August 30, 2014 | 931 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ipreshuzi

I bought this product today, and I think it'l work well. As soon as I got out of the shower, my blackheads were *ALMOST* gone :D But I think I'll use this every other day, cause it makes my face really dry. So ladies (or gentleman) make sure you use a moisturizer! The cap won't SHUT >o<;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great as a mask. It stung my skin which made me panic and think I was having an allergic reaction, but it was just working deep within my pores.

This gets 5 lippies alone because it helped me extract a huge, stubborn blackhead I've had for a while. After I washed off this mask, I took a chance and squeezed it; and holy mother, it came out! Ecstatic. Over the successful extraction of a blackhead, haha. It also cleared the rest of my crater-sized pores and calmed a couple zits.

This is becoming my HG heavy-duty mask. Haven't tried it as a cleanser yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by inthetreetops

I love this stuff! I've been using it for more than 2 years now, and its the only cleanser I've found that actually does help my acne. Every now and then I get dry spots from the benzoyls peroxide, but it's easy enough to fix with extra moisturizer and staying away from the BP for a couple of days. I tried a different cleanser for a couple days one time, and the blackheads on my nose got visibly worse, it was pretty bad! So I went back to this stuff and it's great :) I don't use it much as a mask, I find it works much better as a cleanser. I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by HeyJudes

Really good cleanser AND mask. I love using it as a cleanser because of the benzoyl peroxide in it. I find that salicylic acid doesn't really work as effective for me. It's not harsh as a cleanser or overdrying for me (I have combo/oily skin with acne) and I really feel like it deep cleans. The mask is also great, I feel like my pores are tighter after using it. It's a fast drying mask too which is nice since I don't have that much time for pampering. It's a great product for its price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I normally don't like cleansers that don't foam but I really really really like this one because it gets results. To begin with, it cleans my skin well. Also, it keeps my skin clear! (I notice a difference in my skin if I don't use this cleanser.) Although I don't use the mask feature of this product often, I can tell you that it is a nice deep cleanser when I need it. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by sammerz2388

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a sucker for BP and that "tight, fresh" feeling that a serious mask will leave on my superoily face. As a cleanser, it doesn't do much for me. I use it as a mask nightly (I'm not kidding about the serious oil factor of my face). I don't know that it does too much in the way of acne prevention, but I'm pretty confident that it has kept some baby zits from developing into full-blown mountain ranges. Ew, but true. Packaging is simple and works.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Beckiboobuzzin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this product a month ago and what an improvement!! I have combination skin with large pores on my chin and I get frequent breakouts and black heads around my mouth and chin area.

Overall this product, when massaged thoroughly into my skin and rinsed off - left it feeling smoothed and cleansed without the 'tight' feeling you sometimes get. I use it as a mask 2-3 times a week and it has cleared my blackheads AND my blemishes. I stopped using it for a few days in favour of Burts Bee's Lemon and Poppy Seed Cleanser and my face broke out again! So back to this one : )

The packaging was a bit plain for me though (I'm usually sold on cute/ expensive or kitch looking products! - hence the Burts Bees purchase!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 5:09:00 AM More reviews by 1QTPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. My face has been breaking out cyclically on my cheeks for some weeks. I got to the point where I was washing my make-up brushes everday and throwing away my powders and concealers fearing contamination.

I saw that this product had a higher BP percentage then the other drugstore acne systems and decided to try it. I have used it as a mask (and spot treatment) three times in the past week and all of the ance that I had is GONE. It dried everything up and even destroyed this blackhead that would not go away.

I had two pimples threatening to erupt on my right cheek. I attacked them with this product whilst still using make-up every day and it stopped them in their tracks. It's a bit drying on my non-oily areas of my skin and it makes my eyes water something fierce, but if it continues to kick my pimples butt, I will continue to suffer through that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by clumpy_dumpy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is really effective as a mask. I use this when I'm breaking out and my blemishes always looks less noticeable the next day. Its also great at prevent acne. I've used it a few times as a cleanser but I feel like it's too strong and drying for everyday use.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Karrrluh

I remember using this 5 or so years ago. But stopped using it since it bleached everything. But recently, i was in a desperate need to clear my acne and remember that it did work for me back then but i just didn't like that bleaching fact. So i decided to buy again, and it did nothing but make my blemishes more red and cause more pimples, i also noticed that it was way too drying for my combination skin ( oily t-zone, dry chin,normal cheeks). So i didn't hit the jackpot on this product.