November 22, 2014 | 1719 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

THE WORST ON THE MARKET!! ENOUGH SAID!

I can not stand this crap, it clumps, smudges, and is dry to the touch. I've tried some HE and D/S brands and for the price either one is better than this...Like alot of women out there, I"m still on the search for the HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by brightcolors

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not worth it, even with the drugstore price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by dreamsome

rock on! if you apply gently you are left with natural looking eyelashes and for more dramatic, swipe several times going slow and a bit harder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by vain_brat

I have to applaud Maybelline's marketing team...Girls of all ages run out and buy this. I have no idea how in the world, HOW IN THE WORLD, this gets so many "awards" and "best of..." and all that fun stuff. But its always touted in magazines and by make-up artists and celebrities as their go-to mascara.
Am i just insane or what? This mascara runs,flakes,smudges,does not hold a curl, does not lengthen or volumize. it just darkens my lashes for all of 30 minutes, sure it looks awesome for 30 minutes and then it'll do te things mentioned above.
I used to use this when i was a teen and i always thought it was just me, or the way i applied mascara, but now that i know better, i know it WAS the mascara.
i hate to give somethng such a bad review , especially since there ARE people who love this. But man.... I still dont understand how this mascara is always on top of lists!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by prettythings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Racoon eyes! This used to be my HG mascara but now I'm not sure how I ever used it! Did Maybeline change the formula? It applies dry and crumbly and smears quite easily. And trying to remove it at night - it's like ink - very difficult! The brush is nice, its non-irritating, and the price is cheap - but it's just not a great mascara. Not at all what I remember. Save your money. Maybelline Full and Soft is a much better mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by libbyam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

im glad this product is doing so poorly becuase i find it utterly useless. I have fine lashes and this mascara makes them all stick together so it looks like i have very few lashes at all. Its really thick and doesn't glide on. It is also very hard to get off.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by carela11

No. What can I say. I know it's a cult classic, but I don't like it. It's very runny, and it clumps on me. I don't like maybelline mascara over all. I had an incident while driving at night where mascara was running into my eyes. I wear contacts and I couldn't see. It was scary; I had to turn around. I was wearing maybelline.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by xanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Used this when I was 15-17. I now know better. Okay, so the color is nice: it is a shiny, rich black. However, little particles of it fall off the lashes during the day. If you swipe at your under eyes to get rid of the black dust, you get nasty, difficult to remove black smears. If you don't get the smears, it will simply migrate around your generally eye area through the course of the day until you look like a woebegone mall goth. (And I totally was a mall goth when I was 15, but at least I applied my eyeliner tastefully, no thanks to this crap) It also makes a freaking mess when it comes time to remove it. After making the freaking mess, you will often find that there is STILL mascara clinging maliciously to your lashes. This is not the fault of your makeup remover, this is the fault of the contents of the dreaded pink tube. Also, if you happen to fall asleep with your mascara on because you drank too much beer (or whatever your excuse may be), you will wake up looking like Gene Simmons in full paint. I dealt with this for two years without thinking to try another brand (don't ask me why). I now know better. I bought a tube recently (I forgot what possessed me to do this, perhaps I had temporary amnesia), did they change the formula or something? Because it STINKS now. Literally, it smells bad. I applied it, fully prepared to deal with the mascara mud slide but I was not anticipating being able to smell my eyelashes for an hour after applying the stuff. Can you imagine? "Hey, why do you look so pissed off?" "Well, my eyelashes smell and it's giving me a headache!" Anyway, it also made my eyes burn, so I threw away the tube I bought recently. Girls, if it is your first time using mascara, don't just buy it because all your friends in the locker room have the hot pink tube. Resist peer pressure!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by KARHEART

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first mascara I ever used. Fortunately, I tried others as I got older and realized that not all macara's give you racoon eyes. I definitely would never recommend this mascara to anyone. It's awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by macneim

This was my first mascara and I find that it does exactly what you need a mascara to do. I've never tried a different brand but I don't think I need to. It took some practice to keep from putting too much on my lashes, I would have to blot some off. But after some practice you get better with the brush. This is the number one mascara in America for good reason, so I recommend anyone trying it. You don't have much to lose!