January 31, 2015 | 1620 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Pinkkittyrokz

This product is alright. It blends in really well, there is a great shade selection, the coverage is medium but buildable to near full, and the price is good. It isn't my favorite though. I find that when I use it, it oxidizes after a couple of hours and it doesn't last that long. I don't have oily skin at all, but I still found this to wear off in patches. So my skin didn't look too even. When I first put it on, I did like it. But I need a foundation to last me at least 8 hrs (which I have a couple that last that plus more) The packaging-- yes, it doesn't have a pump. But that doesnt bother be at all. I don't pour it out anyway, I just put my fingers (clean of course) on the opening, and shake it so that product gets on my fingers. I then blend it on my face. I do that with pretty much all bottled foundation that doesnt have a pump.
But anyway, I probably won't repurchase this. The only time I can see myself doing that is if I ran out of what I have and needed to grab something quick (they sell it at Dollar General where I live)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by KRAHZEN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i really like this foundation, it has light to medium coverage, it looks natural on the skin, almost like a tinted moisturizer but covers more. however, the lasting power is not so great on my combination-oily skin, after 5 hours, it starts to fade away from my face. but it's ok i like it anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ambiguouslove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the first drugstore foundations that i tired and after trying many different other foundations. i am sure that i will be repurchasing this foundation again after i finish my other foundations. one of the main reasons i enjoy this foundation is the large range of colors and the portability of the small bottle (which is really nice if you're traveling).

this foundation is on the lighter side for coverage out but can be built up to a medium coverage--depending what your method of applying. for me i don't expect my foundation to cover up all of my spots and dark circles since i still use concealer. if you're looking for a full coverage foundation this isn't it however it does do a good job of evening out the skin tone.

the finish is luminous, which i like but with time it can make me look more oily (and i don't have oily skin). it blends very nicely and additionally coats doesn't make it look cakey. i also really like that it has built in spf in the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Mrs15Heb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in a pickle with this product. I have this in the shade w3. The most perfect color match I have ever found. The easy application of this product makes me use it daily because it covers well, spreads quickly, easily, effortlessly and seamlessly over my RoC Brilliance anti-aging primer and with the use of a stippling brush.. All I do is dot this onto my face, small little finger dots,, and then with the stippling brush swirl it on. Maybe it's because it is my perfect color but the formula is also amazing in that it does not irritate my normally dry skin, it does not make my nose get crackly after a few hours - this is the problem I usually have, with other foundations such as Revlon colorstay, the one for dry skin even! What the true match does is make me steadily get oily even after setting with either the true match powder or with basically any other powder pressed or loose that i have tried so far.. i feel oily and i know my skin has produced oil - Once in awhile I will actually get a shine like on my forhead but in general I don't actually look oily.. It's just that sensation on your skin where you know it's oily.. Powdering will help the situation and touch ups if necessary.. My biggest complaint is that I have finally found the culprit of my most recent frequently occuring acne breakouts. I eliminated different things from my routine one by one until I realized it was my favorite product, and most essential on most days, causing the breakouts.. I have now been enjoying my BalmShelter by theBalm (light-medium)mixed with some of my revlon colorstay (300) and the balm's tinted moisturizer does add the extra moisture and the extra warm/peachy color into the revlon as I need... I will soon be going to purchase a new foundation either from MUFE or MAC.. and i still can't decide which one to get! So long as it matches as well as the l'oreal and has the mattifying effect like the revlon I will be happy! What sucks is I love how the l'oreal applies and looks.. and it's just too easy to use... so until it is gone I will probably be using it.. maybe the acne will stop as i am not acne prone normally... i just wish it wasn't being caused by my foundation!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by geegeegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Seriously, I wanted this to work. I have friends who adore it and I hoped it would be good for me too. And well, yes, I got a good shade that matched my skin tone and it seemed to sit in well with my skin at first! Great coverage!
But as time went by my skin began feeling heavier and heavier, like I wore a mask, and when I looked into the mirror I realized the foundation had started... what to say, "highlighting" all my wrinkles and also disappearing from my nose as if it was too oily. That was very surprising, considering that I have pretty clear normal skin that will become oily only during the summertime. I put on my old foundation from Isadora the next day and it didn't disappear at all, leaving me to the conclusion it wasn't my skin's fault but something with the foundation.
I tried the following weeks to apply it with a different moisture cream beneath, no cream beneath at all, with two different brushes, a bit less foundation, sponge, mixed out with moisture cream, different powder on top and no powder on top at all. Did I get a good result? No. And I live in a cold country, Sweden, which would have good conditions for wearing a foundation since it would melt off as it has a tendency to do in warm weather, but yet it didn't succeed in working well for me. I saved it and used it later in the summer too, just to see how it worked in the summer. Do I need to say it melted and disappeared within four-five hours, just leaving me with "highlighted" wrinkles?
I am happy to see it works for others! For me? Not at all, sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

Pros:
-Light-medium coverage
-Lots of shades to choose from
-Very easy to blend
-Inexpensive

Cons:
-No pump
-Gets oily and wears off after 8+ hours

I'm on my second bottle already! I use either my fingers or a damp sponge wedge to apply this. And to those who say they get dry patches, maybe you should moisturizer before using.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by oak415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought that this was a not bad product. The bottle is annoying because it's hard to control how much product comes out - a pump would have been nice. The coverage is nice, it feels light on my skin, and the wear is nice. But unfortunately, it looks ashy on my slightly olive Asian skin. (I bought it in Warm 4.) I suspect that those with cooler undertones will do much better with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by ellezoe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this foundation for my normal to dry skin. many shades for every colour of skin. was very dissapointed when my bottle dropped and split right open leaving a horrible mess to clean up. will buy this again though, just be careful.

i apply this with a wet sponge

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by xthlx

This slips and slides off my face in about an hour. The color also oxidize and made me look orange by the middle of the day. Gross.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by paulinawatson

i bought this foundation a couple months ago and I HATE IT!
CONS:
- clogs pores
- i noticed it has sparkles!
- cakey looking
- makes your imperfections even more noticeable!
- bad staying power
- looks dry
- leaves streaks when u apply
PROS:
- good color range
- easy to blend
- has spf 17
RECOMMENDATIONS:
- for peoples with oily skin or normal skin NOT dry skin
- for peoples with good skin, HORRIBLE for bad skin like mine!