Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

I'm asian and my hair is fairly long and has been dyed a dark brown and has probably 3 different colored highlights in it. The lightest highlight is a caramel blonde. From that, you can probably guess that my hair is not in super shape. After reading all the rave reviews on this product, I decided to give it a go. I found that the product was slippery and practically disintigrated when it touched water. Meaning as soon as I poured some in my hand, it was gone. I honestly found that it did nothing for my hair. Perhaps it is because I didn't leave it in long enough or use enough, I'm not sure. I haven't used it since, but I stil have practically a full bottle, so maybe i'll give it another try.

on 9/14/2003 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great deep conditioner. I have fine hair that can be greasy, dull, and lifeless, so I need to be careful about the deep conditioners I buy - some of them weigh my hair down. When I first squeezed this out of the tube, I noticed how light it felt. It also smells wonderful, but I love banana. Anyway I left it in my hair for a few minutes, and it left it soft, shiny, and bouncy even without blow-drying. This product is not cheap - 25 dollars for a 10.5-oz. tube at the salon - but try the little bottle and see for yourself. And if you don't use it everyday, only when you're going out (as I do), it's quite a bargain.

on 8/29/2003 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was very sceptic about this product, even after reading all the reviews. I have very dry and coarse curly hair, that have been damaged by highlights kept in for too long. The first time I used the treatment it made my hair feel very "hard" and I felt a bit let down by all the promises. Although later during the day I could see that my hair was shining much more than it used too. Last night I used it again and left it on the whole night. This morning when I rinsed it, my hair feels so soft, it is amazing! I really love this product and will definitely keep on using it!

on 8/24/2003 2:52:00 AM

HORRILBE!!!

Don't buy it. Don't even give it a try if someone gave you a freebie!!! HORRIBLE!

I have colored hair. It's a little dry, so I decided to give this a try. I heard great thing about it.

However, after the first time, I felt as those my hair was a straw broom!! Awful! Very difficult to style. It kept on tangling.

But I it another chance. So the next time I shampooed, I used it again.

Absolutely horrendous!!!! After the drying the hair, it looked a witch's broom. I noticed my head was full of split ends!

It gave me split ends! SPLIT ENDS!

I had to make an apppointment to get a haircut ASAP!

I had about 2 inches chopped off. All because of this terrible product!!!

Please don't buy it. Don't even try it!

Try Kerastase. Much more wonderful...it will make your hair so beautiful and soft!

on 7/24/2003 11:19:00 PM

Slimy weird texture, but oh-so-effective! I had my hair chemically straightened, and using this gave me a sheet of perfect, shiny, full-bodied hair! Seriously, discovering permanent straightening and this product are the epitomes for my thick, coarse, wavy Asian hair. I love being able to just wash and wear, secure my hair is picture perfect, and not worry that my hair seemed at all damaged. Love it!

on 7/23/2003 2:57:00 AM

I agree with many reviewers here. This really helps my highlighted hair become soft, shiny and full of bounce. I will repurchase this even though it smells like banana milkshake gone bad;-)

on 7/23/2003 2:07:00 AM

Yeah, I got my hair highlighted the other day and she left the color on way too long. The result: dry,porus, tangles,knots, GOD IT was terrrrrrrrrrrible it felt so stiff and straw like almost like wood :(. She told me that the dryness will go away but she didnt' tell me what I should so about it. So, I heard so many wonderful things about this so I went to the nearest store and got some! yay I was so excited. The ingridents say it has "human keratin" which is a protein that makes up hair right? I guess this is why it made my hair a healthier. My hair now that was a big ol mess with tangles and frizz looks allllllllot better like a miracle I was thinking of getting extensions its that bad , but now it looks "decent". I'm guessing if I use this more just maybe it will repair completely I hope so . but, I couldn't wait to review this because I already think its wonderful. I an actually put my hands through my hair with out any tangles . It still feels slighly dry but i'm still happy compared how it use to be. I'm gonna update this later. hth

on 7/9/2003 1:32:00 AM

I use this about once a week and my hair always thanks me for it! I'm not nuts about the scent, but it doesn't really last, so I can cope with it. (It's not gag-inducing, just not my favorite fragrance, something like a banana/pineapple combo). Scent aside, this does a fantastic job as a deep conditioner. I really believe this is what keeps my hair free of split ends between trims -- I constantly heat style my hair, but this stuff helps it stay shiny and healthy. And it's not one to weigh my hair down or leave it feeling coated and greasy either. It's about $18 for a tube, but well worth it! continued >>

on 7/8/2003 9:49:00 AM

I bought this awhile ago at the end of December when I had just gotten red and blond highlights. My then-stylist swore it would repair my hair and make it beautiful. Well...that sorta came true. I'm not too crazy about the weird banana smell. It was hard to spread around. I left it in for 5 minutes as per the instructions, then rinsed. This is a protein treatment so it didn't really leave my hair as soft as I wanted it to be. Basically, my hair still felt straw-like, probably due to the high protein content. I guess it did strenghten my hair somewhat. I used this about once a week for three weeks, then shoved it under the sink. Maybe I need to leave it on longer. Oh well, I've found better deep conditioners that I like, such as Crede ER and Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can not tell you how much I love this product. I had my colored hair straightened and the ends were like straw. I used this once a week now and leave on overnight. After I rinse out in the morning I have the most wonderfully silky, soft, shiny, manageable hair EVER! Never has a product worked this well on my hair. I used to swear by Fekkai Shea Butter Mask, but this puts that to shame. I love the smell. The consistency is a bit watery, but it makes it easy to evenly distribute instead of a heavy cream. I just love the way this makes my hair look and feel. I bought it off ebay and only paid 1/3 of the regular retail price - what a bargain! I will continue to use this religiously!