October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by portillosa

I have a very sensitive skin, so just one use of a wrong product makes my skin itchy, red spots and small pimple like spots on my skin. I've been searching for a good foundation that will cover my imperfections, tried products like vichy cream tint (also good for my oily sensitive skin) but after a few use gives my face a break out. I also tried Maybelline eraser anti- age which gives a good coverage for my face first few uses but then later on made my face flaky. Loreal foundations are also not good for my oily/sensitive skin. Until I came across with Bourjois foundation at a local drugstore. I tried it on my hand searching for the right shade, and when I found the right one close to my shade I put a small amount on my face to my pimple area. I know it's crazy but I just want to find out if it will react to my sensitive skin specially to the damaged area. To my surprise it covered my pimple like a concealer effect and the redness was almost not visible. So I put more to see how it will blend on my face, when I got home it got absorbed in my skin giving me a more natural effect. Now I don't even use concealer for my under eye area because it covers dark circles around my eyes. It's also not making my face oily, to my surprise even on my T-zone, I don't even need to put powder or retouch. I am on my 2nd day. I am just waiting for some changes if it will give me break out just like the other products I've tried before. But I have a positive feeling with this one. I will update after a month or so.

===================================
after two months of use, I was puzzled why my under eye skin was getting dull and dry, so I thought maybe the serum foundation so when I apply it on my skin I carefully avoid my under eye area. Maybe my under eye is too sensitive for this product. Still I recommend this but be careful on the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by PandaEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in shade 55 Beige Fonce/ Dark Beige, it is an absolutely perfect match!! It spreads sooo well! I don't need any moisturiser because it's really moisturising but doesn't look oily at all, it's actually matte without looking dry either! The consistency is brilliant, it doesn't cake at all and it's buildable. It gives me a flawless look without being detectable at all. The only thing that I would maybe improve is it's durability, but it's totally fine if you're not touching your face often :) would definitely recommend this product! Try ebay for a cheaper price than £10.99!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* ME - NC25-30 (medium-to-light beige with yellow undertones). Normal to dry, drier in the winter.
* REVIEW - I was in the market for a photo-friendly foundation without SPF and based on the raves here and in the beauty blogosphere, I had to try this out. I purchased this foundation in No. 53 Beige Clair / Light Beige and it’s a perfect match for my NC25-30 skin tone. After using this for the past few months, I’m happy to report that this did not disappoint.
* PLUSES:
+ Moisturizing on my normal to dry skin, especially so in the winter
+ Lightweight, easy to apply consistency
+ Results in a natural healthy semi-matte dewy finish. Not greasy, oily or gross. This is not cakey and it does not transfer easily either
+ Light / sheer coverage
+ Nice packaging with easy-to-identify red cap with hygienic pump that doesn't clog up and it dispenses properly each time!
+ Did not clog my pores and did not break me out either
+ Photo-friendly!
* MINUSES:
- Strong fruity fragrance
- Not enough coverage for visible scars or dark under eye circles
- Formula is not really build-able; concealer is still required for blemishes and skin imperfections
- Does not last the 16 hours as claimed, maybe 8 hours at best with primer underneath and setting powder on top.
* PRICE - About €18 at all drugstores.
* VERDICT - Bourjois is a good quality drugstore brand foundation at a fair price point. It evens out the skin tone and makes my skin look nice, natural and with that healthy, dewy finish. I would repurchase.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic for the price! Best for the winter months if you have combination skin. It's a shame this isn't sold in the USA. I have to stock up next time I'm in Canada.

I'm a high end makeup kind of gal but I must say this foundation is impressive. Especially, for the colder, dryer winter months when my skin is patchy, this has been a God-Send. It blends in beautifully, glides onto the skin effortlessly, and give me medium to full coverage. It almost, erases the texture of my skin and creates even, supple looking skin (especially on dry spots). The finish is quite dewy and "moisturized-looking" which I like. It also smells deliciously of fruits out of the bottle but that smell quickly fades away once on the skin.

I have combination skin, so as far as oil control goes, this doesn't have the best capabilities. I find shine starts building around the 4-5 hour mark but never really gets out of control. I happen to like the dewy look and my skin isn't as oily as it used to be. I don't feel a need to touch up. Oilier skin gals, I recommend you steer clear of this or set with a mattifying powder.

To compare this to Vitalumiere Aqua which everyone claims this is a dupe for, I would say Vita-Aqua has a much more semi-matte finish. Healthy mix serum has a dewy finish for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by pigeonette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using mac studio fix for years but only once in a while, on bad skin days. Unfortunately my skin turned worse recently and I had to use foundation every day - still I felt that I needed something lighter than mac. After reading the rave reviews I wanted to buy the "plain" helathy mix foundation, but it was not available in shade 51 (the lightest) in my country. Though I was fearing that it'd only make my skin more oilier and break me out, I finally settled with the serum...and so glad I did!
My skin is the funniest kind of combination type, with oily nose and chin, dry forehead plus random dry patches around my nose and mouth, and normal cheeks. And this serum balances out my skin beautifully! It gives just the right ammount of coverage for the day, and adds this nice natural glow my skin will never be able to produce on its own..it is very natural though, and maybe I'm just lucky, but it does not make my nose any oilier. (I always use powder so maybe that's the trick...) Due to the serum gel texture it is very easy to apply, I use my fingers and it goes on evenly, not messy at all. It makes my skin super soft, even, radiant and healthy, and I'm not exaggerating!
Some cons: my dry patches need to be hydrated beforehand, because the foundation can look a bit obvious there. Also I don't understand why bourjois adds this heavy perfume to every product. It's not that I don't like the smell, but it's completely useless and some people might be sensitive to it. I got used to it and don't even feel it anymore but people comment on how fruity I smell..
Overall I love this product and would definitely repurchase: the price is awesome, and I need less than a pump to cover my face, so a little goes a long long way. buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by elianachristina

The cons are:
I've been reading that this foundation is a Diorskin Nude dupe. Bullshit! It's not. It doesn't last long on my skin and doesn't hold oil, even with primer and powder on. I have combo skin, but this foundation made me feel like I had oily. Very light coverage.
The pros are:
It feels light and natural. The color ranges match my neutral/yellow undertones. The price is fair. It doesn't breakout, which is great. The serum benefits do work, but it's very subtle.

I'd definitely save more money and buy Diorskin Nude instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by dutchgirlincanada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had read so many great reviews on the product, because so many people said it was a great foundation because it had a more neutral to yellow tone which is what I am and it can be so hard to find a foundation that matches me.

Pros:
-I bought the lightest colour, it blended perfectly into my skin something that I've never had before
-Matte foundation - almost a bit too matte for me as I find it doesn't look as natural and healthy.
-Lasted all day and stayed matte all day. I applied a light loose powder over top
-Good ingredients, no parabens
-light to medium coverage, buildable to a certain extent
-Didn't cause any breakouts on my acne-prone skin

Cons
-I didn't like the way it applied, it seemed to set up too quickly and it was instantly matte so it wasn't the smoothest application and it was difficult to blend
-no sunscreen
-I found the smell a little too strong, did go away after awhile though
-In Canada, this is $26 without tax which I find a little expensive for something that I can buy at Shoppers drug mart

Would I buy this again?
Probably because of how perfect the shade is for me, unless I find something better suited. I think it might be a bit too matte for my liking, but the original Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (not serum) isn't available where I live, but I feel like that would be better for me

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by FloryTheFashionNerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation!

I've had this foundation for quite a while now and I'm still using it. The packaging is okay it's not to small and not too big I guess. The price is okay, it's around £11.00 something. The good thing about this foundation is that it lasts long and doesn't make you look cakey and ofcourse will not give you dry skin! What I like about it is that it's very moisturing so it's not that dry in fact, it's very soft and smooth. I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mandity

This product is absolutely incredible. It has a very natural finish and it blends really well with the skin. You don't even need to set it with powder for it to last if you have a combination skin like mine. However, the coverage IS rather limited so it's not that good for people with acne. However if you only have a pimple or two, you can just apply on some concealer and then you're good for the day. Best foundation I've ever used! Definitely a HG product and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by yasmindropdead

i love this foundation. ive tried many over the past few years and none have beat this. i have combination skin which is oily over the nose, and this just glides on and stays perfect. the coverage is quite light but heavy coverage looks awful on my skin anyway. i usually apply this with a make up brush when im taking my time with my makeup but if im in a rush i can put it on just fine with my fingers, the only thing i dislike about it is that i have to put a powder over my face afterwards because it makes me look very pale and lifeless, but thats because i have to buy the palest shade because its the one that matches my skin. i also have mac studio fix powder and this just completely blows it out of the water. 10/10.