L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/22/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this was my first major liquid foundation and... now that I know more about makeup, etc, I don't like it at all. It is very watery, first of all, and literally spills out of the bottle. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally spilled some because it comes out so fast and if you accidentally tilt it just a little, it goes gushing. It is also very streaky unless you go crazy with your brush and blend like a maniac. Last, but definitely NOT least, it does not set by itself at all. It is very greasy and feels strange on your face, sort of heavy. Then, if you set it to the point that it needs setting, it looks very cakey and usually if you just set it average and it looks fairly nice, later it starts to melt off and you have blotches of her skin breaking through the greasy layer of the makeup. I didn't like this at all. I just couldn't deal with it.

on 3/13/2012 5:17:00 PM

I gave it 4 lipies because it did cause me to break out. But! I absolutely love the coverage it gives and the color matched my skin perfectly which is hard to do since most foundations have pink undertones and my skin has yellow undertones. I switched acne products and hope to try this again someday to see if there's anyway around the breakouts.

on 3/9/2012 9:51:00 AM

After reading some reviews on this i decided to go ahead and buy it.. i usually use the maybelline fit me foundation but i wanted a change. This foundation claims to be super blendable, but on my skin it was so hard to get it to look natural..it didnt blend well at all in my opinion..it settled into any creases and looked unnatural. Also , if you have dry skin, this is a no no- it made my dryish skin look 10 times worse! This foundation clings to flakes. Terrrible foundation, the only thing i thought was cool was how they had different shades for every skin tone- i usually have a hard time finding a color to match my skin, amd they have a good selection. unfortunatly the foundation itself doesnt make my skin look good at all. I won't buy again!

on 3/8/2012 9:55:00 AM

When I first started using this product I could really feel it on my face which I can't stand. I used to have very very dry skin and it might feel different now. I don't use it on its own though because I bought N2 which is a little too light on me. Even though its too light, I try not to waste products. Since I have two of them (BOGO), I use them to lighten up other foundations. Most of the time I will mix it with my moisturizer and it makes quite a nice tinted moisturizer. I don't think I will buy it again in a different shade though because I don't like how it feels without the moisturizer.

on 3/5/2012 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a more affordable replacement for Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear, which I love but is really expensive for every day use. I was hoping to find a really natural light-to-medium coverage foundation to wear every day and the sunscreen is a bonus.

I thought I found a perfect match in the Neutral 3 shade but it oxidized immediately - I looked very orange the second this stuff hit my skin. Maybe I bought the wrong shade after all and I'll try it again over the summer when I have a little more color, but I still think this will be very orange and not nearly "neutral".

It's a shame because I think I like the light feel and it wore pretty well on my oily acne prone skin. But it didn't give me great coverage over my problem areas and looked dry and cakey on my drier patches.

I really hate the packaging. It's nice to have a clear bottle to see how much is left, but a glass bottle breaks too easily and the opening is wide. This is a thin foundation and it's too easy to dump a ton of it out since there's no way to control dispensing it. I hate the cross-contamination of touching the product right at the bottle opening, too. A pump or tube would be so much nicer.

I guess I'll go back to shelling out the big bucks for Fresh Wear.

on 3/4/2012 9:37:00 PM

I decided to buy this because I heard great things about it, I did like that this line had several color options but this foundation melted right off my skin within a few hours. I do have combo oily skin but I didn't expect it to run like it did, I even used primer and it didn't really seem to help any.

on 2/29/2012 7:21:00 AM

it doesnt go on flawless but the colour match for me was spot on!!! started to break out so i stopped using it but it is a great drugstore foundation!!

on 2/25/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the texture of this foundation and it blends easily for me. I use the Warm shade range for my undertones. I do have light skin but I have a very noticeable yellow undertone (most yellow color corrector match my skin for concealer). I really really wanted to like this foundation but it oxidizes so bad on my skin. After about 3 hours it is this weird orange shade on my face even with a primer and setting it. Yes I am buying the correct shade for my skin. I've even tried using the Cool and Neutral shades and they still do the same thing. This foundation is oil free and always recommended for people with oily skin. I am keeping it because it can be mixed with other foundations like my Revlon Colorstay (makes it feel less heavy but still has full coverage) and Neutrogena Healthly Skin Enhancer (I prefer to mix these two when the weather isn't so hot or cold). I've never had a foundation oxidize this badly on my skin.
*** I am updating this review***

I did some research to test out some different ways to possibly help this foundation from oxidizing on my skin so badly. Having yellow/warm skin and being fair to light in my complexion makes it next to impossible to find a drugstore foundation. I tested out some different tricks that I learned. Seemed to help a little but I want to give it more time. I really love the texture and the color of this foundation so I hope this works

on 2/22/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

its not good for dry skin at all! it makes skin look very flakey.. but it might be good if you have really oily skin...

on 2/11/2012 11:04:00 PM

My True Match is W3, and it really is TRUE. :D I was shocked and somewhat suspicious at first, since I was highly doubtful such a light shade was actually my skin color, but I went ahead and purchased it anyways. Happily, it's precisely the color of my face (at least the skin in between all the freckles...). It's medium to heavy coverage, and a fairly thick liquid.
It's also quite blendable, but be sure (and this is a MUST) to moisturize and exfoliate any dry/flaky skin before applying, because this stuff will cling to flakes. However, on properly moisturized skin there are no problems. It's oil-free, which is definitely nice, and I haven't had any problems with it 'melting' off. Another thing I like about it is the subtle shimmer, which really does give your face a healthy glow. (Note: I don't use primer or setting powder.)
The only downsides to this foundation are the dreadful bottle design (way too much product comes out each time, no pump) and the price ($8 for a teeny bottle of drugstore foundation?! Really?!)
Verdict: DEFINITELY will repurchase. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials