September 21, 2014 | 2115 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Sailormoon999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 4th pencil. I love this better than the brow powder. Not too waxy and the colour choices are great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've never used a nicer brow pencil. Love this! The stick is very thin so even the tails of your brows are perfect and precise. The formula draws on nicely to correct shape or fill in sparse areas easily. The colors do run a bit dark though, I have dark auburn hair and use dark blonde. I only wish that it had a spoolie instead of comb on the end. That is my only complaint. I do wish that the product lasted a little longer, but then the stick would have to be thicker or longer, not good. I get 3 months or so of daily usage. Truly my HG brow pencil. I bought this after lusting after Tarte's pencils on HSN or QVC and don't lem those at all after using this product for nearly 2 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by hunnybaybee5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this pencil because I had run out of my favorite Za eyebrow pencil which became discontinued in the US and I was desperate. A friend recently traveled to Asia and bought me several of my Za pencils so I quickly threw this one to the side. After a few days of use, I switched back! I love this maybelline pencil so much more! It's skinnier than the Za one, therefore there's more precision, I like the consistency, and it's cheaper! It also lasts a pretty long time (I've had it for a couple months now and use it everyday). The only negative thing I would have to say about this is that I don't like or use the comb that is on the end. The Za pencil I used to use had a brush on the end. I still use the brush to soften my eyebrows after drawing them in so they don't look so harsh and then I apply MAC omega eyeshadow over it with an angle brush. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by oxarielxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sparse eyebrows so I resort to filling them in. I love this pencil because it's thin and I like that you don't need a pencil sharpener. It lasts for a long time, but when I go out I like to add a little powder shadow on top to really make it last.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by karenkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It really does last a long time! It has good color and goes on eyebrows easily and looks pretty natural. Very easy to apply! I only use it to fill in the outer tails of my eyebrows and a little bit of the top of eyebrow arch. Doesn't smudge and lasts all day. I have it in brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this eb pencil! I was using macs prior to this but i lost it and bought this instead since im broke and it was on sale. I agree that the consistency of this is like macs and thin like theirs too. The only diff i see is the comb on the other end which is really useful for me esp when i trim my ebs.it lasts a good while too on my oily skin. Def repurchase!

update: so i purchased macs lately and there seems to be a difference in the formula- macs is a tad bit more stiff which makes it easier for me to draw thinner lines (and i like my ebs thin). mac wins but this is def an affordable alternative. still love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by thewebgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fantastic product. As a MUA who is eyebrow OBSESSED I have worked with literally every eyebrow powder, pencil, wax, gel, marker on the professional & consumer market. LOVED this product. Great alternative to the MAC brows & still cheaper after PPID discount. I have each colour in my brush belt. Won't replace my other products that I love (MAC powders, anastasia brow kit, a set of brow markers from Turkey) but it's perfect for when I need it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the product itself. The super thin pencil gives you a very natural look, comparable to one that you would get from using a powder. I'm a natural blonde and was happy that they had a shade that was ashy enough for me to use (often times brow products are too warm/reddish for me). My biggest complaint, and reason for stating that I would not buy this again is that you use it up soooo quickly. I do have very sparse, but full in shape (does that make sense? once i fill them in they are full brows, as opposed to skinny) so each time I use this, I use up a lot of product. I found that I was re-purchasing this way more often than I wanted to be. I have since switched to using MAC's Omega eyeshadow (HUGE rave for blonde brows) and have been using the same pot for over a year. The effect is similar and its more cost efficient.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Like other reviewers say, this is the best alternative to MAC eyebrow pencils. It looks and performs really similar and it's way cheaper. I love this, and I'm glad I found my shade. I think this might be the only problem, that they don't have testers for shades. But honestly, it's so cheap you might pick up a couple and try them both or use them in combination. I give this a two thumbs up

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by PinkH0llywood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful pencil for brows! Prior to discovering this product I was completely dedicated to my MAC brow pencil in Lingering. I now use the Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil in Medium Brown. Both shades are almost identicle. Medium Brown is a tad darker than Lingering but it's hardly noticeable. The consistency of both pencils feel identical. Define-a-Brow even seems to be longer lasting than MAC. I have combo/oily skin and when I use blotting sheets this stuff does not budge (while the MAC would transfer onto sheet). Define-a-Brow could definitely be used as a cheaper alternative to the MAC brow pencil. The price is great, and it's easily accessible at local drug stores. Try and enjoy!