December 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by itzjuzKT

You can never go wrong w/ MAC brushes especially their eye brushes, I loved the 217 for picking up shadows and blending, however, the 239 picks up the color precisely and just enough on your lid. The bristles are very soft and well made and though it is a lot for some people it is an investment in the long run and with a MAC brush, even the dirt cheap eyeshadow can appear amazing on you

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MACs brushes r LOVE!!! they make everything so much more perfect and beautiful. this eyeshadow brush is awesome. picks up more/less than u need. always the perfect amount. the shadow never falls off onto unwanted areas of ur face. correctly goes on ur eye where put. amazing. the MAC SA told me if i ever was gonna buy a brush of any kind, THIS needed to be it. and ive nvr looked back. ive had 2 in the last 4 years. i wash vigorously, frequently. and only buy a new one every 2 yrs cuz im a germ phob. but WOW!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best brush for applying color to the lid, espcially pigments. I spray my brush with Fix+ and then pick up pigment and apply to lid. The fix+ keeps the pigment from falling from the brush and helps give a smooth finish. This brush is not good for blending, but it puts the color exactly where you want it on the lid.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say I am every bit as in love with this brush as most people on here. I didn't believe the hype for many years about brushes being essential in achieving the 'look'. Look, just buy it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm I think the raves for this brush on the site are more Hype than deserved. I bought this and have been using for about 3 weeks and do not see any difference to my Laura Mercier Eye shadow brush. Based on all the commentary and the number of times this is recommended on the borads I did expect a bit more. While the brush make is easy to apply eye shadow it is not any better than BB or other brands out there. I really regret not buying the Prescriptices Eye Paint brush which is a bit thicker. I think I would return this if I could based on the fact that I already have one from LM. I expected a super product just to find that it is not that super after all. For those looking for a eye shadow brush and do not already have one then this will work fine - it is a very soft brush and the quality is not bad. If you already have one that is functional then it is not worth it to get this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK.. I used to be one othose girls that cringe at the sight of an expensive MAC brush.. aren't all brushes the same?! But after countless times of scraping my beloved MAC shadows, convinced that I needed to pack more product onto my eyes (and failing everytime!), I knew I needed to try one of these brushes. OMG... I'm in love! The 239 packs on color like a dream, is fabulous at blending along my lid (I love the gradient effect!), and never loses its shape (even after multiple waashes!). Also, all I need for an intense lid color is one simple swipe from my shadow pot. :)

I know, I know, the brush is ridiculously expensive.. but it's worth every penny. Trust me. A brush, if properly taken care of, can last years!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I could only have ONE makeup brush, this one would be it. I love that this brush is small - it adds to its versatility. I use this everyday to apply shadow to my inner corners, to my main lid (all-over color), to my crease, to my lash line (for a smokey liner look), and even to my brow bone (highlight). This brush can do it all! If you are skilled enough, you can also use this for blending a darker color into your outer corner. The bristles are super soft, and they never lose their shape after hundreds of washes. This brush is a must-have for anyone who uses eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by budaflykisz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please take it from me-I was that person that would say-I'm not spending $20 on a brush! But my makeup just was never "right" IMO. My aunt bought me the brush betting me I'd love it (and the 217) and she was absolutely right! This makes application a dream. I have since bought 2 more-it's absolutely a great brush and worth the investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryJuice

Another LOVE brush for me. As others mentioned, great for packing on color due to the densely packed bristles. It is soft, and stiff enough to pack on color. As for blending with this brush, it lightens out color and can be used for that purpose if I want, but when I want vibrant color, the blending brush is better for that. I also use this to put on controlled darker colors in my crease before blending, and for smoothing out my pencil eyeliner. Many uses for this brush that works for me. I have a separate small towel to wipe out my brush between a single time use for my different purposes. Give it a try, and remember to keep the plastic packaging and receipt (just in case you don't love it as much as I do).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

A complete must-have!!
it gives you the most neutral look to a highly smokey look...!
I was never into eye-makeup for a long long time but somehow got initiated by my frnd into it...and now i dont leave my house without a subtle shadow onto my eyes!
I have only tried MAC so far for my eyes...and im quite amazed with the awesome collection of shadows & brushes they have!
I own 6 brushes by MAC...they all rock! this one is a newly added to my brush-collection! Initially i used to do my entire eye-look with 217 & 249! After using this brush, i wonder how i lived w/o it!
Its a soft yet densely packed brush and picks up the right amount of product!! I use it for my eye-lids and crease...it gives a nice neutral look and packs the exact amount of shadow required! Very multi-purpose and a must have !! Only one drawback- its very very expensive but I am sure it will last me for a long time if taken care properly.