Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 12/22/2003 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Upon reviews I tried this, and it's on my swap list. I found that the colors are orangey. It also comes off on everything. Packaging is really nice though.

on 12/18/2003 8:01:00 PM

I just got this foundation so I haven't had the chance to try it yet. When I do I will update everybody. So far it seems like a great foundation and at the incredible price of just $9.99!!! I could only find this @ Sally's Beauty Supply. I love how it's oil-free since I have oily skin. I only wish the color selection was bigger :(...not many to choose from. But I will try foundation tomorrow morning! UPDATE: DAMN! I'm really disapointed b/c I really liked this foundation, BUT it has pink/red undertones, I'm yellow undertone. :(..Im stick w/EsteeLauder.(for a natural look)

on 12/17/2003 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this compact foundation because of the rave reviews.

The reviews are right... this is an excellent foundation. As the instruction say, you can use it dry for light coverage or wet for full coverage. It feels very light on.

I gave it a 5 rating. Their lightest shade is Laurel Nude (400) and it eventually gives my face a pinkish tint. So, it's a great foundation and if they ever came out with a foundation with a yellow base... I would get it in a heartbeat. Just doesn't work for me right now.

on 12/15/2003 4:18:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for quite some time now and LOVE it!!! Occasionally I have switched to other foundations, but I always come back to this one. It looks really natural on, yet has great coverage. I use the Cypress Beige color, but in the summer I can go a bit darker with the tan color. If you are into powder foundations, this one is such a good bargain! I like it better than my MAC StudioFix!!! I really recommend this product.

on 12/9/2003 7:34:00 PM

I read all the reviews about this product and I decided to try it. I have to say that this is a wonderful foundation. I have very sensitive, blotchy red skin, that becomes oily quickly. This stuff controls the oil all day and has awesome coverage. I find that using the foundation dry gives me enough coverage. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good foundation for oily, sensitive skin with good coverage. The best part is it is cheap ($10).

on 12/7/2003 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have tried by far. I have oily skin that flakes very easily so I have to be careful. This foundation looks good both wet and dry. The lightest color matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't give me an ashen look like Clinique City Base compact spf 15 does. Very nice! UPDATE: This broke me out!

on 12/4/2003 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for the past 4 weeks. Wanted to try it because of all the positive reviews here. This is an excellent foundation - great texture, very lightweight yet has buildable coverage. It also wears longer/better than any of the other powder foundations I've tried (MAC, Stila). For the price, this is a terrific product. I haven't experienced any breakouts yet. It's also very portable and great for travel.

on 12/2/2003 5:56:00 PM

Gosh Darn, this is a nice product! I was so impressed by this after 2 days of wear, that I had to write an early review. I promise to update if I change my mind.
I have dry, acne-prone, sensitive skin, and have used more foundations than seem imaginable. This is so easy to use, looks so good on, lasts all day, is very natural looking, is very reasonably priced, oh, I just can't find any drawbacks.

I purchased this because I wanted something to dust on over my face to even out skintone, and set my other new love (dior Hdrating Concealer). And, let me tell you, I normally hate powder, but this is so light and velvety, not matt looking, or dry, nor does it accentuate those fine pesky lines that I have earned in my mid-40 something years of life. Just a pleasure to own, wear, and carry around if you want to do touchups.
Check this out ladies, honestly. I am glad I did!

on 12/2/2003 3:19:00 PM

Based on the reviews here, I was very excited to track down and finally buy this foundation. Unfortunately, it was very dry and cakey-looking on my combination skin. I tried it both wet and dry and did not like the texture or feel of it on my skin AT ALL. Luckily it was pretty cheap, and it's a nicely designed compact.

on 12/2/2003 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon... which is something that I don't normally do with foundations (hair products are an entirely different story). Basically, I am just sick of applying gloopy, messy liquid foundations. I have never before worn a powder foundation and at $10 + 30+ positive reviews, I couldn't resist.

I purchased my Palladio foundation at Sally Beauty Supply for $9.99. I picked up Cypress Beige for my FFF/MMM complexion (I also wear Px Traceless in 3 and I am a Stila C/D or 30/40 Watts). The color is actually just about a perfect match. When I apply it, I can barely even see it (even before smoothing it out) so I guess that's a good thing.

The texture is very soft, silky, and well... creamy feeling. The coverage is light, but I would say that it's also quite buildable to medium coverage. The BEST part of this foundation is that I can't really feel it on. Unlike liquids, which I feel right away... after I apply this, my skin still feels naked. :o)

I haven't used this long enough to say whether or not it will break me out (I'll report back in a few weeks), but so far, it's a keeper!

UPDATE: I am bringing my review down from 5 lippies to 3 lippies simply b/c after a few uses, I began to feel and look like I had a mask on. The powder began slipping into my lines and it gave me somewhat of a chalky look. I still think this is a decent powder, but not HG material for me. continued >>