Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 7/10/2003 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'd say this is average. I like the sensation when I put it on and the smell, but it doesn't last very long and I don't think it does anything exceptional for my lips. I was surprised to find that when I bought it in stick/tube form I didn't like it much at all (weird texture) and actually threw it away; I recommend the tub/tin form.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not bad for a lip balm, but nothing to rave about and I probably won't be repurchasing this. I thought the 'cooling' feeling would be nice...especially when kissing but it really didn't do much IMHO.

on 7/8/2003 2:27:00 PM

I wish people would stop giving me this stuff...Burt's Beeswax, emphasis on the "wax," does nothing to soften or soothe dry lips. It's not emollient, so you have to pull it on -- which hurts if your lips are chapped -- and it won't sink in. Tastes fresh but waxy, and the tin is hard to open. Ugh.

on 7/7/2003 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This leaves my lips dry and tight. What's the point of using a lip balm that dries my lips?! Most cheap drug store brands are better than this. It stings my lips too much, and I have to reapply every 20 minutes. I will not buy this again.

I love this lip balm! We don't have it where I live, so when I find it somewhere I get 3 or so. I love the cooling effect; doesn't stay on your lips forever, but what lip balm does? None; that's because it's not 10 hour lipstick.

on 7/7/2003 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I only like to wear this lip balm at bedtime because for one, it's a much thicker product, so I don't have to worry about it smearing all over my pillows as I sleep and two, I find that it makes my lips look and feel fuller in the morning. It's probably just some sort of reaction to whatever is in it, but it's only temporary, so I don't think it's harming and for a while I have fuller looking lips.

on 7/6/2003 2:42:00 AM

Let me begin by admitting that I'm a Mentholatum addict--I love a cool, tingly lip balm when my lips are sore and chapped. Well, Burt's Bees is quickly becoming a new favorite. This isn't a super creamy or slick balm (I bought the tube-form)--I'm assuming that the beeswax gives it a firmer texture. But as it warms on your lips it becomes smoother and more emollient. Has a very nice (but quite strong) peppermint/rosemary scent/taste/tingle that helps to soothe my tired lips; and because of its firmer texture, it makes a great base under lipsticks/glosses. In spite of all of the rants I've read on this lipbalm, I'm a true convert! About $2.99 a tube.

Got this with a GWP package from beauty.com, not much different than my usualy chapstick, the smell is unique tho, can't quite put my nose on it. is it honey taste? since chapsticks are easier to find, i think i'll stick with chapsticks.

on 7/3/2003 12:17:00 PM

Ick! peppermint oil is very irritating to my lips. Stingy, burny. ICK.

on 7/2/2003 11:44:00 PM

I've been using this thing up for like 3 years and it's not even halfway done! ahhhh! let me tell you how long I've had this: I got it for free at Lilith Fair in 1999. it makes my lips somewhat soft, but you have to really layer it on to feel it working. plus i hate peppermint :(

Popular Lip Treatments