Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 6/26/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I Love this brush. I have been looking for a good blush brush and this is it. Blush goes on so easily with this brush. This is a must have.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush! I would always go to target and look at this brush, walk away sad. But i decided to finally buy it and i'm so glad that i did! It works fabulously for blush, bronzer, and liquid foundation. Everyone should really consider purchasing this!

on 6/10/2009 1:13:00 AM

This brush applied great and was very soft for the first couple of weeks, but after I washed it a few times it started to freak out. It's not soft anymore at all and has a lot of give whenever touched. Doesn't apply like when I first got it. The display at target was a little frayed but still very soft to the touch, so I assume after being washed a couple of times it decides to turn into Mr. Hyde. This has never happened to any of my other brushes and I wash them all the same exact way. Maybe I just got a defective product.

on 5/31/2009 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

YEY!!! I totally am in love with this brush! It applies foundation like a dream :) It leaves that great airbrushed finish and quickly. It blends everything in and just leaves my skin looking flawless.

As always, I wash all my brushes prior to using them on my face, and this did not shed not one hair. Perfect like in the case with that super dense soft bristles! Love it!!

on 5/17/2009 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Buy this brush. Just buy it. You won't regret it. If you like cream blush, or like the look but haven't been able to apply it to your satisfaction, this brush is *the* tool. It works on firm cream blushes, soft ones, cream-to-powders, and liquids, and it gives the most natural look ever--even better than you can get with the Beauty Blender, and I thought that was impossible. It's incredibly soft, has just the right degree of firmness, and is the prefect size. And it's CHEAP. I wash mine after every use and it's as good as new, but if it falls apart, BFD. I'll buy a new one. I have brushes that cost four times as much and don't perform anywhere near as well as this one. Just buy it and enjoy it!

on 5/11/2009 6:30:00 AM

I had this brush for less than a year. I couldn't figure out how to use it at first so it just sat there for a while. I tried it with powder and cream blushes, but it didn't blend them well. I tried it with mineral makeup, but couldn't seem to get an even and light application. After a few months, I tried using it to blend in liquid foundation and I really liked it. It gave results similar to a sponge, but was faster and easier.

Sadly, my brush fell apart. First the ferrule broke from the handle. I jammed it back on a few times, but eventualy it didn't stay anymore so I used it as kind of a kabuki. A short time later the entire clump of bristles fell out! I don't baby my brushes, but am not hard on them. I never put water anywhere but on the bristles, lay them flat to dry and barely even used it for months at a time. I would like to think I just got a bad brush, but I remember seeing a picture on the makeup board of another person who had the same thing happen. Won't buy again. Bummer.

**edit--I DID buy it again. I use it for applying liquid foundation and it gives great results. I'm really careful with this one and wash it only in tepid water and facewash. I've had this one for a year and it hasn't broken yet. :knockonwood: Bumping the review up to a four.

on 5/11/2009 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This brush is so freaken SOFT .. I cannot get over how soft it is seriously. I love the shape of this brush too .. as most ladies have said .. it has a very sexy black curvy handle to it. I love this line of Sonia Kashuk brushes b/c it has a very professional feel to it w/o the high price tag! I'm so glad that I got this brush !!~ I have not tested it with any products so I will be giving an update on how the brush holds up etc. There was few strays sticking further up than the other bristles so I plucked 'em out. Other than that--no shedding whatsoever. BTW-this is my softest brush in my whole collection!! Including mac brushes, other sonia kashuk, coastal scents, & essence of beauty. Highly recommended ! :) And at a overall rating of 98% .. that is unheard of .. seriously & there's a good amount of people too that have reviewed this brush. This is a higher rating than other compeititng high end brands. GO GO GO to your local target & pick this brush up !!!

on 5/4/2009 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is great and affordable! Brushes are dense, I love the black curvy handle. Very pretty brush. I use it primarily for blush (either powder or cream. I never could get cream blush to look right before I had this brush. I always used fingers and it was a mess. This is a great brush that can be used for multiple things.

on 5/3/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

WOW! I can only think of pros and no cons! It definitely has a VERY flat top. I use it to apply mineral foundation, but it can be used to apply blush or to contour as well. I use this instead of the "Chisel Brush" that came with the "Pur Mineral Pur-Fect Starter Kit".

PROS:
Synthetic
The moderately-sized, flat top brush head works PERFECTLY to apply mineral foundation or blush
Applies evenly
No streaking
Very soft
Doesn't shed
The indentations in the brush handle make it comfortable to hold

on 5/2/2009 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is an excellent brush. I use it to blend my concealer in and also to buff foundation to get a natural finish. This is an absolute essential in my brush collection.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products