July 31, 2014 | 1666 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2004 5:10:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to nail color when I just want a "natural, but a little bit prettier" nail look. Sheer w/ a little pink in it, not too girly or bubblegum, very classy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by bluemadison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I pair it with Essie 'picket fences' for a more natural looking french manicure. I get a lot of compliments when I have a french manicure with that combo. Essie is by far my favourite nail products brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A great, sheer, classic pink - good for a french manicure or by itself. A total HG and a go-to classic pink/sheer shade that is timeless and elegant. I used Mlle again & again.

NICE!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2004 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lysastone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The perfect shade. No matter that most of LA wears it with a french or alone. My HG nail polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2004 1:41:00 PM More reviews by corrinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with other reviewers in that it is "your nails but better". Almost clear with a hint of natural nail colour. Makes nails appear smooth and shiny, like they have had a good buffing. Much better than the other Essie fave, Ballet Slippers, which I find too white.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2004 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jalin

I recently chose this shade for a pedicure (layered over OPI Bubble Bath to give it a shade more pink) and I was not disappointed. This is a lovely milky sheer pink color. Essie has tons of neutrals that each have their own little twist.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by PrincessLina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally found my signature color after my beloved Estee Lauder Sweet Pea ran out. I have scoured all over for the best nail polishes for me, and Mademoiselle is a jewel. I personally don't like dark shades on my fingers - I rather like more natural-looking colors. Essie goes on easily although honestly, when I first tried it, the polish ran to my fingertips. I am glad I did not give up. It dries fairly quickly, last quite long, and goes with any outfit on any occasion. Great with French manicures, too, even though I am still trying to master the art of French manicures. Yes, "my own nails, even better" - I even forget that I am wearing n/p. BTW I don't miss my Estee Lauder Sweet Pea.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Daisy_D

Just a gorgeous shade. It is quite sheer but for me that makes it easier to apply. It dries very quickly, goes on super-smooth and lasts and lasts....it's my new staple, LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful, sheer pink, great for an inobtrusive manicure-- and it isn't the least bit streaky. My mother, a manicurist, much prefers it to just about every other sheer pink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2004 8:56:00 PM More reviews by emalc

I definitely agree with the reveiwers who called this a "your nails but better" shade. It is very, very sheer, almost clear - but provides a smoothness of color and shine to natural nails that is wonderful.