Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 5/29/2003 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lip balm. I own three tubes and I leave them in various locations so that I'm never far from soft lips! I didn't care for the metal containers so I switched to the tubes. The tingly feeling is awesome and if I apply before bedtime, it moisturizes through the whole night. I like this much better than the Kiehl's that I have and it's much cheaper too!

on 5/28/2003 10:09:00 PM

This just doesn't live up to the hype for me.

I don't like minty lip balm, or stiff balm, and this has mint flavor and goes on kind of thick.

I prefer Labello far above this balm.

on 5/28/2003 8:09:00 PM

you can buy this lip balm in the tube so you don't have to hassle with the metal container.

on 5/19/2003 7:21:00 PM

I really really like this! I only gave it 4 lips b/c my husband says my lips are greasy, but that's what most lip balms do. I need to find one that absorbs better, but this feels and smells great, and it puts a light moisture barrier on my no-longer-chapped lips!!

on 5/19/2003 4:53:00 PM

The packaging is cute, and you can't beat the price (less than $3). However, the balm is hard, so it's difficult to apply. It gives a tingling minty feeling on your lips at first. However, it doesn't moisturize well, nor does it have sunscreen. It would be good as a base for lipstick, since it won't cause bleeding. Also, after it wears off, my lips start peeling a lot. All in all, I think there's better lip balms out there.

on 5/19/2003 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lip balm is definately not the best I've ever used. It is doesn't last to long. You have to constantly re-apply it. It is very hard. You have to swirl your fingers on it for several minutes just to get a little bit for application. It does smell great. It feels good when you first put it on (the peppermint oil in it tingles). But I noticed after using this for a while, the peppermint oil in it started to dry my lips out the more I used it! I'm back to my tried and true favorite, BeautiControl Lip Balm.

on 5/19/2003 1:43:00 AM

it makes your lips soft, but doesn't last. Plus, it's hard--literally--and takes several applications to moisturize.

on 5/18/2003 1:05:00 AM

This lip balms doesn't work well for me and if it doesn't soothe my lips in the springtime, imagine how ineffective it would be in the winter. It does moisturize for a bit, but after it fades away or is removed, my lips return to their dryness. I would rather spend my money on MAC's lip conditioner, kiehls' tinted lipbalm, or Rosebud Salve, all of which are great for protecting/moisturizing the lips.

on 5/18/2003 12:27:00 AM

Disappointment! Hard to open container at times, Too drying and application is difficult (I like lip balms that you can dig into).
Would not buy again.

on 5/15/2003 3:40:00 PM

I thought this lip balm was a bit too waxy, but I did like the minty, tingly feeling it gave. Unfortunately, I would not re-purchase.

Popular Lip Treatments