July 30, 2014 | 1156 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2003 10:29:00 AM More reviews by XxMeleanaxX

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this lipbalm is just like any other on the market. It's good as a chapstick, I always carry it around with me when I go to school, and it definitely keeps my lips non chapped. Other than that, the tingling sensation on your lips is nice, but it once also turned my lips blue for some reason... Weird, huh?

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2003 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Lala04

I don't understand what all the hype is about this product. I expected to love it, and I didn't. It's a good product, but nothing special. Worst part, toward the end, it started tasting like the tin container!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Kitri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're going to try Burt's Bees...definately get it in the little stick/tube. I've had both versions and I'm addicted to the stick but I couldn't stand the kind in the pot! It was impossible to get any amount at all out. As a product...this is the best chapstick ever. I put it on before any lipstick so my lips aren't so flaky. Does Burt's Bees make any kind of chapstick with a little bit of color? If not, they totally should!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2003 8:10:00 PM More reviews by steph1080

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's definitely very waxy and its so thick it's hard to get it out of the tub and on to your lips. It really coats my lips and makes them feel better temporarily, but it doesn't really condition them at all. I'd be careful leaving the metal tub in your purse. The top could fall off and leave the balm to melt all over everything.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2003 8:31:00 AM More reviews by subbacultcha

Ouch. :( This stuff burned the entire time it was on, and dried out my lips. I guess I'm allergic to the peppermint oil, because that's a major reason why a lot of ladies like this stuff.. for the tingle. No tingle for me, just burning. *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2003 12:44:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneXOXO

I CAN'T LIVE HAPPILY WITHOUT THIS AMAZING LIPGLOSS!!! It's the best, not sticky or greesy.......smooth application and best of all, its tingly! I love it! Highly recomended!!! A +++++!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2003 11:01:00 PM More reviews by duale2000

I work in the Chemistry lab and I know exactly what petroleum is, so Chapticks and anythings that have petroleum is needed to be away. Imagine women keep licking the "petroleum" lip balm make me sick! ( It likes they are eating a spoon of petroleum/year!) Actually, the nature ingredient might not work "excellent" as the greasy petroleum, but for my health in the future, I like it. As I know, Italian people used real honey as their lip balm and Asian people used coconut oil. $2.50 for a nature lip balm is not expensive. I wish there was a lip balm totally made from honey! I love honey!

UPDATe: I no longer this it and will not repurchase, for there are lots of good lip balm out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2003 6:27:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

YES! a great lip balm! When you want your lips to be nude, nourished, tingly, and smelling good..... this is your product! This keeps your lips healthy looking and feeling great. The pepperment extract gives that tingly, good sensation on your lips. This beats Blistex chapstick. The best thing about Burt's Bee's too, is that their eco-friendly. The tube is made out of 50% recycled products. If you have major lip problems and as well you demand sunscreen, then get the lifegaurd's Choice lip balm.....even better! ----> I tried the tin, and I feel the product is more goopy (which isn't exactly a bad thing), but the tin is a pain in the ass. You would have to apply the tube more vigurously to get the same outcome as you would using the tin. As well the tin seems more peppery, it tends to last longer??

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2003 5:26:00 PM More reviews by GlamouretteGirl28

I bought this in the pot form and I like it a lot. It's waxy, yet not greasy. It doesn't moisturize that great but the peppermint really wakes you up. Overall this is a really nice lip balm, though I much prefer Kiehl's.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Orphan_Cat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this balm, it felt a bit waxy going on, but hey, that's what it's called, right? Apart from that, I liked the tingly sensation it gave my lips, it could have been stronger though. Softened my lips and protected them from the wind.