January 26, 2015 | 1731 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2003 2:52:00 AM More reviews by pennyhoney

HORRILBE!!!

Don't buy it. Don't even give it a try if someone gave you a freebie!!! HORRIBLE!

I have colored hair. It's a little dry, so I decided to give this a try. I heard great thing about it.

However, after the first time, I felt as those my hair was a straw broom!! Awful! Very difficult to style. It kept on tangling.

But I it another chance. So the next time I shampooed, I used it again.

Absolutely horrendous!!!! After the drying the hair, it looked a witch's broom. I noticed my head was full of split ends!

It gave me split ends! SPLIT ENDS!

I had to make an apppointment to get a haircut ASAP!

I had about 2 inches chopped off. All because of this terrible product!!!

Please don't buy it. Don't even try it!

Try Kerastase. Much more wonderful...it will make your hair so beautiful and soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2003 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Neve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Slimy weird texture, but oh-so-effective! I had my hair chemically straightened, and using this gave me a sheet of perfect, shiny, full-bodied hair! Seriously, discovering permanent straightening and this product are the epitomes for my thick, coarse, wavy Asian hair. I love being able to just wash and wear, secure my hair is picture perfect, and not worry that my hair seemed at all damaged. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Feigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with many reviewers here. This really helps my highlighted hair become soft, shiny and full of bounce. I will repurchase this even though it smells like banana milkshake gone bad;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ClassyChicka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yeah, I got my hair highlighted the other day and she left the color on way too long. The result: dry,porus, tangles,knots, GOD IT was terrrrrrrrrrrible it felt so stiff and straw like almost like wood :(. She told me that the dryness will go away but she didnt' tell me what I should so about it. So, I heard so many wonderful things about this so I went to the nearest store and got some! yay I was so excited. The ingridents say it has "human keratin" which is a protein that makes up hair right? I guess this is why it made my hair a healthier. My hair now that was a big ol mess with tangles and frizz looks allllllllot better like a miracle I was thinking of getting extensions its that bad , but now it looks "decent". I'm guessing if I use this more just maybe it will repair completely I hope so . but, I couldn't wait to review this because I already think its wonderful. I an actually put my hands through my hair with out any tangles . It still feels slighly dry but i'm still happy compared how it use to be. I'm gonna update this later. hth

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Aiko_Aiko

I use this about once a week and my hair always thanks me for it! I'm not nuts about the scent, but it doesn't really last, so I can cope with it. (It's not gag-inducing, just not my favorite fragrance, something like a banana/pineapple combo). Scent aside, this does a fantastic job as a deep conditioner. I really believe this is what keeps my hair free of split ends between trims -- I constantly heat style my hair, but this stuff helps it stay shiny and healthy. And it's not one to weigh my hair down or leave it feeling coated and greasy either. It's about $18 for a tube, but well worth it! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by kls17

I bought this awhile ago at the end of December when I had just gotten red and blond highlights. My then-stylist swore it would repair my hair and make it beautiful. Well...that sorta came true. I'm not too crazy about the weird banana smell. It was hard to spread around. I left it in for 5 minutes as per the instructions, then rinsed. This is a protein treatment so it didn't really leave my hair as soft as I wanted it to be. Basically, my hair still felt straw-like, probably due to the high protein content. I guess it did strenghten my hair somewhat. I used this about once a week for three weeks, then shoved it under the sink. Maybe I need to leave it on longer. Oh well, I've found better deep conditioners that I like, such as Crede ER and Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2003 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Silleltlgurl

I can not tell you how much I love this product. I had my colored hair straightened and the ends were like straw. I used this once a week now and leave on overnight. After I rinse out in the morning I have the most wonderfully silky, soft, shiny, manageable hair EVER! Never has a product worked this well on my hair. I used to swear by Fekkai Shea Butter Mask, but this puts that to shame. I love the smell. The consistency is a bit watery, but it makes it easy to evenly distribute instead of a heavy cream. I just love the way this makes my hair look and feel. I bought it off ebay and only paid 1/3 of the regular retail price - what a bargain! I will continue to use this religiously!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2003 More reviews by jlynn167

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product smells and feels like smashed bananas. I believe this product does do what it's promised but you have to load it on and the price tag is not dirt cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 4:09:00 PM More reviews by clover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this product, but I can't get over the goofy texture and expensive price tag. I feel like I need to use a lot just to condition, and for the job it does it is not worth the money. KMS Moisture Replace Reconstructor is a much better product with a comparable price tag, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 10:14:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

I like this. Joico has some great deals, I got this and the smoothing cream for only $15 bucks (should have been over $32). This smells fabulous, sort of like gingerbread. I left it on for 1.5 hours and then rinsed. It made my hair soft and healthy, and didn't weigh it down. I also used this for 5 minutes and notice much smoother, softer hair. My hair is highlighted and I blow dry it straight, and often follow up with a flat-iron, and this is going to be a great product for keeping it healthy looking, shiny and soft.