August 29, 2014 | 1176 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by DesignerLady

I love this. I have used Bare Minerals and a few other Mineral Makeup products, I think this has the best finish and feel on my skin. I have acne and this didn't make me breakout. The finish is really beautiful and pearlescent. They say "soft focus effect" I agree, wish it could hide my pores a little more on my cheeks. Maybe I need the primer too. I will buy again and I love the packaging because mineral makeup usually gets everywhere - this is a very smart product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

I was underwhelmed by this product. I expected to like it, becuase I think the loose powder mineral brozer is great, but this one didn't impress me. I find the color hard to blend evenly--it tends to clump in the area that the brush touches first. It doesn't do much to ward off shine, and it definitely doesn't make my pores look smaller. I think it may actually make them look bigger! I also find that it has a chalky finish. It helps if you finish off with a facial mist (like Darphin's, or even the Evian spray), but it still isn't the most flattering thing for me. I only wear it now if I am running errands and don't need to look particularly nice. I am going to keep looking for a better mineral foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by kate84

Ugh.....awful product and expensive. Before that I was using Everyday Minerals and I decided to check out something else and bought LM. The product works horribly on my skin. I don't know how to describe the effect, but it just makes my skin look disgusting: it emphasizes my pores, fine lines and acne. Not good. Can't believe it costs so much, I will return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by rambo_fb

After researching and reading all these reviews of praise on here, I ventured into Sephora and dropped a lot of money on this product, Clinique Eye Concealer, and Bare Escentuals Prime Time. I am SEVERELY disappointed with this product.

I feel like the coverage is a lot less than Bare Minerals and other, cheaper, brands. It's a sheer covering and when I started layering it on in certain areas for more coverage it got cakey looking. Throughout the day it wore out terrible for me. I don't know if it is because I have somewhat oily skin but it seemed to kind of float on the surface of my skin, settle in my smile lines, and be VERY obvious that I was wearing makeup. It's hard to describe exactly what it looked like but I would end having to take some tissue and rub most of the makeup off so I didn't look ridiculous.

The packaging isn't that great either. It comes in a normal tub for mineral powder but inside only half of the top has holes and the other half is solid with a rotating piece of plastic that allows you to cover the holes when traveling I assume. That sounds fine and dandy, but trying to get a Kabuki brush in one half of a tub isn't that productive.

I was really hoping this makeup would be 'THE ONE', but apparently I'm going to have to keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

This is probably the best mineral powder I have ever tried. Goes on very smoothly and gives a medium natural looking coverage. The only thing I am upset about is that it provides no oil control for my t-zone. I see the nasty sheen in about 1 hour after application :( But that's not anything I am not used to. My t-zone has always been extremely oily and very few products can do anything to stop this oil from coming out. Actually LM powder foundation is one of them!
I have a very fair skin with pink undertones and Tender rose is quite a good match.
I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

Overall I like this Mineral makeup, I bought it with the primer as well and always use it as a combo. I feel it does make a difference. Compared to BE mineral makeup, in my case the coverage is similar. I do find that when I use mineral makeup I have to be retouching constantly, because it does not last me a long time. But when I do wear it, i like how it looks at first. The face looks nice, natural and even. I like wearing my mineral makeup to work, only when my face is in optimum conditions. But when I have acne I switch to a full coverage liquid foundation to cover my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by nabz

This is great. Laura Mercier has been making consistently making superb products and rarely ever do I have a complain against it. First of all I am very, very impressed with the packaging. Who ever thought of providing that little rotating plastic bit to prevent the powder from pouring out when you're traveling with it IS A GENIUS!

Second, the price is comparably cheaper against other more commercially popular mineral makeup (ie Bare Minerals). I got this for AUD 45 sometime in April when my Shu Uemura ran out and there are still plenty left even though I use it on a daily basis. The only downside perhaps is the staying power as I have combination oily skin and it tends to slip off (esp. around the T Zone area) by mid day. But this is something that can be easily fixed with a dusting of translucent powder (I use Jurlique Lavender Silk) right before application.

It works as a concealer as well if applied with the right make up tools. Great all rounder, and a definite HG

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by bootyliciousbaby

I am registered on MakeupAlley since 2002 and lurk regularly but with no intention of ever writing a review; I only read them. (I am lazy! Plus am not impressed by makeup products all that much). However I feel this product deserves a review because it blew me away.

I first read about this mineral powder foundation in Paula Begeon's Best of Beauty 2007 bulletin and decided to buy it at Holts Renfrew this summer, with no expectations. I tried it on briefly at the store to make sure I got a good colour match, but it wasn't until after I took it home and started using it the next day that I was blown away. It gives a beautiful, luminous finish and looks absolutely ethereal in sun light. It provides medium-full coverage and covers redness, diffuses my acne scars and evens out my skin tone with the lightest dusting (a little goes a long way, if you put too much on it WILL look makeup-y and heavy, as with most foundations). A light dusting of this with my Anna Sui Face Brush, plus some concealer under my eyes + recent pimple/scars, and my skin looks luminous, flawless and natural. As soon as I switched to this foundation, I got compliments on my skin from family, friends, and even interviewers (during job interviews lol). Nobody has ever complimented me on my skin before using this. Best of all, it looks extremely natural - I just look like I was born with naturally gorgeous skin.

Application is fast and efficient - literally takes a few seconds to get smooth, even coverage, which has reduced my makeup application time considerably (going to try it with MAC 187 brush to see if I can get an even faster application). SPF 15 from zinc oxide is a bonus. I've been using this since I got it in the summer, and now that it is winter my cheeks and dry areas do tend to be accentuated a bit with this powder, but nothing that some extra moisturizer underneath can't fix. The overall finish, time, and ease of application of this mineral powder is still superior to most foundations I've tried, so I can't complain.

Lasting power is great. I did not get the primer and setting powder the salesgirl recommended, and find that I really don't need them because this lasts all day on its own. However if you're prone to shine (like me) and want a matte t-zone you will need a oil-control product/powder to blot during the day, as this is not meant to control oils.

"Tender Rose" is a good match for my MAC NW20 skin.

I am: Fair-skinned Asian, normal to combination skin (oily t-zone, some dry areas in winter), uneven skintone on cheeks from acne scars, occasional pimple.

EDIT: Tried this with a skunk brush..LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!!! PERFECT finish...gives me a sheerer coverage which I like =] Ladies, if you're going to use mineral foundation, I highly recommend using a skunk brush!

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by sa921

I bought this powder based on all the rave reviews on this website. I received it yesterday and used it today. This powder is absolutely fantastic. I love the coverage and glowy effect. I ordered tender rose (I am asian with fairly fair complexion). i didn't buy the LM blending brush. instead i am using a low cost loose powder blush from boujouris (there is steal on the strawberrynet.com right now! 20+$ for 5 brushes+2 lip gloss and some other accessaries).
I like the pinky look this tender rose provides. next time i might order the soft porcelain and mix them together for a more fair look. :)
highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I consider myself to be somewhat of a mineral makeup expert, as I've tried a zillion. I already have a few that I adore from $5-$35. So this was $35 and to me, overpriced for the performance. Don't get me wrong, I like it, I'm just not totally impressed. I like the coverage, which can be medium to full, if you so desire. Just because of this, I can see this getting cakey-looking quickly. I like the color I chose off the Sephora website, Real Sand. I like the finish of this, it's glowy, but not shiny. I like that this has SPF 15. What I didn't really care for was that the second that I applied it, it had already sunken into my fine lines. Not as bad some, like Rimmel, but still. I'd repurchase, as I consider this a good addition to my aresenal of mineral foundations, but overall, not as impressed with it considering all the rave reviews. UPDATE: I think my skin was in poor condition when I first started using this. Since then, I've updated my skincare routine, and it's not as dry. It makes this foundation gorgeous. Allows for touchups without looking weird. LOVE!