April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

A complete must-have!!
it gives you the most neutral look to a highly smokey look...!
I was never into eye-makeup for a long long time but somehow got initiated by my frnd into it...and now i dont leave my house without a subtle shadow onto my eyes!
I have only tried MAC so far for my eyes...and im quite amazed with the awesome collection of shadows & brushes they have!
I own 6 brushes by MAC...they all rock! this one is a newly added to my brush-collection! Initially i used to do my entire eye-look with 217 & 249! After using this brush, i wonder how i lived w/o it!
Its a soft yet densely packed brush and picks up the right amount of product!! I use it for my eye-lids and crease...it gives a nice neutral look and packs the exact amount of shadow required! Very multi-purpose and a must have !! Only one drawback- its very very expensive but I am sure it will last me for a long time if taken care properly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by jonz

Yes, this is just a brush, but this has had a huge difference in how much less clumsy I feel putting on eye makeup and I am finally getting getting eye shadow colours where I want them. As a result, this brush and the MAC 217 blending brush is giving me a far more professional look than I have ever been able to achieve before.

Although these brushes are expensive, I think a couple of good brushes are more important than having dozens of eyeshadow colours that you are putting on badly :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by irinabj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wondefull brush that I think everybody who are applying eye shadows should have. I'm new with the brush applications of my eye shadows, becuase all my life I used eye shadow's applicator that came with eye shadows kits. Well, this is the one brush that make a transition is easy to make. I love it, however it's expensive, but other than this I would recomend to everyone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sll74

i paid about $22-25 for this. i can't remember because it's been awhile but it's listed as $24.50 on the mac website. anyway, i LOVE it. it grabs color well and deposits precisely on the lid. once i figured out this was the tool for applying paint pots i was able to use them effortlessly. i clean this brush with a spray cleaner and it looks like new again. great investment for girls that take their eyeshadow seriously!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by oo_mimi_oo

i don't know what i ever did without this brush. this has made eyeshadow application EASY! it's firm, yet the bristles are soft. it's just the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked up this brush yesterday together with the mineralize eyeshadow trio word of mouth because the SA said this is the best brush to use for the eyeshadow. It is the most expensive MAC brush I had yet, at $47 it better be good!

And boy yes it is- it applys eyeshadow much better then the 217 I was previously using when I tried applying eyeshadow last night. The colour packs so well that my eyes were intense,something that I haven't seen before with my other e/s brushes. I'm now reserving my 217 for blending!

I still find the price to be atrocious- I wished it was cheaper because I'm still a student.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

I really like this brush.
Great for packing on colour, as heaps of people have said. There's not much to add on lol, but yeh it's really great =D

I think its on the pricey side? But it's worth it =D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my first MAC brush. I have to say that I really like the versatility of this brush. It's great or getting color on the lid. I can use it to create a subtle wash of color or to pack it on and make it really pop. I also can use the tip to smudge out a crease color into the lid color. If you ever buy a MAC brush, make it this one. You're never going to run out of uses for it, and with proper care, it'll last you ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by bigred4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am OBSESSED with this brush! I've been using MAC shadows for almost 4 years but just bought the brush about a year ago and what a difference it made in my makeup! When I was using the cheap brushes my colors always seemed to mush into one and not really "pop" - but when I use this brush, my colors are distinct and POP! Definite A+++++!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 5:01:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty05

I got this in the Heirlooms brush set and I didn't use it for months because I have brushes that are similar to it so I thought I'll just keep using the ones I got (Napoleon Perdis) anyway I decided to pull this brush out and just give it a go. WOW! The color payoff I get with this brush compared to previous makes the other brushes SH*T. It's quite soft while still being flexible. It takes me half the time to apply my eyshadows.
The brush hair fibers are quite dense which makes applying eyeshadow sooo nice.

A must have brush. A+.