Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 4/16/2003 6:16:00 PM

I have the Strawberry one in the tub which smells just like fried chicken. Eww!

on 4/16/2003 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Have the lip balm in the tube and the one in the tin container - love them both! The minty taste is so refreshing (and my hubby loves it, too, he hates all the other lipsticks, glosses, etc. that I wear). And it's mostly natural and inexpensive - what more can you ask for? I'll never buy another lip balm -

on 4/15/2003 2:14:00 PM

I like the peppermint smell of this lipbalm. It really makes my lips tingle. The downside is getting the lid off the tin.

on 4/15/2003 10:38:00 AM

Have your lip ever had that tingly sensation with a peppermint after smell? Well let me tell you. It is so refreshing and feels so goood! Burts bees gives my lip a plump feel b/c of the tingling. I swear this lip balm makes my lips feel fuller! I love lip glosses but sometimes I need an alternative! To get that refreshing tingle get Burts bees!

on 4/15/2003 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Best darn lip stuff ever. Will never betray Burt.

on 4/13/2003 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this lipbalm is just like any other on the market. It's good as a chapstick, I always carry it around with me when I go to school, and it definitely keeps my lips non chapped. Other than that, the tingling sensation on your lips is nice, but it once also turned my lips blue for some reason... Weird, huh?

on 4/12/2003 12:53:00 AM

I don't understand what all the hype is about this product. I expected to love it, and I didn't. It's a good product, but nothing special. Worst part, toward the end, it started tasting like the tin container!

on 4/11/2003 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

If you're going to try Burt's Bees...definately get it in the little stick/tube. I've had both versions and I'm addicted to the stick but I couldn't stand the kind in the pot! It was impossible to get any amount at all out. As a product...this is the best chapstick ever. I put it on before any lipstick so my lips aren't so flaky. Does Burt's Bees make any kind of chapstick with a little bit of color? If not, they totally should!

on 4/10/2003 8:10:00 PM

It's definitely very waxy and its so thick it's hard to get it out of the tub and on to your lips. It really coats my lips and makes them feel better temporarily, but it doesn't really condition them at all. I'd be careful leaving the metal tub in your purse. The top could fall off and leave the balm to melt all over everything.

Ouch. :( This stuff burned the entire time it was on, and dried out my lips. I guess I'm allergic to the peppermint oil, because that's a major reason why a lot of ladies like this stuff.. for the tingle. No tingle for me, just burning. *sigh*

Popular Lip Treatments