April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Glides on so smoothly and your lips will feel so silky and soft! Another great product to add to my beauty supplies. However, this doesn't stay on very long due to the fact that it isn't as thick or creamy as other lip balms but instead it's rather thin. But nontheless a great chap stick!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pleasant lip balm with good slip, no lasting moisturizing benefits that I can feel. Doesn't last very long. No unpleasant flavors or scents. Nice enough, but like most others, it just doesn't work.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am one of the few who don't like the texture i guess. I find that just like their lotions, it is very thin, and doesn't last long. I like thicker textures so they last a lot longer. It feels very nice going on but after 20 minutes my lips feel dry again. The other ones sound nice but i am sure they are similar so i won't bother. And for $3 it seems like a rip off. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by xfoxglove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My lips have been incredibly chapped lately. Not cracking, but just dry and they needed some moisture. I actually saw an ad for this on television for this and remembered it when I was at Target, looking for a new lipbalm. For under 3 bucks it was worth a try. That and my mom swears by a Nivea cream she has, saying that if it's good in the german cold weather, it must be god for us.

It says it is a light-weight, fast absorbing, long lasting moisturizing formula. I'd agree with all but the absorbing one. It doesn't really absorb. Well, maybe the ingredients do, but there is still a silky layer of the lipbalm on my lips.

I think it has a sort of light almost lotion-y scent, but kindof in a good way.

One lippy off because I've only had it a few days and I want to see how 'addictive' it is. (As in, I feel like a lip treatment should cure chapped lips and you shouldn't have to rely on them every day.)

Overall I really like it.

EDIT:: I really love this lipbalm. At night, I don't like it and you should use something thicker, but this is great during the day. It's so fresh. I've also used it in a pinch at night on some dry patches of my skin when I forgot my prescription cream and while it didn't clear it up, it didn't get worse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I really like this! I just grabbed it off the shelf when I needed a new chapstick (haven't been able to find my favorite shea butter at Whole Foods lately) and it turns out that it's great. No weird smell, glides on really smooth, makes my lips feel very soft. It's especially great when you have chapped lips - a lot of lip balms are painful to apply and feel like you're scraping your skin off! This is so soft, it actually feels good to put on.
I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the product in the light blue tube. Noting that incase there are different ingredients in the dark blue tube.

♥ Love this little blue tube of goodness:) I was drawn to the tube initially while at the check-out. I swear it was calling my name.. and not just because I'm a lip balm addict LOL Ok maybe that played a part.. but the tube is pure cuteness also:)

I was taken in also by the slogans on the tube "A Kiss of Moisture" And "Hydrating Lip Care". Need that. I also noted it was made in Germany... Where the 'good' Nivea products are reported to have been made:) It has also been compared to Labello lip care. I admit that is what ultimately made me buy this. It claims it is a light-weight, fast absorbing, long lasting moisturizing formula. Check. Check. Check. It did all of those things ♥

What I love most about this formula is 2 things. It literally glides on. You feel like you are slipping your lips into silk. Second, it doesn't just sit on your lips, it sinks in:) It doesn't list any silicones in the ingredients so I think that is what helps your lips soak up the wonderful ingredients. Silicones in lip balms prevent that from usually taking place, generally leaving you with a balm that sits on your lips rather than sinks in. This lip balm however is ideal for people who like to treat their lips and then apply lipstick etc, because it does sink in in somewhat of a short time if used lightly. Not immediately, but it is a very light-weight, non-waxy formula that would work very well with a lipstick.

One of the first few ingredients listed is Castor oil. The chemical structure of Castor oil helps it act as a humectant, drawing moisture to your lips long after you have applied it. That's where the magic comes in. It continues to moisturize long after it has been absorbed. Score another point for Nivea. Did I mention the cute blue tube? LOL I should quickly mention it is clear and flavorless also, making it ideal for anyone to use.

Stand out ingredients are Shea Butter, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil and Glycerin.
I just noticed also this comes in different scents! I am on officially on the hunt now. I still can't believe it was under $3. I highly recommend this and will definitely repurchase ♥

Tip: Sleep with the humidifier on, with this on your lips. You will wake up to the most soft, supple lips ♥ I discovered that last night:)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lindsaykate527

I love this lip stuff! It is cheap, has a great flavor/smell, and is nice and small. It really moisturizes your lips well. I picked this up because it was sitting near the register (impulse buy!) and I'm so glad I did. My husband likes it too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this with a 50 cent off coupon at Walgreens near me cause i had to get cash back :) I really like it so far, it's light and moisturizing. the only reason i wouldn't buy it again is that I'd likely buy the one with color.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ilystephaniiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this lip balm. I like how it moistures my lips, but it's like for about 30 minutes and it's gone. I honestly don't think there is a scent to this which is great. The packaging? It's okay. I don't like the twist up tube thing but the packaging color is pretty. I also think it's weird they have an SPF 4..?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is ok. It's not smelly, greasy, anything like that...it's just a nice all around lip conditioning treatment for everyone with a little shine.