April 19, 2014 | 1653 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This doesn't moisture. The only thing I like about this is the consistency of the gel and the packaging. (...) This is just a lame attempt at a gel type moisturizer really.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product, it is my all time favorite mosturizer, and i have tried so many. I have oily skin that gets very shinny by the end of the day. This product doesnt make it worse, I actually believe it helps reduce oil. I get dry flakes on my face durring the winter, but this keeps those flakes away. I have very acne prone skin aswell, and this product did not break me out in the slightest.
PRO:
Cheap
easy to find
pleasent smell (but not overwhelming)
looks nice under makeup
great quality packaging (in a glass container)
didnt add oil to my face
feels light on the skin

CONS:
fragrance may bother some
doesnt moisurize enough if you have extremely dry skin IMO

I have already purchased this twice and it remain in my skincare routine for as long as its made. Would highly reccomend

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really dry, very sensitive skin and I generally have to wear expensive moisturizer. I had a sample of this in a magazine and it did not seem to make my skin sensitive so when I found it at the Supercenter for REALLY cheap I decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised! This stuff works pretty well! Has a nice cooling effect on my rosacea (cheek area) and is so cheap I can slather it on without worrying about running out. I put a thick coat on and let it soak in. Takes about 3 minutes. I normally have horrible dry, scaly patches on my skin come winter time. Since using this I have had none! So surprised! This has replaced my expensive Clinique creams. The only thing I wish is it came in a fragrance-free version. The smell is nice I just do not like to put it on my skin but so far, my jar is 3/4 of the way gone (had for about two months now and used once daily) and has not shown any sign of irritation. Looking forward to trying more Garnier products!
EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT AT A GREAT PRICE! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: This is marketed more for drier skin, I think. But it works great for my combo, sometimes acne-prone skin. I use this whenever I am more acne-prone, and I still get to feel moisturized. Wonderful, light, gel consistency. It's all gel...not "gel/cream." Fresh, cucumbery smell that almost, almost has a floral scent to it. It's pleasant, so I don't mind. Reasonable price. It gives my skin almost enough moisture to feel soothed, relaxed and just generally good, but never leaves a film or any oiliness on me. Better for me when I'm oily. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

CONS: Not for those who need a whole lot of moisture. Like I said, I don't think they are labeling/marketing this well. Many won't like it comes in a jar which fingers can contaminate. (I have clean hands when applying, so it doesn't bother me.)

ALTERNATES: This is a good dupe for "Moisture Surge" by Clinique, which is maybe slightly more moisturizing, a lot more expensive, but has no scent. For more moisture, try Dr. Lewinn by Kinerase's Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream or My new love, Derma e's Hyaluronic Acid line (day and night cream).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

This is my 2nd HG find this week and I can almost cry. I am so thankful that this is so cheap. I do not like paying too much for so-so items, and if I find something I like that is a little too $, I do try to look for something similar but cheaper because I don't believe that a product has to be expensive to work well.

I love gel moisturizers because I am very oily, but very dehydrated because I use a lot of exfoliants to help with my acne & scarring. This moisturizes so well because of the high glycerin content which is listed as the 2nd ingredient. I have had some break out issues with glycerin products before, but not with this.

What makes this HG?
1) Moisturizes w/o any greasy feeling. Absorbs like that (snaps fingers)
2) Make up wears very well over it
3) Very affordable, around $7
4) Easy to find
5) Doesn't add to my oilliness or acne

Does any remember L'oreal's Hydrafresh? It was a fav of mine before they stopped making it, but they had a gel moisturizer that looks and feels just like this. I think the light scent it the same too? Maybe it is a reincarnation, but whatever it is, this is wonderful stuff.

I highly recommend it to those using a lot of chemical exfoliants, I use retinoids and glycolic acid. Those who wear makeup, with oily skin and anyone who wants a frill free moisturizer that makes your skin feel comfortable and gets rid of the flakes of dry patches.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For me, this was a win! It feels cool when I apply it, but it dries to a nice, soft finish, leaving my skin moisturized without feeling greasy or oily. Personally, I like the mild, fruity-herbal smell, but it fades away quickly after putting it on, so even if I disliked it, it wouldn't be an issue. I will definitely repurchase this! I do wish it came in a tube instead of a jar so that I don't have to keep putting my fingers in it, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Leahrm23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have semi oily acne prone skin and am alsways looking for a good moisturizer that wont break me out. I finally found it!! This gel-creme feels so lightweight and rephreshing on my skin, but at the same time really moisturizes me. It soaks right in and doesnt feel greasy at all! Ive found that it makes my Revlon Colorstay apply better too.It doesnt make my skin feel tight right afterwards either. I love the smell and texture of it. I love the jar it comes in,but if it came with a pump Id love it even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by MyBulldogs07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and this moisturizer is great. I use it at night and my face feels soft and smooth and isn't oily in the morning it is very light all you need is a little. I think moisturizer is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's 5 a.m., and I'm at work. But I had to log on and review this!!!
I'VE ONLY USED THIS FOR ONE NIGHT SO FAR.
My skin before this, I was breaking out, my usual tea tree oil and coconut oil didn't help. My t-zone and chin were oily with flakes around the pimples/cystic and little white heads, while my cheeks were normal. I used this last night, and I woke up to ONE whitehead. My skin was neither oily or dry and there was no redness!!!!. The dry areas had cleared up, my break out were gone. <3
When I first applied it, I don't know much about gel, so I put on a little more than enough, which cause my face to be sticky for a bit, but it was gone within 10 minutes.
I'm giving this a 5 for now, and will be back to edit after I've used this for a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I came across this product when I was looking for a good nighttime cream that would moisturize my skin without clogging my pores. Everything else I had tried up to then hadn't wowed me much. I was drawn by the fact that it's a gel-creme.

The first time I tried it I wasn't too sure. It's really more of a gel than a cream, and when it warms to your skin it turns liquid very quickly. A little went a long way due to its liquid consistency and it was so light that I wasn't sure about its moisturizing ability. But I loved the smell and it didn't break me out, so I decided to give it a trial period.

After several weeks of putting it on every night before bed, I am head over heels in love. This is definitely HG, 3-things-on-a-desert-island for me. I can't claim that it will do the same for you, but it's a miracle product for me. Since I began using it, my skin is SO soft, and so clear and glowing. My complexion is more even-toned, my blackheads have all but disappeared, and my skin looks younger and fresher than it has in years. I have to refrain from touching my cheeks all day because they're so soft and smooth.

In the morning I do rinse it off and replace it with an SPF moisturizer (the Lightweight UV Lotion from the same line), but if I'm going out at night this gel-creme also works great under makeup. As long as you don't apply too much (as I said above, a little dab goes a really long way - too much and it will feel a bit sticky) it will sink right into your skin and won't interfere with your makeup at all. If you want a slightly dewy look, apply a second layer of gel-creme and skip the foundation and powder.

I will absolutely buy this again and again.