Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Color looks gorgeous in the pot but on my lids, it came out more to a browny taupey silverish color!! I was expecting more of a bronZy-brown shade. I use my sephora concealer brush to apply all over the lid. Nice color but I wouldn't repurchase

on 2/13/2012 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I think that these Maybelline cream gel eye shadows are worthy of purchase overall. I bought this one and the one in Bold Gold. I almost didn't purchase this (Bronze) one, because when I went to get it specifically and saw it, I noticed that it really didn't appear to be the bronze color that I was expecting in the pot. I decided to get it anyway and, once applied, it sure isn't bronze at all, it's more of a taupe. For that I am disappointed.

on 2/12/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best shade of the best drugstore cream eyeshadow available. The color is a beautiful shimmery cool bronze that dries to look just like a powder. It can provide a very nice wash of color on its own, or can be easily layered with other colors. My personal favorite is to use UDPP, then this, then put Urban Decay's Smog from the original Naked palette on top. Lovely color, great price, and sturdy packaging.

on 2/12/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool

very creamy, and blends well. i like that it dries to a powdery finish. not as dark as i though it would be, but its buildable. not amazing staying power, but its great for days when i dont have a lot of time for makeup. if you dont like shimmer, dont get this.

on 2/11/2012 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think that this is the only one in the bunch that is wearable for me. TAT made me look bruised. I really like this cream shadow but it's not as nice as the MUFE aqua creams. These color tattoos don't become part of the skin like the aqua creams do. But for a drugstore cream shadow, this is amazing. And the color of this one is really pretty and looks great on blue eyes.

on 2/10/2012 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily lids and so far no primer has worked to completely keep my eye shadows from creasing until this product came to town. Paint Pots make my eyes water and eventually crease my shadows. UDPP hasn't been that much helpful either. I'm amazed at how great this product is and easy to blend and wear with my other eye shadows. Now, if they would just make something matte like a painterly paint pot, they would truly be the bomb diggity!! ☺

on 2/10/2012 11:54:00 AM

This was a cheap e/s and I am glad since it did not work for me I found application messy with both brushes and my fingers. It had too much glitter and too much silver sheen. You would think a product called bronze would be warmer but this was not the case on my NC 44 skintone. It was a very icy cool tone shade. It probably looks better on fairer skin.

There are pricier dept store brands like MAC that are much better, I will stick with those.
I will either toss this or give it away to someone else. It was a waste of money and I will not purchase it again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
-no creasing on my oily lids after 8hrs (haven't gone longer yet)
-sheer wash that can be layered beautifully with Naked palette
-cheap
-creamy then doesn't budge

Cons:
-available colours are too bold; wish there were more neutral shades
-wish it was buildable

I initially bought Tough as Taupe thinking it was a cheaper dupe for MAC Painterly but Tough is more putty than taupe. I gave it another try by buying Bronze and I love it. I do love this sheer wash. If I wanted bolder colours, I layer on shades from my Naked palette.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow is amazing, it gives the most unique bronzed/metallic color and it wears for a long time. Perfect for that sunkissed eye look in just seconds! I'm not sure about the 24hr stay because I don't wear my makeup for that extra-long period of time but it definetly stays all day. I must say it does fade a tiny bit but nothing too dramatic you can definetly see the color all day. I also use powder eyeshadows over it and it makes them look great.

on 2/9/2012 5:53:00 AM

Unfortunately, for me happens the same phenomenon like with the YSL cream shadows and the powder-cream-hybrids from Armani - after only 3 hours, the eyeshadow starts to feel slick and greasy, and retreats to the crease. At the end of the day, after having that uncomfortable greasy feeling all the time on my eyelids, the color really was almost completely gone and stuck in the crease. Till now, that never happened to me with the creamies from Benefit and Bobbi Brown. Strange but true. Will bring it back to the drugstore. What a pity, I had high hopes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials