Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 7/8/2009 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is great if you just want light coverage. It honestly takes me like 3 minutes to put this on and the pur minerals blush. It covers scars and acne completely! It is drying so you have to have a decent moisturizer under it. Love it.

on 7/8/2009 7:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love this makeup. I have tried to wear Bare Minerals so many times and wasted so much money. I finally walked into Ulta and had one of the ladies apply this to my face. I could not believe the results. I have old acne scars and this covers like a dream with no sparkly shine whatsoever. When I apply at home, it first appears kind of chalky but give it a few minutes and it's like magic! I guess that the minerals meld into my skin or something but it give the allusion that my skin is flawless. I absolutely love this! If you've had a bad experience with mineral makeup in the past please try it!

on 7/5/2009 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have tried a few of these type of mineral powders. I like the Pur Minerals one the best. I like the colors, I can use 3 different ones depending on the time of year. Also there is a product that has two different colors in a split pan so you can custom blend if you want. I like the fact it is pressed and not loose, so no mess. Also I can use it lightly or heavier for the type of coverage I want. The minerals make it water resistant so it stays on even during humid weather. It is easy to apply and blend, and with a small brush I can add a little more to cover redness, blemishes, and sun spots.The titanium dioxide gives you some SPF protection, and I use a sunscreen underneath.

on 6/25/2009 11:29:00 AM

Having tried other mineral foundations I found this to be one of the best.The fact that it is a pressed powder makes it easy and mess free to use.The light shade is a perfect match for my fair skin.Must use a primer or moisturiser under,as it needs something to help it buff onto skin.I use the chisell brush that is sold with it and use the dip,draw,dust method and I find this works well.Great for those days when you want a fast application when no time for makeup play.Also have used over liquid foundation for extra coverage and this works well.The utility brush works well as a spot concealer.No skin irritation or breakouts.

on 6/15/2009 1:42:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I use it everyday with my Pur Minerals color correcting primer. I have good skin anyways but this makeup just "polishes" my look.

on 6/10/2009 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this foundation!!
I have used several different mineral makeup brands- and this is definately one of the best. I like how easy this is... and the coverage is great. I have not had any trouble with irritation or breakouts and my skin looks flawless in any light.
I can't ask more than that! And it seems to last all day! (sometimes, touch-ups are difficult to manage in my work and play...)
I would recommend :-)

on 6/7/2009 10:05:00 AM

This is one of the very few foundations I can use. Most foundations have something in them that makes my face dry and flakey.
It doesn't settle in my pores or lines and gives my face a nice finish.

i love this on days that im too rushed to spend time pputting on liquid foundation! it gives me great coverage on my acne prone skin! it covers my acne scars and is amazing! i wish it didnt cost so much...because i use the brush with it i think i lose product :( the packageing is tight and difficult to open at times but very sleek :D i love this stuff! anybody have any they dont like in light or golden medium? ill take it!

on 5/31/2009 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this product and when the sales lady at Ulta put it on my face it looked so nice and flattering. But I failed to realize that I should have tried it on my cheeks before I bought it. My cheeks have huge pores (bigger than my nose) so that is why I didn't like wearing heavy makeup or liquid foundation cause it accentuates my pores. And this stuff did just that. It settled in the huge pores making them look bigger and when I sweated it just made it look worse and the makeup heavy looking. It looked like I just went and took each one of those products it was replacing and smeared it all over my face in thick coats. And the dry areas of my face was flaky. This truly was not worth the price for my dry/combination/acne prone skin but for someone with less issues than me I think this would work just fine for them. Just a bit of advice, try it on your problem areas first to see how it looks before you buy it. I promptly took this back to Ulta after trying several times with this powder. I am so glad they accept returns.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been a FAITHFUL bare minerals customer since 2001. I decided to try this because of hsn. They said you would have the convenience of having a foundation, concealer and powder all in one. I loved having that option having 4 kids and no time. They were RIGHT! This stuff is great! I have less in my make-up bag and more time to get other things done. It went from taking me 15-20 minutes to doing my make-up to 5-10 minutes. Sorry BE. Plus, it looks FLAWLESS! It blends right in.
Also no shine and no breakouts! MY HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!