NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 2/14/2003 2:36:00 PM

I don't ever need to buy this product again (unless I lose it)because there is no way that I will ever run out. I just barely touch my brush to the blush, and there's enough color to warm up both cheeks. The color, on me (a GGG), comes out a pretty pinky color, which is surprising because it's so red/orange in the pan. When I first saw the blush, I immediately dismissed it...it looks like the Nars lipstick Jungle Red (which is horrible, btw) in blush form. But when the MA put the tiniest bit on my cheeks, I fell in love. This stuff is awesome. I love it.

on 2/13/2003 12:33:00 PM

I really wanted to love this..but the color was just too intense. I have a yellow toned medium asian complexion and the color when applied veeeery lightly it did look great..but that was the whole problem. You really need only the tiniest amount to get a lot of color on your face, which can be a pro i guess. But for me it was really too much of a pain to have to sweep my brush over a tissue and loading on more loose powder to tone it down. Also my skin complexion was a little blotchy for a few weeks and this blush sccentuated it and made it look horrible!
I have to admit though, it's an unusual, beautiful color..but you really have to be careful of avoiding the clown look

on 2/8/2003 6:46:00 PM

so scary looking and clownish looking, but if applied VERY VERY lightly, looks incredible. Just remember to lightly dab on brush. DO NOT sweep across or you will look like a monkey.

on 2/6/2003 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the effect it gives, but you've got to have patience! As others have said, you must barely touch the brush to the cake and then make sure to blend well. If you do this, you'll end up with a lovely, youthful, "fresh" glow that isn't gaudy at all.

on 2/5/2003 1:05:00 AM

Reviewers below have excellent insticts: Exh. A works marvelously on darker-skinned ladies, whether applied lightly or to create dramatic contour. I was always under the impression that I needed blushes that were very close to my natural skin tone, however I have found that these very brown colours tend to make my skin look dirty, whereas terrifically bright pinks and this radical red called Exhibit A make wonderful statement or natural blushes.

on 1/31/2003 6:18:00 PM

My first NARS blush! I had such high hopes but this is very hard to blend and difficult to get the right amount of color on your cheeks since it's very pigmented. I've discovered that the best way is to dab your brush lightly(dont sweep!!! I wound up looking like a clown the first time!) in the blush and then apply.

on 1/29/2003 9:34:00 PM

Swoon.

The infamous Orange Ass is not Orange Ass at all! It's a beautiful rosy flush...I adore this so much. I'm a very PPP, so a very light touch is definitely required, but it looks beautiful with just about any look- I have worn it to work and out at night, and just casually on the weekend. Fantastic packaging, terrific texture, wonderful product. Don't let the Orange Assiness put you off!

PS. It loses a lipstick for the rip off price. I was lucky enough to get this in a swap from the very wonderful azn_babay_kat.

on 1/25/2003 2:39:00 AM

Sooo glad I took the plunge and bought this blush based on the recs here on the board. This is probably my favorite blush of all time. As everyone else said it's a very unusual scary shade in the compact, but looks absolutely wonderful on if applied sparingly and blended well. It really brightens and lights up your whole face. Lasting power is incredible - no touch ups needed..ever. Would definitely buy this again but it looks like this will last for years. It may not be for everyone depending on their skin tone, but give it a try, you might be surprised. You can always swap it if it doesn't work for you.

Update: 1/3/04 - This is still my HG blush. Everything else I try looks so blah in comparison. :))) continued >>

on 1/18/2003 12:02:00 AM

Looks very scary in the pan, bright red-orange, no shimmer. But applied lightly, it is gorgeous, it gave me such a healthy flush. I thought the flush seemed more "natural" on me, because it doesn't have any shimmer.

on 1/2/2003 4:16:00 PM

Very sexy color that when used lightly looks like you've been in the Havana heat all day long! Even looks good on the fair skinned, but I have a feeling that it would look even better on those with darker skin.

Top Rated NARS Products