November 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 8:53:00 AM More reviews by face_on

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best eyeliner I have ever purchased at the drugstore, bar none. My HG eyeliner pencil has been the MAC powerpoint in permaplum and forever green, and I never thought a drugstore brand could touch it, but this one has. I bought the purple and was very satisfied with the smooth application, intense color and staying power of this pencil. In fact, I ran out and bought two more colors (gray and brown). If I want to smudge it after application, I do it ASAP, like with the MAC powerpoint. It cost about $9.00 at Target, still cheaper than MAC. The problem was that they were sold out of most of the colors! Highly recommend.
UPDATE: Just took off a lippie because I am running through these eyeliners very quickly, because you need to sharpen often to get the fine point. MAC powerpoint and UD 24/7 pencils definitely don't run out as quickly, and also have a more extensive color selection. The "HIP" version of this pencil is an even softer texure than the regular L'Oreal Liquid Pencil Eyeliner and I found it was too soft to apply without the point breaking off. Stay away from that version.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by marismall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeliner. I was looking for something to replace my Urban Decay 24/7 since it's a bit pricey. I actually stumbled across this by accident. I think it glides on super smooth and it's nice and creamy. I haven't seen the purple or emerald that people are talking about, but I am most definitely going to buy them when I see them. i would definitely recommend this product and will be buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kittynt

I got this in emerald today. I couldn't wait to try it on after I got home, and immediately after I glided it on my upper lash line, I was like "WOW!" The color is so intense, and it one of the most creamiest liner I have ever used. So soft and so creamy, and the color is the most gorgeous emerald green ever! I know they have a purple and a bronze one too, but I can't find those yet. (The green one I got was the last one on shelf, and I am sooo glad I grabbed it)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this eyeliner in black and was SUPER excited when I got it because it has all the benefits (intensity, smooth application) of a liquid liner in a pencil. It makes me sad that I can't give it a 5/5. The color goes on so dark and intense- exactly like it looked on Eva Longoria in the display at the store. If I had written a review immediately after the first use, it definitely would've gotten all 5 lippies. Unfortunately, it was such a PAIN to sharpen all the time. Literally a "pain" because if I didn't sharpen it after lining each eye the sharp edge of the pencil would scratch the crap out of my waterline and hurt like hell. I couldn't even line both eyes without sharpening it at least twice. The formula is amazing- it's so richly colored and creamy that it glides on like a dream (and the color stays SO intense) but the drawback is that, because it's such a creamy formula, it melts onto your skin and leaves a sharp pencil edge behind. I would still buy this but maybe not for every day use, as it's just too annoying to sharpen all the time so I won't get scratched. If L'Oreal would put this formula into an automatic pencil (the kind you don't have to sharpen), it would be my HG eyeliner!! Please, L'Oreal, do it!

EDIT: I've resorted to using an eyeliner brush to apply this because it's just too annoying to have to sharpen all the time. The color is not as intense when applied with a brush, though. =(

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Bingjie

i love the color pay-off of this eyeliner! its super creamy and really easy to slide on. the stay power is really good. the only thing is since it's sooo creamy and buttery. it can be used up really fast. ive only used this three times and i already sharpened it twice~!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by spwaisanen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My new favorite eyeliner! It might even be my HG.

PROS:
- The color pay-off is excellent. Sure, it may not be exactly like liquid eyeliner, but I wasn't expecting that. It's pretty close though.
- It goes on super smooth. I don't even have to tug on my eyelids (yay, no wrinkles later on), because it goes on THAT smooth.
- Dries quickly, but not too quickly. I can fix a mistake easily by wiping, because it doesn't dry too fast. I don't have to worry about it smudging though after it's been on for about a minute.
- It does stay on my waterline. I normally don't wear eyeliner on my waterline, but I wanted to try. It lasted all day and looked great.
- Staying power is good. When I wear makeup it is usually on for about 12+ hours and this eyeliner has held up.

CONS:
- Because it is so smooth, I go through it kind of faster than I would like. I've found myself sharpening it more than I've expected to.
- I can't find any of the colored ones in stores. I've only seen black, grey and brown. I saw the swatches and I'm DYING for the purple one! These need to be more available.

PRICE:
I gave it a 3. It's kind of pricey for a drugstore item, at about $8-9. It's really good quality though, so I don't mind.

PACKAGING:
No complaints. The cap hasn't fell off or broken.

Would I buy it again? Of course!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by SilverChez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW! HG MATERIAL!

I am always on the hunt for the perfect pencil eyeliner. My previous favorite was MAC's pearlglide; buttery and very pigmented. L'oreals Extra Intense Liquid Pencil liner has quickly replaced my love for pearlglides!

This was approx seven bucks, not too bad for drugstore. It's sooo smooth but very pigmented. I bought it in brown which is a perfect medium-dark brown; not a trace of red or shimmer tones.

The only downside to this is the color selection is fairly limited but that's about it.

Will continue to repurchase as long as this is made!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

i definitely prefer this over any mac pencil for my waterline........its very black....blacker than my pp in engraved....i do have very minimal smudging though...but im glad i can get this kind of performance for a cheap price. *update, prefer the color payoff & texture of rimmel's extra intense pencil*

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by WillBlogForShoes

I bought this pencil because it was the only one I could find that came in a plum color. WOW! It is awesome! It goes on smooth & stays put throughout the day. I'm headed out to buy a couple more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across these by accident, then came back and read the rave reviews on MUA; now I have to add my own. I bought the gray one as black is too harsh for me these days. The application is very smooth. The texture is similar to MAC Pearlglides, which I love but am not fond of the sparkle. No sparkle/glitter in the L'Oreal formula. Very easy to use on the waterline. I work in a hot kitchen enviroment (lots of sweat/steam) and checked my makeup periodically throughout an 8hr workday - no slipping or fading, which is kind of a miracle imo. I'll get the brown one next and while I've seen the emerald, I've yet to find the plum, but I'd like to have that one, too. Highly recommend.