Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 9/12/2012 9:53:00 AM

I adore this foundation. I have on the whole normal, clear skin which doesn't need much covering up so a light option such as this is great. I wear the shade BR20 (B20 with pink undertones). I find it strange that this product has such polarizing views with some saying it oxidizes- not true you must be putting on the entire bottle if that is the case or when some say it doesn't last a long time. It has 30 ml, the same as most standard foundation bottles highstreet or luxory brand. I get that it's expensive but you could buy a crappy dress in New Look for the same price- what will you get more wear out of!? Perfect for day- perhaps not for night which is my only complaint.

on 9/12/2012 12:59:00 AM

Ugh, I wanted to love this product, but using it for 6 months, i am starting to hate it. I bought it on March, and i was really happy about it. It's lightweight, it gave good coverage, it smells good!.
Anyways, getting into the hot weather months, I start to notice that my face would like oily and cakey after a few hours. GROSS! The lease thing i want on hotter days was a cakey face. And it almost felt like the foundation is melting :/
I stopped and switched to MUFE face and body, and UD naked foundation, love both.
Today i picked it up again and thinking it would last longer since the weather is getting cooler(it's like 72 outside today). well, i was wrong. Few hours later, my face start to look shiny cakey again! well, chanel, I always love your products, just not this one.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I begrudgingly made a foundation switch (from Origins "Stay Tunes") to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua a few months ago, once I realized that the mattifying properties of Stay Tunes was making my skin look dry and flakey. I was a bit nervous, because I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin -- obviously, trying out new makeup has me keeping my fingers crossed! Anyway, this foundation is lovely.

PROS: Application is smooth. I'd say medium coverage, and really evens out my skin tone. I no longer get an oil-slick by midday, either, which is an unexpected (but pleasant!) benefit! Also, I like the light, fresh fragrance. Finally (and most importantly), no breakouts!

CONS: Some people may find it pricey, although I don't mind spending $$$ for a few months of great foundation. My major con is the packaging. You need to shake this up A LOT before applying (otherwise, you get a very watery/silicone-y output). I mean, I didn't believe people when they said you really need to shake-weight this, but you do. That being said, I love it, so 30 seconds of shaking it well worth it in my opinion.

on 9/4/2012 6:11:00 AM

I like this product. It smells fresh and its light compared to other liquid foundation. It also gives a good coverage and it lasts all day. I think by far this is my favourite foundation although i don't wear foundation often. I only wear it for a night out.

on 9/3/2012 6:45:00 PM

I bought this after reading postive reviews about 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. I'm on my second purchase. The coverage is slightly more than a tinted moisturized, but less than full coverage. It blends into skin instantly and has a *pore minimizing effect (*does not last all day, darn!, but coverage lasts). It is designed for oily complextions, so depending on your skin/routine you may need to use with a moisturizer. It has a definite floral scent which if you like florals, is very lovely. The colors could be a little better in terms of skin match for me compared to some other brands I've tried, however I still think it's a fantastic product because of the level of coverage, how it blends into the skin, and the finish it leaves which is natural, but enhanced with a very subtle glow.

on 9/2/2012 8:16:00 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with everything glendaly22 said re: it oxidising after only a couple of hours. And I definitely get the same powdery/cakey look as well.

on 9/1/2012 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this foundation alot. I have a very hard to match skintone. I am medium but do not have the yellow undertones added to most foundations created for medium skin. My skin is more pink toned. The BR40 is perfect for me, when I am not tanning, it is my go to foundation. When I tan and use sunless tanner during early summer, it is too light and I use my Dior. It has a great smooth consistency and doesnt feel cakey. I also like the fragrance. I know alot of people do not like a fragrance in their MU, but I do prefer it. It makes application such a pleasure. I think that is why most HE cosmetics do have a fragrance added, they feel more luxurious. Anyway, love it! Will continue to purchase this.

on 8/31/2012 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I wud simply say dis is my everyday foundation.. Not too light n not too heavy... It feels good on my face. The only prob is : it runs out fast+expensive!

This product ended my long, long quest for a HG foundation. I found a couple of samples from and tried it on a friday, it was a perfect match! That day I had so many comments about how well I looked I decided it was worth investing in. The following week I tried to buy it and it wasn't released in UK yet. Forgot all about until I happened to be walking past the Chanel counter on release day. It was fate!!
I love the ease of applying it with my fingers when I want less coverage or with a flat top foundation brush when I want to build the coverage. I love the satiny finsh that make me look really healthy but not shiny or overly dewy. I love the scent. I love the fact it contains ingredients that are good for the skin.
Slightly disappointed by the plastic bottle, it feels quite flimsy, but I guess thats because it needs a good shake and a good squeeze as you near the end. But hey, I can put up with the packaging in return for a foundation that actually suits my tempermental skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Love love LOVE this fondation! I'm the shade b20, nw15, 117 in MUFe hd
I have oily acne prone skin and this foundation gives me perfect coverage for school and doesn't slide off my face.
It's too expensive sadly;( and I wish it came with a pump, the way it comes out is weird.
A little VA and powder and you're set to go:) I recommend you get a tester first