December 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big lipbalm person and this did not impress me at all. When you lick your lips, this peppermint taste stays in your mouth, and the lip balm feels weirdly tingly on your lips all the time. It has a waxy feel, but the packaging is quite cute (they use post-industrial recycled plastic, good). It gives lips a matte look for has next to no lasting power and you need to reapply constantly. The balm is also very hard. (Is that good or bad?) It's quite moisturizing, but there are DEFINITELY better lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2003 3:08:00 AM More reviews by laurapausini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product because of the tingly feeling it leaves on your lips. I don't think that this left your lips any softer than Carmex, or Blistex, etc. I like the pleasing peppermint aroma, and the packaging, and the price. Overall, this is a good lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 2:19:00 PM More reviews by cmnakamoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lip balm. I own three tubes and I leave them in various locations so that I'm never far from soft lips! I didn't care for the metal containers so I switched to the tubes. The tingly feeling is awesome and if I apply before bedtime, it moisturizes through the whole night. I like this much better than the Kiehl's that I have and it's much cheaper too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just doesn't live up to the hype for me.

I don't like minty lip balm, or stiff balm, and this has mint flavor and goes on kind of thick.

I prefer Labello far above this balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 8:09:00 PM More reviews by brizendam

you can buy this lip balm in the tube so you don't have to hassle with the metal container.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2003 7:21:00 PM More reviews by hi2u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really really like this! I only gave it 4 lips b/c my husband says my lips are greasy, but that's what most lip balms do. I need to find one that absorbs better, but this feels and smells great, and it puts a light moisture barrier on my no-longer-chapped lips!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

The packaging is cute, and you can't beat the price (less than $3). However, the balm is hard, so it's difficult to apply. It gives a tingling minty feeling on your lips at first. However, it doesn't moisturize well, nor does it have sunscreen. It would be good as a base for lipstick, since it won't cause bleeding. Also, after it wears off, my lips start peeling a lot. All in all, I think there's better lip balms out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2003 10:12:00 AM More reviews by MarineLady1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is definately not the best I've ever used. It is doesn't last to long. You have to constantly re-apply it. It is very hard. You have to swirl your fingers on it for several minutes just to get a little bit for application. It does smell great. It feels good when you first put it on (the peppermint oil in it tingles). But I noticed after using this for a while, the peppermint oil in it started to dry my lips out the more I used it! I'm back to my tried and true favorite, BeautiControl Lip Balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2003 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Kirsten12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it makes your lips soft, but doesn't last. Plus, it's hard--literally--and takes several applications to moisturize.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip balms doesn't work well for me and if it doesn't soothe my lips in the springtime, imagine how ineffective it would be in the winter. It does moisturize for a bit, but after it fades away or is removed, my lips return to their dryness. I would rather spend my money on MAC's lip conditioner, kiehls' tinted lipbalm, or Rosebud Salve, all of which are great for protecting/moisturizing the lips.