Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 9/12/2006 9:41:00 AM

Am I the only one who uses this product the way Clinique says you're supposed to?? I use this soley as a makeup remover and then follow-up with the 3-step, just like it says on the instructions. I don't feel like I'm "over-washing" my face at all. Okay, so maybe this is Clinique's marketing ploy to get you to buy more products. But hey, if it works for me, then I'm not going to complain! I've always had good success with Clinique products and this is no exception. Before I bought this, I was washing my face twice with the same cleanser anyway because I just feel like I need to wash again after getting rid of the makeup. It does exactly what it's supposed to do...remove makeup. I'm not sure how this would work as a makeup remover/cleanser-in-one since I do feel like it leaves a slight film on my face afterwards. But this doesn't bother me since I follow up with my regular Clinique cleanser anyway. It's a little bit on the expensive side, but I think this tube will last a long time since you only need a pea-size amount. I have no problems with the scent like other reviewers have talked about. Also, this product is NOT meant to be an eye makeup remover and it really shouldn't get near your eyes at all, just like any other cleanser. I'm not trying to sound snotty, but I don't understand how people can give it a lowe rating for using it in a way it's not meant for, i.e. not removing eye makeup well and stinging eyes. Anyway, I really like this as a makeup remover and would buy again!

on 8/29/2006 7:12:00 PM

While this is good for removing all traces of makeup, it is very drying and I cannot use in to remove my eye makeup. I'll stick with my Purpose gentle cleansing wash: I can use that to wash my face and eyes at the same time and it isn't drying at all.

on 8/29/2006 3:45:00 PM

I used this product for a year and I broke out terribly. I had multiple pimples all over my face, especially on my forehead. Why use it for a year if it caused so much problems? At that time (which was 6 years ago), I was ignorant to the world of face products. Thank goodness my face cleared up after I stopped using this product, but it took months for the blemishes to finally disappear. I would never use Clinique again.

on 8/6/2006 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin, of the type that needs to be blotted every 90 minutes and requires serious cleanser. So when I say that this is a very drying cleanser, take me seriously.On the plus side, it cleanses well and requires very little for a rich lather. On the downside it reduces my normally sturdy skin to a tight, flaky mess. Will stick to Clinique's Liquid Soap Mild or Shiseido's White Lucent cleansers.

I love this product as a makeup remover. It removes every trace of makeup. Just do not get it into your eyes because it will burn. The texture is very thick and creamy, rinses easily and clean. Great product.

on 7/2/2006 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser. I use this to take off my make-up before the Three Step System. It removes every stitch of make-up, (but then again I don't wear waterproof anything). I love the squeaky clean feeling and it doesn't feel stripped. Leaves my skin very soft and smooth.

on 6/25/2006 12:56:00 AM

I recently rediscovered this product because my skin care didn't seem to be working. I was getting severe breakouts on my chin, probably due to stress. Also the products I was using didn't give me that truly clean feeling. I purchased one for the sink area and one to keep in the shower & I make sure I use it twice a day. I also made some other minor changes in my routine, for example I occasionally also use the Clinique number 3 toner. My breakouts completely and quickly cleared up and have not restarted. My skin is very clean and comfortable. This is just the best way to cleanse the face. I will be using this product for many years I think.

on 6/6/2006 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

a little bit goes a long way and it leaves you feeling clean. very good for cleansing and i have oily acne prone skin

on 5/30/2006 9:40:00 AM

I used it this winter and it was ok for my combo skin.I have tried like all the cleansers on earth because I had skincare problems but this one was way very good.Its not gel thats why I might not buy again.Gel cleansers work better for my skin.

on 5/26/2006 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

ehhh...too drying for my skin.