Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 6/25/2009 11:29:00 AM

Having tried other mineral foundations I found this to be one of the best.The fact that it is a pressed powder makes it easy and mess free to use.The light shade is a perfect match for my fair skin.Must use a primer or moisturiser under,as it needs something to help it buff onto skin.I use the chisell brush that is sold with it and use the dip,draw,dust method and I find this works well.Great for those days when you want a fast application when no time for makeup play.Also have used over liquid foundation for extra coverage and this works well.The utility brush works well as a spot concealer.No skin irritation or breakouts.

on 6/15/2009 1:42:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I use it everyday with my Pur Minerals color correcting primer. I have good skin anyways but this makeup just "polishes" my look.

on 6/10/2009 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this foundation!!
I have used several different mineral makeup brands- and this is definately one of the best. I like how easy this is... and the coverage is great. I have not had any trouble with irritation or breakouts and my skin looks flawless in any light.
I can't ask more than that! And it seems to last all day! (sometimes, touch-ups are difficult to manage in my work and play...)
I would recommend :-)

on 6/7/2009 10:05:00 AM

This is one of the very few foundations I can use. Most foundations have something in them that makes my face dry and flakey.
It doesn't settle in my pores or lines and gives my face a nice finish.

i love this on days that im too rushed to spend time pputting on liquid foundation! it gives me great coverage on my acne prone skin! it covers my acne scars and is amazing! i wish it didnt cost so much...because i use the brush with it i think i lose product :( the packageing is tight and difficult to open at times but very sleek :D i love this stuff! anybody have any they dont like in light or golden medium? ill take it!

on 5/31/2009 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this product and when the sales lady at Ulta put it on my face it looked so nice and flattering. But I failed to realize that I should have tried it on my cheeks before I bought it. My cheeks have huge pores (bigger than my nose) so that is why I didn't like wearing heavy makeup or liquid foundation cause it accentuates my pores. And this stuff did just that. It settled in the huge pores making them look bigger and when I sweated it just made it look worse and the makeup heavy looking. It looked like I just went and took each one of those products it was replacing and smeared it all over my face in thick coats. And the dry areas of my face was flaky. This truly was not worth the price for my dry/combination/acne prone skin but for someone with less issues than me I think this would work just fine for them. Just a bit of advice, try it on your problem areas first to see how it looks before you buy it. I promptly took this back to Ulta after trying several times with this powder. I am so glad they accept returns.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been a FAITHFUL bare minerals customer since 2001. I decided to try this because of hsn. They said you would have the convenience of having a foundation, concealer and powder all in one. I loved having that option having 4 kids and no time. They were RIGHT! This stuff is great! I have less in my make-up bag and more time to get other things done. It went from taking me 15-20 minutes to doing my make-up to 5-10 minutes. Sorry BE. Plus, it looks FLAWLESS! It blends right in.
Also no shine and no breakouts! MY HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 5/19/2009 6:36:00 PM

I really wish this company would offer more color options. With only 8 (I think) that doesn't leave a lot of room for different shades and undertones.

That said, I chose Light. I think it is a bit too light for me, and maybe a little too pink. However, the finish is beautiful and natural and lasts well. The next shade is Blush Medium or Golden Medium...I think I may get one of them and mix a bit (as they're probably too dark on their own). They do make a split compact for mixing 2 shades.

I did NOT like this AT ALL when I first tried it. Using their brush, I felt the coverage was cakey and the color was terrible and it just didn't live up to my excited standards. However, I loved the convenience of the compact so I decided to try it with a different brush. I use the Long Handled Kabuki or Flat Top Brush (works the best) from Everyday Minerals. The Flat Top brush is similar in shape to the chisel, but fluffier and TONS softer and not scratchy or cheap feeling (like the chisel).

Overall, I am keeping this for my travel makeup...and possibly my daily makeup. It's totally easy to apply, quite forgiving. Great for layering and easy to touch up if needed. If they'd offer more colors and drop the prices a bit, I'd love it and give it 5 stars. Check the website (all May they are having sales) and at Ulta (sometimes you can get BOGO).

on 5/14/2009 11:32:00 AM

It gives me a natural looking coverage and it's the best mineral foundation I have used so far!!! Easy to apply with a 4-in-1 product (spf, foundation, concealer and powder) very portable, no mess. It's reasonably priced. I also am prone to block pores but I have had no problems with this foundation.

on 5/13/2009 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Yuck, that's all I got to say about this foundation. The Pur Minerals rep did my whole face and my complexion looked so ruddy, def not natural. It felt disgusting on my skin too, also I was oily after 30 minutes. I find their products overpriced and mediocre. Won't be purchasing this.