July 30, 2014 | 2087 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK.. I used to be one othose girls that cringe at the sight of an expensive MAC brush.. aren't all brushes the same?! But after countless times of scraping my beloved MAC shadows, convinced that I needed to pack more product onto my eyes (and failing everytime!), I knew I needed to try one of these brushes. OMG... I'm in love! The 239 packs on color like a dream, is fabulous at blending along my lid (I love the gradient effect!), and never loses its shape (even after multiple waashes!). Also, all I need for an intense lid color is one simple swipe from my shadow pot. :)

I know, I know, the brush is ridiculously expensive.. but it's worth every penny. Trust me. A brush, if properly taken care of, can last years!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I could only have ONE makeup brush, this one would be it. I love that this brush is small - it adds to its versatility. I use this everyday to apply shadow to my inner corners, to my main lid (all-over color), to my crease, to my lash line (for a smokey liner look), and even to my brow bone (highlight). This brush can do it all! If you are skilled enough, you can also use this for blending a darker color into your outer corner. The bristles are super soft, and they never lose their shape after hundreds of washes. This brush is a must-have for anyone who uses eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by budaflykisz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please take it from me-I was that person that would say-I'm not spending $20 on a brush! But my makeup just was never "right" IMO. My aunt bought me the brush betting me I'd love it (and the 217) and she was absolutely right! This makes application a dream. I have since bought 2 more-it's absolutely a great brush and worth the investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

Another LOVE brush for me. As others mentioned, great for packing on color due to the densely packed bristles. It is soft, and stiff enough to pack on color. As for blending with this brush, it lightens out color and can be used for that purpose if I want, but when I want vibrant color, the blending brush is better for that. I also use this to put on controlled darker colors in my crease before blending, and for smoothing out my pencil eyeliner. Many uses for this brush that works for me. I have a separate small towel to wipe out my brush between a single time use for my different purposes. Give it a try, and remember to keep the plastic packaging and receipt (just in case you don't love it as much as I do).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

A complete must-have!!
it gives you the most neutral look to a highly smokey look...!
I was never into eye-makeup for a long long time but somehow got initiated by my frnd into it...and now i dont leave my house without a subtle shadow onto my eyes!
I have only tried MAC so far for my eyes...and im quite amazed with the awesome collection of shadows & brushes they have!
I own 6 brushes by MAC...they all rock! this one is a newly added to my brush-collection! Initially i used to do my entire eye-look with 217 & 249! After using this brush, i wonder how i lived w/o it!
Its a soft yet densely packed brush and picks up the right amount of product!! I use it for my eye-lids and crease...it gives a nice neutral look and packs the exact amount of shadow required! Very multi-purpose and a must have !! Only one drawback- its very very expensive but I am sure it will last me for a long time if taken care properly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by jonz

Yes, this is just a brush, but this has had a huge difference in how much less clumsy I feel putting on eye makeup and I am finally getting getting eye shadow colours where I want them. As a result, this brush and the MAC 217 blending brush is giving me a far more professional look than I have ever been able to achieve before.

Although these brushes are expensive, I think a couple of good brushes are more important than having dozens of eyeshadow colours that you are putting on badly :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by irinabj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wondefull brush that I think everybody who are applying eye shadows should have. I'm new with the brush applications of my eye shadows, becuase all my life I used eye shadow's applicator that came with eye shadows kits. Well, this is the one brush that make a transition is easy to make. I love it, however it's expensive, but other than this I would recomend to everyone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sll74

i paid about $22-25 for this. i can't remember because it's been awhile but it's listed as $24.50 on the mac website. anyway, i LOVE it. it grabs color well and deposits precisely on the lid. once i figured out this was the tool for applying paint pots i was able to use them effortlessly. i clean this brush with a spray cleaner and it looks like new again. great investment for girls that take their eyeshadow seriously!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by oo_mimi_oo

i don't know what i ever did without this brush. this has made eyeshadow application EASY! it's firm, yet the bristles are soft. it's just the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I picked up this brush yesterday together with the mineralize eyeshadow trio word of mouth because the SA said this is the best brush to use for the eyeshadow. It is the most expensive MAC brush I had yet, at $47 it better be good!

And boy yes it is- it applys eyeshadow much better then the 217 I was previously using when I tried applying eyeshadow last night. The colour packs so well that my eyes were intense,something that I haven't seen before with my other e/s brushes. I'm now reserving my 217 for blending!

I still find the price to be atrocious- I wished it was cheaper because I'm still a student.