September 3, 2014 | 1466 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation for my dry skin. The finish is so natural looking, it looks like your skin, not like a mask. The coverage is medium and it spreads like a dream. One pump is enough to cover my face. I tried a standard flat foundation brush but found it streaked. I found applying this with fingers is best. My skin feels so smooth after applying this and in terms of staying power for me this foundation lasts through a 12 hour day with no problems, I usually just have to blot my t-zone about mid way through the day. I don't set it with powder either. The only downside I can see is that the shade selection is limited. I am the second darkest shade in what they carry at SDM (#55 Beige Fonce) and I am a MAC NC37 right now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation makes me so sad. I love the finish and coverage. The finish is very natural, not too matte, not too shiny. It really has a skinlike finish. The coverage is light but can be build up to a medium coverage and it doesn´t feel heavy on my skin. Surprisingly enough, I was even able to find a decent colour match for my NW15 skin, namely 51 Light Vanilla. It really is a great foundation and I think it would work for a lot of people. Sadly, it makes me break out quite badly. I've had it for a few months now and every time I've used it, I would break out the next day. At first I kept trying to wear this foundation, because I really do love this foundation, but right now my skin is full of spots and it's not a pretty sight. I think this is caused by the large amount of fragrance in this product. Sad to say, I will not repurchase this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by zombieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm new to Bourjois. To be honest, I don't like spending that much on make-up cos I've given up hope on them. But I'm glad I bought this. (I had free Bourjois mascara with it so it was good value heehee) The thing I love about this foundation is that it really blends well with my skintone! I have been using Maybelline and Rimmel foundations and concealers but they always look obvious (and dark) on my face. (Thus, why I have given up hope on foundations lol) This, however, was perfect! At first, I was hesitating to buy the darker shade because of my experience in buying darker shades in other brands. But it worked really good with my skin and it also smells nice. It doesn't feel heavy or irritating on my skin and I don't even need to put on much cos it blends so well. The one thing I don't like about it, however, is that it really doesn't cover much of your blemishes or scars. I have acne AND chickenpox scars (I had really bad chickenpox last year on April/May) on my face. I guess I would need concealer for those. But overall, it really does great on my skin and skintone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by rachelDT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to write a reveiw on this because i love love love it ! Im a makeup snob and usually buy only high end foundations , i sware this beats them hands down , i brought the new armarni one and this is much better and soooo much cheaper , it makes my skin look healthy and doesnt settle in my pores , it blends like a dream , i ran out and brought the original healthy mix but it isnt the same , more heavier and matt , i recommend this to anyone x i will repurchase this as soon as possible

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the shade 51 (Vanille Clair) and it's a great match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15. After wearing this foundation on and off for a few months I feel this foundation it has really grown on me enough that I would repurchase. What I do like about this foundation is the pump dispenser, how easy the foundation blends into my skin, looks very natural, and sets to a semi-matte glowy finish. This foundation has sheer to light coverage that isn't really buildable without looking cakey. I find this foundation looks really good for about 8 to 10 hours then starts to fade and disappear from my skin. Definitely not a long wearing foundation for me, but a good option for days when I want light coverage and not overly concerned about length of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this! It is SO blendable, so smooth, looks naturally radiant instead of just dry and dull.

I mean, does it actually improve your skin with use? I don't know, and to be honest, I don't care - that's why I have a skin care routine.

As a foundation, I find that this covers quite well (need concealer), feels very smooth, lasting power with pimer is good, and the colour selection is decent in that, every shade doesn't have a pink undertone! Yay!

I would def repurchase - I am a huge fan of Bourjois foundations, and this one is better than the original healthy mix - much smoother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

Nicely surprised by this foundation. I truly didn't expect to find a nice formula for such a low price. Since I don't wear it everyday, I waited before posting a review. In every instances I used it, it looked very natural. I apply with my fingers & finish off with a brush to make it look more natural. It disapears, leaving a very natural coverage. I don't know yet how it will do in warmer weather, I may edit later on, but for now I can say that I quite satisfied. Even If I have to get a lighter formula for summer, I must say that since Bourjois was so affordable, it would be no biggie.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by annie917

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had more or less given up on foundation. They always seemed to settle into pores/lines making me look much older than I am, and often broke me out. I decided to have one more go, after seeing this recommended in a Lisa Eldridge video. I am so glad I gave it a go. It goes on beautifully, doesn't settle into lines and lasts really well. I would say it is light to medium coverage and fairly buildable. I don't need much coverage so this is perfect. So far, no breakouts. I don't feel any of the irritation I would usually feel if I was going to get breakouts. If it does turn out it is clogging, I will actually cry, as I love it so much! Got mine for £10 in Boots, with a free mascara - bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Swizzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation!!!

Because of my skin colour and type, I have never been able to find a foundation for me. They either really bring out my dry patches, they're too orange, they don't last or they just look awful and caked on.

I also don't like to spend too much time on my make-up either!!

The shade 51 is perfect for my skin tone and it just looks gorgeous. It's exactly what I want!!!! I just squirt a bit onto my hands and rub it into my face as if it was moisturiser and it just evens out my skin tone! It's not great coverage but I don't like a lot of coverage because it looks to obvious.

It also leaves my skin looking healthy and dewy, not dry and cakey!!!!

I can't recommend this foundation enough, I can honestly say I will always use it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by GeorginaConway

For an everyday foundation I usually use the Clinique super-balanced makeup foundation, however my skin has been prone to breakouts recently, therefore I decided to look for a new everyday foundation. I came across this foundation watching Lisa Eldridge's makeup tutorials, claiming it was rich in vitamins and leaves skin looking radiant. I bought this foundation in shade 53, which matches my NW20 skin perfectly and I was amazed after first application at how flawless it made my skin look, you couldn't even tell I was wearing any! I've been using it for over 2 weeks now and my skin has totally cleared up and looks a lot healthier. I haven't found any flaws as of yet, but at £11 i'd say that for an every day foundation, its a bargain!