April 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 7:58:00 PM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I *finally* managed to get this lipbalm - I kept hearing about it but pushed off getting it for months, but I"ve finally sucummbed ;) It's easier to buy the pots than the tubes, I supppose everyone goes for the tubes because they're way more hygenic and portable and less messy than pots (can't stand pot lipbalms). The lipbalm is quite waxy, but not nasty or greasy.. and it has a minty flavor that's pleasant but not everyone may think so. I wish it was slightly shiny though, but it's matte so I just use it as a treatment when I'm at home. I also found it wasn't as moisturizing as my MMU lipbalms (my fave), but they still did a decent job. This will keep lips moisturized, but if you already have chapped lips, this won't help much IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by rutis

So far this is my favorite lip balm. I can't tell if it is actually drying out my lips though, because I have to constantly wear it! I tried Neutrogena lip balm and that kind of leaked off my lips onto the skin around them...really weird. Needless to say I didn't like that and I went back to my Burts Bees. Only drawback, sometimes the smell is too overpowering for me. The smell is so strong in fact that other people can smell it when I put it on. They always say they like it though! P.S. I found it in the twist up chapstick form at Whole Foods. Would not buy in pot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was $2.49 for a small tin at Whole Foods. My initial reaction was this was too high but I find that a little balm goes a long way. I like the waxy texture and it makes my lips feel coated and protected. I really love the peppermint oil in it! I generally don't like balm in a pot but I can get the product out with the tip of a fingernail so I avoid messing up my fingers with the balm. Overall a very good balm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2003 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ehh...this was just okay. It's a very very hard product--impossible to pick up a decent amount from the pot. I like to coat my lips since they're very dry, but I couldn't with this one! I like the pepperminty smell. Very tingly, which is okay for me, but I didn't find it all that moisturizing. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Tweetyfan

This is one of my favorite lip balms. It softens my lips, without being too glossy and slick to use under lipstick. I've repurchased this several times.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2003 9:07:00 PM More reviews by emmakins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have heard much about this product so I shipped it to Australia. I am used to lip glosses for moisturising my lips so I found that this stuff does'nt quite cut it! The balm was very waxy and my lips still felt dry. I like the scent and the tingle from the peppermint oil though. I would use the rest of the tube but I won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2003 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Valree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this stuff! I practically had to dig a knife into it to get it out of the container. The smell is nauseating and made me just want to deal with chapped lips. Will never purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 6:44:00 AM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A classic. Good packaging, scent, and price. It won't save your lips in severe winter weather, but I love it for everyday. PS: The trick to using the little tin is not to use your finger. Just swipe the tin over your lips and you get perfect coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice minty scent, but this product was too HARD. Hard to get out of the canister, and didn't feel moisturizing at all. Too thin and waxy. I bought it as an emergency on campus before a football game in the cold, and by the fouth quarter, I had probably applied it 5 or more times. On the plus side, the tin is very small and thin (I'm not so sure this is a plus, now that I think about it, given the small amount of product inside) so it will slip into your jeans pocket. Still, gimme my Rosebud Salve!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 1:42:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

My second favorite LipBalm staple next to Blistex Lip Medex. Definitely soothes and heals sore and dry lips. I like the tube better for easier access. Great product, from a great company!