July 30, 2014 | 1567 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by charisek

I bought this product upon recommendation from my favorite YouTube makeup guru, Kandee the Makeup Artist. It is the first foundation I've ever purchased that matches my skin exactly. It has good coverage, used in conjunction with your concealer. It's oil free as well, and doesn't clog my pores or make me break out. I really like this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of the worst drugstore foundations I have ever purchased; possibly even THE worst foundation in drugstore history. I was excited to try this with the L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base (apparently it's a ripoff of Avon's Magix Face Perfector), which I bought together with the foundation. Too bad this was such a disappointment. The first time I opened it a lot came oozing out, and I ended up wasting because it's so damn runny. I then proceeded to use it after applying the Magic Perfecting Base. It was bad. Really bad. The foundation is dry and it only accented the flakiness of my dry winter skin. It also provided coverage that a tinted moisturizer would have, which is second to none. To me, that wasn't enough coverage, considering I have a few acne scars. It also only lasts about 4-5 hours, even after setting it with powder. The only good thing this foundation did for me was that it evened out my skin tone, which any foundation can do for me, to be honest. I would recommend this to anyone who already has nice skin and only needs to even out their skin tone. I wasted so much money on this. No way am I going to purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 More reviews by ChantellyLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Here's my thoughts:
PROS:
-exact match to my skin, I'm neither a true cool or warm and the N4 matched me perfectly
-blends well
-nice medium coverage without ever looking cakey
-never made me breakout
CONS:
-Half an hour after applying my T-zone was an oily greasy mess! Even if I set with powder. I have combination skin which I wouldnt say is overly oily either
-Does not last long. Halfway through the work day it appears half gone. I'd be afraid to see what it would be like in the humid summer heat
-Packaging is horrible! The cap leaks and gets all over my makeup bag. Yuck! (and ive had several bottles, they all do this)

In a nutshell, loved this foundation but will not continue to purchase. The oiliness and poor staying power did it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by twig117

In my never-ending quest to find my perfect foundation, I decided to give this a try after seeing KandeeJohnson rave about this product. I am the same shade as her (W4), and the foundation made her look amazing, so I gave it a shot.

Pros:
It is a nice color match for me
It does have decent coverage of redness
SPF 17

Cons:
It wears off super quickly
It also gets very oily (like the oil fills up an entire blotting sheet oily)
It has SPARKLES (yellow sparkles, I think the purpose was to make skin look radiant, but it becomes very obvious in certain light)
Screw top lid (worries me slightly cause its a bit unsanitary) and it smells rather chemically

Overall it's an okay foundation. I would recommend it to dry-skinned people, but those with oily skin should stay away from this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kbstachelski

After being so frustrated of constantly being matched with the wrong high-end foundation and wrong color at Sephora and various makeup counters, I decided to try this drugstore foundation. InStyle Magazine has rated this the best drugstore foundation for the past 5 years, so I figured it couldn't be that bad.

I have only been wearing this a couple days, and I love it! I matched myself to the shade W3, and it blends in with my skin flawlessly. I do start with Smashbox's oil-free photo primer and set with Clinique's transparent powder to give the foundation extra staying power. I do get a little shiny throughout the day so I have to blot, but that is normal for my combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

Oily, will make you break out, will leave you looking orange. It is a wonderful product in theory but not in practice.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kd1271

The color that "matches" my skin tone is too light and makes me look paler than I already am. It feels really greasy and oily when i'm applying it--I use my fingers, but wash them first--but after using primer, concealer, and powder with the foundation, it looks nice. But it does not cover acne well at all...and literally an HOUR after applying it, my skin gets oily and it just melts off. Seriously, wipes right off. I went to scratch my nose today and it was all over my finger. It just melts! Ughhhh sooo disappointed. My skin is already oily, but even other cheap foundations like cover girl and almay don't do the same thing. This product is awful, and I would absolutely not buy it if I were you.
Thanks a lot Loreal.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Angelasagna

I didn't really like this at all. It showed dry patches and creases on my skin, made me look pale even though it was my color, and overall comes out very cakey. I use it as a concealer if i really need to cover something up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by MSMKUP

This foundation isn't the worse but definitely not the best. I'll just give you a list of pros and cons.

PROS
-blends really well
-so much colors to choose from (it matches my skintone perfectly)
-easy to apply

CONS
-can look cakey
-runs and smears of really easily even with primer
-not good for oily skin (like my skin)
-may cause skin to breakout

I would say it may work way better for dry skin, but for oily skin not really. I have to blot and powder quiet a lot and the color comes off everytime I do. It's something I'd get just for fun.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by jordanh9708

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mehhh. Not sure about this foundation. When I first bougtht it, I loved it. It blended well, the texture was great, and my skin looked dewy and non-greasy. Now when I wear this foundation I'm a greaseball within 2 hours. Ridiculous! The shade range is amazing but the oil-controlling properties are absolutely not there. May work nicely for someone with drier skin, but oily girls beware!