September 21, 2014 | 1100 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by met451

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I was living in China, Garnier bought up a native Chinese cosmetics company and started marketing this product under their brand. When this product was brought to the US, I checked and sure enough, the ingredients are the same, packaging is the same, etc., so I figured I can review it even though I haven't bought the "American version". I absolutely loved this stuff while living abroad mainly because if you have oily skin, this won't make it worse nor will it dry you out, it just seems to balance moisture in the skin. I would wear this under my sunscreen and then at night as well, no problems with break outs. However, I only used this during the warmer months, I don't know if I would recommend using it during the winter mainly due to the fact that I believe its moisturizing properties won't do much for very dry skin, however if you have combination skin, I would recommend this as a light moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim, because my cheeks had been getting extra dry in the winter and my co-worker recommended this to me. So I went ahead and bought it, it's not bad to put over my prescription gel but it really didn't work just by itself on my cheeks, which is most likely why I would not purchase again, though not saying it's a bad product, just didn't work for me and my super duper dry cheeks. Everywhere else it was a nice finish, no film and not overly moisturizing either on my T-zone. I did notice the flaking of my forehead to be a bit less noticeable.

Basically, if you have slightly dry to moderatly dry skin, this would be great for you. But if you're like me and you have to layer moisturizers... and have extremely dry and red cheeks, this would not be enough. Again, not that it's bad, I actually liked it, it's just for me, it's not enough moisture :/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfection! I bought this because I ran out of my Clinique gel and the weather was so bad I didn't want to go all the way to Macy's to pick another bottle up. My friend was raving about this product a little while ago so I thought I'd pick it up, not expecting much. But I was very pleasantly surprised! It has everything I've been looking for in a moisturizer! Gel consitency, water-based/oil-free, non-sticky, refreshing and very moisurizing!

It actually reminds me a lot of Shiseido's Pureness Gel-cream, but less drying. :)

LOVE this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by CollectiveChaos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would buy this product again IF AND ONLY IF it didn't me break me out. I would give it a 5 if it wasn't for the bumpy skin. In the beginning I didn't like it because like others, it felt good initially but then it felt dry. But after a while of using the product made my skin feel beautiful and helped my oily forehead. Then a few months came a long and I started getting bumpy skin and no matter what I did nothing worked (it made me so sad to see my face in the sun and see these ugly bumps) until I stopped using this product first and miracously the next day the bumps were less. Again, loved the product but BOO to the bumpy skin :[

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by wantrista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This gel cream actually reminds me of H2O plus face oasis hydrating gel. If you have oily and dehydrated skin like me, this is definitely not moisture enough especially during the fall season. You have to have applied other moisturizers on the top of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best basic moisturizer ever,is more of a gel moisturizer with no oilyness.Contains no anti aging or antioxidant properties though

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by rspence23

i am in love with this gel cream! i will use this forever! before this is used clinques gel lotion and i really like it but ive got to say i would choose garnier because of how cheap it is!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Texture is amazing. I love the cold gel cream sensation when applied after toning. I've got oily skin but do suffer from the seasonal dry spots in the winter.

I favor this cream at night before bedtime, a little moisture to keep my skin hydrated. My face doesn't feel oily when I wake-up, just a tad bit refreshed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this - I've used it once so far - but I forgot to put it on today if that tells you anything. It felt a smidge sticky on my skin but was otherwise nice and refreshing. My makeup looked fine all day. I'll try and remember to put this on for a few more days and update this review!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ed100866

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only moisturizer I've ever been able to use that doesn't break me out and doesn't add any extra shine to my skin. My skin is normally quite oily, but I get dry patches in the winter because of the drier air and indoor heating.

All skin can become dry for 2 different reasons: lack of oil or lack of water (or in some cases, both). This moisturizer works so well on oily skin because it adds WATER to your skin, not oil. It's light, refreshing, and it works.