Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 4/5/2011 4:46:00 AM

I LOVE this product so much! This is my first ever gel moisturizer and I definately prefer it over a cream. Creams feel very heavy and oily on my face. I have comination skin depending on the weather. In the cold months, my face is usually very dry, but in the summer I am oily. The gel feels so lightweight and seeps into the skin really fast. A cream moisturizer, feels like it just sits on top of my skin and then disappears after some time. I feel like with this gel, the moisture is locked in. After using this product for a week, my skin feels healthy and soft. I don't have any more dry patches. I just see a huge difference and I feel it too. Makeup application has become easier since i don't have to use heavy moisturizers to try and cover up the dry patches on my face leaving my face looking cakey.
I'm not usually a fan of fragrances in products, but this has a very light , fresh scent, it smells very clean. The packaging is great. It feels expensive in the glass jar, and for the price, I'm a definate fan.

on 4/4/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pretty good product. Smells nice and defitely feels gel like. Works okay on my skin. Not that moisturizing despite the name. However, it doesn't compare to clinique's ddmg and I would prefer if it didn't include fragrance. All in all a fair product.

on 4/3/2011 11:06:00 AM

Overall, it's decent and priced fairly, but it just doesn't do much for my combo skin. I have to put a lot on my face for it to do much. It doesn't break me out, so thats good. After I run out I'll continue the search for a good night cream/gel to use...this definitely wouldn't be moisturizing enough for daytime use, especially with make up!

on 4/1/2011 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this product. It keeps my skin from getting all flaky and gross. However, when I use it around my nose, it sometimes causes me to break out in the crease between my nostril and cheek. Other than this, however, I have no complaints. It is a good product overall. :)

on 3/31/2011 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

At first I thought I loved this product because it didn't break me out and it made my skin feel really soft and smooth. But after using it for a few months I realized that my face was essentially SPEWING oil just a few hours after applying. It also just wasn't moisturizing enough for my combo skin, especially after washing in the morning. I went back to a lotion moisturizer and the excessive oil stopped. It's too bad because I really like the idea of a gel moisturizer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ive just started using this stuff and i love it so far! i love the way it feels on my face. its so light weight. and i love the cool feeling it gives me. i have oily skin and it doesnt make it more oily. ill probably keep using this stuff:)

This product is super interesting, and I think I am a fan. Now I haven't used it forever but if anything bad happens I will definitely update. I own Clinique Moisture Surge which I do love, but haven't used recently. I'm too afraid of using it all up. It's a great product, but it doesn't work miracles and I think it's way overpriced. So I stopped using it in my skincare regimen, but now I need some moisture, and I am kind of against almost every moisturizer. Unless you have dry skin I see no need for them. So I picked this up and tested it last night. I did my usual skin routine and then before bed put this on my chin. I woke up and there was a difference between my chin/the rest of my face. My chin felt softer, more matte, and just looked healthier. Maybe it was just my eyes lol. But anyway, this morning I tested it out on my whole face. The alcohol (I think because it's denat. alcohol) is not drying AT ALL. I mean, maybe this will be drying if you have dry skin - but if you have really dry skin why would you want a gel moisturizer? It's very gel-liquidy, more than the moisture surge I believe. Personally I love it. I love the ingredients except for one thing - fragrance. If this didn't have it, it would be PERFECT. But, my skin is not sensitive to fragrance so it's fine. I recommend this.

edit: I still recommend this but after a few days I have decided it's not for me. Like, it really doesn't help moisturize my skin. Didn't break me out or anything but the fragrance gets annoying and it's TOO much of a gel like it's too liquidy. I really prefer moisture surge! I hate the damn price tag though, lol. I will continue to use this on my body or something, idk.

on 3/25/2011 1:40:00 PM

I have been using this product for a while, and I recently purchased it again because I really do like it. First, it smells really nice. I like the light, fresh scent it has and it smells very natural and light. I use it both day and night, and it really does have a refreshing feel to it. What I think this moisturizer really has going for it is the consistency and the light-weight feeling it has on the skin. I also love the packaging; the screw-on cap container works well for this product.

Even though it claims to be a highly moisturizing product, it works surprisingly well on my oily T-Zone, yet it does add the moisture I need in my drier areas. I think this is because it is a gel formula, so it absorbs super fast but still does give moisture. It is oil-free, which I really like since my skin can breakout with some skin products if they aren't. I have also purchased the Clinique Moister Surge before, and I really liked that as well but this product is so much cheaper and works the same so I will stick to this. One more thing, this product works AMAZINGLY under makeup:)

Overall a really great skincare product!

on 3/24/2011 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this so much, but it wasn't a win for me.

Pros: Only $7 at the grocery store. The texture is great, and I love the smell and the cool feeling when I applied it but that is where the good ends.
Cons: Broke me out into small red pimples, on my face and neck (ick). Wasn't moisturizing enough for my face. Kind of burned a little when it dried.

I'm glad this worked great for others but for me this was a big flop. My search continues. I'll probably give it to my husband to use on his face or maybe just use it as a hand cream till it's gone.

on 3/23/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not emollient enough for my dry skin. In fact, I don't think it does anything to reduce dryness on me. I do like the smell and the fact that it sinks in right away.

Popular Moisturizers