November 1, 2014 | 903 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by annehelge

What a disappointment! This is the mascara that is supposed to be the stable, cult product?

I do not know if I managed to buy a tube that has been open or something, but this sucked. Seriously.

Soon after I had applied it, it was crumbling on my cheeks. And what I especially require from my mascara is: NO FLAKING, NO CRUMBLING!

I hated it and am left wondering the hype. Never again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Who hasn't tried this? I think its one of those things everyone has had. Anyways its a good lengthener and defines lashes. It clumps but it looks good regardless. It gets alllllll over when you try to take it off, but I'm still gonna keep buying it. Its something to always have with me and a top coat of this over another mascara adds the extra length i always look for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

My mother used this when she was my age. Now I'm using it(not the same tube of course lol). Its not special, but its not overly crapy either.
It does a decent job of lengthening and somewhat thickening my lashes. The formula is pretty thin, but I don't mind. I like using this for casual day/work makeup.
The one I have isin't waterproof, but I never had a problem with it smudging and it removes very easily when its time to come off.
This is pretty much a staple in my bag. (But I don't understand why makeup artists use this though.)
I think the packaging is kind of tacky, but no one really sees it so its all good!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by indielove

Like many women out there, I bought this mascara due to hearing the slogan about being America's #1, bestselling mascara blah blah blah. I gotta tell you that really, I was not that impressed. The brush was fine but every single time, without fail, I applied it, it smudged all over my lids and near the brow area. Annoyed me to no end. Clumped my lashes unbelievably if I tried to apply a second coat and have lost many a lash also. It flaked and my lashed felt stiff and looked like mini tarantula legs. Only good thing I have to say about this is that the tube didn't dry up fast at all, which can be a really good thing but only if the mascara works well and lives up to your expectations. Won't be purchasing in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lunacita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara summed up in a mere 2 Word review~

Racoon Eyes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

it was ok at first but then after 1 week of use it seemed to be harder to use ei: clumpy 5 little eyelashes. Not good for me at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wore this for years until I finally woke up to the fact that there are MUCH better mascaras to be found in the drugstore. Great Last isn't bad, but it isn't all that great either. My biggest problem with it was smearing. Because my eyes are deep-set with pronounced dark circles under them, I cannot wear a mascara that smears. Why did it take me so long to try something else??

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by heathermommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think the formula, consistency, etc. was fine.
It just made my eyes burn. This is not uncommon for me so don't be scared away by that. Obviously, I personally wouldn't buy it again but I know people who use this with great success.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by sendoutthesos

I love this color, but that's about it. It's super dark. The brush is no good. It clumps and I always seem to have smudges. but that's to be expected from something so inexpensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

Truth time... This is a good mascara that has survived the test of time and is the number 1# selling mascara for a good reason - not because it is the best mascara ever - but because it is decent mascara for a good price.

My mother, my best friend, my aunts, and I all use it without any flaking or smudging, so I'm left wondering what went wrong for most of the people that reviewed this mascara.

Not my favorite but not band.