October 21, 2014 | 850 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was really excited to buy this bc i love pump bottle foundations and i like having glowing skin, the lightest shade i could find was too dark for me, it gave me almost no coverage, i saw no glow, and it was too liquid, runny for my taste, also at $14 was kinda expensive for a ds foundation, im going to take it back and get something i do like

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice product,
light, easy to apply (blendable, buildable, doesn't settle
into wrinkles and pores)

The finish is impeccable: natural matte,
yet doesn't broadcast flaws, etc.

This is much better than the True Match...
just better at application, on formula,
on finish... just a better product.

I used C3... which just works.
In the True Match I can wear N3 and C2...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by lynear

I am so sad this didn't work for me, as I love L'Oreal's True Match line...but the problem I have with that one is the same problem I have with this one: Oil City.
After 5 hours in this, my face is so oily I can slick it off my face. My face gets even more shiny with this than with regular True Match because of these little "illuminators". So sad, because I really love the coloring and consistency of the liquid in this line.
I've tried every foundation, it seems. With primer; without. With moisturizer; without. Plenty of powder; minimal powder.
I am DESPERATE to find a drugstore foundation that doesn't look like I've been wandering the Sahara desert in the middle of summer. If anyone knows of a great shine free foundation for oily/combination skin I'd love for you to message me! I think next I'll try Neutrogena Shine Control, but my hopes are dismal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

On the first try I bought what I thought would be my color nude beige because that is supposed to be my color per the L'Oreal website and is my color in most of the L'Oreal foundation offerings but in this foundation that color went on too dark and turned orangey. Also this foundation lasted throughout most of the day, but I could feel it on my skin in the heat and humidity so it was not a love texturally. But if you don't care about that then definitely try this. I could build to medium coverage with some luminousity with this.

I think this compares to Lancome's Teint Miracle and since I already own that and have a color that matches fairly well with TI will not pursue finding a color in this right now but when I run out of TI I will definitely substitute this cheaper version.

Me: NC 25, supposed to be nude beige and that is what I wear in Visible Lift but in this I guess I would try a different color just to sum up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was really excited to try this foundation, seeing that it was from the True Match line. However, I was not so happy to see that their shade range is so limited compared to the original True Match... and they don't even have the lightest shade in the cool undertone range, I think that one starts off with the third darkest or something like that.

Anyway, I went with the Porcelain/Light Ivory one, even though it's Warm, I find that foundations with some yellow tones to them don't look bad on my skin.

First off, I love the packaging with the pump. I use about one pump or less for my entire face. I was surprised that it actually kind of dried to a matte/satin-y finish, but there was still that 'glow', even after I set it with my Welcome Matte powder from Hard Candy.

It blends in nicely, it is a bit of a thinner formula which I don't mind. I'd say light to medium coverage. Hours after wear, it still looks good and feels good (I'm really particular about how a foundation feels, because sometimes you get the ones where they just feel heavy, wet, or uncomfortable on your skin, and this one doesn't leave any of those feelings on your face).

I'm eager to see if this really does improve your skin over time like it's said to do. I tried the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation, but their lightest shade was too yellow and the next shade down was too dark, so I stopped using that not too long after I had bought it, but I did see an improvement in my skin while using that, I'm really hoping this foundation does the same!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by kaekai001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have try every foundation in the market.. This one is very impressive!I dont care much for Drug store foundation But this one is hit me hard feels like Nars sheer glow which is my favarite foundation.. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was extremely skeptical when purchasing this product the day I put up the new L'oreal display at work (I work at Walgreens). I didn't pay much for it. I think I paid $8 after coupons and employee discount. It retails, however, for $12.99. I've never had much luck with L'oreal foundations in general but I absolutely love this foundation.

I purchased this in W1-2 (Porcelain/Light Ivory). It seemed the most similar to my NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia, which is my perfect match. Thankfully our display had testers so I was able to pick out a great color. they're shade range seems pretty complete. I believe there are 18 shades (6 for each tone) Drugstores rarely have a match for me, which is why I tend to gravitate towards more expensive foundations. However, I think my expensive foundation days may be over

Upon applying this, I noticed it was very moisturizing, even more so than my $42 foundation. I have some pretty dry skin so this was a huge plus. It provided medium coverage, which is exactly what I look for in a foundation. I do not like an overly made up look. This foundation still lets my skin show through. For someone who has more problematic skin, I don't think this would be enough coverage. However, my skin is pretty clear so just some evening out of my skin tone and reduction of redness it all I need and this provides just that. I do set this with powder because it provides a little bit of a tacky finish, but that's with most foundations I use.

The packaging is perfect for me. I hate foundations that don't have a pump. This one has a pump and the silver top makes it very sleek looking. Nothing I don't really like about it.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG 9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Jauny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Truly amazing. I'm the kind of person that will spend money on foundations, right now I'm looking at a Chanel foundation, two Lancome ones, and an Armani one that I have used and genuinely loved. It's almost shocking to say this, but this foundation- at what, a fraction of the price of the others?- is WITHOUT A DOUBT at the level of the other foundations I know and love.

It reminds me most of the Armani foundations (Which is owned by L'Oreal), it's quite fluid and moves well and something about it lets the eye see "through" the makeup without necessarily compromising coverage (I consider this to be between light and medium coverage). The effect is quite "skin-like" and it's got the most invisible pearl to it (think Lancome Teint Miracle, only not nearly as visible IN the bottle). You can't SEE the "liquid light" as the advertisements call it, but you can start to pick it up when you look at swatches of it online with flash, a microscopic particle that adds an extremely low-level iridescence that just lights up the face very subtly.

It does "set" to a satiny finish, more matte that I expected anyways, but still has a dewiness. On my oily skin it does look quite approachable and never looks greasy, and it's easy to adjust with primers and powders. You really can't see the foundation on the skin in my opinion, you can get quite close and really not see anything there, again probably because of the thinness of the pigments and still offering a solid medium-ish coverage. I also find this to wear BRILLIANTLY on me, and I LOVE long wearing foundations, and though this doesn't claim any sort of long wear I find it to stay put incredibly well on my oily skin and not clump or cling as I touch up (blotting in my case with occasional powdering) throughout the day. I just finished a 12 hour work day and it's looking pretty good, not spectacular, but its absolutely still on and the coverage has faded only minimally.

I agree with an earlier comment that this foundation NEEDS to get PLAYED OUT. Sent to makeup artists, featured on blogs, advertised to absolute HELL because it is genuinely amazing, and again this coming from someone that is staring at 100+ dollars worth of high end foundations just a few inches away from my bottle of L'Oreal True Match Lumi. I don't venture into the drugstore for makeup very often, just personal preference, but I'm absolutely over the moon when I find something this good, it makes me SO happy. Paying for quality is something I've always done, and it just makes me so happy that now ANYONE can get something truly remarkable at L'Oreal's price point. You've done an amazing job L'Oreal!

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kbenard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for a natural look. Bought color n7-8, for 10.99 This foundation is very lightweight and in my opinion not buildable. It seems to be a step up from the tinted moisturizer or bb cream. It is supposed to be good for your skin, Idk about that but I like it enough to add to the options. It's a true match foundation so the have a large range of shades. I haven't used it with the lumi primer but with my revlon primer it stays pretty good, with some powder. After a few hours its hot really oily on my skin even with primer so I need to powder which made my pics horrendous. I Love the packaging. Not the best foundation or the worst, I am going to use it when I think a less is more approach is appropriate.

Update: I find myself reaching for this very often with it being so hot lately, the dewy look works with my overall sweaty glow lol. I love the light weight. I was using revlon whipped but this is more natural and the SPF makes it winner. But I think I need something with more yellow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I notice the shades run darker in this foundation compared to the original True Match. I am N 1-2, and I'm also NW20-25 in MAC. So it might be hard for very pale skin tones to match. I first read about this being used for fashion shows and during fashion week, so I've been waiting for it for some time. The intention of this foundation is what they call "expensive skin". Update: If this is a little too dry for my skin now, it will be hell in the winter. It seems to make my skin look dry and all the glow is gone within 20 minutes. I don't even set it with powder anymore... They should have left out the spf. It ruins foundations with a lot of potential. The best foundations all seem to have one thing in common, little to no spf in them. They can make people break out, cast a reflection on camera, and cause a more oily appearance (foundation that never sets or goes tacky).