Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 6/21/2003 10:22:00 PM

I love my Beeswax Lip Balm and have for years. The natural peppermint oil slightly plumps up your lips. This is the only lip balm - no matter what the price - that truly does prevent your lips from chapping. Its a must before gliding on lip liner.

on 6/18/2003 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff. but definitely prefer the tube to the pan form. love the minty smell and feel. this stuff is great for me in the wintertime, i can almost feel like lips healing instantly. i carry this around with me everywhere as a pick me up. you can't go wrong with burt's bees!

on 6/16/2003 2:51:00 PM

Definitely a winner. It certainly isn't for everyone, but I like the tin, the minty smell (great for that nightcap smooch), and the "hardened" texture vs. goopy vaseline-like texture.

on 6/15/2003 2:43:00 PM

This is the best lip balm ever in my book. My lips can't be without it for long! I have a tube in my backpack, one in my purse, and one I keep at home. Nothing else I've tried tingles and soothes the lips like this does. The price is unbeatable and it lasts forever. Probably won't ever be able to live without it again!

on 6/13/2003 11:32:00 PM

This is okay I guess. I'm addicted to lip balms, and even though I for some reason have a few tins of this, and a few tubes, it's really not one I reach for often. I like lipbalms that are a little smoother and more... I dunno the right word... spreadable I guess. This is just a little hard/waxy for me sometimes I guess. But I do like the tingle!

on 6/12/2003 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the "Eh" comment. I find this to be hard and waxy. The mint is ok, but theres also a rather strong herbal thing going on. I can think of a million balms that I prefer and are more moisturizing.

on 6/12/2003 12:52:00 PM

"Eh" - that's my reaction to this product. I just don't get what the big deal is about it. It doesn't work any better than any other balm I've tried. I do like the tube better than the tin, and like the fact that it doesn't have an awful taste, but it just doesn't do too much for me.

on 6/10/2003 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this in the tube, which is my favorite form of lip balm. I have constantly dry lips, especially my lower one, and I found this surprisingly effective. I've read other reviews here about lip peeling and drying out, and this happened to me too BUT!!! I've found the MORE MOISTURIZING the lip balm is, the more I have this 24-36 hour period after using it that my lips will flake and peel. It's almost like it's softened up my lips enough to get rid of that dead layer and then it's baby butt smooth from there. I wasn't particularly pleased with the mint sensation but I've grown used to it, and I find with regular use it isn't very noticable anyway. Definitely a thumbs-up from me - if it didn't have the peppermint I'd give it five lippies.****UPDATE****Had to come back and give it that last lippie - this stuff really is amazing! My life-long lip peeling problem has VANISHED with this stuff (and I'm 29 - that's a long time!) HOORAY! I can finally wear lipsticks and glosses now that don't make my lips flake and peel b/c I have this as a base.

on 6/8/2003 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this lip balm- it is great on its own, under lipstick or mixed in with lipstick and put on my lips. I love the tingling sensation and how it makes my lips feel so smooth and soft!

on 6/7/2003 5:57:00 PM

I'm not super impressed with this lip balm. I'm not a big fan of 'cool and tingly' lip balms and didn't realize that's what I was getting with this one (my own fault, for not reading the ingredients. Peppermint oil? Duh.) The sensation lasts for a good ten, fifteen minutes, and then thankfully disappears. I have this in pot form, and find it takes a few attempts to get a decent amount of product on my lips. If I were ever to buy this again (which I doubt I would) I'd go for the tube. It's fairly moisturizing once it's on, but an hour later I find myself needing to reapply. I'm pretty sure this lip balm will be discarded, forgotten or given away, long before I finish it. Without the 'cooling' sensation (which I hate) I'd have rated this a three.

Popular Lip Treatments