October 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by angeltearsofthenight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently returned to using this foundation after 2 years of using other high end foundations. I have to say, I have tried every foundation in Sephora and in the department stores. The problem with most foundation is that they contain silicones and usually are quite rich, such as foundations from Dior and Chanel. Sure they keep the oil production at bay, but they cause me to break out like crazy. After two years of switching from various ones, I came back to this one. I have to say this is perfect for my oil, acne-prone skin during the summer. It does not cause break outs at all and is liquidy, comfortable to wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used only this for about two years. It did keep my break outs in okay shape, but it was not a miracle for them. It only lasts about four hours before it looks like you didn't bother with foundation at all, but the look is pretty at first. I would say it was my go to foundation mostly because i did not want to invest in searching for a new one and i do experience break outs with some liquid foundations. I switched to mineral and i'm now very happy. If you prefer a liquid, want some help with breakouts, and can reapply half way through the day this is a good foundation for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by 818zkinkychick

When I lost my foundation, I went to the drug store to buy this as an emergency item. So first, it seems REALLY oily on my skin. It's texture is very unique, seems like a mix of oil and water. It says oil free, but wow, 5 hours later I became a shining star. I mean it goes on oily, settles down, then becomes oily again. It covers up pretty well though, but after a few weeks I broke out like CRAZY. YUCK. It says it heals blemishes but thats the last thing it did for me. Did I mention it made the pores on my nose seems huge too? It smells pretty bad as well. I would not buy it again, I feel there are better things out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by cute_band_geek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this foundation! For being so light, it has great coverage and never looks heavy. My skin just looks smooth and natural. It has great staying power, I can touch my face without worrying about wiping my foundation off. I have super dry skin with break outs, and it is perfect, my skin is less red and inflammed but yet its not drying at all. Quite possibly my HG, will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Wonder78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I had this a long time ago, the package even changed. This is my first make up fundation ever. I was very happy I made a good choice. It's light and dont' clog your pore. I hate fundation that will go on and looks heavy on you, but this one never does that for me. The shade matched my asian skin tone well too (cann't wear pink undertone). I haven't try a lot of other fundation from drugstore brand, but this one has special place for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by youampersandme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin (very oily in the t-zone, normal to dry everywhere else) and I was shine-free for 3-4 hours -- more longevity than I've experienced with other foundations. It was a little too drying for the skin around my eyes, so I used a separate concealer. I loved the smooth texture -- it was easy to blend and looked quite natural for the amount of coverage (medium to almost full). I purchased this in Sand, which was slightly too light for my skin (Warm -- the next shade up -- was too peach). The difference in color wasn't too obvious, but noticeable enough to me (especially in photos!). Salicylic acid has been added as an active ingredient with 0.6%, which could be helpful (1% or 2% tends to be most effective) -- but this foundation's pH is about 6, which is too high for salicylic acid to exfoliate the skin (ideal pH is 3-4). However, I have mildly acne-prone skin, and this didn't cause any breakouts for me, so it's possible that the salicylic acid retains some of its anti-bacterial properties. The texture of this foundation worked really well with my skin, but because the shade selection doesn't suit me, I won't repurchase... too bad! I liked this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by megahOee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never been one to buy expensive makeup. Everything I use is straight from the drugstore, but I've tried most foundation brands there and I seem to click with this one more so than other foundations. I like the coverage, I dont have terrible skin but I definetly have my flaws.Im extremely pale so my skin shows any indication of redness or irritation but the foundation does the job well to cover any mark or blemish.
I also like how it seems to absorb into my skin a bit.With other foundations I've tried I cant stand when they feel like they are merely sitting atop my face and could slide off if anything were to touch it (cough cough) Dream Matte liquid !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNike

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would not buy this again. I have been using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Make-up with Flawless Finish for years, and they recently changed the formula. Searching for a new AHA or BHA makeup, I found this one. After trying (and comparing) it to Neutrogena's, I have found I don't like it. Here's why:

1. It Stinks.
2. Packaging sucks: the cap is a snap-on type (it MIGHT need a 1/4 turn twist off/on) but it doesn't hold the makeup in the bottle...it gets all over the cap and the neck of the bottle.
3. Makes me oilier than N did...no joke. At the end of the day, I can stick napkins to my face and they STAY. Yes, I've tried it.

The following other reasons may be pros or cons depending on what you like:
1. It's got an odd texture--runny but kinda thick, but "thick" doesn't necessarily mean it creates a great finish.
2. The undertones are yellow (which I DO like).
3. It does blend pretty well and matches my skin fairly well. The colors run light.
4. Decent coverage. It ain't an airbrush job, but it's better than my nasty naked skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ABC9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation matches my skin color perfectly, which is why I continue to use it. It's super spreadable (has a runnier consistency) and has yellow undertones, which work for my Asian skin. It starts out as a whitish color but then you spread it and it's fine. You also have to wait a couple seconds for the true color to come out because it does change within the first few minutes. I'd say go a teeny bit lighter than you would cuz it gets a little bit darker, but never orange. Coverage is medium and I really recommend the Nearly Naked Cover Stick on top of this. Once you apply both, just run a brush over your face and it'll all look natural.

It didn't actually clear my skin up as much as it didn't break me out, so I can't say much about the medication in it as it neither benefited nor exacerbated my moderate acne.

The packaging I have to complain about, though. The top never closes tight enough or something but every time I reopen, product is all over the top of the lid. It never gets messy or anything (like it doesn't squeeze out of the lid) but I'm kinda anal with cleanliness. It's also annoying to get the product out cuz I'm used to squeeze tubes whereas this is a glass jar that you'd have to flip upside down.

But these were small complaints and are nothing compared to the pros of the product. Buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

This is a weird foundation... I wouldn't buy it again because it's just pointless, you cannot use your daily cleanser if its for acne prone skin and you can't really use any other acne products with this because if you do your skin will be too dry. The quality is not so good either- it's too liquid almost flowing and hard to apply because the sponge will absorb all of it since it's so liquid....I just don't feel safe to be putting salicylic acid on my face to stay the entire day!