October 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Peridot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this. It's moisturizing, leaves a hint of pinkish red lips to give you a healthy glow. I like to wear it especially on days where I have light makeup on. It's gives an overall natural healthy look. The fragrance is nice...sweet lemony flavor. It's a bit pricey though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by GeecheeGirI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best tinted lip balm I have ever used (and I've used a ton!). The color is just enough tint to make the lips look healthier, with just the right amount of shine. It is very very moisturizing! It also has great staying power. The only thing I didn't like was the price, but its a good investment for the Winter. Like another reviewer said, this lip balm reminds me a bit of Bonne Bell's Dr. Pepper (more affordable dup), but the Fresh is definately better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I am lighter than NW15 and neutral-toned. I wear Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy foundation in Porcelain, MUFE Mat Velvet + in 15, and MUFE F&B in #38. After recently becoming obsessed with tinted lip balms I decided to give this one a try, since the original is popular. The packaging is very nice - it's pretty weighty, so it doesn't feel cheap at all. The bottom has to be partially twisted off in order to open it, which is good because the cap won't be able to come off easily in your purse. However I am not so impressed with the product itself. First the scent - it's supposed to be lemon-scented. When I think of a lemon-scented lip product, I assume it would smell something like Lush Bohemian soap - a soft, sugary lemon-cupcake sort of smell. However, in comparison, this smells more along the lines of Pledge Lemon Furniture Polish - not something I'm thrilled about putting on my lips. Secondly, the tinted part. My lips are not at pigmented - they're only slightly darker than my very pale skintone. When I first applied this I could barely tell the difference. When they say "tint," they mean it quite literally, as in only the barest hint of a slightly pink color. That the was the part I was most disappointed with. I will say this though - this lip balm is very moisturizing, definitely the most moisturizing stick lip balm I've ever tried. However for $22.50 it should do what it says on the tube and add a nice rosey tint to your lips. Since I've purchased this I've relegated it to be a strictly nighttime lip balm, preferring to use more pigmented lip balms, such as Korres Lip Butters and MAC Tinted Lip Conditioners, in the daytime. Overall, if you're looking for a tinted lip balm that adds a real, noticeable tint (and/or if you have pigmented lips to begin with) look elsewhere. If all you care about is adding moisture then you'll probably like this one. I will use this up while I have it but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Fresh's regular lip treatment and use it on a regular basis. Nothing soothes or comforts my lips like their original formula (and I've tried just about every balm on the planet). I also love the fresh lemon sugar scent and love to reapply it throughout the day. The grape seed and black current oil really moisturizes without even a hint of wax whatsoever. I think that's why it manages to penetrate the skin better than waxy formula's do. I bought this thinking that the only difference would be that it had a bit of a tint, but that was not the case. This is definitely NOT as moisturizing and lacks the signature sweet lemon and sugar scent that I've come to love (if it is there, it must be very light because I can't detect it and I have a very sensitive nose).

Also the color on me looks like I have been eating spaghetti, which is not a look I want or need. It's not pretty or appealing at all (at least not to me). My natural lip color is much nicer than this. I think they would have been much better off making this a soft pink or spending the money on creating better packaging for their balms in general. Yes the gadgety copper tube is very unique, however it's completely impractical and not worth the cool factor. I love the balm, but I would be much happier having it in a hygienic tube where I can get every last bit out and not be so afraid to press it against my lips for fear that it will slide off (which it is known to do with very little effort). I always end up losing a quarter of this towards the end. The formula doesn't lend itself to this type of packing. It's too liquidy and soft to be in stick form. As for this new version, I won't be buying it again. To me it is night and day from the original.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by snoopy126

I find this to be just average too. I find that it quite drying actually (but that could be due to the spf ingredients). I liked their other lip treatment (the one in the brown tube) more. It was more moisturizing than this one is. That said, I love Korres' lip butters and I only wish they'd make that in a solid tube form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Fantastic product! The best TLB I have ever tried. The colour is just enough tint to make the lips look healthier, and it is soo moisturizing! It also lasts quite well on the lips without being sticky; I have had it last through a bowl of hot soup. I also love how sturdy the packaging is, unlike those cheap plastic ones that crack easily. This lip balm reminds me a bit of Bonne Bell's Dr. Pepper, but without the cloying taste and scent. What a great find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I knew after my very first application that I would repurchase this again and again. This is definitely my HG lip balm. Lipstick usually looks too formal for me for daily use and this is the perfect alternative. It makes my lips look naturally darker and glossier. The texture is very moisturizing too, very balmy. It's glossier than I expected, it's what I wanted gloss to look like on me. I'm so happy with this product. There's a slight citrusy smell which is pleasant too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by burbluebee

I was really excited to get this because of all the good reviews, but after trying it I think it's just a very average lip balm in a really pretty tube. It works about as well as any other lip balm, but there's nothing very special about it. I will say that the packaging is lovely, and I like the screw on tube because I know it won't come open in my bag. I'll use it up, but wouldn't repurchase (I like the Korres lip butters much better).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to rain on the parade but I'd definitely call this purchase my Clunker of the Summer 2009. What a waste! I was so excited to try this product. It sounded great! The package is so incredibly chic for a lip balm. I was jazzed. At first I thought I would love it. I used it daily, even several times a day. However, my lips turned into peeling problems. I had to stop using it. I thought I'd try it again. It is a treatment, right? My lips, nicely healed, again peeled with this balm.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
Top it off, the smell really began to bother me, and the taste was increasingly disgusting. It left a pink tint on my pigmented lips that looked like I had an uneven gloss on. Applications didn't last. The bottom half of the balm was too soft and broke off. It was gross.
I literally wanted to throw it away because it was so dissatisfying.
I am back to using Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture but am open to other ideas. If I feel like using a HE lip treatment, I use my Chantecaille lip treatment - - that one is lovely but I use it sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by morganlayne_h

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have always been a drugstore gal and balked at the idea of paying more than $5 for any lip balm or gloss. I saw this as part of a set packaged with Twilight primer and a Supernova mascara sample for just a few dollars more than the balm alone, so I decided to try it.

Oh. My. God.

This is the world's most perfect balm. The texture is amazing, smooth and moisturizing but not sticky or greasy at all. The scent/flavor is unobtrusive lemon. The tint is just enough to add a little color and pull your look together without looking 'done up.' It's absolutely perfect for every day. The tube is really pretty, too.