Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Liquid Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 6/30/2012 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this knowing the reviews were mixed. Bottom line: it broke me out so badly, I could just about stand in front of the mirror and watch it happen. The color wasn't bad, but the staying power wasn't the best. It also gushed out of the tube whenever it was turned down, so I had to always be careful to keep it bottom-side up. Totally not worth it, imho.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i don't know if i would buy this again...i ended up returning it. it had a rubbery feel to it, was hard to wash off, and had a gray tint to it...i go tmine in the second to lightest shade and it just looked a little cakey, i guess on my skin..
here's the thing though...I recieved a great deal of compliments about my skin when i was wearing this foundation!!! no joke!...so maybe I just need to buy it again and try it with a different mousterizer or something. also, i bought it half full because of people using it! so i might go back and get it and only use it for long days when i have no time for touch ups:)

on 6/25/2012 5:27:00 PM

I've used Revlon Photoready color correcting primer and liquid foundation for about a year now, and while I loved the full coverage, I became worried that it was too heavy and was causing me to break out. I then decided to try the Rimmel pro primer and 25 hour foundation...the price was so great that I figured it was worth a try. I was shocked! I'm so prone to oily skin and my makeup falling off halfway through the day, and this stays matte and perfect from morning to night! I can rub my face and it doesn't even budge. It looks natural and comes in convenient tube packaging. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money trying to find full cover, long-lasting, oil-controlling makeup, and I can't believe I finally found it at only $5 a bottle. I'd recommend it to anyone!

PS- My skin is fair to medium, depending on if I'm using a tanning moisturizer or not, and the true ivory tone is perfect.

on 6/24/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is absolutely amazing! I have very oily skin and a lot of acne, so it's difficult to find a full-coverage foundation that stays on and won't break me out, but I found this at the drugstore, and it is seriously a miracle! Works way better, lasts all day, and blends so nicely into my skin. I'm not sure how it would work for dry skin, but for me it is HG status :)

on 6/19/2012 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

And now i've moved on to drugstore brands!

Pros
-YES FINALLY, a drugstore foundation with strong yellow undertones :D most drugstore foundations are untouchable by me because theyre just too darn pink for my strong yellow undertones. But not this! I use it in shade 202 and im an NC30. The color match is awesome
-Cute packaging, easy and hygenic
-Good price point

Negatives
-Strange sticky texture, sometimes doesn't set so i have to powder over it
-Doesn't last very long, my oily skin melts it right off
-Scent...strong, flowery :p unnecessary!

However it was cheap so I dont mind keeping it, definitely wont be repurchasing though! Really good for drugstore brand though and recommend it to normal-dry skinned women!

on 6/17/2012 1:02:00 AM

I've been using this for years, i was really gutted for a while because i thought it had been discontinued but then realised they had just changed the packaging to a bottle with a pump, its a dewy foundation, i've had light-full coverage depending on how much i apply, very buildable with layers and still super natural looking, i usually use a thin layer and then add more to areas that need it, so i can still see my freckles, i usually need to set with powder in my t-zone, my skin is combination so my t-zone can get a bit oily, its usually needs topping up with powder 1-2 times but everywhere else i like to leave looking dewy, it also looks good in photos (i'll add a pic for you) most foundations make me brake out in spots but i find rimmel products always work great with my skin, only down side is the lightest shade isn't that light and i have really pale skin so it only matches my skin tone in the summer or when i wear fake tan

on 6/16/2012 10:24:00 PM

This product is fantastic. It looks good in pictures and in real life. It's medium to full coverage but you can sheer it out. However, it broke me out. My friend tried it as well and still broke out. We have totally different skin types. Me acne prone, her not so much. I wish it didn't break us out.

on 6/16/2012 3:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I put this on at about 8 in the morning, went to work for about 7 hours (was very hot), came home and fell asleep (face down on my pillows lol) and it's now 5pm and i just checked my face and it still looks perfect. I have tried so many different foundations that claim to last for ages and none of them have worked as well as this one has. It blends so easily into my skin and has never looked cakey. I do think the colour range could be better but i luckily have found one that suits me at the moment. If anyone reading this is thinking about getting it, I think you defiantly should! 5/5

on 6/12/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally. HG drugstore foundation! I've been really picky about my foundation, but this is just a god-send. I only used to use high-end foundations, mostly from Lancome, but I found that this is sooo worth the price, and I prefer this over other $40+ other foundations out there because of its performance to price ratio! I love the shade, and I love the coverage. It's not full coverage, but medium, and you can build it up. I dont think it's necessarily the most matte foundation for oily skin, but it does hold up pretty well with a bit of touch up throughout the day. I found that if I use airbrush foundation, it works the best. Near full-coverage without looking cakey. Definitely worth the price, definitely will purchase again. I just hope it doesn't discontinue... I'm even thinking of stocking up on it but I don't think that's a good idea lol

on 6/11/2012 10:31:00 PM

In the last 5 years, I've probably used more than 30 foundations, from Nars, Lancôme, Clinique, MUFE, MAC, Maybelline, l'oreal, covergirl, tarte....the list goes on. If its a mattifying foundation, I've used it. I have a oily T-zone that doesn't know when to stop, so even a mattifying foundation will become *dewy* with a few hours. This foundation is the best long-lasting, matte finish foundation I have ever used. It stays on all day until you are ready for it to come off, it helps your concealer and blush stay on longer too. It does not smudge or run off, it doesn't become patchy. It stays on through sun, sweat, rain, snow and wind. With this, it doesn't even break me out. However. You must be careful about taking this off. I think many are used to a lighter foundation and just think one wash with a cleanser is good enough. Then of course this might break you out! What you need is a makeup remover, then cleanser then toner to get the residue. You cant have it smudge/transfer proof all day then expect it to just fly off your face with one swipe.

It also has no SPF. This isn't an issue for me because I use moisturizer and sunscreen. I recommend the Vichy one if anyone wants a matte sunscreen. Back to this foundation, it works well for photos since there will be no shininess from oil or SPF. It photographs well and doesn't have a white cast.

Apply with your fingers. After trying many methods, I find this is the best way to smooth out the foundation and work it in, a few dots will do it (it is very pigmented). Application is relatively goofproof.

A downside is the limited color selection. Here's the color I wear-
200 beige in rimmel 25 hr
NC25 or C2/3 in MAC
W4 in Loreal True Match
Warm Beige in Covergirl Clean Oil Control
325 Sandstone in Covergirl Natureluxe
210 Sandy Beige in Maybelline Fit Me
22 Natural Beige in Maybelline Aqua Gel Foundation (Asia only)
Medium Beige in Bare Minerals Original Foundation
Medium in Benefit Some-Kinda-Gorgeous
Soft Beige in MUFE Mat Velvet
Bisque W in Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24 hour
Nude Beige in Clinique Superbalanced

....unfortunately I don't have the rest of the foundations I've tried since I threw them away, returned or gifted them to friends who were better suited. Hope this review helps. If you are in the color range, then this foundation is definitely worth trying.

Video Reviews & Tutorials