L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 1/15/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Honesty, this has to be one of the WORST foundations I have ever used. The only positive that I found was the packaging was good for a DS foundation..loved the pump.

That's about it for things I liked.

When I first applied this foundation, I was actually really pleased with it. It started out good, but after ONLY 2 hours, this stuff just looked and felt disgusting.

It started to get very patchy and then started to smear very badly. It set into my pores and omg...horrible. I could not wait to get home and wash this stuff off my face.

I have combo/dry'ish in the winter time skin and used a very good primer before applying this and it still melted off and looked disgusting.

I will never touch the stuff again. I liked the Revlon Naked foundation much better.

on 1/13/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the other comments in that if you have oily skin DO NOT try this! I would not use this foundation in the summer but it is a great light coverage foundation that leaves your skin glowy for the winter months! I do prefer more coverage so I use Mac studio fix powder over top and I end up really loving my coverage! Also, If I would have bought a shade darker I think I would enjoy this product more.

on 1/10/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my 2nd liquid foundation that I have ever bought. The 1st let me say was a full coverage foundation, Mary Kay (very cakey and heavy - hated it), but again back then I did not know how to use it as well as I do today (with brushes and tips & tricks). I bought this at ULTA (with a $3 and $1 coupon), so it was just under $10 with tax ($12.99 reg price), which is on the cheaper side for drugstore foundation. btw, this is way overpriced in Canada $20.99 in Shoppers, it's the cheapest at Walmart for around $14.99. I was on the look for a liquid foundation and was almost on the verge of buying the EL Double Stay-in-place foundation ($46), I'm so glad I didn't cause this is equally good coverage at a fraction of the cost. So, I start with a primer and then apply this using a flat powder brush (from elf) and my face requires about 2 pumps of foundation (love the packaging). I just stipple it and then blend away. I then use my elf hd powder to just dust around my face. btw, I have normal/dry kind of skin so can skip the powder step to get a dewy look, but like how it looks after powdering as well.This gives it a matte finish after immediate application. I would say it's a medium to sort of full coverage. It's been 2 hours now since I applied it and it has set into a very, very slight dewy finish (which I love, btw) or is somewhat of a glow on my make up. It has amazing, flawless, yet extremely light feeling coverage. I think I'm in love with this foundation. I am not sure if i'll use this on a daily basis as yet, only because it takes me a little bit longer than just using my MAC studiofix powder and out the door. (Need to get this within a reasonable timing). FYI I got this in W6 (Sun Beige) which was the darkest Warm they have, I am a C40 in MAC Studiofix powder, which I think is NC40 in liquid.
**Update**
So staying power is great for 8-9 hours, with a primer (less by a couple hours without). This does not transfer at all and I checked this by pressing a tissue on my face during the day, and nothing got on the tissue. So for now this is HG foundation.

I love that there's a pump with this foundation. I wish more L'Oreal foundations would do that but then again that's probably why it costs more. If you have oily skin this foundation is NOT for you. Let me repeat, oily skin STAY AWAY. This foundation is a good choice for those with good skin that don't need much coverage and have normal to dry skin. It disappeared throughout the day and was medium coverage after applying a few layers. I'm fair skinned but even the lightest shade wasn't light enough for me. It almost reminds me of a good tinted moisturizer.

So more about the wear. I had to set it with a setting powder even to make it last and I have dry skin. It has a very natural finish so props for not looking cakey. Honestly? I prefer the original True Match that you can sheer out with your hands or a sponge with water. This was way too sheer even for my skin which has no glaring issues.

on 1/4/2013 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation for when I don't need full coverage but want to cover up redness its medium coverage I didn't need to use a powder which is a plus and it makes your skin look glowing in a good way not greasy or sparkly at all and I have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out

I love this foundation, however I don't wear it alone, as it is very light coverage. I like to mix this with my Mac Studio Fix Fluid, as I have dry skin and matte foundation doesn't look quite right on my skin. It gives a beautiful, healthy glow and doesn't look unrealistic. I would definitely repurchase and recommend.

on 1/1/2013 11:34:00 PM

This melted off my face, didn't look good and felt horrible on my skin. I wore it for a night out and all evening I couldn't wait til I got home so I could wash it off. I returned it the following day.

Not my product, might work for people with dry skin.

on 12/31/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this foundation. It wears well and has a great finish. Probably wouldn't repurchase, just because I like to try out different foundations and this one didn't wow me so much that I can't live without it. But, it's nice.

on 12/30/2012 9:49:00 PM

This is a very light coverage foundation. I have never returned makeup in my life, but I'm going to be returning this. I got this instead of my beloved Revlon Color Stay. I had wanted to try this for awhile. I'll never buy anyth other foundation besides Revlon ever again. Ive learned my lesson.

on 12/29/2012 7:52:00 PM

This is definately a light coverage. If you are looking for something with full coverage this is not for you. It works well for my normal to dry skin and it stays oil-free for at least 5 or 6 hours. I apply this using my fingers because I find that sometimes it leaves streaks when I use my foundation brush. Overall a good product for normal to dry skin. I definately will be buying again!