October 21, 2014 | 1827 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was intrigued by the ads for this product (the models look positively luminous - I know that stuff is all photoshopped, but I figured it was worth trying a sample at least). The SA at the NARS counter was super helpful and tried a couple of different shades on me - first he put Alaska on me, which I think is the second lightest shade and was too light (I'm an NC37/NC40 or so). St. Moritz (medium 1) was a perfect match, which shows you how dark this product line runs (i think there are at least 5 shades darker than the one I got). I wore it several days this week (alternating with my MUFE F&B), and got compliments both times I wore it (my friend told me my skin was flawless!). It has very light coverage, but I would say it's closer to a light foundation than a tinted moisturizer. I don't have particularly oily skin, so I don't set with powder, and it lasted all day for me. I would take off a lippie just for color selection, but since I am lucky enough to be on the darker end of the spectrum, I can't complain. Will repurchase if I run out for sure.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very early review and I will update after couple of uses. Tried this out yesterday in Nordstrom and I have it on today as well..Ever since I read about this product over here been wanting to try this on and see if this could be a HG..I am super crazy about TM's :O) This was a love at first application :) I know its a stretch but NARS has this spot on in terms of consistency which is very light and creamy not thick and goopy yet it does cover better than all the other tinted moisturizers that I have tried. You do not need a lot of product, does the job super well. But the 1 issue with this product is finding the right color match as all the shades lean towards the yellow range..it could be very tough if your are inbetween shades. I was matched with St Moritz( I am NC40) which blends in and makes it look like I have very good skin. The SPF 30 is another plus plus plus and light lemony scent is also a very nice touch.Same price range as the LM TM which is crap (IMO as it also broke me out) 45 dollars for the NARS TM is worth it. I finish with MAC Studio Careblend, flawless skin.... haven't felt this good in very long time.
Overall A Amazing product..will update after couple of uses and crossing my fingers hoping it does not break me out.
UPDATE** 1 ** Its transfer proof and rub proof..did not transfer to my other clothes. The staying power is also great. Put this on in the morning and stayed put till I took off in the night.
UPDATE** 2 ** Wore this to the gym today and it did not rub off.
UPDATE**3**(3/19/12) Still doing wonderful with this moisturizer
UPDATE**4**(07/10/2) Still doing great with this moisturizer, went back to trying my old TM's but noticed that NARS covers much better
UPDATE**5**(03/09/13) Sad to say that this product has given me breakouts, another one bites the dust..

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was matched to Alaska, 2nd lightest shade. Usually I'm the 2nd lightest in color in most foundations, but this shade has a lot of yellow in it and is a bit too dark, despite the description of it having both yellow and pink tones and falling into neutral territory. Compared to LM which I have in Nude, Alaska is definitely more yellow when swatched on the wrist. Applied to the face you definitely see a yellowish cast to it. That said, I think the formulation is superb. It glides smoothly, covers without masking and gives a nice non-greasy glow to the face. Absolutely lovely finish. Haven't worn it all day to see how it lasts. Tomorrow will run out and get sample of Finland and hope that is not too pasty on me. Love the texture and finish so much, that I'm willing to buy 2 shades and mix them if need be.
Update: Got a sample of Finland and it looked more like and Arctic Circle on me, quite ghostly and doesn't give that healthy glow. I mixed my 2 samples, adding about 1/3 of Finland to Alaska and the result is very good. How I wish they added more colors, but in the meantime I may have to get both and mix them.
Final update: Won't be buying it. Colors are not natural skin color, even blended. Too much yellow and I do love yellow based foundations. It's like picking lighter or a bit darker jaundice. It also seems to sit on top of the skin, maybe because the colors aren't right.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

This is what I wanted Sheer Glow foundation to look like on me! I've been using a sample for the last week and I like this a lot. It has a light, easy to apply consistency and doesn't feel too heavy or greasy on the skin. It evens out my skin tone with just enough coverage, but isn't cakey and doesn't break apart on the skin by the end of the day like both Nars "sheer" foundations did - it just looks like your skin. That said, if you have lots of scars or want something with medium coverage, this is probably not the product for you - I find that sometimes this will not cover redness, and I definitely need a concealer to cover up blemishes and acne scars. However, I can see myself wearing this on a daily basis because it's a no-brainer to apply, plus it contains SPF30. It does have a light citrus scent but it doesn't bother me. For reference, I have combo skin and wear this in Alaska. My other color matches are NARS Punjab, MAC nc30, Shiseido O20, BE 1.2/2.0 light.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by machrina

Love love love!! Amazing stuff! I'm NC20-25 and i bought Alaska, in sheer glow i wear santa fe. (alaska is a bit lighter). It gives the most amazing glow. The coverage is light but not as most tinted moisturizers are. On top of it i wear laura mercier mineral loose powder and the result is flawless skin. Definitely i will repurchase. Staying power is great also.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Bluebear74

The formula is fantastic. It's quite moisturizing, yet non-greasy, and feels soothing on my skin. It provides more coverage than other tinted moisturizers I've tried (which is a good thing) and lasts throughout the day. I use it alone if I'm going for a natural no makeup look. If I want some more coverage, then I just add some powder on top (I use Cargo Blu-Ray pressed powder)

However, I took off one lippie because the color selection is poor for the light-skinned. Out of 9 colors available, 7 are medium to dark. I'm a MAC C4/NC35 and use Punjab in Nars sheer glow foundation - I'm not what one would consider pale. I was initially matched to and purchased the third lightest - St. Moritz, which ended up a shade too dark and orangey on me. The second lightest, Alaska, is too light. There's a huge jump between the two shades. I had to go back to purchase Alaska, and I mix the two shades for a good match. I find this very inconvenient. Nars, please make more light shades.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by nicojones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simply love this product: the finish it gives makes it different e.g. from LM TM - simply dewy/glowy as if yoķ were 10 years younger...:-)) While Laura Mercier gives a flawless but matte finish, this one is different yet making your skin looking flawless. It stayed on for about 6 hours (then I removed it, so it might stay longer), it perfectly evens out your skin tone while looking totally natural - Iīm still a no-makeup-girl so I appreciate that the consistency is light and weightless once you applied it. Iīm a NC20/Nars Sheer Glow Deauville/MUFE 117 and Finland is a perfect color match for me, the color is in between Porcelain (light1) and Nude (light2) concerning Laura Mercier TM. Overall I can only rave so far. You have to try it if you like TM in general.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! I didn't have high hopes for a tinted moisturizer but I was sick of trying to find a foundation. My skin isn't horrible. I have the occasional pimple and sometimes with school I'll have undereye circles. I went ahead and paid the $42 to give it a shot. I was extremely impressed with the texture and coverage. It evened out my skin tone and made my face looked simply flawless and glowy. I couldn't get over how my face looked. I got compliments all day. Love this product!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by fashion10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GORGEOUS, pure radiance, light weight. Great variation of colors. I also love the MAC face and body so I would switch up between the two. Nars did a great job. For reference I am NC45. I bought this in Malaga perfect shade for me. Seychelles was too dark for me.
UPDATE: Had a few break outs around the time I started using this, I didn't want to take the chance so I returned it. Will continue using my MAC face and body.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 Sunscreen PA+++
Net WT. 1.9 Oz. 50 mL
Price: $42 (USD)

My shade: St. Moritz, Medium 1 (Sheer Glow/Matte: Barcelona, MAC: NC40, Shiseido: B60)
My skin type: oily, acne-prone

Ingredients:
Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.4%, Titanium Dioxide 6.1%

Inactive ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Cyclomethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydorxide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxano, Fragrance, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Aluminum Distearate, Talc, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Polysilicone-2, Vibrio Alginolyticus Ferment Filtrate, Tocopherol, Alteromonas Ferment Filtrate, Sea Salt, Hydogen Dimethicone, BHT, Algae Extract, Sodium Metabisulfite, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Potassium Sorbate, [+/- (May contain): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides].

NARS claims:
ďThis lightweight oil-free tinted moisturizer immediately helps thirsty skin feel hydrated. It has been proven to help reduce the appearance of discoloration and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation for a clearer and brighter complexion in just 4 weeks. It obscures the appearance of lines, wrinkles, pores, and other imperfections. SPF 30/PA+++ adds a translucent veil of protection.

Oil-free, Paraben-free, Synthetic-Fragrance-free, Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist tested.Ē

MY REVIEW:
I have been using this for about 10 days. Please keep in mind I am comparing NARS to Bobbi Browns tinted moisturizer, which I used for about 2 months. I wanted to try something new so I went to the NARS counter to purchase Sheer Glow and was introduced to this product (I walked out with both). The Sales Associate first applied Annapurna, which was too yellow for my skin. It left my skin orangey. She then applied St. Moritz, which is one shade lighter and a better match.

I was a bit hesitant using another TM because after using Bobbi Brownís TM for 2 months, I noticed my face getting oily shortly after application. So back to the store it went. I skip moisturizer and sunblock while this product allows me to. I enjoy the one-step kind of products.

It has been about 10 days and this is by far one of the better TM that has kept my oil under control. After 4 hours of wear, there is a nice sheen to my skin, definitely not oily looking.

USAGE AND APPLICATION:
After cleansing and toning, I apply my eye cream then follow with NARSí Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer then NARSí tinted moisturizer with clean fingers. I prefer applying with my fingers as I do with most of my liquid foundations. I usually spot conceal after applying my liquid foundation, but I skip this step when using TMís. The reason being, is that I like the finish of this TM as it shows my natural skin. My skin has minor blemishes, so it covers just enough to even out my skin tone. I then apply blush and finish my whole look with NARSí Loose Powder in Eden.

CONSISTENCY AND COVERAGE:
Itís your typical creamy moisturizer, but a bit thicker. But not too thick that it canít spread easily. The coverage is light to medium. I suggest starting off with half a pea size and build if you need more. The first time I applied it, I use double the pea size and it looked way too cakey. Keep in mind, it's buildable. If you want more coverage, spot concealing can be followed after application and before a finishing powder if preferred.

WHAT DO I EXPECT FROM THIS PRODUCT?
I expect this product to give me a more even look as well as the added protection from the sun. In addition, Iím looking for oil control, but not a matte finish. This product does exactly what I'm looking for.

OVERALL:
I really like the lightweight feel of this TM. I havenít noticed any reduction of my hyperpigmentation. I will continue using this solely for the coverage, finish, and texture. Even if it does not reduce discolorations, Iíll still use this. I do like the moisturizing effects of both BB and NARS, I mostly like the oil control better with NARS especially since this will be my spring/summer coverage. I will add a more in depth review later on to see if there have been any improvements.

Itís also nice to see a TM that uses PA+++, which is an element in a lot of Japanese sunscreens that adds extra protection. I definitely could see more brands following this method for tinted moisturizers in the near future.

***UPDATE: MARCH 10***
I love it, but haven't seen any changes to my skin. I have minimal scaring left behind form acne so as it claims to lighten and I don't see that. I didn't buy it for that reason anyways, so I'm keeping it.

I was setting it with NARS' Loose Powder in Eden which looked beautiful when first applied, but then I noticed I was getting extremely oily shortly after. Now that I've stopped using both products together I'm less oily. I now set it with Giorgio Armani Micro-fil Loose Powder. That seems to work the best for my skin at controlling oil.

PURCHASE AGAIN?