April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this brush two days ago and had to use it right away to see how it feels on my skin. And, oh my God, it feels so good! I have sensitive skin, and pretty much don’t use make up/brushes at all because of it. I’ve seen all the rave reviews about this mineral make up and brushes, and decided to give it a try. So happy I did.

The brush is dense and so very soft. It feels heavenly on my face. No irritation, redness, break outs……. Nothing!!! Just heavenly, seriously!!! It literally feels soothing going across my face. Applies mmu beautifully too; looks very natural. At $10 a pop, for the quality, it is truly a bargain!!! I have no desire to try any other brand, and after this, couldn’t justify paying anything more than this. All in all, wonderful company with outstanding products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by dionne

Ok, so after a year using this baby, it finally broke! Both the handle and the hairs fell out. I think I could get another 2 months out of this brush if I really tried. Anyway, I was so sad since it was one of the best brushes I've used. It applied beautifully but heavily and if you're not careful, it could get a little caky. Although this was a good brush, I don't think I will be repurchasing due to the fact that I have to fork out 10 bucks a year or sooner than that. I'll try my luck with a more expensive brush that could last. If anyone know of a better alternative please let me know. Thanks!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by selene_gal5

Oh my gosh!!!!!! I am in complete awe of this brush. I am truly in love with it. First of all it's soooo soft. I mean it's beyond soft. You will not know how soft this brush is until you experience it for yourself. It feels great on my skin, I even forget it's a brush I am using. I use it to apply my mineral foundation and it gives more coverage than a kabuki brush. The bristles are more compacted together and they don't shed at all. The greatest brush ever!! And it's so cheap. If you buy it with a kit it comes to like 5 bucks or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by ohvanity

This brush is simply awesome. It gives you a full coverage right away (like most good flat tops do) and is easy to clean. It hasn't shedded yet (I've only had it one day though) and the bristles are staying in place and are so, so soft.

Great application and the price is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by sheloves2move

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered the EM flat top brush with my first purchase of EM foundation. So glad I made that choice! I cannot imagine applying my EM foundation without this little beauty. Even though this was the first time I had ever used mineral makeup, the flat top brush made application a breeze. Using this brush will leave you with a beautiful smooth and even looking base. The bristles are very dense and so so soft, and of course I have to mention that it only costs $10.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I've tried a number of EDM products at this point based on the rave reviews, and this is one of them. Every product I've tried has been disappointing in some way, and this brush is no exception. It makes me wonder where all these glowing reviews are coming from. Anyway, back to this brush. First, there are several positive things about this brush. The bristles are very dense, which is important for buffing makeup, and they are precisely cut. No shedding after multiple washings, either. Overall, the construction is excellent, and you do get the impression of a high-quality brush. My positive comments end there. My main issue with this brush is that when trying to buff with it, the bristle "drag" along the skin. It's hard to describe. The bristles don't move across the skin on it's own, or "spring back", which makes real buffing rather difficult. That is, the middle of the bristle moves before the tips, which means you have to manipulate the pressure to get the tips (that hold the product) to move. This makes it a hassle to use. I bought 2 brushes and they are both like this. I think this may be a general problem with synthetic bristles, and this is certainly amplified with this brush. It just does not perform as well as my natural hair brushes, and I am sorely disappointed, as for me, this nearly makes the brush useless. I'd have to give this flat-top a thumbs down in comparison with the EDM long-handled kabuki, which I also got (The long-handled kabuki also has this problem, but the bristle shape minimizes this) It also gets a HUGE thumbs down in comparison to the natural hair buffers I own. On the other hand, if you cannot use natural hair brushes because you are a vegan, have allergies, etc., this may be one of the few reasonable options for this type of brush. I've tried a number of synthetics at this point, and this one is by far the densest I've tried, so it worth considering if you are limiting yourself to synthetics. However, I'd recommend trying the EDM long-handled kabuki over this one.

I would mention that the EDM brushes aren't exactly the softest synthetics that I've tried, either. The Coastal Scents synthetic brushes are far softer, though not as dense.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by maggiesfarm

So I have to start off by saying I've been on MUA for years and have never written a review. I'm terrible, I know. But this brush is so amazing i just had to.

I bought it for mmu application (I use EM Fair Neutral in the semi-matte formula), I'd heard great things about it and the price is perfect. Any other retailer would be charging $50+ for this gem. It is amazingly soft and dense, so no uncomfortable scratching of the face. I prefer short handled brushes so that is another plus, and it makes it easier to travel with. The quality is great.

But most importantly, the application is FLAWLESS. I am amazed at the difference between this and the MAC powder brush I was using before. Application is speedier and looks great - it gives me the perfect coverage. If you use any powder makeup, especially a mineral makeup, get this brush! Next I have to try the kabuki.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 7:35:00 AM More reviews by iiya29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a really really soft brush! it doesn't scratch my skin, and it never sheds! i love it! will definetely purchase if i lose my current one..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Crystalpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this flat top brush along with my first sample kit, and I can't believe how soft the texture of this brush is! Softer than my cats fur!! It applies make up more heavier than the kabuki brush but I still love it! 10 dollars only, what more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by katie112506

I love this brush! It works great and is very soft on my skin. I will not use any other brush for my mineral foundation!