December 22, 2014 | 1158 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by emmakins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have heard much about this product so I shipped it to Australia. I am used to lip glosses for moisturising my lips so I found that this stuff does'nt quite cut it! The balm was very waxy and my lips still felt dry. I like the scent and the tingle from the peppermint oil though. I would use the rest of the tube but I won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2003 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Valree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this stuff! I practically had to dig a knife into it to get it out of the container. The smell is nauseating and made me just want to deal with chapped lips. Will never purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 6:44:00 AM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A classic. Good packaging, scent, and price. It won't save your lips in severe winter weather, but I love it for everyday. PS: The trick to using the little tin is not to use your finger. Just swipe the tin over your lips and you get perfect coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice minty scent, but this product was too HARD. Hard to get out of the canister, and didn't feel moisturizing at all. Too thin and waxy. I bought it as an emergency on campus before a football game in the cold, and by the fouth quarter, I had probably applied it 5 or more times. On the plus side, the tin is very small and thin (I'm not so sure this is a plus, now that I think about it, given the small amount of product inside) so it will slip into your jeans pocket. Still, gimme my Rosebud Salve!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

My second favorite LipBalm staple next to Blistex Lip Medex. Definitely soothes and heals sore and dry lips. I like the tube better for easier access. Great product, from a great company!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2003 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kjfisher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The natural mint scent is very good but it doesn't work as a lip balm. Way too waxy; no moisturizing effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this off drugstore.com merely because of its cute packaging(yellow metal tin with a cartoon bee printed on the lid). It took me only two trials to totally HATE it: It didn't make my lips feel any softer or more moisturizing, rather it made a yucky chewing gum scented fake plastic coat on my not-so-dry lips. I never experienced a dry-out like this from any lip balms I ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2003 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Bernadette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this while I was in Hawaii because I never saw it in any of the stores around me and I didn't want to pay $8 shipping for a tiny little lip balm. It's not that bad, it goes on smooth and moisturizes a little bit, but I hate the strong peppermint taste. It feels like I am rubbing toothpaste all over my lips and leaving it there - plus it's very cold. I am sticking to Nuxe lip balm which is softer and smells better. (But I am keeping the Burt's lip balm as a Hawaii souvenir, though.) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2003 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ksandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lip balm. The smell is wonderful (I love anything peppermint) and leaves lips feeling cool, yet moisturized. Wonderful product. YAY for Burt's Bees.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2003 10:33:00 PM More reviews by chi_chi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. This lipbalm is nice in that it's not goopy or anything like Vaseline. *But* it dries up my lips almost immediately! Would not recommend.