks a little pastey on me, because of the limited colour range and the high coverage. However, if you manage to get a good colour match, it'll look great! Does not oxidise or rub off at all. I mix it with regular sunscreen to thin it out a little, but it still lasts a good 3 to 4 hours of outdoor sports.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ibaluvlyprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I bought this today and it's amazing. I bought SP40 which is perfect for me, not too orange like many other foundations. I love that it has SPF in it and it's water resistant. This means being able to endure the 110 degree temperatures without my makeup sliding away. The coverage is medium but it's buildable which I love. Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2004 2:32:00 AM More reviews by tanya_f_00

I am really happy with this product. Coverage is light to medium (depending how heavy you apply), but a little can go a long way. I tried this for a few days without using powder and my face felt it got a bit too oily throughout the day. Started using Origins All or Nothing Translucent Loose Powder, and the two together work fabulous. No shine and consistent coverage all day. Also, this makeup has not transferred and does not sweat off. Plus, with the added SPF, you can't go wrong.
    My only complaints are that it is a little pricey at $30 and also requires you purchase their oil based face wash at approx $25 to be able to properly remove the makeup. However, the oil face remover (although it feels like smothering baby oil all over your face) washes out with absolutely no residue and feels good even on my acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2004 10:37:00 AM More reviews by TonyaW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in shade SP60 (the next to the darkest shade). Absolutely love this foundation! It provides UVA/UVB protection, is very water resistant, wears well (lasts ALL day), and provides good coverage. I like a little lighter coverage than this provides, but there are so many other things I love about it that I can overlook that. It does not go on heavy at all, and a little bit goes a long way. It's transfer resistant and contains antioxidants. I definitely plan to continue using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by k8folly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great summer foundation. Only bad thing is the limited colors. The lightest isn't light enough, and is quite orange, even after drying down. But, I've got it all worked out. I was already using the SPF 55, so now I just mix 1/2 foundation and 1/2 spf55 in it, and it is the perfect color and coverage. Love it and will use it all summer. Also find that I don't need a moisturizer under it usually, and the finish on this is divine. Don't even use a loose powder. Just need to touch up w/ Blot powder around lunch. Worth every penny!

Update 1/9/08: I haven't used this in a long time, but only because they don't make a shade match for me. I still love the product, but need 1 shade lighter. Shiseido...make on for us PPP gals!!!