December 19, 2014 | 1426 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2003 12:30:00 AM More reviews by peeches

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm and other than Rosebud salve, its the only one I'll use. Truly the best for the lip balm addicted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2003 6:40:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip balm, not gloss BALM. It is natural and has vitamin E in in and it's pepperminty to boot.

I have alot of the tubes (one in every bag during the winter) and just bought my first tin, which I like OK. You get more product in the tin for the same cost.

UPDATE 12-2005: They are still my favorite lipbalm, but they have changed their formulation? It's a little bit waxier- they now substitute coconut oil for almond oil! It's definitely a cost-cutting measure. They also have a different one that emphasizes the honey component of the previous formulation called "HONEY Burt's Bees" and it features Shea Butter! I like it alot.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2003 6:38:00 PM More reviews by j2kassler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know a lot of people love this lip balm, but I can't stand it. I have sensitive skin and this product hurts my lips. The peppermint oil irritates my lips and the tin is practically impossible to open. The strong peppermint scent is also too strong. I would recommend Dr. Hauschka's lip balm instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2003 5:07:00 AM More reviews by starryapple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the cute little tin~ but i wish i can find one in the tube! the only thing i like about this lip balm is the minty feel once applied on lips~ but other than that, i dislike this balm very much! it's almost impossible to pick up a decent amount with in that waxy tin~ and i don't feel anything except the minty feel once applied! it doesn't moisturize my lips..... stay away from this if you're looking for a > that can moisturize your lips! my cheapo $0.99 chapstick works better than this!! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 7:58:00 PM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I *finally* managed to get this lipbalm - I kept hearing about it but pushed off getting it for months, but I"ve finally sucummbed ;) It's easier to buy the pots than the tubes, I supppose everyone goes for the tubes because they're way more hygenic and portable and less messy than pots (can't stand pot lipbalms). The lipbalm is quite waxy, but not nasty or greasy.. and it has a minty flavor that's pleasant but not everyone may think so. I wish it was slightly shiny though, but it's matte so I just use it as a treatment when I'm at home. I also found it wasn't as moisturizing as my MMU lipbalms (my fave), but they still did a decent job. This will keep lips moisturized, but if you already have chapped lips, this won't help much IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by rutis

So far this is my favorite lip balm. I can't tell if it is actually drying out my lips though, because I have to constantly wear it! I tried Neutrogena lip balm and that kind of leaked off my lips onto the skin around them...really weird. Needless to say I didn't like that and I went back to my Burts Bees. Only drawback, sometimes the smell is too overpowering for me. The smell is so strong in fact that other people can smell it when I put it on. They always say they like it though! P.S. I found it in the twist up chapstick form at Whole Foods. Would not buy in pot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was $2.49 for a small tin at Whole Foods. My initial reaction was this was too high but I find that a little balm goes a long way. I like the waxy texture and it makes my lips feel coated and protected. I really love the peppermint oil in it! I generally don't like balm in a pot but I can get the product out with the tip of a fingernail so I avoid messing up my fingers with the balm. Overall a very good balm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2003 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ehh...this was just okay. It's a very very hard product--impossible to pick up a decent amount from the pot. I like to coat my lips since they're very dry, but I couldn't with this one! I like the pepperminty smell. Very tingly, which is okay for me, but I didn't find it all that moisturizing. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Tweetyfan

This is one of my favorite lip balms. It softens my lips, without being too glossy and slick to use under lipstick. I've repurchased this several times.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by emmakins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have heard much about this product so I shipped it to Australia. I am used to lip glosses for moisturising my lips so I found that this stuff does'nt quite cut it! The balm was very waxy and my lips still felt dry. I like the scent and the tingle from the peppermint oil though. I would use the rest of the tube but I won't buy it again.