L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 2/9/2013 8:48:00 AM

I was skeptical about bb creams because I have such acne prone skin and acne scars to cover. I've been using it for two weeks and I can tell a huge difference in my skin. I use a dab of concealer under it and love the coverage! my acne scars look lighter and the tone and smoothness of my skin has improved and I've had hardly any bumps! definitely going to keep buying over and over! I was set in my foundation routine for years until I tried this!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I hate everything about this product! It's not a bb cream... not worth the money. Its so liquidy, I would even say tinted moisturizer gives more coverage and it does not adapt to your skin color. Its gonna turn whatever color they made it. HORRIBLE!!! and definitely a waste of $12

on 2/7/2013 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

To start a little details about my skin type. I have oily, sensitive skin with a little redness and some sun spots. This particular bb cream has been the only one that hasn't made me break out or made my face an oil slick after 30 minutes. The first time I tried this out I brought it home from work in a sample size (in the color light) they had sent to us. I was a bit hesitant seeing that it was a white milky liquid type product with tiny beads placed into it. After applying it to my face with my hands I found that when worked in, it was not the color it started. It had changed and warmed up to my actual skin tone and left a matte finish. I do have to add though that it does dry pretty quickly so getting the product to where you want it must be done at a pretty fast pace. It is one of the heavier coverage bb creams and love that. It isn't foundation coverage don't get me wrong, but for everyday use it has a nice amount of coverage to cover any redness you may have and allows your skin to show through. I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder afterwards and it does good for some time. I do have to blot every so often but with or without face products I usually have to so it's not a big deal. Overall, good product and am yet to find a better bb cream. I will still be on the lookout though.

on 2/4/2013 10:21:00 AM

I don't know why many have given this bad reviews but I'm in love! It gives just the right amount of coverage for my skin. It hasn't broke me out at all which is a huge plus for me! I find myself always reaching for this. It's not heavy coverage so I wouldn't be able to use it on a bad skin day. It lasts all day and doesn't leave me oily at all. I'm an nc40 and use the medium shade for reference :)

on 2/3/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used other BB creams in the past, and this is currently my favorite. My combination skin doesn't get oily after using this, and I don't have to set it with powder after use. I was worried initially because it comes out of the tube very quickly and has a very low consistency- it's runny and more liquid than cream. I always make sure to apply it quickly because it begins to turn orange-y while you're applying! I bought the Light version and as long as I completely rub it in, it doesn't streak or turn orange at all after use. I would buy it again, unless I found an even better product for me.

on 2/2/2013 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this. I have repurchased this and i will continue to do so.

I had never tried a BB cream before, but i read somewhere that this one was the best one to use for oilier skintypes, since it mattified the skin the most. Now, I know there are people out there who have more problems with getting shiny through the day than me, however, where my skin gets oily; it gets REALLY shiny.

And does this make those areas matte completely? No. But i don't like my skin being completely matte anyway, so that's fine with me. The coverage is buildable, although it won't be a full coverage, and i do feel like it adjusts to my own skincolour! A little goes a long way too, you don't need much. I wouldn't use this without a daycream though(at least, not in wintertime); even though it will still add some glow, it just doesn't moisturize enough for those purposes (not that i expected this). But perhaps people with oily skintypes are able to use just this and nothing else.

What i love about it most is that i don't feel like i'm wearing foundation, and it doesn't look like i'm wearing foundation either.Which was one of the main reasons i wanted to try out a BB cream! It looks really natural. And what i love perhaps even more is that it doesn't break me out at ALL! My skin is very sensitive to break-outs, and it's always hard for me to find something that won't break me out. But i have been using this for at least 3 months, and there are no break-outs.

I still want to try some other BB creams, but i will keep on repurchasing this! Especially since it's one of the cheaper ones.

on 2/2/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product as a sample in my magazine and I tried it and didn't like it. The consistency is super runny and the coverage is not good at all. The only good news is that it didn't make me break out. If you can try sample first before you buy it that way your not wasting money on a product you don't even like.

on 2/1/2013 7:00:00 PM

This is the first BB cream I have tried and I got it in the lightest shade. I do not wear makeup day to day (such as foundation, concealer, blush etc) but have recently been noticing that my skin needed to be evened out a little and for some reason I was starting to get a bit oily on my nose.

What I did not like:
* No SPF. This isn't such a big deal because I had started using a daily facial cream that has SPF, but it would be nice to take out a step.
* BB creams, from what I understand, are supposed to help sooth and heal your skin. Kind of a like a tinted moisturizer but with even more benefits. However, this is just more like a VERY sheer tinted moisturizer, without much of the moisture.
*I think it is WAY to expensive for what you are getting.
*Packaging just is cheap looking, but not that big of a deal.

What I DID like:
*The shade is a good color match and I have not had any problem with turning orange as some of the other reviewers mentioned.
*As I said I do not wear other makeup and was looking for something to just give a little bit of evening out and I feel that it did do that.
*Keeps me matte pretty much all day. If I do have to blot with my elf oil control blotting pads it is after 7-9 hours of wear.
*Doesn't have a scent.

Overall I think this product is OK but for the price I would like to try some of the other ones on the market. I would buy this again though, especially if it went on sale.

EDIT May 26, 2013

I just finished my bottle and now have a few things to add

* I started noticing that this product "sat" on top of my skin rather than setting. Its been allergy season and whenever I would blow my nose I would notice the product on the tissue. It just never felt like it would stay and that is frustrating.

*I had a little tester packet in the same shade that I got in an Ulta gift bag and it turned me orange. Like I said it was the exact same shade as I bought in the store, so I don't know why the little packet turned me orange but the bottle one doesn't. The only thing that i can think of is that the tester packet, the little "magic beads" had already been "burst" and I think that they may have oxidized in the packet.

I just the Maybelline BB cream so I'll see how it compares after a few uses.

on 2/1/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really liked it when I first put it on, it was light, felt good, and covered my imperfections. However, after a few hours, it turned that ugly orange color on my oily skin, yuk.

on 1/30/2013 7:52:00 PM

I liked the texture of this product with the beads. I am extremely fair with cool undertones so I thought it would be a good match. However, it oxidizes like crazy and at the end of the day I looked like an oompa loompa. I really wanted to like it for the price, and I may try it again in the summer.