Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

I use this product once a week before I use the FF shea butter moisturizing mask. It is part of my weekly routine that has made my hair healthy again. Since protein can dry hair out if left on for too long or used too often, I use it once a week, and I only leave it on for the amount of time stated on the package. It has strengthened my hair and has helped my straw-like hair become normal again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wonderful stuff. By the time I go to rinse it out, it feels like it's all been absorbed by my hair. Smells great. A bit expensive, but you don't use it everyday.

This was recommended by a stylist for my fried hair. She said this would repair my hair. I don't think so. I shampooed my hair with Karite, put this on my hair for 15 minutes with plastic wrap, washed it out and put on the Karite conditioner for 45 minutes. My hair is like straw now. When I tried to get a comb through this mop this morning, there was a ton of broken hair falling in the sink. I don't know if this did it, or the Karite.
I think this product is more hype than anything. It's overpriced IMO and does not go a long way.
Not a happy camper.
On a positive note the scent is pleasant.

Great strengthening conditioner/treatment. I do this once a week, and I buy the generic from Sally's for $5. Fifteen minutes wrapped in a plastic cap/hot towel followed by 30 minutes of a deep conditioner like L'Oreal's Nature Therapy or Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask will leave you with a new, soft, strong shiny head of hair!

Update: Spend the extra $$ and buy the original instead of the Sally's knock off...the original made my hair so soft and slippery and strong after leaving it on for 30 mins under a heatcap. Texture is a bit runnier than the knockoff, but the performance is about 100x better!

the smell is nice but it does nothing for hair

I love this stuff for my fine/curly/colour-damaged hair. I used it once or twice weekly right after I got my highlights redone, and once a week now (following it with regular conditioner is nice, but not necessary on my hair - I'm protein-friendly), and it improved my hair texture no end. I would highly recommend this for anyone who has had their hair processed, and who would like to strengthen it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this stuff. My hair is thin, part dry, part oily, and this stuff makes my hair feel so luxurious! The only thing is if you keep it around too long the consistency becomes a little clumpy and it doesn't work anymore. I rarely buy the same hair products twice, but this is one exception!

The best protein treatment for my thick, waist length, medium/coarse, wavy hair. Yes, it is lumpy and pretty runny and no, it isn't moisturizing--but protein treatments generally aren't. The whole idea is to first use a protein mask, then rinse, and THEN apply a deep moisture mask. Only then will you reap its benefits, otherwise you'll risk straw-like hair. Protein treatment alone=knotty mess. Moisture treatment alone=good hair. A protein treatment and then a Moisture mask=hair commercial hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay, so let me start by saying that I am slightly obsessive compulsive when it comes to my hair. Yes, I actually left a party early last night, JUST so I could return home and deep condition my hair. True story. Im one of those people who take great pride in their hair - I could be wearing a Prada dress and Manolos but if my hair wasn't done I would feel like crap. It doesn't matter how done up I am, I wont feel good unless I spent time on my hair. So, with that out of the way. I have just below/at the shoulder hair. Its naturally curly, thick and frizzy if left to dry naturally. I blow dry my hair everyday and finish with a ceramic flat iron. I know - its alot of heat and stress but its worth it. That being said - I am a conditioner freak. I noticed a couple split ends the other week, and my hair was kinda dry. I bought the k-pac hearing all these rave reviews. Being the freak I am, I applied it at 11:00pm, wrapped my hair is plastic wrap, stuck my ski cap on and went to bed. I washed it out at 9am the next morning. I noticed that my hair was alot softer, and fuller (well...it felt thicker). When I first took of the plastic I had perfectly defined curls (too bad, if I had just rinsed and blotted it would have looked great), but I decided to straighten for the ultimate test. Im not sure if I noticed a BIG difference, Im sure it would have been the same if I had applied my regular conditioner overnight (which Im going to start...Im going to alternate between my Biolage ultra hydrating and K-pac). Im sure I will notice a bigger difference in time.
What didn't I like? Well...lets start by saying that despite all those that didn't like the smell...I LIKED the smell (banana meets coconut) when I first had it on, but when I woke up...the smell was quite nausating - but then again, most anything would be nausating when you've had it on your head for 10 hours. All in all, its okay. I would rec. it for someone with REALLY dry and noticially damaged hair - not for someone like me who just THINKS they have damaged hair. I do heat style alot, but I keep my hair in excellent condition to begin with. If your hair is like mine, you are better off buying a cheap conditioner from the drugstore and leaving it in overnight. If you have truly damaged hair...this could be your HG. Overall, I probally wouldn't buy this again unless my hair was seriously damaged. Next time I'll invest in some bulk size plastic wrap and my good old Thermasilk or Biolage.
Oh, forgot to say...the consistancy was quite runny - very had to apply. I originally put it on my wet hair and wrapped my head. Then water started to drip everywhere, so I had to take the plastic off, blot my hair and re-apply the k-pac.

I'm asian and my hair is fairly long and has been dyed a dark brown and has probably 3 different colored highlights in it. The lightest highlight is a caramel blonde. From that, you can probably guess that my hair is not in super shape. After reading all the rave reviews on this product, I decided to give it a go. I found that the product was slippery and practically disintigrated when it touched water. Meaning as soon as I poured some in my hand, it was gone. I honestly found that it did nothing for my hair. Perhaps it is because I didn't leave it in long enough or use enough, I'm not sure. I haven't used it since, but I stil have practically a full bottle, so maybe i'll give it another try.