November 29, 2014 | 1180 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by daijy1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have NC40 skin and for some reason this lipstick just doesn't look that great on me, despite initially thinking that it would. The color alone is not wearable on its own, however when paired with a nude gloss, the color is more wearble since it is muted.

Another thing that really bothers me is the fact that this lipstick feels so unhydrating. Even when I pat the lipstick on (which is apparently the preferred method for lipsticks that can be chalky), it still seems to dry out my lips and emphasize the lines them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was never really a lipstick person until I saw Kim K's tutorial and thought it looked so pretty so I decided to check it out! Normally, I am more into the gloss (super glossy lips). This was my first MAC lipstick that I purchased and I must say that I was very happy with it!! It is a lipstick that I use often, it can be worn in the daytime with a neutral eye or at night when you wanna glam it up with a sexy smokey eye. I bought it to go with MAC lip pencil in Stripdown and Nars Turkish Delight lipgloss....Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

I love this lipstick. It can be worn during the day as well as at night. I put clear lipgloss over top and it looks wonderful. It's very moisturizing and the colour is subtle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by livinglaughingloving

My very first MAC lipstick i received from my mother at christmas :). I am extremely pleased ! I love the color, the finish.. almost everything. Just the staying power but other than that i love it :) most definitly re-buying !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

This is the perfect pink for me! I love putting this over Myth. I have tried many pink lipsticks from M.A.C. but this is definitely one of the best I"ve tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Angel is my HG l/s, Shy Girl used to be my fav. but, i just got Angel this weekend & i LOVE IT! i got it because it had a lot of good reviews (& because of Kim K lol), i wasnt really sure it was going to look good on me (Im NC37), but i decided to get it anyway. Im soo glad i did. i also got Nars Turkish Delight & they look soo good together (i didnt get the stripdown l/l, but i will soon) i recommend all you ladies atleast try it.
i LOVE ANGEL l/s alone & w/Nars Turkish Delight.
def. will be buying both again, again, again, & again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

Love this shade. This is the brightest lipstick I will ever wear. My MAC colour is NC30 so this lipstick is quite bright for me. This lipstick has a blueish undertone, which can be quite unflattering on my skin tone, but because it has the smallest amount, it looks quite good on me. It's very moisturizing, stays on for a long time, and is very pigmented for the price. The finish - frost, is alright. Not too frosty, nor matte.
Overall I would buy this lipstick again =)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by saylorsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! Beautiful pink. Only problems with it are, it can be too pink, and I haven't had it that long and it's almost gone. All lipsticks are like that though lol. So its just a little to pink for my skin tone but its beautiful! highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have wanted this lipstick since age 9 and have only just gotten around to trying it. I saw it once in a very old J-14 magazine on a Christina Aguliera makeup look with smoky gray eyes. As I've grown up my tastes in makeup have gone through phases, and now I'm in a nude lip phase. Unfortunately being pale makes finding one's perfect nude lip a challenging task as while you want your lips to be light (obviously) you do not want to look dead or corpselike. Also, many people with pale skin have more redness to their lips which makes lightening natural pigmentation more difficult. The solution: pink based nude lipsticks (such as this). At first, I tried Revlon's matte lipstick in Pink Pout, but that color is closer to Snob by MAC as it has a slight pale mauve/lilac undertone, making it more of a bubblegum shade than a nude pink, which is what I was after. It is still a great lipstick and I will repurchase that too. However, still not completely satisfied with that being my nude-pink, I tried Angel. And it was well worth the wait. The color is THE perfect nude pink for me. Ir is not as frosty as the finish description might have you believe (though I have heard that Angel is uncommonly not frosty when compared to other MAC shades, so I guess it just depends on the color). The formula is also surprisingly creamy for a supposed "Frost" color. This looks great alone or combined with the ever-popular Underage Lipglass by MAC too. In fact, it has made Underage much more wearable for me as it used to go on too streaky when applied alone. I have not tried NARS Turkish Delight, but am now tempted to do so, but I can't justify spending over $20 USD for a lip gloss. (I have $20 per product limit on all makeup other than perfume and eyeshadow PALETTES as one does get more than one color). I will repurchase as this is not only the perfect nude pink, but also does not blend in with my rose-pink lips as most light-medium pink lipsticks do (i.e. Clinique's Pink-a-boo, which I also have and still use occassionally) Oh, and as the magazine from so long ago suggested, this is great with a smokey eye. I mainly do gray ones with my Stila smoky palette with MAC Electra in the inner corners and Lancome's Ciel du Soir overtop everything, but this is such a versatile, wearable color that it would look good with whatever. I still am curious to try a truer nude lipstick such as Myth, but am afraid to spend the money. I'll have to go an actual counter and see for myself before I buy. I don;t trust myself with online shopping in that instance. Another repurchase for me from MAC. I'm really loving this brand because its good quality and not as pricey (at least in America) as other designer brands (like Lancome or Estee Lauder)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by xoxojess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick!! My favorite color to wear on my lips is baby pinks so when i heard about this lipstick i had to get it. It goes on smoothly and it's not really frosty like it says, but i still adore it. It's somewhat matte and is not drying with a lipbalm underneath like Carmex. The color is really pretty a subtle baby pink not like St.Germaine. It's wearable and goes with any eye look (imo). I pair it with MAC's Dazzleglass in Baby Sparks or MAC's lipglass in Viva Glam IV special edition lip gloss which pairs really nicely. For $14 i feel like i haven't wasted my money. My favorite lipstick atm!