Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

I almost didn't try this mascara. In fact, I almost didn't even NOTICE this mascara, if it weren't for an enthusiastic MA (what MAs aren't enthusiastic, bless 'em!). I have had bad luck with Dior's mascaras, so I wasn't about to plunk down any more $ for this one. But the MA was so insistent that I would love it, that I thought, ok - why not? (Yes, when it comes to mascaras - or rather makeup in general - I'm rather spineless!! haha!)

Anyways, I got this baby home and was eager to try it out. The brush is kinda weird (I prefer very plush brushes) and I didn't really like the packaging (kinda cheap looking as opposed to the more sophisticated/elegant Chanel mascaras, IMHO). But this bad boy delivers. Buildable lashes that don't wilt and stay upturned all day long. No smudging, flaking and it removes easily at the end of the day. It even adds some length (although I don't think this is a lengthening mascara - WHEN are they going to develop an all-in-one mascara, I'd like to know?).

EDIT Dec 09 -- I changed this rating from 4 to 3 lippies. It does smudge and gives me raccoon circles. Maybe because I just picked up a new tube with new colour (bold black) but this one is smudging quite a bit.

Amazing mascara. Lengthens and separates like a dream, no clumps or spidery lashes. It does give OK volume but if you're super into thick lashes, this doesn't do that. If you're into long, fluttery, romantic lashes, I would definitely recommend Diorshow iconic. You can also build on coat after coat without clumping...just wait for each coat to dry before you apply more!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This mascara definitely lengthens and seperates but that's all it did. I didn't get any volume. The brush is huge which made it seem like it would give me a ton of volume. I prefer diorshow to this.

My lashes are short and straight. THis mascara gives me curl, volume and length without any clumping. Better than any of my other HG mascaras. I hope they never DC this. Price is steep but what you get might be the best mascara on the market (and I have had them ALL).

I usually reach for my Mavala mascara but after seeing an ad for the Iconic mascara in a magazine I became curious and wanted to give this mascara a try. I love this mascara. It makes my lashes longer and more defined. It doesn't run off and it lasts all day. I will purchase again.

I'm in 2 minds about this mascara.... I seem to go back to it every time
This mascara is great if you only apply a small amount at a time (like i have to take alot of excess product off the wand before application). When I first started using this mascara, it provided length, seperation, and minimal volume, however I realised that if you try to put a second coat on while the first is half wet, it turned my lashes to a clumpy mess. I slowly figured out that small amount must be applied at a time, and after each coat dried to maintain separation, curl and length, without any problems.
It goes on quickly, doesn't take a lot of time to apply, lasts all day, doesn't flake, makes my eyelashes fluttery, adds exceptional lift and length.

I've tried every mascara under the sun, and yes, Isoconic created length that only YSL faux cils aspires to, however i will continue to use it as a lengthening and lifting mascara. Its no miracle formula, but it works for me at the moment, though continually on the hunt for better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

DISAPPOINTING!
I bought this mascara after my friend raved about it and how it looked like she was wearing false lashes. WHAT A MISTAKE! I could literally count my lashes after using this. This is the type of mascara that clumps yours lashes together, making it look like you have four eyelashes. It never seems to dry. CLUMPY and STICKY. What a mess. I guess this would be ok if you used one sweep of mascara. Not a volume building mascara AT ALL. And for $27? WHAT A RIP OFF! SAVE YOUR MONEY LADIES! I would stick to the classic Dior Show if I continued using Dior mascara. The iconic is not worth a penny.

To start, I bought this at a store that sold only Guerlain, Anna Sui, Shiseido, Clarins and Dior products. I asked the SA which mascara she found to be the best and she pointed me out Dior Iconic, so I gave it a try.

Before this I had decided that Chanel Inimitable would be my HG, but this changed my mind... it seperated and lengthened far better than inimitable and I could apply many layers without having it clump up like Inimitable would. My only complaint would be that it has a bit of a funny scent to it.

The only reason I would not buy this again, is because it takes about 4 layers to get volume equivalent to Chanel Inimitable. I'll be searching for a nice volumizing mascara..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't fond of the original Diorshow (too clumpy, it weighed my lashes down, and the jumbo brush was annoying), but after reading reviews here I purchased it today at my local Dior counter. I've tried Chanel Mascara Exceptionnel, and I liked it very much, but I have to say Iconic beats Chanel's ME hands down. Diorshow Iconic gives me long, lush lashes with amazing curl/ lift and seperation. No smudging or flaking whatsoever! Chanel's has a tendency to weigh my lashes down and it clumped a bit. I'm happy to say this is my new HG mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Maybe I am applying this incorrectly but I think it is dreadful. All it did was clump and I ended up looking like I only have 3 lashes on each eye. Outrageously priced at $27. The regular Dior Show is far superior, but I would actually take my Max Factor Volume Couture (waterproof version) over both of them.

Popular Mascaras