December 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the smell and feel of this (love the minty tingle). Unfortunately, I am acne-prone even around my mouth, and this totally broke me out! It has coconut oil as one of the main ingredients, which is comedogenic, so none for me thanks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 11:53:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've noticed that this is a lip balm that a lot of people feel very strongly about. Most seem to either love it or hate it. So of course, I had to try it. I paid $2.95 for mine, which seems a bit high for a lower-end chapstick, but I shouldn't complain since I got sucked into buying a $24 one once (Benetint Lip Balm, which I like, but which isn't worth that high price!). Anyway, I really love the minty tingle. It makes my lips feel cold. In high school, one of my favorite books was "My Antonia" by Willa Cather, and the grandfather in the book is described as having a "fresh, frosty smile." That's how this balm makes me feel. It's almost like I've been chewing a big wad of Doublemint gum. I like that this isn't glossy or tinted so I can wear other products over or under it without worrying about changing the color. It's just a good, basic balm that I will probably buy again -- at least until I start buying Chapstick again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A friend of mine told me this was her holy grail of lip balms, and was shocked I didn't have it. What's the big deal? It's just like a plain Chapstick with peppermint oil to make your lips tingle. I don't hate it, but I won't repurchase either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ericsbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the mintiness in this (and so does my hubby) and it's in the cutest tiniest round tin that slips into your tiniest pursies. Thing is, I do have to reapply often - but I have very dry lips.
Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2003 6:18:00 PM More reviews by anastasia2123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I felt this product was nothing more than minty fresh crap. This product contains too much wax, which only serves to coat the lips and not treat the underlying problem. I fell victim to its super minty aroma, but felt very let down by its effects. I stick to Carmex for a real lip indulgence and treatment. I would never buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2003 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Anne

I love this! This is definitely my favorite lipbalm, ever. It has a great minty smell, and it's not shiny which makes it perfect for wearing under lipsticks or glosses. Definitely a staple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 9:52:00 PM More reviews by veggiekhc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had an obsession with Burt's Bees lipbalm in college for a while and I turned a lot of my friends on to its minty goodness. Then I got bored and switched to Smith's Strawberry Salve (among other things.) Now I'm back (sort of)- I randomly bought a tube a month ago and keep it my coat pocket. It's good for a pick me up, and I know I'll be using it more come summer b/c right now, my lips don't really need to feel any number.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Soybeans236

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this lipbalm. It moisturizes well, but I don't like the peppermint. It stings my lips and I'm not a huge fan of the scent anyways. My mom, on the otherhand, LOVES the mint, and its the whole reason she buys the product. The price is good too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 9:36:00 PM More reviews by scribblescrabble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This doesn't moisturize the way I want it to, and it leaves a whitish cast on my lips that changes the color of my lipstick slightly. I love the peppermint tingle though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2003 7:17:00 AM More reviews by chowrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a great, cheap refresing lipbalm that a girl can always reach for to moisturize and protect her lips. I love the fact that its cooling to the lips, which other people might not care for. I like this better than other lipbalms because its not greasy, which is how a I think a lipbalm should be: not greasy.