April 18, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Megan0326

This liner, while a little pricey for being from the drugstore, is one of the best I've tried. It's smooth and incredibly creamy. In fact, for my purposes (I tightline.), it's a little *too* creamy. If you were lining along your lashline, it would be the most divine, easy-to-use liner ever. When I'm lining my actual lashline, though, it's so soft that my lashes kind of smush it and I end up making a much bigger mess than I would with a slightly harder pencil. That being said, once it's on and I've cleaned myself up, it wears like iron. I mess with my eyes a lot and it wore all day without smudging or running. Given this, I found that it was easier to remove if I soaked a pad with remover and held it on my eye for a few seconds before I tried to rub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Shulamith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's all been said before but all the raves are on target. This creamy, longlasting pencil rivals any high-end product including MUFE. The reason it's so smooth is that it's silicone-gel based. Ingredients:Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate Polyhydroxystearate Sebacate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopheryl. May Contain: Ci 77491, Ci 77499, Ci 77492/Iron Oxides, Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard a lot of raves for this product and finally spotted it at local CVS. I saw a blog posting about these eyeliners and at first the Green pencil caught my eye; but only seen the Black, Purple and Grey.

I really like the Grey one, quality of the eyeliner is similar to UD 24/7, mac powerpoint/pearlglides.

A great product to try if you're new to pencil eyeliner. Very creamy product which makes it easy to glide on and no tugging on the eye area.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz

This eyeliner is absolutely my fave! The pencil is gel-like and glides on your eyelid effortlessly, easily creating the line. I actually didn't even have to smudge to cover up my errors, lol. The color payoff is excellent and extremely long-wearing (I use Mac paints as a base). I picked up 2 (Grey & Brown) at RiteAid (BOGOF $8.50), but honestly, if you're in need of a new eyeliner, don't even wait for that sale -- it's that good! My former No. 1 (MAC Pearlglides) just took a backseat to these babies! ***EDIT*** These pencils sharpen horribly!! (I'm using my MAC sharpener) It sharpens very unevenly and the tip usually breaks off bec. it's so soft,. I still LOVE the formula and how easily it glides on the lid, but I usually have to sharpen it for each eye, thus wasting A LOT of product. I would still rebuy when it's BOGOF. I took 2 lippies off bec, of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG!!! This eyeliner is hot my local drug store was having a sale on L'oreal products you buy 1 you get 1 for free!!! Bought the black first got the emerald FREE tried it on right there N the application ease N the colors R so hot the Black Lovvved Emerald Super Loved!!!! Purchased the Gray got the Bronze FREE!! This is the BEST eyeliner I've ever had Must Have 4 eyeliner Junkies!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

WOW! I freaking love this liner. It really is intense black and is sooo creamy and glides on so perfectly. This is the only black liner I will ever use now unless it's updated of course. I'm going to get the brown one too for more "natural" days. It feels like I'm not even putting on liner, there's no tugging or irritation from this liner. I haven't had a problem with staying power. Maybe because I use a primer but, the second day I wore this liner my sinuses were acting up and my eye was watering all day on the outer corner, when I went to check my makeup, expecting to have to reapply all of it, it was all still there! That was wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought I had become immune to MUA raves. Pfft....yeah right. I had spotted this liner several times at Target and CVS but never felt the impulse to buy it...that is until I started reading all raves about it on here. It took me about a week to find this in stock as several places were out of it. Hmmm, maybe other MUAers are shopping in my town....I dunno.
So I bought it, quite expensive for a d/s liner at almost $8.00. I debated returning that same day just because I had a feeling that this was going to smudge like crazy on me. Alas, I was right! But let me get the good attributes out of the way first - yes, it is the darkest e/l I've ever ever used...even darker or comparable to mac blacktrack. It is super smooth and glides on like a dream. It truly is a beautiful liner. I was excited when I tried it on and then I blinked one too many times, walked by a mirror and hello panda eyes! It looked like I dusted black e/s lightly under my eyes. LOL.
For your upper lash line - yes. For your waterline NO.
Will not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by fuzzywuzzywuzabearbuthadn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

PLEASE NOTE: This is a post of my first impressions of this product ONLY. I have only tried it once. I will update ASAP.

What I'm Looking For: An eyeliner that I can line my upper waterline with that is extremely long wearing, is easy to apply, and comes out a dark, rich black on the first stroke. I don't tend to smudge my eyeliner out (like with a smudge brush/tip).

Previously Used: Revlon Colorstay. It was pretty good, but it would smudge a teensy bit, and it was hard to get a nice rich color out of it.

Price: $8.99. I gave it a 2. Not the most expensive in the drugstore, and certainly not the least. But for the quality, the price is unbelievable.

Availability: This product (I believe) is fairly new, but I think you can buy it anywhere L'Oreal products are sold. I've heard people talk about plum and green colors, but I've only seen Brown, Gray, and Black (I bought the black).

Packaging/Appearance: Pretty good packaging. Black with gold writing. Classic, not flashy, quite basic. Comes with a clear plastic cover for the tip.

Ease of Application: Oh. My. Dear. God. This is the SOFTEST eyeliner I have ever used. Seriously, it glidessss on. I don't even know how to put it into words. Reminds me of Stila's eyeliner.

Color: Once again reminds me of Stila's Kohl Kajal eyeliner. Superrrr black, and I mean incredibly black. For those who want a more "natural" look, buy the brown, because these colors are rich as a chocolate lava cake. It's like the color of the blackest liquid eyeliner you can imagine.

Overall Effect: Freaking. Amazing. Seriously, buy it now. Probably the best beauty purchase I've ever made (besides an eyelash curler). My lashes look thick, luscious, and ever so black. The name describes the product PERFECTLY (finally, a product that lives up to it's claims!): the ease of application of a pencil, and the color and smoothness of a liquid.

Any Immediate Smudging?: Nope, not at all. Didn't transfer onto the lower lash line.

Reminds Me Of...: If you crave the softness and color of a kohl or Stila's eyeliner, but the staying power of Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner, this is the product for you. I hear people complaining that Stila's eyeliner is super soft, easy to apply, and is rich in color, but smudges wayyy too easily. Imagine Stila, except with no smudging: it would be this eyeliner.

Longevity (Lasting Power): I will update it soon, as I am wearing this eyeliner to a rock concert tonight (hot, sweaty room + dancing + probably falling asleep in my makeup = the *ultimate* eyeliner test).

Ease of Removal: Haven't tried to remove it yet. Will update.

What's Missing: A smudge tip. This is so soft that a smudge tip would be great for those who are going for a smokey-eye look. Also, more colors would be nice, like plum, emerald, and maybe white. Personally, I love gold eyeliners, so that would be nice too. :D

Good for You If You Want...: to try a cat eye or pin-up girl look but are afraid to try a liquid. Basically, this product is for everyone. It's for anyone who, a) like a nice, dark eyeliner, b) is afraid to try liquids because of the application but still wants the same effect, c) someone who is a pro with liquid liners but is getting tired of the tough application or the fact that they dry out too fast, d) someone who is new to liner and wants an easy application that is foolproof, or e) someone who doesn't have time to touch up their eyeliner during the day but wants it to last.

In summary, just go buy this product now. You won't regret it. If you want dramatic, get black. If you want natural, get brown or gray. Seriously, there's something for everyone. GO BUY IT! Just look at the ratings for this product; it more than deserves them. Walk, don't run to your nearest drugstore/Ulta!!!

UPDATE: Still completely in love with this product. Even when I line my upper waterline, there is nary a smudge in sight. And recently, I've started experimenting with smuding my liner for a smokey look, and this stuff is AMAZING! I've heard everything from sticking a liner in your armpit to running it through a match/lighter flame a couple of times (!!!) to soften up an eyeliner and make it smudgable, but this stuff smudges BEE-YOU-TIH-FULL-EEE without any trouble. I've always had trouble when going for a smokey eye look before because it ends up looking crusty and chunky. Not with this baby! My smokey eye looks smooth and Megan-Fox-like. (That's right, I said it! MEGAN FOX-LIKE!) I think I'm going to have to buy dozens of these eyeliners just in case L'Oreal discontinues them. (KNOCK ON WOOD! MY LIFE WOULD BE OVER!)

UPDATE: Still loving this eyeliner. For those of you have trouble sharpening it, just stick it in the fridge and it sharpens perfectly. HTH!

27 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best drugstore liner to date. Glides on very smooth and sets and lasts all day long. I have this in brown and it is a deep rich brown, similar to MAC's Molasses. This seriously lasts all day and night. I prefer the ease of this over my creme/gel liners, simply because I don't have to fumble with a brush. The amount is smaller than most traditional liners (0.03 oz as opposed to 0.04) but I'm nuts about those little details and really that's nothing compared to what you're getting. Definitely ranks up there (above) UD and MUFE. Would most certainly repurchase, likely will buy a back up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by KoreanBlaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ditto all the good reviews. The Gray liner is a dead ringer for MAC Phone Number.