October 1, 2014 | 1861 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this eyeliner in black and was SUPER excited when I got it because it has all the benefits (intensity, smooth application) of a liquid liner in a pencil. It makes me sad that I can't give it a 5/5. The color goes on so dark and intense- exactly like it looked on Eva Longoria in the display at the store. If I had written a review immediately after the first use, it definitely would've gotten all 5 lippies. Unfortunately, it was such a PAIN to sharpen all the time. Literally a "pain" because if I didn't sharpen it after lining each eye the sharp edge of the pencil would scratch the crap out of my waterline and hurt like hell. I couldn't even line both eyes without sharpening it at least twice. The formula is amazing- it's so richly colored and creamy that it glides on like a dream (and the color stays SO intense) but the drawback is that, because it's such a creamy formula, it melts onto your skin and leaves a sharp pencil edge behind. I would still buy this but maybe not for every day use, as it's just too annoying to sharpen all the time so I won't get scratched. If L'Oreal would put this formula into an automatic pencil (the kind you don't have to sharpen), it would be my HG eyeliner!! Please, L'Oreal, do it!

EDIT: I've resorted to using an eyeliner brush to apply this because it's just too annoying to have to sharpen all the time. The color is not as intense when applied with a brush, though. =(

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Bingjie

i love the color pay-off of this eyeliner! its super creamy and really easy to slide on. the stay power is really good. the only thing is since it's sooo creamy and buttery. it can be used up really fast. ive only used this three times and i already sharpened it twice~!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by spwaisanen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new favorite eyeliner! It might even be my HG.

PROS:
- The color pay-off is excellent. Sure, it may not be exactly like liquid eyeliner, but I wasn't expecting that. It's pretty close though.
- It goes on super smooth. I don't even have to tug on my eyelids (yay, no wrinkles later on), because it goes on THAT smooth.
- Dries quickly, but not too quickly. I can fix a mistake easily by wiping, because it doesn't dry too fast. I don't have to worry about it smudging though after it's been on for about a minute.
- It does stay on my waterline. I normally don't wear eyeliner on my waterline, but I wanted to try. It lasted all day and looked great.
- Staying power is good. When I wear makeup it is usually on for about 12+ hours and this eyeliner has held up.

CONS:
- Because it is so smooth, I go through it kind of faster than I would like. I've found myself sharpening it more than I've expected to.
- I can't find any of the colored ones in stores. I've only seen black, grey and brown. I saw the swatches and I'm DYING for the purple one! These need to be more available.

PRICE:
I gave it a 3. It's kind of pricey for a drugstore item, at about $8-9. It's really good quality though, so I don't mind.

PACKAGING:
No complaints. The cap hasn't fell off or broken.

Would I buy it again? Of course!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by SilverChez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW! HG MATERIAL!

I am always on the hunt for the perfect pencil eyeliner. My previous favorite was MAC's pearlglide; buttery and very pigmented. L'oreals Extra Intense Liquid Pencil liner has quickly replaced my love for pearlglides!

This was approx seven bucks, not too bad for drugstore. It's sooo smooth but very pigmented. I bought it in brown which is a perfect medium-dark brown; not a trace of red or shimmer tones.

The only downside to this is the color selection is fairly limited but that's about it.

Will continue to repurchase as long as this is made!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

i definitely prefer this over any mac pencil for my waterline........its very black....blacker than my pp in engraved....i do have very minimal smudging though...but im glad i can get this kind of performance for a cheap price. *update, prefer the color payoff & texture of rimmel's extra intense pencil*

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by WillBlogForShoes

I bought this pencil because it was the only one I could find that came in a plum color. WOW! It is awesome! It goes on smooth & stays put throughout the day. I'm headed out to buy a couple more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across these by accident, then came back and read the rave reviews on MUA; now I have to add my own. I bought the gray one as black is too harsh for me these days. The application is very smooth. The texture is similar to MAC Pearlglides, which I love but am not fond of the sparkle. No sparkle/glitter in the L'Oreal formula. Very easy to use on the waterline. I work in a hot kitchen enviroment (lots of sweat/steam) and checked my makeup periodically throughout an 8hr workday - no slipping or fading, which is kind of a miracle imo. I'll get the brown one next and while I've seen the emerald, I've yet to find the plum, but I'd like to have that one, too. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 6:45:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG is right per teh last review. This is officially HG status for me lol. I haven't been a fan of drugstore makeup for years honestly because I could never find any quality products that had rich color payoff and lasted. This liner is an exact dupe and even better than Urban Decay 24/7 Pencils. In one stroke not even trying it applies like creamy marker, so precise and crisp ( I am usually a liquid liner only girl as I have yet to ever find a pencil that can give me a comparable bold and crisp line) and is really smudge proof. Finally all too glad to find a quality staple product for 3x as cheap as the normal liners I buy. This new L'Oreal line really is quality as I love liquid liners just as much. If you use eyeliner you need to own this! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by shaunix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My new favorite! LOVE LOVE this, I put this on and it hasn't budged since this morning :). Its BOGO @ CVS and I'm getting more tomorrow. I have only found Black, Grey, and Brown. :( I want them all!

UPDATE: I walked into Wal-Greens today and went straight for the clearance make-up and found this in EMERALD. I held it up in the air and let out a HAHA. I had to restrain from doing a victory lap. I didn't think it existed! After I calmed down I asked the girl if they had any more hiding anywhere and she said no. Dang :( I wish I could find more of the Emerald and the Plum or Eggplant..hmm I may have to go to every Wal-Greens in the area tomorrow. Oh, and the emerald looks gorgeous with my green eyes!

2nd UPDATE: I found the Plum and Bronze at Walgreens the other day. There were only 2 of each left, and they were in front of the black and brown. I bought both of each shade and I love them :). They weren't on discount or anything but I don't care since its the only time I could ever find the Plum and Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by PrettyShimmery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

go out and buy this right now! believe the hype. I picked mine up at wal-mart for about $7 and change with a coupon i had. I got this liner in black. I was looking for a liner that would have all these qualitys: smooth, creamy, easy to apply, dark black, minimal smudging, wont irritate eyes with contact lenses, long lasting. Is that so much to ask from a product? get what you want? everything out there promises this and that but it is never what it says exactly. LOreal hit it right on with this liner! i am seriously so happy that finally a drugstore brand has come out with something i've always wanted and have been looking for!
i give it 5 lipsticks up =) oh yeah, and for those of you who say you have problems with smudging, always powder your eyelids so they stay matt and keep oil and bay which leads to smudging.