October 25, 2014 | 1818 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing.

I had to try this out since I love Nars and TM. I dont have any skin issues to cover up other than dark circles. NC 37-40 skin, I use Stromboli (mixed with a drop of Syracuse if I am Tan) the few times I wear foundation (going out at night...I dont use products with SPF at night/photos).

I wear Origins Vitazing as my day to day everything and prior to that used Tarte Tinted Moisturizer in Disguise for day to day. I never like LM or BB TM's ...too greasy for me.

I am St. Moritz. Perfect match - but like another reviewer said must be careful with applying. This feels so light that's it easy to over apply - and then if you look in the mirror later you are pasty.

I have oily and prone to clogged noes and chin. This felt great and made me look amazing. This should be called Sheer Glow cause that's exactly it..you look sheer and luminous. Plus the convenience of the tube, SPF 30, and the long wear of it...(it stayed all day till I took off at night) is amazing.

Nars does it again..and these shades are GREAT for WOC...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin but have some dryness and flaking on the surface. I love the glowing look but there is a fine line between that and an oil slick, which I tend to lean towards. This is by far the best TM I have tried! It feels like I am not wearing anything on my face but gives a little coverage. The colors run really dark so I am using Annapurna , which is classed as Medium2 (but I am MAC Matchmaster 6?!). It goes on a little dark but dries to a lovely smooth finish. I finish it with MAC Careblend powder. I do have some acne scarring which definitely needs concealer, but overall this is a wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Orwell

This product is good in that it gives a nice natural, slightly dewy finish and is oil free. I have worn it for two days now and it has not made me break out. It is nice with the NARS illuminator on top of it. I am a fan of Philosophy and the Smashbox tinted moisturisers and the NARS TM is another great product that I have added to my TM collection. You might want to get a good colour match though. I am Alaska which is the second lightest shade and I normally get the 4th or so lightest shade in most other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was intrigued by the ads for this product (the models look positively luminous - I know that stuff is all photoshopped, but I figured it was worth trying a sample at least). The SA at the NARS counter was super helpful and tried a couple of different shades on me - first he put Alaska on me, which I think is the second lightest shade and was too light (I'm an NC37/NC40 or so). St. Moritz (medium 1) was a perfect match, which shows you how dark this product line runs (i think there are at least 5 shades darker than the one I got). I wore it several days this week (alternating with my MUFE F&B), and got compliments both times I wore it (my friend told me my skin was flawless!). It has very light coverage, but I would say it's closer to a light foundation than a tinted moisturizer. I don't have particularly oily skin, so I don't set with powder, and it lasted all day for me. I would take off a lippie just for color selection, but since I am lucky enough to be on the darker end of the spectrum, I can't complain. Will repurchase if I run out for sure.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very early review and I will update after couple of uses. Tried this out yesterday in Nordstrom and I have it on today as well..Ever since I read about this product over here been wanting to try this on and see if this could be a HG..I am super crazy about TM's :O) This was a love at first application :) I know its a stretch but NARS has this spot on in terms of consistency which is very light and creamy not thick and goopy yet it does cover better than all the other tinted moisturizers that I have tried. You do not need a lot of product, does the job super well. But the 1 issue with this product is finding the right color match as all the shades lean towards the yellow range..it could be very tough if your are inbetween shades. I was matched with St Moritz( I am NC40) which blends in and makes it look like I have very good skin. The SPF 30 is another plus plus plus and light lemony scent is also a very nice touch.Same price range as the LM TM which is crap (IMO as it also broke me out) 45 dollars for the NARS TM is worth it. I finish with MAC Studio Careblend, flawless skin.... haven't felt this good in very long time.
Overall A Amazing product..will update after couple of uses and crossing my fingers hoping it does not break me out.
UPDATE** 1 ** Its transfer proof and rub proof..did not transfer to my other clothes. The staying power is also great. Put this on in the morning and stayed put till I took off in the night.
UPDATE** 2 ** Wore this to the gym today and it did not rub off.
UPDATE**3**(3/19/12) Still doing wonderful with this moisturizer
UPDATE**4**(07/10/2) Still doing great with this moisturizer, went back to trying my old TM's but noticed that NARS covers much better
UPDATE**5**(03/09/13) Sad to say that this product has given me breakouts, another one bites the dust..

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was matched to Alaska, 2nd lightest shade. Usually I'm the 2nd lightest in color in most foundations, but this shade has a lot of yellow in it and is a bit too dark, despite the description of it having both yellow and pink tones and falling into neutral territory. Compared to LM which I have in Nude, Alaska is definitely more yellow when swatched on the wrist. Applied to the face you definitely see a yellowish cast to it. That said, I think the formulation is superb. It glides smoothly, covers without masking and gives a nice non-greasy glow to the face. Absolutely lovely finish. Haven't worn it all day to see how it lasts. Tomorrow will run out and get sample of Finland and hope that is not too pasty on me. Love the texture and finish so much, that I'm willing to buy 2 shades and mix them if need be.
Update: Got a sample of Finland and it looked more like and Arctic Circle on me, quite ghostly and doesn't give that healthy glow. I mixed my 2 samples, adding about 1/3 of Finland to Alaska and the result is very good. How I wish they added more colors, but in the meantime I may have to get both and mix them.
Final update: Won't be buying it. Colors are not natural skin color, even blended. Too much yellow and I do love yellow based foundations. It's like picking lighter or a bit darker jaundice. It also seems to sit on top of the skin, maybe because the colors aren't right.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

This is what I wanted Sheer Glow foundation to look like on me! I've been using a sample for the last week and I like this a lot. It has a light, easy to apply consistency and doesn't feel too heavy or greasy on the skin. It evens out my skin tone with just enough coverage, but isn't cakey and doesn't break apart on the skin by the end of the day like both Nars "sheer" foundations did - it just looks like your skin. That said, if you have lots of scars or want something with medium coverage, this is probably not the product for you - I find that sometimes this will not cover redness, and I definitely need a concealer to cover up blemishes and acne scars. However, I can see myself wearing this on a daily basis because it's a no-brainer to apply, plus it contains SPF30. It does have a light citrus scent but it doesn't bother me. For reference, I have combo skin and wear this in Alaska. My other color matches are NARS Punjab, MAC nc30, Shiseido O20, BE 1.2/2.0 light.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by machrina

Love love love!! Amazing stuff! I'm NC20-25 and i bought Alaska, in sheer glow i wear santa fe. (alaska is a bit lighter). It gives the most amazing glow. The coverage is light but not as most tinted moisturizers are. On top of it i wear laura mercier mineral loose powder and the result is flawless skin. Definitely i will repurchase. Staying power is great also.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Bluebear74

The formula is fantastic. It's quite moisturizing, yet non-greasy, and feels soothing on my skin. It provides more coverage than other tinted moisturizers I've tried (which is a good thing) and lasts throughout the day. I use it alone if I'm going for a natural no makeup look. If I want some more coverage, then I just add some powder on top (I use Cargo Blu-Ray pressed powder)

However, I took off one lippie because the color selection is poor for the light-skinned. Out of 9 colors available, 7 are medium to dark. I'm a MAC C4/NC35 and use Punjab in Nars sheer glow foundation - I'm not what one would consider pale. I was initially matched to and purchased the third lightest - St. Moritz, which ended up a shade too dark and orangey on me. The second lightest, Alaska, is too light. There's a huge jump between the two shades. I had to go back to purchase Alaska, and I mix the two shades for a good match. I find this very inconvenient. Nars, please make more light shades.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by nicojones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simply love this product: the finish it gives makes it different e.g. from LM TM - simply dewy/glowy as if yo were 10 years younger...:-)) While Laura Mercier gives a flawless but matte finish, this one is different yet making your skin looking flawless. It stayed on for about 6 hours (then I removed it, so it might stay longer), it perfectly evens out your skin tone while looking totally natural - Im still a no-makeup-girl so I appreciate that the consistency is light and weightless once you applied it. Im a NC20/Nars Sheer Glow Deauville/MUFE 117 and Finland is a perfect color match for me, the color is in between Porcelain (light1) and Nude (light2) concerning Laura Mercier TM. Overall I can only rave so far. You have to try it if you like TM in general.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No