Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 3/24/2011 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this so much, but it wasn't a win for me.

Pros: Only $7 at the grocery store. The texture is great, and I love the smell and the cool feeling when I applied it but that is where the good ends.
Cons: Broke me out into small red pimples, on my face and neck (ick). Wasn't moisturizing enough for my face. Kind of burned a little when it dried.

I'm glad this worked great for others but for me this was a big flop. My search continues. I'll probably give it to my husband to use on his face or maybe just use it as a hand cream till it's gone.

on 3/23/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not emollient enough for my dry skin. In fact, I don't think it does anything to reduce dryness on me. I do like the smell and the fact that it sinks in right away.

on 3/22/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Such a nice basic moisturizer! It's wonderful if you're like me and you want to get ready fast in the morning: it is the consistency of hair gel, spreads very easily, and sinks in rapidly. The texture is fun, and it is a luminous honeydew melon color. If you don't want to dip your fingers in the jar, you can give it a good shake and then use the gel that sticks to the lid.

I like that it DOESN'T have sunscreen. I hate moisturizers with a token spf 20; I'm always afraid that they will react with the substantial titanium/zinc sunscreens I like to use. This Garnier stuff goes on light and fresh, and it helps your sunscreen blend in smoothly without drying your skin out. I like to put on L'Occitane sunscreen veil or Josie Maran argan oil sunscreen over it. It seems to be made for layering. It's also nice on your legs after shaving.

Cons:

- not super emollient - it's not going to save chapped skin or banish those wrinkles around your eyes.
- doesn't give me really glowing skin.

on 3/21/2011 11:11:00 PM

I love gel-creme type of moisturizers, so this one is no exception. It's light and moisturizing enough for my combination skin. Smells fresh and absorbs quick. Works for me, but for those who want something more moisturizing would need to look a little further. This is a decent moisturizing gel with a low price tag that keeps me happy.

on 3/15/2011 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I want to say straight from the start that I bought this solely because of price AND I can get it at my local Wal-greens or Wal-Mart. I recently was using Atopalm which is expensive for a small amount ($20 for 1 ounce) and I have to order online. Money means a lot these days and I have to save where I can.

That being said, this was a pleasant surprise. The texture is a gel and it sinks into skin very quick. You just need a little and it keeps me from getting dry patches (hard for me to find) and gives me a great canvas for makeup application. Previously I have gotten red from certain lotions and this doesn't make me red or blotchy at all. I never thought of garnier as a great skin care line but I will definitely check out other items from this brand due to the moisture rescue experience. Surprised that I would ever be satisified with a drug store moisturizer but this is a winner! Price was $4.99 with a coupon. I will update if I have any issues. So far so good.

on 3/13/2011 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This gel-cream moisturizer is great for my combination skin. It doesn't add shine to my t-zone, which I love. It is a little pricey for me (seeing as I'm a full time college student and price is everything!) but a little goes a long way and this little jar will last a long time.
I wasn't expecting a miracle product but this does everything I need it to. It softens my skin and adds moisture to my face without making it feel oily.
I will definitely buy again, if I ever run out!

on 3/11/2011 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've used about half of the jar, and I can say that yes it moisturizes ok and it absorbs quickly. BUT, it makes my face shiny. I don't have super oily skin and don't have problems with shinyness other than occasionally in the tzone. This makes my WHOLE face shiny. Sad, because I really liked the gel texture and the cooling feeling when applied.

on 3/11/2011 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the best moisturizer for my skin type! I have tried countless other moisturizers before I found this one, and this one was the best bar none! It's very light; not greasy and it dries up quickly and moisturizes just as fast. My skin has definitely improved using this every morning!

on 3/3/2011 6:22:00 AM

Love this stuff! My T-zone is always oily and my cheeks have been soooo dry the past few months and this stuff is great. I love how it has like a cooling feel to it when you put it on. There is a light clean fragrant scent to it. Non irritating as some other moisturizers tend to be on my skin. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the product seems to be used up fast.

on 3/2/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE!! I have exremely dry skin around my nose and cheeks, and this works wonders for my skin. I also use the facewash, and the day moisturizer with spf. They are all fantastic. Highly recommend to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.