Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 12/21/2007 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I d.k. why I bought this. The brush is unusable. I use a brush from another mascara and dip it into this tube to use the mascara. It's not the worst mascara I've tried but I'm never buying again.

on 12/20/2007 9:22:00 PM

I am always utterly perplexed that this product is so highly rated by so many people. On my lashes it takes many coats to build up, it's not easy to work with, and worst of all it flakes and smears on my eyelids. Every few years I give it another try and come away as disillusioned as ever.

on 12/20/2007 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've never understood the appeal of this product-- it's the very worst mascara I've ever used, and I can only conclude that the people pushing this snake oil in magazines, et al were paid off. I have good lashes and I ought to be able to get halfway decent results with any mascara, but not so with this over-hyped, over-exposed Nickelodeon slime-in-a-tube. It makes my lashes clump together, it's too creamy to put on effectively, and does not lengthen or thicken. In fact, I look worse when I have it on than when I don't, because there is no way to avoid sloppiness due to the way too creamy consistency. Maybelline use to make good mascara, but all of them seem to have gone totally downhill in the last 5 years or so. This one was never at the top to begin with. Don't waste your time or your money.

on 12/20/2007 5:44:00 PM

Al it does is add a little volume to my lashes. It does nothing else. It smudges, it flakes, and it's hard to take all of it off at once.

on 12/20/2007 2:26:00 PM

I used to love this mascara for years. It used to define, darken, and fatten my lashes. Nowadays, since better advances in mascara makeup have come around, I think this stuff is obsolete. My lashes aren't enhanced as good as the newer stuff out there and seems to look dull near mid day. No longer impressed by it. I go with Voluminous or Diorshow now.

on 12/20/2007 10:38:00 AM

I finally gave into the hype of BEST MASCARA EVAH and bought my first tube of Maybelline Great Lash in the Blackest Black. I love the color and the price but that was about it. The mascara is gloppier than any I've ever used. Even after wiping the brush with tissue it still goes on thick and gloppy. And the smudging. Touch my eyes once and my husband asks if I'm going "all goth chick". This is going in the garbage and I'm going back to my beloved Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

on 12/19/2007 6:24:00 PM

I used to buy this mascara all the time. They must have changed the formula because now this stuff sucks! It clumps, it's too wet yet dries too fast, the wand is goopy and needs to be wiped with tissue before you can even apply. I thought I bought a bad bottle but the second one was just as bad. I actually threw it out after one use. Back to my old standby Voluminous.

on 12/19/2007 12:43:00 AM

I bought this product twice (I should've just stopped the first time) Well first b/c I bought the wrong color, so I went to get the darker color ("Blackest Black" I believe) and it didn't do much more for me. It was still just as dark as the dark brown and it smudged A LOT! Maybe it's because I have normal-oily skin, but it was still HEAVY and separated my lashes to the point where it looked fake or something.

Wow, I wasn't expecting the reviews on this mascara to be so horrible! I've tried many mascaras and I have to say, I always come back to this one. I don't wear the waterproof, and I never have smudges. No matter if I have it on for 16 hours or I'm sweating...the mascara stays. The small brush is a GOOD thing, it allows more precision and also allows coverage of all the little lashes. Don't fix it if its not broken...this mascara definitely does not need fixing. Needless to say, this is now and will forever be a staple in my makeup bag.

on 12/18/2007 10:14:00 AM

Wet, smudgy, irritated my eyes. Unimpressed with the brush and the mascara formula, was not long-wearing or enhancing to my lashes. Disappointing.