April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to rain on the parade but I'd definitely call this purchase my Clunker of the Summer 2009. What a waste! I was so excited to try this product. It sounded great! The package is so incredibly chic for a lip balm. I was jazzed. At first I thought I would love it. I used it daily, even several times a day. However, my lips turned into peeling problems. I had to stop using it. I thought I'd try it again. It is a treatment, right? My lips, nicely healed, again peeled with this balm.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
Top it off, the smell really began to bother me, and the taste was increasingly disgusting. It left a pink tint on my pigmented lips that looked like I had an uneven gloss on. Applications didn't last. The bottom half of the balm was too soft and broke off. It was gross.
I literally wanted to throw it away because it was so dissatisfying.
I am back to using Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture but am open to other ideas. If I feel like using a HE lip treatment, I use my Chantecaille lip treatment - - that one is lovely but I use it sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by morganlayne_h

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have always been a drugstore gal and balked at the idea of paying more than $5 for any lip balm or gloss. I saw this as part of a set packaged with Twilight primer and a Supernova mascara sample for just a few dollars more than the balm alone, so I decided to try it.

Oh. My. God.

This is the world's most perfect balm. The texture is amazing, smooth and moisturizing but not sticky or greasy at all. The scent/flavor is unobtrusive lemon. The tint is just enough to add a little color and pull your look together without looking 'done up.' It's absolutely perfect for every day. The tube is really pretty, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by oncegrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's hard to justify to anyone that you've spent over $20 on a lip balm, but for me this stuff is an addictive indulgence that I can't break away from because it is so, so good. The texture is incredibly smooth and it keeps my lips moist and lightly tinted. My story on this is that I am a lip color addict, and feel naked unless I have some sort of color on the lips at all times. Add that to the fact that I eat my greasy meals like a prize hog at the county fair and am constantly wiping my mouth when I'm out to dinner... I can pull out this balm and slick it on in a couple seconds at the table without a mirror and feel safe that I don't look incredibly rude and vain. I bought this after I bought Dior's Lip Glow, and have to give the edge to Fresh because it feels more moisturizing and silky. If you want to treat yourself to something special, splurge on this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best lip tint/treatment ever!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

I originally purchased this to replace my Benetint lip balm, since this looked like it packed a sheer punch of color with great moisturizing properties. Color wise, this is a little too sheer for my taste. With a little layering, it appears to be a very sheer rosy color. I guess that's what it is supposed to look like, but its not pigmented enough for me. However, its moisturizing properties are excellent!! A+ for that, it really is the best lip balm I ever used. It has a fresh lemony scent you will love or hate, it reminds me of that lemon wood spray. It feels very soothing on my lips, I can't help but keep rubbing them together they feel so soft!! I can't even describe how great as a lip balm it is. But that is its exact purpose for me: lip balm. It does not have enough color to be used alone for me. The price is a little exorbitant for me at $22.50... But it may be worth it if you are a Chapstick/Vaseline girl because this is a seriously nice upgrade!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Stacyef

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this version of the Fresh lip balm. The fragrance of the original Fresh Sugar lip balm reminded me too much of furniture polish. The idea of Lemon Pledge on my lips was unappealing so while the quality of the balm was great, I just couldn't handle the flavor. This version is heavy on the rose and reminds me a lot of the fragrance of Anna Sui lipsticks (don't know if they exist anymore but I still have a few). Another plus: My lips are very pigmented and while this pink balm is hardly noticeable on my lips, that's okay. Most untinted balms (including the original Fresh Sugar balm) tend to give my lips an unpleasant whitish cast if overapplied and this isn't an issue with the Fresh Rose version.

I find the texture of this balm to be very similar to my former HG lip balm, the Creme de la Mer that comes in a pot. So while this product is not cheap, it's less than half what the CdlM balm costs with comparable results. And go figure- the CdlM packaging is pretty unremarkable and boring while the Fresh packaging is much more appealing and luxe- a strong, matte pink metallic tube that screws shut and has a nice heft to it. It's also nice not to need to use my fingers to apply it as I do with CdlM.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by scridsrolls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Intrigued by all the fuss about this product, I splurged on it. And I mean splurged, as I NEVER spend more than 10 bucks on something for my lips.

Packaging: This is why I gave the product 4 stars instead of 3. Super sturdy, elegant packaging. Tube is a frosty rose-pink color, made of metal, I think. Heavy. Cap screws on which I like. The box it came in was very cute.

Application: Lip treatment does indeed have a "lemon cake" smell...it's most apparent when applying it and the scent fades very quickly on the lips. I like it; feels very "fresh," lol. Has a very faint lemony taste; not noticeable, really. Color is a bright pink in the tube but applies as a soft pink wash on the lips. Don't buy this for the color; you can get this type of look for your lips for $3 at the drugstore using any tinted lip balm. But it has other redeeming qualities. Texture is soft and smooth; not too shiny or glossy.

Longevity: The product remains on my lips for a good while, though the color and sheen does fade, when I rub my lips together I can still feel the lip treatment there. It does moisturize and improve the look and feel of lips. I like what it does for my lips, and I love that it's made of many natural ingredients and doesn't have silicones in it, as I'm allergic to them.

Would I buy it again? For this price, absolutely not. I bought it more for the "experience" of applying a luxury lip balm. It smells nice and looks nice on the lips, and it's pretty to look at in the tube. But as others have said; there are many other products out there than will moisturize and add even more color than this for much less money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I wasn't as wowed by this as other reviewers seem to be, but it does a decent enough job. It's not greasy and is very comfortable to wear; it has SPF; it keeps my lips adequately soft, though I wear so much lipstick and lipgloss that they're pretty much always soft to begin with. I was initially intimidated by the color at Sephora, which looked quite vivid on my hand. To my surprise, it barely shows up on my lips. If you want a balm with a slight flush of pink color, this is for you. It looks very natural and is a great product for people who hate looking like they're wearing makeup, but still want their mouth to look a little pinker and fresher.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by hannahclarice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is easily the BEST tinted lip conditioner I've ever used. I looked high and low for a super moisturizing, non-waxy formula with a subtle rosy tint and tried so many different products. This does everything I wanted it to and more--it's very long lasting, has SPF, and has the perfect amount of glossiness. It is very expensive for a lip conditioner, but I haven't found anything even close to it. I use it every single day and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used the untinted version in the past and loved it. I love this very lightly tinted version even more. Very emollient and long lasting. If I put on before bed, I still have a little on my lips in the morning. I definitely will repurchase. Better than any other tinted gloss i have used. Perfect to wear to the gym.