October 2, 2014 | 961 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by wgrape

This is my little black dress.

It's perfect for work environments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

After so many raves, I'm bewildered. Yes, it's nice that it doesn't streak or chip (hence the three stars), but the color...well, what color? This is totally clear on me, even with two coats. If I didn't already have a decent "your nails but better" polish (NARS Edelwiess), I could see liking this, but as it is, what's the point? Consider my lemming killed.

EDITED 10/6: Changed my mind, from 3 stars to 5 and yes to repurchase. It lasts and lasts, the color IS classic, and since it's only $4.50 at Bed, Bath & Beyond, I'm keeping it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2004 5:10:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to nail color when I just want a "natural, but a little bit prettier" nail look. Sheer w/ a little pink in it, not too girly or bubblegum, very classy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by bluemadison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I pair it with Essie 'picket fences' for a more natural looking french manicure. I get a lot of compliments when I have a french manicure with that combo. Essie is by far my favourite nail products brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A great, sheer, classic pink - good for a french manicure or by itself. A total HG and a go-to classic pink/sheer shade that is timeless and elegant. I used Mlle again & again.

NICE!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2004 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lysastone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The perfect shade. No matter that most of LA wears it with a french or alone. My HG nail polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2004 1:41:00 PM More reviews by corrinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with other reviewers in that it is "your nails but better". Almost clear with a hint of natural nail colour. Makes nails appear smooth and shiny, like they have had a good buffing. Much better than the other Essie fave, Ballet Slippers, which I find too white.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2004 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jalin

I recently chose this shade for a pedicure (layered over OPI Bubble Bath to give it a shade more pink) and I was not disappointed. This is a lovely milky sheer pink color. Essie has tons of neutrals that each have their own little twist.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by PrincessLina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally found my signature color after my beloved Estee Lauder Sweet Pea ran out. I have scoured all over for the best nail polishes for me, and Mademoiselle is a jewel. I personally don't like dark shades on my fingers - I rather like more natural-looking colors. Essie goes on easily although honestly, when I first tried it, the polish ran to my fingertips. I am glad I did not give up. It dries fairly quickly, last quite long, and goes with any outfit on any occasion. Great with French manicures, too, even though I am still trying to master the art of French manicures. Yes, "my own nails, even better" - I even forget that I am wearing n/p. BTW I don't miss my Estee Lauder Sweet Pea.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Daisy_D

Just a gorgeous shade. It is quite sheer but for me that makes it easier to apply. It dries very quickly, goes on super-smooth and lasts and lasts....it's my new staple, LOVE it!