July 24, 2014 | 2039 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2003 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ehh...this was just okay. It's a very very hard product--impossible to pick up a decent amount from the pot. I like to coat my lips since they're very dry, but I couldn't with this one! I like the pepperminty smell. Very tingly, which is okay for me, but I didn't find it all that moisturizing. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Tweetyfan

This is one of my favorite lip balms. It softens my lips, without being too glossy and slick to use under lipstick. I've repurchased this several times.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by emmakins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have heard much about this product so I shipped it to Australia. I am used to lip glosses for moisturising my lips so I found that this stuff does'nt quite cut it! The balm was very waxy and my lips still felt dry. I like the scent and the tingle from the peppermint oil though. I would use the rest of the tube but I won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2003 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Valree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this stuff! I practically had to dig a knife into it to get it out of the container. The smell is nauseating and made me just want to deal with chapped lips. Will never purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 6:44:00 AM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A classic. Good packaging, scent, and price. It won't save your lips in severe winter weather, but I love it for everyday. PS: The trick to using the little tin is not to use your finger. Just swipe the tin over your lips and you get perfect coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice minty scent, but this product was too HARD. Hard to get out of the canister, and didn't feel moisturizing at all. Too thin and waxy. I bought it as an emergency on campus before a football game in the cold, and by the fouth quarter, I had probably applied it 5 or more times. On the plus side, the tin is very small and thin (I'm not so sure this is a plus, now that I think about it, given the small amount of product inside) so it will slip into your jeans pocket. Still, gimme my Rosebud Salve!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

My second favorite LipBalm staple next to Blistex Lip Medex. Definitely soothes and heals sore and dry lips. I like the tube better for easier access. Great product, from a great company!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2003 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kjfisher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The natural mint scent is very good but it doesn't work as a lip balm. Way too waxy; no moisturizing effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this off drugstore.com merely because of its cute packaging(yellow metal tin with a cartoon bee printed on the lid). It took me only two trials to totally HATE it: It didn't make my lips feel any softer or more moisturizing, rather it made a yucky chewing gum scented fake plastic coat on my not-so-dry lips. I never experienced a dry-out like this from any lip balms I ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2003 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Bernadette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this while I was in Hawaii because I never saw it in any of the stores around me and I didn't want to pay $8 shipping for a tiny little lip balm. It's not that bad, it goes on smooth and moisturizes a little bit, but I hate the strong peppermint taste. It feels like I am rubbing toothpaste all over my lips and leaving it there - plus it's very cold. I am sticking to Nuxe lip balm which is softer and smells better. (But I am keeping the Burt's lip balm as a Hawaii souvenir, though.) :)