Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

the smell is nice but it does nothing for hair

on 11/17/2003 10:11:00 PM

I love this stuff for my fine/curly/colour-damaged hair. I used it once or twice weekly right after I got my highlights redone, and once a week now (following it with regular conditioner is nice, but not necessary on my hair - I'm protein-friendly), and it improved my hair texture no end. I would highly recommend this for anyone who has had their hair processed, and who would like to strengthen it.

on 10/25/2003 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this stuff. My hair is thin, part dry, part oily, and this stuff makes my hair feel so luxurious! The only thing is if you keep it around too long the consistency becomes a little clumpy and it doesn't work anymore. I rarely buy the same hair products twice, but this is one exception!

on 10/23/2003 11:51:00 AM

The best protein treatment for my thick, waist length, medium/coarse, wavy hair. Yes, it is lumpy and pretty runny and no, it isn't moisturizing--but protein treatments generally aren't. The whole idea is to first use a protein mask, then rinse, and THEN apply a deep moisture mask. Only then will you reap its benefits, otherwise you'll risk straw-like hair. Protein treatment alone=knotty mess. Moisture treatment alone=good hair. A protein treatment and then a Moisture mask=hair commercial hair.

on 10/19/2003 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay, so let me start by saying that I am slightly obsessive compulsive when it comes to my hair. Yes, I actually left a party early last night, JUST so I could return home and deep condition my hair. True story. Im one of those people who take great pride in their hair - I could be wearing a Prada dress and Manolos but if my hair wasn't done I would feel like crap. It doesn't matter how done up I am, I wont feel good unless I spent time on my hair. So, with that out of the way. I have just below/at the shoulder hair. Its naturally curly, thick and frizzy if left to dry naturally. I blow dry my hair everyday and finish with a ceramic flat iron. I know - its alot of heat and stress but its worth it. That being said - I am a conditioner freak. I noticed a couple split ends the other week, and my hair was kinda dry. I bought the k-pac hearing all these rave reviews. Being the freak I am, I applied it at 11:00pm, wrapped my hair is plastic wrap, stuck my ski cap on and went to bed. I washed it out at 9am the next morning. I noticed that my hair was alot softer, and fuller (well...it felt thicker). When I first took of the plastic I had perfectly defined curls (too bad, if I had just rinsed and blotted it would have looked great), but I decided to straighten for the ultimate test. Im not sure if I noticed a BIG difference, Im sure it would have been the same if I had applied my regular conditioner overnight (which Im going to start...Im going to alternate between my Biolage ultra hydrating and K-pac). Im sure I will notice a bigger difference in time.
What didn't I like? Well...lets start by saying that despite all those that didn't like the smell...I LIKED the smell (banana meets coconut) when I first had it on, but when I woke up...the smell was quite nausating - but then again, most anything would be nausating when you've had it on your head for 10 hours. All in all, its okay. I would rec. it for someone with REALLY dry and noticially damaged hair - not for someone like me who just THINKS they have damaged hair. I do heat style alot, but I keep my hair in excellent condition to begin with. If your hair is like mine, you are better off buying a cheap conditioner from the drugstore and leaving it in overnight. If you have truly damaged hair...this could be your HG. Overall, I probally wouldn't buy this again unless my hair was seriously damaged. Next time I'll invest in some bulk size plastic wrap and my good old Thermasilk or Biolage.
Oh, forgot to say...the consistancy was quite runny - very had to apply. I originally put it on my wet hair and wrapped my head. Then water started to drip everywhere, so I had to take the plastic off, blot my hair and re-apply the k-pac.

I'm asian and my hair is fairly long and has been dyed a dark brown and has probably 3 different colored highlights in it. The lightest highlight is a caramel blonde. From that, you can probably guess that my hair is not in super shape. After reading all the rave reviews on this product, I decided to give it a go. I found that the product was slippery and practically disintigrated when it touched water. Meaning as soon as I poured some in my hand, it was gone. I honestly found that it did nothing for my hair. Perhaps it is because I didn't leave it in long enough or use enough, I'm not sure. I haven't used it since, but I stil have practically a full bottle, so maybe i'll give it another try.

on 9/14/2003 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great deep conditioner. I have fine hair that can be greasy, dull, and lifeless, so I need to be careful about the deep conditioners I buy - some of them weigh my hair down. When I first squeezed this out of the tube, I noticed how light it felt. It also smells wonderful, but I love banana. Anyway I left it in my hair for a few minutes, and it left it soft, shiny, and bouncy even without blow-drying. This product is not cheap - 25 dollars for a 10.5-oz. tube at the salon - but try the little bottle and see for yourself. And if you don't use it everyday, only when you're going out (as I do), it's quite a bargain.

on 8/29/2003 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was very sceptic about this product, even after reading all the reviews. I have very dry and coarse curly hair, that have been damaged by highlights kept in for too long. The first time I used the treatment it made my hair feel very "hard" and I felt a bit let down by all the promises. Although later during the day I could see that my hair was shining much more than it used too. Last night I used it again and left it on the whole night. This morning when I rinsed it, my hair feels so soft, it is amazing! I really love this product and will definitely keep on using it!

on 8/24/2003 2:52:00 AM

HORRILBE!!!

Don't buy it. Don't even give it a try if someone gave you a freebie!!! HORRIBLE!

I have colored hair. It's a little dry, so I decided to give this a try. I heard great thing about it.

However, after the first time, I felt as those my hair was a straw broom!! Awful! Very difficult to style. It kept on tangling.

But I it another chance. So the next time I shampooed, I used it again.

Absolutely horrendous!!!! After the drying the hair, it looked a witch's broom. I noticed my head was full of split ends!

It gave me split ends! SPLIT ENDS!

I had to make an apppointment to get a haircut ASAP!

I had about 2 inches chopped off. All because of this terrible product!!!

Please don't buy it. Don't even try it!

Try Kerastase. Much more wonderful...it will make your hair so beautiful and soft!

on 7/24/2003 11:19:00 PM

Slimy weird texture, but oh-so-effective! I had my hair chemically straightened, and using this gave me a sheet of perfect, shiny, full-bodied hair! Seriously, discovering permanent straightening and this product are the epitomes for my thick, coarse, wavy Asian hair. I love being able to just wash and wear, secure my hair is picture perfect, and not worry that my hair seemed at all damaged. Love it!