Nivea A Kiss of Moisture

on 12/2/2008 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought a tube of Labello lip balm a few years ago in Quebec City, and really liked it. I've had to make do with other balms ever since, however, since it wasn't available here in the U.S. I was happy to learn that I can buy that same great balm under the Nivea label. Yay! I like this balm because it goes on smooth and soft, and doesn't wear off quickly. It makes my lips feel very moisturized, and that feeling lasts even when the balm does wear away. Doesn't seem to have much fragrance or taste, either, which I like as well. I also tried the shimmer version, and the red-tinted one, but wasn't crazy about either of those. The shimmery one felt dry, and the reddish one bled beyond my lipline. The regular ones, though, are keepers!

I've been wanting to try Labello for a very long time, and could only find it for rather expensive on ebay. So, I always passed because I didn't want to pay $10+ for a lip balm (yes, I'm cheap!). When I heard that Labello balms were being sold under the Nivea name in America, I couldn't wait to find them! I found this, and others, at Wal-mart and Walgreen's for about $2-something.

Nice lip balm for people who have "normal" lips that don't require intensive moisture. If you have extremely chapped, cracked lips, Nivea A Kiss of Moisture will not help them, unfortunately. :(

This balm is just that, a "kiss" of moisture... it's very light, and makes your lips softened and lightly moisturized. The only thing I don't like is that it really doesn't have a long-lasting effect, so frequent re-applications are necessary. If that bothers you, I wouldn't buy this.

It's also guy-friendly, because there isn't much of a scent, no flavor, and it doesn't leave your lips noticeably glossy. There's a very slight, subtle scent, that's non-offensive... sort of a pleasant flowery scent. I ended up giving mine to my boyfriend because he needed a lip balm, but I definitely will repurchase!

on 11/25/2008 10:21:00 AM

This is not a bad chapstick. The texture is lightweight, and has a good "slip" to it, so it applies smoothly, and does not leave the lips feeling waxy. It has a very light sweet scent that is hardly noticeable. The finish is somewhat glossy, which I don't mind. The one that I got has SPF4, which is hardly enough for the lips, but I usually wear under/over lipstick or at night, anyway.

I did take a lippie off because when my lips are super chapped, this doesn't seem to help, and I have to use something stronger, like Elizabeth Arden's 8-hour cream, or even Smith's Rosebud Salve. However, compared to Carmex or Chap-stik, or even Burt's Bees, this is superior. continued >>

on 11/15/2008 10:22:00 PM

I like this product because it does not leave my lips feeling to greasy (aka aquaphor), sticky ( nivea essential in the dark blue packaging) or minty (carmex). It did moisturize and seem to penetrate but does not last very long. However, I rather have to reapply a product than have my lips feeling waxy or sticky. Love the packaging and the light traditional Nivea scent. I do like aquaphor for my lips, but the greasy texture makes it impossible for me to apply lipstick on top of it. If I apply lipstick first followed by aquaphor there is no lasting power to the lipstick. A kiss of moisture bypasses these immediate issues. Until I find something better, I will repurchase.

on 11/11/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked the thought of a lipbalm where it wasn't too greasy, sticky, minty or smelly - just natural, moisturized lips. This delivers - for approximately 5 minutes. It really doesn't do much for real moisture if you have dry and chapped lips, but it gives your lips a nice light coating for a very very short time. It's alright in a quick fix, but nothing major. Though I will give it this: there are a lot of lipbalms that just coat your dry lips and you still feel flakes underneath - this seems to penetrate that, but again, for only a few minutes. Nothing too spectacular, so I won't be buying it again. Also bought this in the other two versions (dark blue tube and the cherry, with same results). ***EDIT***I threw them all out..it made my lips dryer, if that's even possible***

on 11/4/2008 4:31:00 PM

This is alright. I was looking for something that moisturizes really well and lasts for quite a while, but sadly this product did not deliver. It went on silky, but after a while it got kind of gross. I had to reapply after 15 minutes to keep the same silky feeling. I'm used to slathering heavy duty lip balm on (like Smith's Rosebud Salve and Kiehl's Lip Balm) and I was unsatisfied with this product. I also took of points for packaging because gunk can get stuck in the area between the plastic and the actual stick. Will not repurchase.

on 11/2/2008 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the version in darker blue tube. I was hoping this would be repackaged Labello Classic, since Nivea relabled Labello, however, not only it's relabled, it's also reformulated (since I used it last, that is). It retained the same scent as Labello version, but the formula is not nearly as good and soothing, in my opinion. Not the worst, but the stick is too soft, so it goes on very glossy and really thick, yet it does not feel moisturizing enough compared to some other balms. My lips are back to dry when this wears off. And I feel I have to reapply all the time. Labello Velvet Rose is simply tons better than this for me. Ingredients: Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Myristyl Myristate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Coco Glycerides, Pentaerithrityl Tetraisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Camauba) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Panthenol, Beeswax, Water, Fragrance

on 11/1/2008 12:21:00 PM

My lips seem to go through phases (probably because of retinoid use on my face) where they are just dry and hard. It drives me insane, because they will be fine one day and then change over the next...and inevitably, I end up licking them and making it worse! Enter Nivea's Kiss of Moisture...a perfect daytime alternative to my usual night lip repair, Aquaphor. Unlike Aquaphor, KoM is not thick and somewhat slimy/greasy, it's just about the smoothest and thinnest lip product I've ever tried without losing any of the rich moisture! My lips retain so much of the product, there's no need to obsessively re-apply, like sometimes what seems to happen with Chapstick and other similar products. I do notice that if I am drinking/eating/smooching, it does seem to come off a bit easier than I expected it to, but that's not a big drawback, IMO. It has a very, very light fragrance/taste, almost seems to be a slightly lemony essence, it's just pleasant and fresh. I found this at Wal-Mart at the checkout for $2.36, and as someone who has spent $17 on BB Lip Balm, this was a drop in the bucket for a product that is well worth several times its cost. Love it!

on 10/30/2008 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

this is a great lip balm. it smells good and makes my lips smooth. my lips also look shiny, but not unnatural. it's just a little bit pricey for a small lip balm, but otherwise it's really good.

edit: for some reason, something about this lip balm (possibly the fragrance...maybe just one of the ingredients in it...) makes me cough. weird, yes, but the good thing is, there are tons other lip balms out there and i'll just throw this one in the back of my drawer in case there's a lip balm rapture and it is the only one left behind.

on 10/29/2008 4:02:00 PM

I love, love, love this! I got it as an extra in a swap and it's fantastic! It's creamy, not sticky, and leaves my lips feeling great even after it's worn off/sunk in. I also like that it doesn't have any kind of weird flavor or menthol or anything - there are so many balms that irritate the heck out of my lips. Definitely my HG.