April 17, 2014 | 1712 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by msp12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reviewers below have excellent insticts: Exh. A works marvelously on darker-skinned ladies, whether applied lightly or to create dramatic contour. I was always under the impression that I needed blushes that were very close to my natural skin tone, however I have found that these very brown colours tend to make my skin look dirty, whereas terrifically bright pinks and this radical red called Exhibit A make wonderful statement or natural blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2003 6:18:00 PM More reviews by aznfayeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first NARS blush! I had such high hopes but this is very hard to blend and difficult to get the right amount of color on your cheeks since it's very pigmented. I've discovered that the best way is to dab your brush lightly(dont sweep!!! I wound up looking like a clown the first time!) in the blush and then apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by balenciaga

Swoon.

The infamous Orange Ass is not Orange Ass at all! It's a beautiful rosy flush...I adore this so much. I'm a very PPP, so a very light touch is definitely required, but it looks beautiful with just about any look- I have worn it to work and out at night, and just casually on the weekend. Fantastic packaging, terrific texture, wonderful product. Don't let the Orange Assiness put you off!

PS. It loses a lipstick for the rip off price. I was lucky enough to get this in a swap from the very wonderful azn_babay_kat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2003 2:39:00 AM More reviews by peridot7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sooo glad I took the plunge and bought this blush based on the recs here on the board. This is probably my favorite blush of all time. As everyone else said it's a very unusual scary shade in the compact, but looks absolutely wonderful on if applied sparingly and blended well. It really brightens and lights up your whole face. Lasting power is incredible - no touch ups needed..ever. Would definitely buy this again but it looks like this will last for years. It may not be for everyone depending on their skin tone, but give it a try, you might be surprised. You can always swap it if it doesn't work for you.

Update: 1/3/04 - This is still my HG blush. Everything else I try looks so blah in comparison. :))) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2003 12:02:00 AM More reviews by stevictoire

Looks very scary in the pan, bright red-orange, no shimmer. But applied lightly, it is gorgeous, it gave me such a healthy flush. I thought the flush seemed more "natural" on me, because it doesn't have any shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2003 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kdm148

Very sexy color that when used lightly looks like you've been in the Havana heat all day long! Even looks good on the fair skinned, but I have a feeling that it would look even better on those with darker skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2002 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was introduced to this blush by the NARS MA who really thought I should try it. Application tip--this blush needs to be used with a very soft silky brush so that it gives you a sheer brightening effect. It looked great with a defined lip and just a swipe of dark liner on the top lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2002 1:22:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

Okay, but this screams orange in the compact, and let me say I can where nothing orange. BUT, when you put it on, it gives you this "just came out of the cold" glow. It is gorgeous on. I am MAC NC30 with pinky undertones and light golden/red brown hair. I love it and highly recommend just giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 9:30:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

A fabulous blush I would never have dared try if it hadn't had such rave reviews here. Even then, I made the Nars MA test-apply it to me before purchase to double-check. This is an orange-toned red rather than a true orange, and highly pigmented. A certain skill is required in application in order to avoid a clownish effect. Firstly, the cheeks must be dry, powdered if necessary, to avoid excessive product take-up. A large, soft and fluffy brush is required to ensure diffuse distribution, and excess product must be tapped off the brush before application. The effect which works on me is to apply in two or three layers on the cheek apple, blending downwards. This gives the most fabulous healthy flush. Wearing it any higher simply gives the appearance of feverish overheating. I find this is such a 'statement' blush that the best accompaniment is a neutral eye and sheer glossy lip. When I have the time, I apply over a base of Stila Persimmon (sheer matte palest yellow-peach), which increases the 'glow' effect even further. This is fast becoming an everyday staple for me, a brilliant product which works so much better than I could have ever guessed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2002 10:40:00 AM More reviews by laurilauri

i got sucked into the hype and decided to try this. even when i applied it *very* lightly, i still felt like it was too noticable. i could see how it would be beautiful on other skintones but it just did not work for me.