August 1, 2014 | 1586 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I buy this again..I don't know; I think this may be going back to the store.It is a perfectly good foundation-those who used Translucide in the past may find this to be somewhat of similar product.HOWEVER...
I have decent skin,but I'm also turning 40 in 2 months. Fine lines are a creepin' up on me,and I refuse to do Botox. My motto is this,stolen from the Facts of Life sitcom: "you get old,you get ugly,you live with it." So what I'm trying to say is that I need coverage-not a whole lot,but coverage that is light to medium,doesn't suck every ounce of sebum out of my pores (I lean to the dry side with oilier T zone) and doesn't cost a king's ransom. This is sort of good,but not excellent. Like others mentioned-get it if you don't need a lot,have a normal,even complexion and are just looking for a little glowy pick up. If this is you,you're very,very lucky.(And thousands of women hate you-just kidding!!)
I was very thankful for testers-(someone is listening; go L'Oreal!!) but found many of the shades ran light. If you're W3 in True Match,you may find yourself in a W4 or even W5 for example.I got W5 and I think it's still too light for my NC25 skin; it looked ashy.I had a far better match in the Visible Lift creme with Natural Buff,both for color and coverage.
If you run dry you want to go with the VL-it's a bit more $,but won't settle into your pores.
I found the cheapest at Wal Mart for 10.97 and had a $2 off coupon.Check your newspapers-there are at least 1-2 $2 off coupons every month for L'Oreal face products.It does contain a broad spectrum SPF 20,so that is a plus.If this doesn't work for you,definitely check out the new Visible Lift.I am in no way affiliated with L'Oreal; this is just my personal experience with both products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1021

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this! Covers well and doesn't cake. Leaves skin smooth with just the slightest glow. Would personally like it a little dewier. Good for dry skin. Great color match for me too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I took advantage of the samples provided for this makeup, using the back of my hand. In regular True March I use a W2 which is a great match for me. In the Lumi version, the W1-2 was a little too light considering how sheer this foundation is. Actually, I found the N1-2 a better choice. The foundation does have an unusual luminous quality but is not sparkly. It would be great for someone with good skin who just wants a "glow" and sun protection ( a 5 lippy for those) but it is too sheer for anyone who needs more coverage. I did notice it contains oxychloride bismuth which is a common offender for allergic reactions in mineral makeup. It does have a pump.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I think this is the best foundation I've tried yet. The color in W1 is perfect for my super fair neutral toned skin (N1 seemed oranger) I have worn this for the last several days and its really worked well. I work in an operating room and wear a mask much of the day. It didnt budge. I saw a little shine after about 6-7 hours and I did set it with powder. It gives a lovely finish that is almost dewey but not quite and it really seems to make my pores disapear. I love it! I really hope that its not dc'd after the summer. I would be crushed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I loved this. I've been using less liquid foundation during the summertime but I saw this and had to try it. It's currently my favorite foundation. It has medium coverage that could be built to full with a little effort. It IS luminous but NOT shiny or sparky so those with oily skin I suspect could still appreciate this. Love that it has SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm DYING to buy this, but I went to Walgreens today and played around with the testers. IMO, the difference of colors between W1-2 and W3, etc. is too big. 1-2 is too light, while the rest are too dark (AND 3,4,5 look pretty much the same color). On my hand, it feels nice and not greasy. Of course, I don't expect it to perform the same way on my face. For a DS brand it's not cheap, either. I said I would not buy this only because I don't have the 'maybe' choice. Knowing what a junkie I am ... Maybe I could get the W3 and use it as a mixer. However, do I want to spend $15 just for that? And I hate the hassle of returning things. Oh, well. If I decide to buy it, I'll keep you posted.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would not buy this again as I was an oil slick by noon. I have super oily skin and this looked beautiful when I left the house and I even set it with a little bit of powder.

The coverage was not that great either. I loved the bottle with the pump. It looks like a high end brand.

I wanted this to work for me but I don't think it works with oily skin. I have used the other True Match in the tiny bottle that worked much better with my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by scarins

I have never written a review for MUA before but this foundation deserved one. I have combination/oily skin in the winter, but straight oily skin in the summer. I saw this at the store, and I was able to swatch it because they have tiny, little testers of every color available to try. The color range is huge. I swatched on the back of my hand and was amazed to see the foundation make my hand look like my own skin, only more luminous and healthy. I am a little leery of products that claim that will make your skin "luminous" because of my oily skin, but this product makes my skin luminous while combating the oil. And I don't even have to use a primer! My skin looks healthy, glowy and practically perfect. I don't have major acne to cover, but I do have some fine lines and some jawline breakout, and this covers both. This is HG status for me. Plus, the foundation was $12.99 at my store, but I had a coupon and some rewards, so I only had to pay $7.45!! Not too shabby! I would really recommend this foundation for anyone who wants a light/med coverage, and likes the look of natural, glowy (not dewy/not shiny) skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've worn this for a few days now, and so far no breakouts.

This is promoted as a "luminous" foundation... which would normally be a big red flag for me since I have oily skin... but I tried on the tester on a whim and wore it on the back of my hand the rest of the day, and I couldn't get over the finish.

It has a transparent quality, a very smooth soft finish with zero cakeiness or stickiness, and a soft "glow" with no sparkle. I went ahead and bought it, and I have to say it is the closest thing to natural skin I have ever worn. It is extremely comfortable, very lightweight, provides sheer to medium coverage... but does not look like you have anything on your face. Although it does even out skin tone, and blur imperfections, and is buildable for more coverage, you can see through it. If you have freckles, sun spots, scars, etc. they will still be visible. While that could be a problem if you have serious skin issues and really want to blank out your face, those with pretty nice skin are going to adore this. I put it on with my fingers, and find it blends out like magic. It does dry quickly, quickly enough that I prefer to work in sections, but even if it dries out on you in one spot there are no noticeable blotches just blend a little more out on top and it's fine. I find it actually controls oil quite well, and has very good staying power. I have had no trouble making it through the day in the Louisiana heat with it on (I do wear oil control primer), and have noticed no "breakdown", separation, or spottiness. The glow is there, but it is pretty subtle with no sparkle, it really looks like your normal skin, comparing it to my neck and shoulders it has the exact same "luminosity" as those areas. If you hate any sign of shine on your face, stay away... but if that is the case you should never buy a luminous product in the first place. I can see this being an excellent mixer- giving some of the glow and transparency while taking a bit more coverage from a longer wearing matte foundation. I have not had any problems with this acting up under powders, and it also plays well with concealers both over and under the foundation. It does contain an spf of 20.

The packaging is very nice, a heavy sleek bottle with a pump. The color selection is excellent with options for warm, cool, and neutral skin tones.... and there are TESTERS available in every shade!!! Something we just never see in the drugstore.

I really hope they reformulate the regular true match to have a similar staying power and consistency... or offer us a matte version in the future, because the colors offered are fabulous. It is so hard to find a true yellow based foundation for very fair skin, and I can go to W1 in the winter.

*Update*

I mixed this 50/50 with my Rimmel 25 hr, and it was fantastic. More coverage, just a little bit of sheen (not shine) giving it a very natural finish, blended much easier, and added spf. Lasted all day with no powder needed, no oil breakthrough (I do use a good primer).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No