Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

Easy to use, very fine tip, auto-sharpening, lasts forever, looks natural (I am have it in dark brown for more drama and medium brown for day to day), and stays put like you wouldn't believe! Plus, I got it for about 3 bucks on sale at Ulta, The little comb on the end is great for a fast brush through or touch up. Won't ever be without this!

on 4/20/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My favourite brow product I have tried. I have gone through many of them, and always have a backup. I find that with a lot of brow pencils it takes a while to get it to look natural and not 'drawn on', but with this one, it looks natural right away. I love the retractable pencil (no sharpening!!) and will continue to purchase these :)

on 4/7/2010 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Lasted through my weekly hula/tahitian class!! Usually by the end of class i'm dripping in sweat and my eyebrows are halfway gone. After class last night I still had BOTH full eyebrows!! Very impressed with this stuff. Two things I look for when it comes to brow products are lasting power and how they look in pictures. I noticed with brow powders they kind get shiny, its hard for me to explain... The only other eyebrow product that I love but too expensive to buy over and over again is the Anastasia brow pencil. One pencil is $22!! But it does last a long time! This pencil is up there with the Anastasia one. I do need to buy more frequently but I don't mind. Since it's a twisty you don't need to sharpen and you get a nice precise line every time. I've purchased this product over and over again and will continue to purchase. Great product!!

this product is proof that expensive doesn't always mean its better

i've used powders pencils waxes from top notch brands and none have such a good range or colors or lasts all day long without it being noticeble

the only negative thing i can say is that its hard to twist the product out & you don't know when you're about to run out

on 4/5/2010 4:56:00 PM

This is one of the few products i stockpile...mostly because theres no way to tell when it will run out...and it runs out more quickly than i think. but i love this because it is a great consistency, not waxy, looks natural, lasts all day but mostly i love the color. I have light brown brows and think using anything darker looks too "made-up". So i use the light blonde which doesnt look too harsh on my light skin. I simply can NOT find another color this perfect. But i dont really need to because this works great. And I detest sharpening so i like the twist up style. The only problem with this is, as i said, you can not tell when it is about to run out.

on 4/5/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am reeeally impressed with this pencil. I am big into perfect-looking, manicured eyebrows and have been using brow powder & pencil for years and years. I use NYC's powder and had been using Rimmel's pencil, which was fine, but nothing special. I didn't really think eyebrow pencils could be "something special" -- enter Maybelline's Define-a-Brow! This pencil is super slim, and you don't have to sharpen it - YAY - it twists up. I like the packaging. The way I do my brows is to fill in sparse areas with powder, then use a pencil to 'perfect' them; give them a little more definition. This pencil looks as natural as a powder; it's like the ease of drawing with a pencil coupled with the natural look of a powder. Fantastic! It was like 10 bucks but completely worth it. My new HG.

on 4/4/2010 6:39:00 PM

I have this in medium brown and itís a fabulous product. It rivals my MAC brow pencil in Lingering Ė I canít tell the difference and usually reach for the Maybelline one for everyday use. The MAC one is good too Ė just canít really tell any significant difference between it and Maybelline Define a Brow except in price. In all my recent photos I'm wearing this. Great drug store get!!

on 4/4/2010 1:32:00 AM

Great brow pencil! Affordable, widely accessible and nice pigmentation. I will definitely stock up during the next Maybelline BOGO sale. I have black hair and the dark brown pencil was the perfect color... not too dark, not too light.

on 3/30/2010 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product just to use it as a substitute as i waited for my new pencil to come. I have the dark blonde, and it matches perfectly my eyebrows with my hair. the pencil is so small and gives you precision. love it. def would buy it again.

on 3/25/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best brow product I've tried. It doesn't give harsh lines on the brow and it blends in perfectly with my brows. I have this in Soft Black and I don't have to worry about it looking too ridiculously black. It's so easy to work with. Just lightly swipe on and I'm done. Sometimes I don't even bother to brush through my eyebrows after I use it because it looks perfect as is. I'll always rebuy this for my brows!

EDIT: I've noticed that this does not have any brown undertones. If you want something with a more natural color, this probably isn't for you. It does have a slightly gray overcast. I think this brow pencil would be better for achieving dramatically black pencil thin brows. I still like it, but the color looks a little off to me.

Popular Brows Products