L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

I need a pretty full coverage foundation, as I have a lot of skin issues. That made me a bit leary of this, but I got it cheap in a pinch, so I though why not. So glad I did! It offers me pretty darn near full coverage of my dark spots (which have been multiplying lately due to multiple factors, thankfully the issue is going away). I thought it was pretty cakey looking, but just today I discovered that if I use LESS, the coverage is still there and it looks a LOT better. Seriously, I just needed a dab. I apply it with a brush, which I think helps with the coverage too. The color is just right, though, as with most foundations I try, it's not quite 'yellow' enough for my asian-toned skin, but that's something I've come to terms with. Lasts most of the day for me even without powder, however, when it starts melting it does go quick! I never use powder though, I just redab with just a touch more foundation on a portable brush. Cleans it right up, as it is buildable. If this had a bit more of a dewy finish and stayed on like colorstay (which honestly I can take or leave, as removal of CS is like scraping paint, but it wont 'touch off' which I love) then this could possibly be HG.

I decided to try this foundation after a friend of mine recommended it and after being so impressed with the L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle. When I took a trip to my local CVS, I was surprised by the color selection. I had never seen such a large selection, however it was still quite difficult to find my color. The closest was W3 (Warm Nude Beige). I tried it out when I got it home. It has a nice consistency, however it is quite difficult to blend. The coverage is medium to heavy, but you need to apply quite a bit of it to really cover your face. I felt that not using enough product accentuated my pores. It also made my face itch quite a bit. I set the foundation with the L'Oreal True Match Natural Mineral Makeup.

I like the packaging, it's different and it's not bulky. It is a bit pricy, I got mine for $15. While the color selection is large, this makes it tricky to find your shade sometimes. There are foundations for Neutral, Cool and Warm skin tones. I might repurchase it in a slightly lighter shade (W2) to see if it makes a difference in my opinion.

on 10/20/2011 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Use this only if you have normal skin type. I used this as my summer foundation, it covered everything very well, but after 4 hours it seemed like my foundation just started to melt off.
But everything else was okay.

I didn´t absolutely hate this product but neither did I ablsolutely love it either.

The shade I used was N1 and it was allright, matched nicely though it was maybe a tad too light -- but it started to melt off only in an hour or two. I usually don´t get oily elsewhere than around my nose and chin, but with this foundation my skin seemed to shine all over.

I liked the finish when it had been just applied, it covered all of the redness and scarring quite nicely and looked dewy. I would have reallyreallyreally liked this if it wouldn´t melt, so this may work wonders on those who have normal skin. It just didn´t fit me.

on 10/13/2011 4:42:00 PM

My skin is normal to dry, and this foundation does not work for me! I recommend this for oily skinned people. I put on the foundation with my fingers. Yes, it is very blendable, but I do not recommend trying to build it up. It covered up pimples, and redness. However, it showed all my fine lines, dry patches, and it looked really flaky. It was very gross. I still use it, in the morning i moisturizer, and I have to spray water on my face a few times, then put it on. It still doesn't look that great, but its alright. I wouldn't buy this product again.

on 10/13/2011 1:19:00 AM

This product is alright. It blends in really well, there is a great shade selection, the coverage is medium but buildable to near full, and the price is good. It isn't my favorite though. I find that when I use it, it oxidizes after a couple of hours and it doesn't last that long. I don't have oily skin at all, but I still found this to wear off in patches. So my skin didn't look too even. When I first put it on, I did like it. But I need a foundation to last me at least 8 hrs (which I have a couple that last that plus more) The packaging-- yes, it doesn't have a pump. But that doesnt bother be at all. I don't pour it out anyway, I just put my fingers (clean of course) on the opening, and shake it so that product gets on my fingers. I then blend it on my face. I do that with pretty much all bottled foundation that doesnt have a pump.
But anyway, I probably won't repurchase this. The only time I can see myself doing that is if I ran out of what I have and needed to grab something quick (they sell it at Dollar General where I live)

on 10/10/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

i really like this foundation, it has light to medium coverage, it looks natural on the skin, almost like a tinted moisturizer but covers more. however, the lasting power is not so great on my combination-oily skin, after 5 hours, it starts to fade away from my face. but it's ok i like it anyway.

on 10/8/2011 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this is one of the first drugstore foundations that i tired and after trying many different other foundations. i am sure that i will be repurchasing this foundation again after i finish my other foundations. one of the main reasons i enjoy this foundation is the large range of colors and the portability of the small bottle (which is really nice if you're traveling).

this foundation is on the lighter side for coverage out but can be built up to a medium coverage--depending what your method of applying. for me i don't expect my foundation to cover up all of my spots and dark circles since i still use concealer. if you're looking for a full coverage foundation this isn't it however it does do a good job of evening out the skin tone.

the finish is luminous, which i like but with time it can make me look more oily (and i don't have oily skin). it blends very nicely and additionally coats doesn't make it look cakey. i also really like that it has built in spf in the foundation.

on 9/29/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in a pickle with this product. I have this in the shade w3. The most perfect color match I have ever found. The easy application of this product makes me use it daily because it covers well, spreads quickly, easily, effortlessly and seamlessly over my RoC Brilliance anti-aging primer and with the use of a stippling brush.. All I do is dot this onto my face, small little finger dots,, and then with the stippling brush swirl it on. Maybe it's because it is my perfect color but the formula is also amazing in that it does not irritate my normally dry skin, it does not make my nose get crackly after a few hours - this is the problem I usually have, with other foundations such as Revlon colorstay, the one for dry skin even! What the true match does is make me steadily get oily even after setting with either the true match powder or with basically any other powder pressed or loose that i have tried so far.. i feel oily and i know my skin has produced oil - Once in awhile I will actually get a shine like on my forhead but in general I don't actually look oily.. It's just that sensation on your skin where you know it's oily.. Powdering will help the situation and touch ups if necessary.. My biggest complaint is that I have finally found the culprit of my most recent frequently occuring acne breakouts. I eliminated different things from my routine one by one until I realized it was my favorite product, and most essential on most days, causing the breakouts.. I have now been enjoying my BalmShelter by theBalm (light-medium)mixed with some of my revlon colorstay (300) and the balm's tinted moisturizer does add the extra moisture and the extra warm/peachy color into the revlon as I need... I will soon be going to purchase a new foundation either from MUFE or MAC.. and i still can't decide which one to get! So long as it matches as well as the l'oreal and has the mattifying effect like the revlon I will be happy! What sucks is I love how the l'oreal applies and looks.. and it's just too easy to use... so until it is gone I will probably be using it.. maybe the acne will stop as i am not acne prone normally... i just wish it wasn't being caused by my foundation!!

on 9/29/2011 8:01:00 PM

Seriously, I wanted this to work. I have friends who adore it and I hoped it would be good for me too. And well, yes, I got a good shade that matched my skin tone and it seemed to sit in well with my skin at first! Great coverage!
But as time went by my skin began feeling heavier and heavier, like I wore a mask, and when I looked into the mirror I realized the foundation had started... what to say, "highlighting" all my wrinkles and also disappearing from my nose as if it was too oily. That was very surprising, considering that I have pretty clear normal skin that will become oily only during the summertime. I put on my old foundation from Isadora the next day and it didn't disappear at all, leaving me to the conclusion it wasn't my skin's fault but something with the foundation.
I tried the following weeks to apply it with a different moisture cream beneath, no cream beneath at all, with two different brushes, a bit less foundation, sponge, mixed out with moisture cream, different powder on top and no powder on top at all. Did I get a good result? No. And I live in a cold country, Sweden, which would have good conditions for wearing a foundation since it would melt off as it has a tendency to do in warm weather, but yet it didn't succeed in working well for me. I saved it and used it later in the summer too, just to see how it worked in the summer. Do I need to say it melted and disappeared within four-five hours, just leaving me with "highlighted" wrinkles?
I am happy to see it works for others! For me? Not at all, sadly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials