October 24, 2014 | 1623 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Cannot but liquid liner on my waterline ( inner bottom lids ) but this stuff is good otherwise. Dark, and stays put. I usually put it on the top lid or inner corners. This is probably the easiest LL i have worked with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2006 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hesta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this overseas.. and i LOVE IT! it stays on al day for me.. and its perfect for lining the top of my eyes! it also stays on all DAY!

i line my lower rim with a normal crayon eyeliner and then i gently go on top with the eyeliner.. NOT too close to the actual eye becuase i dont want to get it in there.. hehe

the only thing i dont really like about it is that when i remove it.. most of it comes off but there are lil flaky bits that either get in ur eye or on your face. BUT other than that.. i love this product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by yuckyuks

This is the liquid liner I always come back to. I get the black color, and wear it on the tops for a slight, Audrey Hepburn kind of cat eye. The formula is glossy, the brush doesn't irritate my eyes (as some felt tips do), and I find it easy to apply.

It might sound strange that the formula is glossy, but I find that matte liquid liners look fake - like you just drew a line over your eye. What I love about this formula is that it looks, for some reason, more natural. It's like the difference between a person who has applied kohl eyeliner without blending and one who's applied it with blending - the blended tends to look better, and more natural. This formula just seems to bring more light into your eyes.

There have been complaints about this product being flaky, but I think it's a matter of application. The key to this liner is that you don't put on too many layers of it, and it's not a liner that you can keep fixing. I always use a kohl eyeliner beforehand to draw the line that I want, which I can fix however many times I want, and then use this liner over it. That way it looks perfect and stays perfect throughout the day. When you put on too much, mini-globs appear and will probably flake off over the course of your day.

As far as I know, it stays true to its "waterproof" label - it stays on all day, and though I wouldn't expect it to last through a long day in the ocean, it has lasted me through plenty of sad movies (and I cry through all of them).

The brush isn't felt tip, so those who are used to felt tip might have trouble. However, it's perfect for my usage because I am only going over a line that I have already made with kohl eyeliner. Felt tips seem to take a while, whereas this brush glides pretty quickly and cleanly.

The bottle is okay, although the part at the mouth that prevents globs from coming out breaks after a while of careless using. However, that's usually at the point when there's so little left in the bottle that I'm digging at it and really need to get a new one anyway.

I don't like when the formula dries out, which is after a few months, because then it does cause flakes. However, it doesn't dry out for very long and it's when you're at the bottom of the bottle anyway.

I've tried others, looking for something possibly even better - something that never dries out, that I can use for a year, or something - L'oreal's lineur intensifique, maybelline's waterproof eyeliner with the felt tip and conical bottle, prestige's liquid. However, I always give up on those midbottle and just buy this product again. I recommend it all the way, though I suggest you get the application right in order for it to really be at its best.

--------------------------

EDIT:
I have moved on to Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner by Revlon. It's been over a year, and I haven't looked back. The reason is mostly because my look has changed, and the shininess of Maybelline's Ultra Liner isn't what I'm looking for anymore. I do appreciate not having to worry about my eyeliner flaking off - ever - and not having to worry about drawing the line perfectly with kohl before putting liquid eyeliner on. With Maybelline's product, there wasn't much room for mistakes. I still think this eyeliner served me well and would go back if they were all out of my Revlon Colorstay, but it's just not my go-to liquid eyeliner anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2005 2:05:00 AM More reviews by diducdakitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this at all. the applicator is too stiff and i find it really hard to apply with. i have an older liquid liner by maybelline (dont know what it is called because the name wore off) but its sooo much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2005 9:18:00 PM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

bad applicator ! the handle is toooooo short,and the brush is flimsy-hard to apply-stick with the other maybelline waterproof liquid liner ! i gave that one the higest score cuz i love it so much ,sadly THIS one wasn't even close

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2005 9:42:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is pretty much crap. I bought it and decided to try it and it goes on easily and dries fast, but it flakes off so easily. when I removed it w/makeup remover, it came off all in a big line and got hung up in my lashes. Ugh. Don't buy this. Go for something better. Actually, if you want better makeup, try stuff at the department stores or at Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2005 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Kissmeimabeanr

I am an eyeliner fanatic.I never really liked liquid eyeliners because for some reason i dont get that great of control and i recentyly started going for the cat eye sexy lil swoop at the end of my eyes look so what i usually do with this is Use a regular pencil eyeliner just to the edges of the on the top lid and then i run this over it and make the lil swoop at the end to make my eyes more shapey and sexy.When you do it like this its alot easier because ive notived that if i wear this alone by its self you cant realy correct it if you make a mistake because once it drys its starts to flake if you mess with it.It LASTS ALL DAY.I paired this with the great wear eyeliner in the inner rim and i went to six flags with some freinds and i had gone on a couple of awsome rides and they are fast and big and i usually get watery eyes on the rides and my friend asked me what kind of eyeliner do you uses i was all like why?thinking it had smeared or something ans she was like cuz it stays perfect all day!Hehe Oh yeah what really makes my eyeliner not smear on the lower lash line is a setting powder its really does help!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2005 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Missy173

I thought that this would be a good product because it has small applicator, and it has a larger fluid ounce than most products. I have been wearing liquid liner for about 10 years and this is one of the worst I have bought. It flakes off very easily and very quickly. Its very dissappointing. I only use this when I know that I will only need to appear with it temporarily. Terrible. *Also, this really should indicate that it is a liquid line in the name. I'm adding a link to a picture of the actual product, as the review is only helpful if you know what product I am referring to. http://www.maybelline.com/images/products/large/21.jpg

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2005 11:19:00 AM More reviews by ILuvMyLipGlozz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i loved it, and then i found out that maybelline animal tests, and thats why it gets a 1. i'll use it up, but would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2005 1:37:00 PM More reviews by pooot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has a dark, glossy color, which is good, but it does peel easily. I guess it's one of those products that has to be applied a certain way because my friend uses it and it stays put all day for her.