Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 3/11/2003 2:08:00 PM

So far this is my favorite lip balm. I can't tell if it is actually drying out my lips though, because I have to constantly wear it! I tried Neutrogena lip balm and that kind of leaked off my lips onto the skin around them...really weird. Needless to say I didn't like that and I went back to my Burts Bees. Only drawback, sometimes the smell is too overpowering for me. The smell is so strong in fact that other people can smell it when I put it on. They always say they like it though! P.S. I found it in the twist up chapstick form at Whole Foods. Would not buy in pot.

on 3/10/2003 3:47:00 PM

This was $2.49 for a small tin at Whole Foods. My initial reaction was this was too high but I find that a little balm goes a long way. I like the waxy texture and it makes my lips feel coated and protected. I really love the peppermint oil in it! I generally don't like balm in a pot but I can get the product out with the tip of a fingernail so I avoid messing up my fingers with the balm. Overall a very good balm.

on 3/9/2003 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ehh...this was just okay. It's a very very hard product--impossible to pick up a decent amount from the pot. I like to coat my lips since they're very dry, but I couldn't with this one! I like the pepperminty smell. Very tingly, which is okay for me, but I didn't find it all that moisturizing. Wouldn't buy again.

on 3/8/2003 2:58:00 AM

This is one of my favorite lip balms. It softens my lips, without being too glossy and slick to use under lipstick. I've repurchased this several times.

on 3/5/2003 9:07:00 PM

I have heard much about this product so I shipped it to Australia. I am used to lip glosses for moisturising my lips so I found that this stuff does'nt quite cut it! The balm was very waxy and my lips still felt dry. I like the scent and the tingle from the peppermint oil though. I would use the rest of the tube but I won't buy it again.

on 3/5/2003 3:37:00 PM

I hated this stuff! I practically had to dig a knife into it to get it out of the container. The smell is nauseating and made me just want to deal with chapped lips. Will never purchase again!

on 3/5/2003 6:44:00 AM

A classic. Good packaging, scent, and price. It won't save your lips in severe winter weather, but I love it for everyday. PS: The trick to using the little tin is not to use your finger. Just swipe the tin over your lips and you get perfect coverage.

on 3/3/2003 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Nice minty scent, but this product was too HARD. Hard to get out of the canister, and didn't feel moisturizing at all. Too thin and waxy. I bought it as an emergency on campus before a football game in the cold, and by the fouth quarter, I had probably applied it 5 or more times. On the plus side, the tin is very small and thin (I'm not so sure this is a plus, now that I think about it, given the small amount of product inside) so it will slip into your jeans pocket. Still, gimme my Rosebud Salve!

on 3/3/2003 1:42:00 PM

My second favorite LipBalm staple next to Blistex Lip Medex. Definitely soothes and heals sore and dry lips. I like the tube better for easier access. Great product, from a great company!

on 3/3/2003 9:22:00 AM

The natural mint scent is very good but it doesn't work as a lip balm. Way too waxy; no moisturizing effect.

Popular Lip Treatments