Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 10/6/2004 4:47:00 PM

my HG polish!! until i used this, i didn't think i could even be excited about polish, but oh i am now. i saw this color in instyle or allure last year and thought i'd give it a try, and i haven't changed colors since, except a french manicure or two. it's a nude/peachy sheer that makes it look as if you're not wearing polish at all, you just have amazingly healthy nails. i get comments on my nails weekly, and i do them myself. no one thinks that i'm wearing a colored polish, just clear. however, my yellowish nails just look more yellow with clear polish, and amazing with this. i highly recommend you try this color!!

on 9/27/2004 9:49:00 PM

The perfect sheer nude for a polished, natural look. Goes on smoothly (unlike Ballet Slippers, which made a streaky mess on my nails), and looks great paired with a white tip. Makes the longest-lasting french mani for me - lasts a week, and I work in an animal shelter, so that's really saying something!

on 9/26/2004 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this as an everyday sort of color.. it's pretty clear on me (MMM/GGG) with the slightest hint of pink.

on 9/23/2004 4:37:00 PM

This is my little black dress.

It's perfect for work environments.

on 9/18/2004 10:58:00 PM

After so many raves, I'm bewildered. Yes, it's nice that it doesn't streak or chip (hence the three stars), but the color...well, what color? This is totally clear on me, even with two coats. If I didn't already have a decent "your nails but better" polish (NARS Edelwiess), I could see liking this, but as it is, what's the point? Consider my lemming killed.

EDITED 10/6: Changed my mind, from 3 stars to 5 and yes to repurchase. It lasts and lasts, the color IS classic, and since it's only $4.50 at Bed, Bath & Beyond, I'm keeping it.

on 9/14/2004 5:10:00 AM

This is my go-to nail color when I just want a "natural, but a little bit prettier" nail look. Sheer w/ a little pink in it, not too girly or bubblegum, very classy.

on 9/9/2004 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I pair it with Essie 'picket fences' for a more natural looking french manicure. I get a lot of compliments when I have a french manicure with that combo. Essie is by far my favourite nail products brand.

on 8/25/2004 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A great, sheer, classic pink - good for a french manicure or by itself. A total HG and a go-to classic pink/sheer shade that is timeless and elegant. I used Mlle again & again.

NICE!

on 7/23/2004 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

The perfect shade. No matter that most of LA wears it with a french or alone. My HG nail polish.

on 7/6/2004 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers in that it is "your nails but better". Almost clear with a hint of natural nail colour. Makes nails appear smooth and shiny, like they have had a good buffing. Much better than the other Essie fave, Ballet Slippers, which I find too white.

Top Rated Essie Products