Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 3/28/2003 1:16:00 PM

I bought this in the tin, and wish I'd bought the tube. It's so waxy and hard to get any on your finger to apply to your lips. It does tingle pleasantly, but that wears off soon, and it doesn't really moisturize that much. I have to constantly reapply it, and that's a drag.

on 3/20/2003 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this lip balm (in the tube.) I use it at night and it feels and smells great. No matter how dry my lips get I put this on and wake up with smooth lips. This and Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer are my all time favorites!

on 3/20/2003 12:16:00 PM

I like the minty-ness, but that's all. Doesn't moisturize, doesn't provide a smooth base for lipcolor, like Blistex does, doesn't do much of anything.

on 3/19/2003 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It hurts so good!

on 3/18/2003 10:26:00 PM

I like the tingly feeling this gives my lips but thats about it.
It fades quickly and doesn't moisturize at all.
I was disappointed because I wanted to like this product. But it did absolutely nothing for my lips. Awww too bad :)

on 3/17/2003 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this lip balm, both in the tin and the tube. I think it's very soothing and the taste/effect is great. Nice product!

on 3/14/2003 12:30:00 AM

I love this lip balm and other than Rosebud salve, its the only one I'll use. Truly the best for the lip balm addicted.

on 3/13/2003 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite lip balm, not gloss BALM. It is natural and has vitamin E in in and it's pepperminty to boot.

I have alot of the tubes (one in every bag during the winter) and just bought my first tin, which I like OK. You get more product in the tin for the same cost.

UPDATE 12-2005: They are still my favorite lipbalm, but they have changed their formulation? It's a little bit waxier- they now substitute coconut oil for almond oil! It's definitely a cost-cutting measure. They also have a different one that emphasizes the honey component of the previous formulation called "HONEY Burt's Bees" and it features Shea Butter! I like it alot.

on 3/13/2003 6:38:00 PM

I know a lot of people love this lip balm, but I can't stand it. I have sensitive skin and this product hurts my lips. The peppermint oil irritates my lips and the tin is practically impossible to open. The strong peppermint scent is also too strong. I would recommend Dr. Hauschka's lip balm instead.

on 3/13/2003 5:07:00 AM

i like the cute little tin~ but i wish i can find one in the tube! the only thing i like about this lip balm is the minty feel once applied on lips~ but other than that, i dislike this balm very much! it's almost impossible to pick up a decent amount with in that waxy tin~ and i don't feel anything except the minty feel once applied! it doesn't moisturize my lips..... stay away from this if you're looking for a > that can moisturize your lips! my cheapo $0.99 chapstick works better than this!! continued >>

Popular Lip Treatments