August 23, 2014 | 1059 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2003 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kjfisher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The natural mint scent is very good but it doesn't work as a lip balm. Way too waxy; no moisturizing effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this off drugstore.com merely because of its cute packaging(yellow metal tin with a cartoon bee printed on the lid). It took me only two trials to totally HATE it: It didn't make my lips feel any softer or more moisturizing, rather it made a yucky chewing gum scented fake plastic coat on my not-so-dry lips. I never experienced a dry-out like this from any lip balms I ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2003 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Bernadette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this while I was in Hawaii because I never saw it in any of the stores around me and I didn't want to pay $8 shipping for a tiny little lip balm. It's not that bad, it goes on smooth and moisturizes a little bit, but I hate the strong peppermint taste. It feels like I am rubbing toothpaste all over my lips and leaving it there - plus it's very cold. I am sticking to Nuxe lip balm which is softer and smells better. (But I am keeping the Burt's lip balm as a Hawaii souvenir, though.) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2003 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ksandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lip balm. The smell is wonderful (I love anything peppermint) and leaves lips feeling cool, yet moisturized. Wonderful product. YAY for Burt's Bees.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2003 10:33:00 PM More reviews by chi_chi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. This lipbalm is nice in that it's not goopy or anything like Vaseline. *But* it dries up my lips almost immediately! Would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the smell and feel of this (love the minty tingle). Unfortunately, I am acne-prone even around my mouth, and this totally broke me out! It has coconut oil as one of the main ingredients, which is comedogenic, so none for me thanks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 11:53:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've noticed that this is a lip balm that a lot of people feel very strongly about. Most seem to either love it or hate it. So of course, I had to try it. I paid $2.95 for mine, which seems a bit high for a lower-end chapstick, but I shouldn't complain since I got sucked into buying a $24 one once (Benetint Lip Balm, which I like, but which isn't worth that high price!). Anyway, I really love the minty tingle. It makes my lips feel cold. In high school, one of my favorite books was "My Antonia" by Willa Cather, and the grandfather in the book is described as having a "fresh, frosty smile." That's how this balm makes me feel. It's almost like I've been chewing a big wad of Doublemint gum. I like that this isn't glossy or tinted so I can wear other products over or under it without worrying about changing the color. It's just a good, basic balm that I will probably buy again -- at least until I start buying Chapstick again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A friend of mine told me this was her holy grail of lip balms, and was shocked I didn't have it. What's the big deal? It's just like a plain Chapstick with peppermint oil to make your lips tingle. I don't hate it, but I won't repurchase either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ericsbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love the mintiness in this (and so does my hubby) and it's in the cutest tiniest round tin that slips into your tiniest pursies. Thing is, I do have to reapply often - but I have very dry lips.
Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2003 6:18:00 PM More reviews by anastasia2123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I felt this product was nothing more than minty fresh crap. This product contains too much wax, which only serves to coat the lips and not treat the underlying problem. I fell victim to its super minty aroma, but felt very let down by its effects. I stick to Carmex for a real lip indulgence and treatment. I would never buy this product again.