Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 4/1/2010 11:24:00 PM

I love this! I was looking for a product that would moisturize my lips well and give a little natural color and this fit the bill. It moisturizes for a really long time! I swear my lips look fuller as well. The lemony fragrance is refreshing. The tube should last a while as it is very chunky. If your skin color is light to medium light the color should show on your lips. If you are looking for a really moisturizing product, and natural color try this out.!

I *love* this lip balm and use it all the time. It smells lovely, moisturizes well, lasts long, and gives a hint of pinky-red colour. Perfect if you ask me. The only thing I don't like is the rather expensive price (why I'm giving it 4 / 5 lippies)... but that isn't stopping me from buying it again because I've lost it.

on 2/4/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this product... yes, it moistens my lips and gives a decent color, but for $22, I thought that this would do more for my lips. It's winter and after using this for a week, my lips are still peeling and dry. I was stupid to assume that the word "treatment" would actually fix any problems that I had. I think that I'm going to save this one for the summer, even though the stick has already kind of started to melt. I feel like I blew $22 on a glorified chap-stik.

on 1/28/2010 9:31:00 AM

I am in LOVE with this tinted Lip Balm, totally worth the $22 price tag in my opinion. HG for me :)

on 1/23/2010 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Have had this for about 2 weeks - thanks to MUA reviews. Love it! Harsh winter plus dry (not-so-young anymore) lips to begin with... this product is a perfect fit for me. The only challenge is finding the right mix of lip liner (a "must" at my age) with the rose tint. Will be ordering more - for my purse, my desk at work...

on 1/23/2010 5:56:00 AM

This is exactly what I had hoped for when I ordered it over a month ago: moisturizing, long-lasting, SPF15, and with a nice lip stain to boot! Plus, it has a very faint scent which is not bad at all. I love this product so much and use it every day! My only qualm is that it is a bit expen$ive but so far it's been worth all the pretty pennies I had to muster up to buy it.
No chapped lips for me this winter - just soft, kissable, pretty lips ;))) Also, the tube it comes in is really great - the way it screws on/off prevents the lip balm from being squished or smashed up into the top of the lid if closed without thinking.
One reviewer said that if used in cold weather that one may have difficulties with screwing on/off the lid. As someone who is outside everyday while braving either the arctic blasts of northern Russia or the frigid East Coast temps this winter, I have found nothing whatsoever that has prevented me from being able to use this lip product - with or without clumsy gloves on (or bare, painfully numbed fingers) or off!

I love this product!

on 12/28/2009 4:49:00 PM

So what happens when you feel your lips are your best feature, and you walk into Sephora and ask, "Is there a lipbalm that really works?". Well, if you're me, you walk out with a $22 tube of Sugar by Fresh Inc. because every SA totally swears by it. And then you try it for real, and think, "How could I not have known about this?" And then a week later, you're back to buy more, just in *case* it becomes hard-to-find (made in France, so not impossible, in my experience). To me, it is that good!
Let me clarify that it says it's a "lip treatment that moisturizes, repairs, and protect the lips". Put it this way - Sugar puts the *treat* in treatment! It's sooo yummy in so many ways that I want to say, just try it for a week and see - but it's $22, so that's completely not fair. First, it has an immediate smoothing, soothing sensation that I can only call luxurious. I just wish the $20+ l/s I've bought over the years felt this good. The SA said it has an exfoliating effect, and the very slight tingle might be doing that, but I can't be absolutely sure. (It is not a lip plumper, but it also doesn't have that stinging sensation - OTOH, I can say it sure doesn't hurt in that department.) I do know that an hour later my lips feel so soft and look smoother than I've had with any other product of its kind. Second, although I go for lipstick that has no fragrance (Clinique mostly), this light citrusy lime is something I now look forward to. Third, it lasts longer than any "balm" (and I've tried the usual d/s ones, in every variation) - at $22 I make sure I won't be eating or drinking for a while, because I want my $ worth. Fourth when I started to wonder if it's worth the price, I tried skipping it for a day - verdict: so worth it, IMHO, and I'm hooked.
I used this overnight in comparison with Clinique Superbalm (another fav) and while superbalm may have a slight edge for moisturizing, I prefer the effect of Sugar overall . Because my lips are full (like I said, my best feature), I find Sugar lasts longer, dollar for dollar, as I went through three superbalm ($12 each) in the time of one tube of Sugar - and that includes the casual days when I don't use l/s afterwards. Even the clear seems to give a slight rosiness for me, and the "Rose" is such a subtle pink that I grab whichever one is handy.
Finally, the packaging - it's the size of my luxury lipsticks (had to even make room in my clutch purse, which again speaks to my adoration of this product). The stick works like a regular lipstick (clockwise I guess?), but then the tube itself screws in counterclockwise to the sleeve. Different, but not too tricky - again at $22 I'm as careful as with my favorite l/s, so it's second nature in no time.

on 12/27/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous tint of sheer, medium pink color. The texture is thin and somewhere between slippery and waxy -- less slick than Rosebud Salve. But the color that it imparts is the best: universally flattering, neither too cool- or too warm-toned, dewy, and sheer. Yes, this is insanely expensive for a lip balm ($22) but the packaging is sturdy, with a metal casing and twist-top. Definitely my most favorite lip balm.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I bought this in the Starbright kit with the mascara and deluxe sample of brightener and lemon perfume. I have to say that paying $22 for a lip balm / treatment seems insane, but I followed the great words of others, and tried it out. This is a great product!

Pros: Great Color - rosey, just kissed look
Soft sheen - does give lips a bit of gloss
Not Sticky
non-annoying scent
extremetly emollient
screw cap

Cons: Super soft stick - was in my pants pocket for a couple of minutes and it was super melty
some might say that it is not pigmented enough
the smell, not all of us enjoy an overtly scented lipbalm
price

Hopes this helps some of you. I have had mine for over 5 months and I still have some product left. Expensive, but would buy again!

on 12/18/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I seriously bought this because I loved the packaging! Itís so cute! This product is kind of expensive for a lip treatment but I donít regret buying it at all. It really works and makes my lips really soft and gives then a rosy tint! Plus it has SPF 15 in it, which helps prevent wrinkles, which I think is a plus!

Popular Lip Treatments