December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My lips seem to go through phases (probably because of retinoid use on my face) where they are just dry and hard. It drives me insane, because they will be fine one day and then change over the next...and inevitably, I end up licking them and making it worse! Enter Nivea's Kiss of Moisture...a perfect daytime alternative to my usual night lip repair, Aquaphor. Unlike Aquaphor, KoM is not thick and somewhat slimy/greasy, it's just about the smoothest and thinnest lip product I've ever tried without losing any of the rich moisture! My lips retain so much of the product, there's no need to obsessively re-apply, like sometimes what seems to happen with Chapstick and other similar products. I do notice that if I am drinking/eating/smooching, it does seem to come off a bit easier than I expected it to, but that's not a big drawback, IMO. It has a very, very light fragrance/taste, almost seems to be a slightly lemony essence, it's just pleasant and fresh. I found this at Wal-Mart at the checkout for $2.36, and as someone who has spent $17 on BB Lip Balm, this was a drop in the bucket for a product that is well worth several times its cost. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this is a great lip balm. it smells good and makes my lips smooth. my lips also look shiny, but not unnatural. it's just a little bit pricey for a small lip balm, but otherwise it's really good.

edit: for some reason, something about this lip balm (possibly the fragrance...maybe just one of the ingredients in it...) makes me cough. weird, yes, but the good thing is, there are tons other lip balms out there and i'll just throw this one in the back of my drawer in case there's a lip balm rapture and it is the only one left behind.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Megan0326

I love, love, love this! I got it as an extra in a swap and it's fantastic! It's creamy, not sticky, and leaves my lips feeling great even after it's worn off/sunk in. I also like that it doesn't have any kind of weird flavor or menthol or anything - there are so many balms that irritate the heck out of my lips. Definitely my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! A friend of mine told me about it so i picked it up the other day it was about $2.80 and well worth the price, i am hooked on this stuff! Before using it i just used this cheap .99 lip balm but i noticed a huge difference in using this one, my lips r so soft now its def. worth it since winter is just right around the corner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so happy these lipbalms are now available in the United States. Sold in Europe and Canada under the name Labello, these lip balms used to be difficult for Americans to get a hold of and fairly expensive. Thankfully, they are now easily accessible and extremely affordable. I bought A Kiss of Moisture SPF 4 at my local Walgreens for $2.99. This formulation is clear and the consistency is smooth but not too thick. It softens lips without making them feel sticky, waxy, or goopy. Now that I don't have to pay $10 plus per tube, I will be buying more formulations of Nivea Lip Balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Glides on so smoothly and your lips will feel so silky and soft! Another great product to add to my beauty supplies. However, this doesn't stay on very long due to the fact that it isn't as thick or creamy as other lip balms but instead it's rather thin. But nontheless a great chap stick!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pleasant lip balm with good slip, no lasting moisturizing benefits that I can feel. Doesn't last very long. No unpleasant flavors or scents. Nice enough, but like most others, it just doesn't work.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am one of the few who don't like the texture i guess. I find that just like their lotions, it is very thin, and doesn't last long. I like thicker textures so they last a lot longer. It feels very nice going on but after 20 minutes my lips feel dry again. The other ones sound nice but i am sure they are similar so i won't bother. And for $3 it seems like a rip off. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by xfoxglove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My lips have been incredibly chapped lately. Not cracking, but just dry and they needed some moisture. I actually saw an ad for this on television for this and remembered it when I was at Target, looking for a new lipbalm. For under 3 bucks it was worth a try. That and my mom swears by a Nivea cream she has, saying that if it's good in the german cold weather, it must be god for us.

It says it is a light-weight, fast absorbing, long lasting moisturizing formula. I'd agree with all but the absorbing one. It doesn't really absorb. Well, maybe the ingredients do, but there is still a silky layer of the lipbalm on my lips.

I think it has a sort of light almost lotion-y scent, but kindof in a good way.

One lippy off because I've only had it a few days and I want to see how 'addictive' it is. (As in, I feel like a lip treatment should cure chapped lips and you shouldn't have to rely on them every day.)

Overall I really like it.

EDIT:: I really love this lipbalm. At night, I don't like it and you should use something thicker, but this is great during the day. It's so fresh. I've also used it in a pinch at night on some dry patches of my skin when I forgot my prescription cream and while it didn't clear it up, it didn't get worse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I really like this! I just grabbed it off the shelf when I needed a new chapstick (haven't been able to find my favorite shea butter at Whole Foods lately) and it turns out that it's great. No weird smell, glides on really smooth, makes my lips feel very soft. It's especially great when you have chapped lips - a lot of lip balms are painful to apply and feel like you're scraping your skin off! This is so soft, it actually feels good to put on.
I would definitely buy this again!