November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice minty scent, but this product was too HARD. Hard to get out of the canister, and didn't feel moisturizing at all. Too thin and waxy. I bought it as an emergency on campus before a football game in the cold, and by the fouth quarter, I had probably applied it 5 or more times. On the plus side, the tin is very small and thin (I'm not so sure this is a plus, now that I think about it, given the small amount of product inside) so it will slip into your jeans pocket. Still, gimme my Rosebud Salve!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

My second favorite LipBalm staple next to Blistex Lip Medex. Definitely soothes and heals sore and dry lips. I like the tube better for easier access. Great product, from a great company!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2003 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kjfisher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The natural mint scent is very good but it doesn't work as a lip balm. Way too waxy; no moisturizing effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this off drugstore.com merely because of its cute packaging(yellow metal tin with a cartoon bee printed on the lid). It took me only two trials to totally HATE it: It didn't make my lips feel any softer or more moisturizing, rather it made a yucky chewing gum scented fake plastic coat on my not-so-dry lips. I never experienced a dry-out like this from any lip balms I ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2003 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Bernadette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this while I was in Hawaii because I never saw it in any of the stores around me and I didn't want to pay $8 shipping for a tiny little lip balm. It's not that bad, it goes on smooth and moisturizes a little bit, but I hate the strong peppermint taste. It feels like I am rubbing toothpaste all over my lips and leaving it there - plus it's very cold. I am sticking to Nuxe lip balm which is softer and smells better. (But I am keeping the Burt's lip balm as a Hawaii souvenir, though.) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2003 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ksandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lip balm. The smell is wonderful (I love anything peppermint) and leaves lips feeling cool, yet moisturized. Wonderful product. YAY for Burt's Bees.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2003 10:33:00 PM More reviews by chi_chi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. This lipbalm is nice in that it's not goopy or anything like Vaseline. *But* it dries up my lips almost immediately! Would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the smell and feel of this (love the minty tingle). Unfortunately, I am acne-prone even around my mouth, and this totally broke me out! It has coconut oil as one of the main ingredients, which is comedogenic, so none for me thanks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 11:53:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've noticed that this is a lip balm that a lot of people feel very strongly about. Most seem to either love it or hate it. So of course, I had to try it. I paid $2.95 for mine, which seems a bit high for a lower-end chapstick, but I shouldn't complain since I got sucked into buying a $24 one once (Benetint Lip Balm, which I like, but which isn't worth that high price!). Anyway, I really love the minty tingle. It makes my lips feel cold. In high school, one of my favorite books was "My Antonia" by Willa Cather, and the grandfather in the book is described as having a "fresh, frosty smile." That's how this balm makes me feel. It's almost like I've been chewing a big wad of Doublemint gum. I like that this isn't glossy or tinted so I can wear other products over or under it without worrying about changing the color. It's just a good, basic balm that I will probably buy again -- at least until I start buying Chapstick again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A friend of mine told me this was her holy grail of lip balms, and was shocked I didn't have it. What's the big deal? It's just like a plain Chapstick with peppermint oil to make your lips tingle. I don't hate it, but I won't repurchase either.