December 18, 2014 | 1729 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's taken me a while to finally grasp the concept that, as I get older, I look better with less, not more, makeup. I have always been a foundation junkie, probably because I had bad skin as a teen and just got into the habit, I guess. Now that I am... ahem, of a certain age... I have to worry about wrinkles, dull skin, etc. If I put on foundation and top with powder, I tend to look older, but I need *something* on my skin just to even it out and give me some semblance of an airbrushed look. I got a free sample of this and wow! I was amazed at the result. It looks like a greyish white lotion with specs in it, so I was skeptical at first, but when I put it on, it instantly brightened my face and evened out my skin. It does not break out my sensitive skin. I also don't need powder anymore. The price is reasonable, and some stores often has BOGO specials on L'oreal. I would recommend this product to anyone with aging skin who is trying to ditch the foundation habit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by hidyng

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and loved it. The texture is grainy at first when you squeeze it out of the tube, but blends smoothly like a moisturizer, unlike other BB creams I have tried. The smell is horrible but I like the way it evens out my complexion and the colour matches very well. Unlike others, I have not found this to make my face oily and in fact, I think it does a better job of mattifying my T-zone than other products, so much so that I don't dust powder on top!

PROS: texture, coverage
CONS: smell, lack of SPF

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by acb0531

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Avoid if you have oily skin. I used a sample of it under my make up and my face was a grease pit after an hour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think by now most of us have realized that BB creams are no miracle product and that most advirtizing is gimicky and exaggerated. I do think BB creams have a place in some people's makeup routines. I have been looking for a sheer but opaque foundation for my "good skin" days and this fills that place for me very well. Heavier than tinted moisturizer which was never enough coverage for me, but lighter than foundation. I do need a little concealor with it, but I don't need primer or powder with it so it is multitasking for me. I think this BB cream is best for oily or combo skin. It has a sort of dry texture. I typically use powder and or some type of spray to help makeup last all day but I don't need that with this. However, I do need to make sure my skin is well moisturized before applying.
I thought the shade fair might be too dark for me, but so far it is working and not turning orange. It is not making my itch or break out (a frequent problem I have) so far. The container is handy and I think I'll be taking this one with me when I travel rather than a heavier foundation. I use about a dime sized blob to cover my entire face, so I use more product than I would if I were using a foundation, but that gives me solid coverage.
I happened upon another use for this that I love. I have tried so many foundation primers and none have even remotely helped. I had a sample of this in the "light" color to try. I put it on and it was waaaaaay too dark and orange but I was on my way to work so I didn't have time to take it off so I just added some foundation on top (MAC prolongwear). It gave me the nicest finish. Now on days I want extra flawless skin, I use this BB cream as a primer. I like it way more than any official primers I have used. My skin looks so poreless and smooth.
Anyway, for me this does exactly what I want it too and it fills a hole in my makeup routine that I have been trying to fill for a little while.
FYI I have tried Urban Decay's BB cream which had zero coverage-I might have well just put lotion on my face. I even had too dark of a color on and I couldn't see it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I love this because the coverage is almost like a foundation and the color Light compliments my skin perfectly. Two things I don't like about it is that it's not very hydrating and it's lacking SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by jessahorsting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading reviews about this product I was very skeptical of buying it because I have acne prone skin. I tested it out at Wal Mart and I absolutely LOVED the way it completely matched my skin tone. I have trouble finding the perfect colour for winter so I decided to buy this. I brought it home, washed my face, put moisturizer on and proceeded to try it. At first I didn't think there was much coverage to it, since it basically is a tinted moisturizer. After letting it dry I put on my concealer on my trouble areas and finished with some pressed powder. I am so happy I didn't listen to the reviews and bought it anyway. I find that it works way smoother with a moisturizer underneath. It doesn't get cakey throughout the day and I like it even more than my MAC select cover up. It looks so natural on my medium tone skin, I got compliments on how good my skin looks when I went out after. I definitely recommend this product, it is fairly affordable ($10 at Wal Mart) the tube is a little small though but I will repurchase in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by BayportMolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Was very excited to try this product but I wish I wouldn't have. It made me break out like I was in jr. high again. Also made my skin very dry and flakey. Do not buy this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Alinax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have the dryest skin ever, just dont buy it. This literally worsens your dry patches. My forehead was a bit, not so much, dry & when I used the cream, I started getting dry flakes. Even worse if you already have dry flakes and you use it. And forget it covering up your blemishes, b. s. Real sh-t attempt L'Oreal.(:

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Trilbynyc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product based on what I'd read but it is not for me-- even though it claims to moisturize, it is not for mature skin, period.

My skin is very smooth, unlined, no sun damage at all, but I am not a kid and I need a more dewy look to give my face contour and alive-ness. This BB cream turns completely matte and flattened the contours of my face so it looked like a deathmask. It was very unflattering. It didn't feel good either. My face felt dirty. I will say it gave very good coverage for something seemed to be invisible when being applied.

I've been using Aveeno tinted moisurizer for a few years and was so happy to get this BB stuff off my face and get back into my comfortable, dewy-looking Aveeno!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Matiress

Best BB cream out there. It does come out white, but settles into your skin tone...I dont' know how they do that! Gives a nice semi-matte apperance, makes my skin glow and does not make me look like I am wearing make-up. My female friends compliment my skin whenever I am wearing it. Bobbi Brown BB cream does not even compare.