Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 12/12/2007 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've never been able to wear mascara without severe smudging. The only mascara I've ever been able to use was Cover Girl's Anti-Smudge Mascara and they quit making that years ago. For years, I've gone without mascara and have even dyed my lashes to get around mascara. I've had enough. I am determined to find a mascara that does not smudge.

Based on the reputation of this mascara, I decided to give it a try. I purchased it in Black at my local Ulta store.

Before trying, I used an eyelash curler to ensure my lashes were curled. The mascara went on thicker than I would have wanted and clumped a little.

The big test was the smudging. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being major racoon eyes, I would say this was a 1. Within 3 minutes of applying this mascara, it was already starting to smudge. After an hour, I looked like I had been crying with non-waterproof mascara on. I happened to be in Ulta at the time and a sales person approached me and offered me the use of eye makeup remover on the spot. Needless to say, I looked pretty bad.

Overall, I think this is a horrible product. I don't understand why it has the reputation it does.

on 12/12/2007 2:29:00 AM

I got this in brownish black by accident, I ment to get very black. Its still quite dark which is good. For the price I paid its pretty good. Cheaper ones I have bought made my eyes itch and I stopped using them. Doesn't really clump and its a cute bottle. 3.5/5

on 12/11/2007 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For years I had been hearing about how terrific this mascara is, gave it a go this summer, and... ICK! Gloppy, sloppy, clumpy, and just ick. It clumped my lashes, it smeared, wouldn't dry for anything. I'm glad it was only $3 at Target when I bought it. I threw it out. I have used worse, so I will say at least this didn't make my eyes itch and my lashes fall out. I'm glad it works for other people.

on 12/11/2007 8:31:00 PM

I tried this mascara because of reviews I'd seen in magazines and I was extremely disappointed. Halfway through the day it had smeared all over my lower lids and I looked like a racoon. Very disappointed.

on 12/11/2007 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this mascara wondering if all the hype was true and also I always used to see my mom use it. This mascara did absolutely nothing for me. It didn't lengthen and didnt darken (although I do already have black lashes). Also the wide spacing in the wand clumped my lashes together. I really do not understand why everyone swears by it. I like other Maybelline mascaras though like Full-n-Soft (gives me volume while keeping the lashes soft....perfection)

on 12/10/2007 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have to agree w/ the majority on this product. I dont understand either why it makes the "best of" list every year. It runs like crazy, clumps and just does not do anything for me at all.

on 12/9/2007 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This went in the trash after the second day of a coworker asking me if I had a black eye because of the terrible smudging it left. Coupled with the terrible time I had getting what WASN'T smeared off, and still having bad eye gook the next morning, I was left wondering why I'd seen this on every magazine's "best of" list. Not even worth the low price.

on 12/9/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I cannot honestly understand why this makes it to the top of any makeup editor's list. The price is great, I have to agree, but it clumps like crazy and smears almost as badly! Not only that, but it takes a TON of makeup remover to get it all. I will pay the extra $$ for DiorShow, it makes my lashes look phenomenal. Don't waste the $4 on this one, you might end up spending more on makeup remover and embarassment.

on 12/9/2007 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Rubbish mascara, a load of hype over nothing, the brush is rubbish,and the product certainly doesnt make you eyelashes look any bigger.

on 12/8/2007 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the worst mascara ever. I bought it because it is featured in almost every magazine as the beauty editor's favorite - but it is really bad. Dry and flaky, no volume, no length. Waste of time and money.