April 16, 2014 | 1865 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ChineseCricket88

very very lousy. within the hour, it had already smudged all over below my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Glamour, Allure, and Cosmo have all given this mascara great reviews and awards to boot. My question for them is what in the hell are you smoking? This mascara does not lengthen, does not curl, and certainly doesn't give any volume. It also flakes off pretty horribly and leaves my lashes clumpy every time i use it. I'll stick to my Plush Lash, thank you very much. Maybelline is usually known for their mascara, but this one is jut awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sade529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a classic. I've been using this since high school and when all else fails, you must take it back to the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. There is minimal clumping and it does a decent job.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by byourself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Ughh...! I don't understand all the rave this product got. It does nothing for me, except putting color on my lashes. It uncurls them, doesn't last much and I just can't work with the brush. All my lashes stick together and I have to work with a clean brush to get all the clumps out... No length added neither.
Bad bad mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by love4dolphins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the hype, the awards, the publicity?
This stuff runs, straightens my lashes after I curl them, smudges and flakes.

maybelline great lash...
YUCK!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Poutiful

This mascara is a joke. Don't believe the magazine hype. NO volume at all...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by pancakegood

I really don't think I'll buy this again. It looks good and defines my lashes, but it makes me eyes itch and burn a bit by the end of the day. For a couple more bucks I can get something better that lasts longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by brockinbeats

Not bad, it does the job and has pretty darn good staying power (I bought the waterproof version). The good: the jet black shade, the lengthening ability, and the formula that allows you to layer without clumping (if the brush picks up too much, removing extra goop on tissue paper really helps, the trick is to apply horizontally and do it by layers). The 'eh': lack of thickening ability (it defines well, but even with layers it's not really thickening) and it's not the easiest to remove. If I need a basic, everyday mascara, I won't mind buying again because it's really inexpensive and easy to find although I'm always open to trying better drugstore alternatives.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by dididi8318

This mascara was way too wet and goopy for me. It was like taking paint to my eyelashes. It did make my eyelashes thick, though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

IMO this product does not live up to all the top beauty pics list it makes its way onto. On me, this product does not give a lot of length or a lot of volume, but still manages to look very unnatural due to a lot of clumping and I think there's something a bit off on the texture. Cheap though, but I'd certainly never repurchase; for a buck or two more you can get a much much better product.