April 17, 2014 | 1902 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Girl4God

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ehhh...too drying for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This WAS my HG cleanser. I remember, the first time I used this was in college. I used my roommate's, and I fell in love with it. Although I was on a budget, I went out and bought it; everyday I looked forward to using this. I have oily acne-prone skin. This cleanser seems to tighten my skin, and it is a sign that the cleanser is stripping natural oil off my skin. That's not good for any type of skin because it will promote oil production. So I eventually stopped using this cleanser although I love the clean feeling I get.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 5:33:00 PM More reviews by sonya80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definately my #1 HG foam cleanser. It's cheapest of all of my favorite lists of foaming cleansers, and this works the best for me.
It's an upside down tube with huge hole, which I find it very convenient compare to other with tiny holes. I can just squeeze the tube slightly to get a huge dot of product, which is just the right amount of product for my face :)
It foams up to HUGE mountain of softest cloudy foam, yet it feels so silky-creamy on my skin. It's squeaky clean, but still my face are moist and non-drying. This is the only product I have repurchase over and over since high school, and I have tried almost all of the foaming cleansers out there, and nothing can hold a light to this baby. Even though this is my HG, and best of all, but I still buy other cleansers as well, since I get tired of them easily, but this is the only cleanser I would buy if I have to choose one and only. I can never say enough of this, and if you haven't tried it, I recommend you try this one for sure, unless you have dry skin. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 12:34:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really want to love this but can't. Using it is heavenly-- it foams into a cloudy soft cleanser and rinses nicely. The problem is that my skin gets drier and flakier with each use, and I've had clogged pores from it. I do thinks this cleanser is soap-based, or at least it feels identical to soap on the skin-- leaving a "squeaky" feeling but some residue like soaps do. I wish it worked better for my skin because I love using my sample tube! Honestly though, I'll never have to buy this stuff because it takes so very little to clean each time. I'm on the fence on this one, but even though it's so nice to use, I think it's really bad for my skin. Back to Cetaphil I go.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kirstyb

Its okay, but nothing special. For the price, and the clinique marketing gimmic that its just a make-up remover and still needs to be followed with the soap, you're better off looking elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kcalabrese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP. I really did not like this stuff. The foaming was way out of control and it felt super drying. I guess the bright side is that a little really goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by twoqtrsandaheart

if you're willing to invest the money, this is a good product. i usually use clean & clear, but clinique had one of their specials going on where you have to buy a certain amount of stuff, so i got this cleanser...i really like how tight and smooth it makes my face feel!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 8:46:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a 1.7 fl oz tube of this cleanser. Yes, this cleanser does cleanse and rinse off my makeup super well. but it drys out my sensitive acnecombo skin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by ungdrom18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I am loving this. This is acctually the first make-up remover I have used(besides pads for my eyes.) I acctually never really considered the fact that I need to remove my make-up before cleansing. I figured any face wash would remove/and cleanse at the same time. Maybe thats why I have been breaking out for ten years(my skin has never really been fully cleansed) Hopefully this will be the solution (fingers crossed!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ina_moramento

I got a sample size from a friend and a little bit (I'm talking about the size of a pea) is enough to lather up my entire face. It leaves my skin feeling smooth, clean, and so very fresh. It doesn't dry my combo skin too much either. I'm in love with this product even if it is a bit costly.