December 22, 2014 | 1264 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by nmariec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this stuff -- it's like Clinique's Moisture Surge, except you can get it at the drugstore. It feels light and refreshing and absorbs quickly but is super moisturizing. It works wonders on trouble spots if you have some dry patches on your face.

The only thing is the packaging, it's in a glass jar with a lid and might be more convenient in a pump or something. Still would purchase again. Would love a travel size package too, hint hint!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by DwFaN1234

the reason i got this was because i wanted something cheaper than the moisture surge from clinique. so far moisture rescue has proven to be a drugstore dupe for many of the department store gel creams that i have tried like clinique's and lancome's. it works just has good as them but costs a fraction of the the price i would definitely recommend it to people who wants a cheaper alternative to their department store gel creams.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin that dries out, but I also have a problem with breaking out, so I find it very hard to find a good face cream that will keep my skin mosturized, without clogging my pores and making more breakouts.

I used up my jar of my usual Garnier Skin Renew Cream that I love, so went to buy more and found the Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream was on sale for $10 so I thought I would give it a try.

It's alright, but it sort of leaves my skin feeling a little sticky. I think it would be good for people with oily skin. I don't really like it though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this moisturizer ever since it's release last year and my skin absolutely loves it. I have oily skin in general but do have some dryness between my eyebrows and on the sides of my nose. I do use the moisturizer all over my face and find that it does hydrate those dry patches yet does not overmoisturize the oily spots. I love the gel texture - it's lightweight, non-greasy and and my skin immediately drinks it in. It feels refreshing and cool when applied, and has a light, clean scent. There is virtually no absorption or "dry-down" time for me and my skin does not feel sticky or tacky. It feels soft, smooth and hydrated. I love the way this makes my face look and feel invigorated and I have not experienced any adverse skin issues since using this. The fact that this comes in a jar that you have to dip your fingers into does not bother me, however, I do wish that the jar was plastic instead of glass. I could see it creating a giant mess if you were to accidentally drop it on the tile floor in your bathroom or if it were to break in your travel bag. I purchased this at Target for $6.99 which I think is a fabulous deal. This has become a staple in my daily routine and I will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by cesyxn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great moisturizer. It is the best one i have ever tried. I would only recommend it for oily skin because it is ultra ligthweigth. I have always had problems with other moisturizers, they would bresk me out and make my face oilier throughout the day. This moisturizer did not break me out and kept my face smooth and oil free.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Kinipela419

This product worked so nicely for my fair, sensitive, and dry skin. I have lots of trouble finding products that don't irritate my skin. It did make my cheeks a tiny bit red, but it went away shortly and left my face really soft, smooth and even minimized the look of my pores which I wasn't expecting. It was worth waiting the few minutes for the redness to tone down for how my skin looked after. The product smells nice, rubs in and absorbs quickly ready for makeup and would make an excellent base for it. I had previously used Clinique Moisture Surge, but it was costly after a while and took a bit longer to absorb. I will be buying this product again instead!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This moisturizer clogged my pores up really quickly, made my face scaley, & inflamed + too much scent. I think it has too much silicone and alcohol & my face doesnt respond good to grape seed. It is also a bit pricey & I hate the packaging. I will never buy this again or recommend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by met451

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I was living in China, Garnier bought up a native Chinese cosmetics company and started marketing this product under their brand. When this product was brought to the US, I checked and sure enough, the ingredients are the same, packaging is the same, etc., so I figured I can review it even though I haven't bought the "American version". I absolutely loved this stuff while living abroad mainly because if you have oily skin, this won't make it worse nor will it dry you out, it just seems to balance moisture in the skin. I would wear this under my sunscreen and then at night as well, no problems with break outs. However, I only used this during the warmer months, I don't know if I would recommend using it during the winter mainly due to the fact that I believe its moisturizing properties won't do much for very dry skin, however if you have combination skin, I would recommend this as a light moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim, because my cheeks had been getting extra dry in the winter and my co-worker recommended this to me. So I went ahead and bought it, it's not bad to put over my prescription gel but it really didn't work just by itself on my cheeks, which is most likely why I would not purchase again, though not saying it's a bad product, just didn't work for me and my super duper dry cheeks. Everywhere else it was a nice finish, no film and not overly moisturizing either on my T-zone. I did notice the flaking of my forehead to be a bit less noticeable.

Basically, if you have slightly dry to moderatly dry skin, this would be great for you. But if you're like me and you have to layer moisturizers... and have extremely dry and red cheeks, this would not be enough. Again, not that it's bad, I actually liked it, it's just for me, it's not enough moisture :/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfection! I bought this because I ran out of my Clinique gel and the weather was so bad I didn't want to go all the way to Macy's to pick another bottle up. My friend was raving about this product a little while ago so I thought I'd pick it up, not expecting much. But I was very pleasantly surprised! It has everything I've been looking for in a moisturizer! Gel consitency, water-based/oil-free, non-sticky, refreshing and very moisurizing!

It actually reminds me a lot of Shiseido's Pureness Gel-cream, but less drying. :)

LOVE this stuff.