August 23, 2014 | 1782 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Justify_my_Love

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wasn't fond of the original Diorshow (too clumpy, it weighed my lashes down, and the jumbo brush was annoying), but after reading reviews here I purchased it today at my local Dior counter. I've tried Chanel Mascara Exceptionnel, and I liked it very much, but I have to say Iconic beats Chanel's ME hands down. Diorshow Iconic gives me long, lush lashes with amazing curl/ lift and seperation. No smudging or flaking whatsoever! Chanel's has a tendency to weigh my lashes down and it clumped a bit. I'm happy to say this is my new HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by SinCity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybe I am applying this incorrectly but I think it is dreadful. All it did was clump and I ended up looking like I only have 3 lashes on each eye. Outrageously priced at $27. The regular Dior Show is far superior, but I would actually take my Max Factor Volume Couture (waterproof version) over both of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Lina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this today and love it. Was hesitant b/c I tried Chanel mascaras with the rubber brush end and didn't like them, but the MA told me if I loved Diorshow I would like this better. Gives a dramatic thick lashes look without clumping. I put on two coats and it really makes the eyes stand out. No smudging or flaking. Will definitely repurchase and alternate this one with my regular black Diorshow Mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ciaobellamela

I really wanted to like this product, but it was just ok. I am in search of the perfect mascara and have yet to find it. I have straight Asian eyelashes and my main concern is finding something that will hold a curl. I do like the way this mascara goes on, it went on smoothly and didn't clump. But even with curling my eyelashes prior to application, as soon as I put it on within minutes they are straight again. I heard what I really need is a good waterproof mascara. My favorite Chanel SA recommended Inimitable so that's next on my list to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara - lengthens and curls in one sweep, and the best part is it's staying power - my lashes remained curled and uplifted for 14 hours straight! It's a little short on the volume though - but then again I'm a nutter for lush, super thick lashes. And compared to my HG mascara,YSL's Volume Effet Faux Cils, it's slightly cheaper for more (10 ml vs 7.5ml). Overall I am impressed, this may be my next HG mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara so much it has actually reached HG status. I got a small tube as a GWP after buying Dior foundation and since then I have used it every day. I am not a mascara fanatic because I don't really have a problem with my lashes (they are already quite long and dark, thank goodness) but the amazing abilities of Iconic has compelled me to use it every day. It does not smear, smudge or flake. I wear contact lenses so it is very important that my mascara stays in place and this is one of the few mascaras out there that passes my very rigorous testing. I am trying to use up every last drop of my sample to put off paying $30 as long as possible, lol. The wand is innovative and unlike other reviewers, I do not find it too big. It is not as small as drugstore varieties but not as large and cumbersome as the Dior Show wand. It's just right :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Zarahshortlash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My Korean lashes are short, angeled downwards and with no curl whatsoever. Until I tried Diorshow Iconic Mascara!!!! The BEST EVER! It lengthens them at least double the length and separates them nicely. I was stunned to find that my lashes actually didn't come far away from the ad with Monica Belluci. Lovely.
This mascara is so much better than all the others I've used: Helena Rubinstein Glorious - yes, volume, but not the length I was after; Chanel's Inimitable Multi Dimensional both regular and water-proof - length OK, no clumps, but did dry out pretty quickly, and wasn't that water-proof as it claimed to be; L'Oreal Telescopic did lengthen well, but the bristels didn't separate well enough and clumped my lashes together in bundles; Lancome Virtuose did the curl, but had a very gluey feeling.
Diorshow Iconic gives my lashes volume - without it looking chunky - and curves them to great lengths. It doesn't run (guess the tecnique is that 38 degrees-wash off) but stays on the whole day as if I just put it on.
There could, however, be one minus and that's the brush. I love the spiral-bristels and that it's fat enough to blacken the lash-roots giving me an eye-liner-look without using eye-liner, but it CAN be too fat to be smugde-free when you try to reach the corners.
But that concern is not big enough to make me doubt whether or not I will buy this mascara again. Because I surely will!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kangisaga

clumps
super nice curls without even an eyelash curler
makes eyelashes hard but i guess that's the trick in keeping them curled all day long
does smudge after 3 hours

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by charissez

i absolutely hate this. i really really wanted to like it, but no joy.
i have always prefered mascara with plastic bristle brushes, i find that they work better for me. when i realized that this was the case with iconic, i really wanted to try it. my problem with it is that the mascara comes up in clumps on the brush itself, so when i try to apply it the clumps get transferred onto my lashes and makes it look really goopy and thick. i tried using a lash brush and everything but it is just too much of a hassle. definitely wont buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by camalveau

I love this mascara. I was a big fan of the o.g. "Show" and didn't expect to like this more, but, I do. I only tried this because I am a curious make-up junkie (plan on trying that Givenchy with the funny ball next). Anyway,I don't believe there is another mascara on the planet, that curls and stays curled like this one. I take my old dryed out o.g. "Show" brush and dry comb my lashes, this fans them out,then a couple of coats of the "Iconic" and the results are really pretty. It doesn't smudge either, which we all know is really important.