January 27, 2015 | 1644 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

This is alright. I was looking for something that moisturizes really well and lasts for quite a while, but sadly this product did not deliver. It went on silky, but after a while it got kind of gross. I had to reapply after 15 minutes to keep the same silky feeling. I'm used to slathering heavy duty lip balm on (like Smith's Rosebud Salve and Kiehl's Lip Balm) and I was unsatisfied with this product. I also took of points for packaging because gunk can get stuck in the area between the plastic and the actual stick. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by sabet

This review is for the version in darker blue tube. I was hoping this would be repackaged Labello Classic, since Nivea relabled Labello, however, not only it's relabled, it's also reformulated (since I used it last, that is). It retained the same scent as Labello version, but the formula is not nearly as good and soothing, in my opinion. Not the worst, but the stick is too soft, so it goes on very glossy and really thick, yet it does not feel moisturizing enough compared to some other balms. My lips are back to dry when this wears off. And I feel I have to reapply all the time. Labello Velvet Rose is simply tons better than this for me. Ingredients: Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Myristyl Myristate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Coco Glycerides, Pentaerithrityl Tetraisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Camauba) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Panthenol, Beeswax, Water, Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My lips seem to go through phases (probably because of retinoid use on my face) where they are just dry and hard. It drives me insane, because they will be fine one day and then change over the next...and inevitably, I end up licking them and making it worse! Enter Nivea's Kiss of Moisture...a perfect daytime alternative to my usual night lip repair, Aquaphor. Unlike Aquaphor, KoM is not thick and somewhat slimy/greasy, it's just about the smoothest and thinnest lip product I've ever tried without losing any of the rich moisture! My lips retain so much of the product, there's no need to obsessively re-apply, like sometimes what seems to happen with Chapstick and other similar products. I do notice that if I am drinking/eating/smooching, it does seem to come off a bit easier than I expected it to, but that's not a big drawback, IMO. It has a very, very light fragrance/taste, almost seems to be a slightly lemony essence, it's just pleasant and fresh. I found this at Wal-Mart at the checkout for $2.36, and as someone who has spent $17 on BB Lip Balm, this was a drop in the bucket for a product that is well worth several times its cost. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this is a great lip balm. it smells good and makes my lips smooth. my lips also look shiny, but not unnatural. it's just a little bit pricey for a small lip balm, but otherwise it's really good.

edit: for some reason, something about this lip balm (possibly the fragrance...maybe just one of the ingredients in it...) makes me cough. weird, yes, but the good thing is, there are tons other lip balms out there and i'll just throw this one in the back of my drawer in case there's a lip balm rapture and it is the only one left behind.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Megan0326

I love, love, love this! I got it as an extra in a swap and it's fantastic! It's creamy, not sticky, and leaves my lips feeling great even after it's worn off/sunk in. I also like that it doesn't have any kind of weird flavor or menthol or anything - there are so many balms that irritate the heck out of my lips. Definitely my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! A friend of mine told me about it so i picked it up the other day it was about $2.80 and well worth the price, i am hooked on this stuff! Before using it i just used this cheap .99 lip balm but i noticed a huge difference in using this one, my lips r so soft now its def. worth it since winter is just right around the corner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so happy these lipbalms are now available in the United States. Sold in Europe and Canada under the name Labello, these lip balms used to be difficult for Americans to get a hold of and fairly expensive. Thankfully, they are now easily accessible and extremely affordable. I bought A Kiss of Moisture SPF 4 at my local Walgreens for $2.99. This formulation is clear and the consistency is smooth but not too thick. It softens lips without making them feel sticky, waxy, or goopy. Now that I don't have to pay $10 plus per tube, I will be buying more formulations of Nivea Lip Balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Glides on so smoothly and your lips will feel so silky and soft! Another great product to add to my beauty supplies. However, this doesn't stay on very long due to the fact that it isn't as thick or creamy as other lip balms but instead it's rather thin. But nontheless a great chap stick!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pleasant lip balm with good slip, no lasting moisturizing benefits that I can feel. Doesn't last very long. No unpleasant flavors or scents. Nice enough, but like most others, it just doesn't work.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am one of the few who don't like the texture i guess. I find that just like their lotions, it is very thin, and doesn't last long. I like thicker textures so they last a lot longer. It feels very nice going on but after 20 minutes my lips feel dry again. The other ones sound nice but i am sure they are similar so i won't bother. And for $3 it seems like a rip off. =(