September 30, 2014 | 2016 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2003 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Neve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Slimy weird texture, but oh-so-effective! I had my hair chemically straightened, and using this gave me a sheet of perfect, shiny, full-bodied hair! Seriously, discovering permanent straightening and this product are the epitomes for my thick, coarse, wavy Asian hair. I love being able to just wash and wear, secure my hair is picture perfect, and not worry that my hair seemed at all damaged. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Feigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with many reviewers here. This really helps my highlighted hair become soft, shiny and full of bounce. I will repurchase this even though it smells like banana milkshake gone bad;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ClassyChicka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yeah, I got my hair highlighted the other day and she left the color on way too long. The result: dry,porus, tangles,knots, GOD IT was terrrrrrrrrrrible it felt so stiff and straw like almost like wood :(. She told me that the dryness will go away but she didnt' tell me what I should so about it. So, I heard so many wonderful things about this so I went to the nearest store and got some! yay I was so excited. The ingridents say it has "human keratin" which is a protein that makes up hair right? I guess this is why it made my hair a healthier. My hair now that was a big ol mess with tangles and frizz looks allllllllot better like a miracle I was thinking of getting extensions its that bad , but now it looks "decent". I'm guessing if I use this more just maybe it will repair completely I hope so . but, I couldn't wait to review this because I already think its wonderful. I an actually put my hands through my hair with out any tangles . It still feels slighly dry but i'm still happy compared how it use to be. I'm gonna update this later. hth

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Aiko_Aiko

I use this about once a week and my hair always thanks me for it! I'm not nuts about the scent, but it doesn't really last, so I can cope with it. (It's not gag-inducing, just not my favorite fragrance, something like a banana/pineapple combo). Scent aside, this does a fantastic job as a deep conditioner. I really believe this is what keeps my hair free of split ends between trims -- I constantly heat style my hair, but this stuff helps it stay shiny and healthy. And it's not one to weigh my hair down or leave it feeling coated and greasy either. It's about $18 for a tube, but well worth it! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by kls17

I bought this awhile ago at the end of December when I had just gotten red and blond highlights. My then-stylist swore it would repair my hair and make it beautiful. Well...that sorta came true. I'm not too crazy about the weird banana smell. It was hard to spread around. I left it in for 5 minutes as per the instructions, then rinsed. This is a protein treatment so it didn't really leave my hair as soft as I wanted it to be. Basically, my hair still felt straw-like, probably due to the high protein content. I guess it did strenghten my hair somewhat. I used this about once a week for three weeks, then shoved it under the sink. Maybe I need to leave it on longer. Oh well, I've found better deep conditioners that I like, such as Crede ER and Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2003 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Silleltlgurl

I can not tell you how much I love this product. I had my colored hair straightened and the ends were like straw. I used this once a week now and leave on overnight. After I rinse out in the morning I have the most wonderfully silky, soft, shiny, manageable hair EVER! Never has a product worked this well on my hair. I used to swear by Fekkai Shea Butter Mask, but this puts that to shame. I love the smell. The consistency is a bit watery, but it makes it easy to evenly distribute instead of a heavy cream. I just love the way this makes my hair look and feel. I bought it off ebay and only paid 1/3 of the regular retail price - what a bargain! I will continue to use this religiously!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2003 More reviews by jlynn167

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product smells and feels like smashed bananas. I believe this product does do what it's promised but you have to load it on and the price tag is not dirt cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 4:09:00 PM More reviews by clover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this product, but I can't get over the goofy texture and expensive price tag. I feel like I need to use a lot just to condition, and for the job it does it is not worth the money. KMS Moisture Replace Reconstructor is a much better product with a comparable price tag, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 10:14:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

I like this. Joico has some great deals, I got this and the smoothing cream for only $15 bucks (should have been over $32). This smells fabulous, sort of like gingerbread. I left it on for 1.5 hours and then rinsed. It made my hair soft and healthy, and didn't weigh it down. I also used this for 5 minutes and notice much smoother, softer hair. My hair is highlighted and I blow dry it straight, and often follow up with a flat-iron, and this is going to be a great product for keeping it healthy looking, shiny and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2003 11:13:00 AM More reviews by whisper

Not sure how I feel about this product. First off, this ain't cheap! lol, no kidding - I forked over a hefty $15 &change for it (and that doesn't even include the tax!) In my opinion, that's a lot of dough for a tube of conditioner. Then again, I am desperate to find that perfect deep conditioning treatment for my locks, and so I'm willing to pay the price for something if it delivers the promised results. I brought it home with high hopes and visions of silky smooth hair. (mainly from others' reviews of it on here). By the way, I have long, thick, course hair that tends to be rather dry and, therefore, damaged (thanks to regular use of a blow dryer + straightening iron). To get to my point, the first time I used it, I was not impressed. In fact, afterwards I had a nasty patch of irritation (rash?) on the back of my neck that took a few days to clear up completely. This made me upset, to say the very least. I grew increasingly more suspicious that the K-Pak I had held so highly might be the culprit..the results after drying and styling as usual were nothing miraculous either. But I thought "at least my hair's not any WORSE." (which is something I'd rather not have going through my head after just having paid nearly $20 for something that was supposedly a miracle product for the hair. sheesh!) I waited a week and a half, waited till the irritation on my neck vanished totally, and gave K-Pak another go. The second time, I do have to say that I was pleased with the end result. "PHEW!" I thought. At long last. My hair was indeed shiny and silky smooth, and it smelled pretty great too (like a tropical cocktail - refreshing). It defied the humidity better than usual, and I have to say that it remained true to its claims (finally). My conslusion is that you just have to try it for yourself and see...and, well, if you develop any form of a rash on the surrounding areas of skin, you won't be TOO shocked! Still, in the end, I give it the benefit of the doubt. I'll keep using, but that is likely only because I'd feel like a jipped fool for not using it, now that I paid for the stuff and own it.. lol...Good luck!