September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by tinknsparkle

I love this product! After I apply this I spray my fix plus and it sets it for the day it also takes the cakeyness out if u know what I mean!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Steph8735

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially I thought that I had found a miracle foundation. Light coverage, light feathery feel, no overwhelming scent, perfect colour, but I must admit I'm a little disappointed. While the product initially glides on with ease it does not last. By lunch time I need to touch up, well, re-apply. Some days the product has flaked but I seem to have prevented this from happening by applying some of Smashbox's Photofinish Primer. I am fair and this product is slightly orange against my cool tone. I can get away with it at night but I have noticed some imperfections in the daylight. Sometimes I like to use a bit of foundation as a base on my eyelids however in doing so with this product all the eyeshadow melted off within an hour or so. Lastly - the packaging. While benefit hits the mark with trendy, original packaging it's often too bulky to enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find as I get older that tinted moisturizer works better for me as a base than traditional foundation. I'd been coveting this product ever since I first spied it at John Wanamaker's, I mean Macy*s, in Philadelphia. (I hate that all the old-time department stores are disappearing! But I digress....:) ) Not wanting to spend full price on a BeneFit product, I swapped for it instead. Pros: The color and texture are perfect for my skin. The slightly greasy feel is actually a boon to my dry areas. It's portable and, because it's a solid, not subject to TSA rules like liquid foundations would be. I've been looking for compact foundations that travel well, and this is perfect. Cons: I never got the hang of a foundation brush, and probably never will, so using a sponge I will probably go through this faster than most users. The price, $28USD, is a tad steep, though not as high as some other high-end tinted moisturizers like Laura Mercier. And, though it's not a problem for me, BF is way off base when it says one color is perfect for all skin tones. I realize they added a second, darker color later, but two colors still are not perfect for all skin tones. If you're not a medium-light Caucasian or medium Hispanic tone, these colors will probably not suit you. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by janiedoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great for covering large areas (like after a massive acne attack) or as spot concealing. I agree it's not good on dry skin, so make sure you moisturize first! Also it settles a little bit into fine lines under my eyes if they're not properly moist. HOWEVER, despite all that, I still love it because it's so light and airy - feels like I have nothing on. It is convenient as a solid, and I am not a fan of the bulky compact so I always scope some out and pop it into an empty eyeshadow pan. On-the-go spot treatment!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by MissMoofy

I quite liked this product at first, but I later realised that it just didn't work on me at all. My skin is quite dry and this product only exacerbated the problem and the formula didn't blend into my skin well. However - two of my flatmates use this foundation and love it! It just didn't work out for me. I also found that I used up the product quite quickly so I don't feel like I got value for money. I won't repurchase, but I'm glad I tried it out at least.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by bellamissia

I can't find a foundation I like more than this one. I didn't even consider this product for the longest time because the color looked like it would never match my skin. I used powder foundation for years but have found the last couple years my skin has become dry enough that it wasn't the best choice anymore for my skin. I went to Sephora and told the MA I was having a foundation crisis and he immediately pulled out this product and I thought he was crazy until he put it on my face. I use the light and apply with my fingers. I have sun-damaged, acne prone skin and this helps even me out and does not break me out. It gives me a nice finish, not too made up, but still covers sufficiently without looking like I have on a lot of makeup. I just bought the boiing concealer today and used it this evening on bare skin and I feel like it is going to work really well with this foundation. I don't love the packaging- but as long as the product works- I could care less. I'm on my 4th compact and I can't think of any other foundation (except for Chanel powder foundation which no longer works for my skin) that I have repurchased as many times as this product. I tried many others recently with all the new HD foundations coming out hoping to find something better- but I returned every one of them. None of them come close to the nice finish and coverage of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by LOLAchicbohemian

I got this in a sample at a Sephora store. I decided to try it one day and I loved it. After the tiny sample finished, I went back to the store and bought it. Its very light but when I put it on it seemed to blend to my medium skin tone perfectly, Im spanish so trust me I have a light natural tan all year, and it still matched. It's so light and smooth, it leaves your face like silk to the touch. I know youre not suppose to touch your face (for hygiene reasons), but I couldn't help it to the lovely velvety feel. However after a few days of wearing it, I started to notice I was breaking out, tiny little zits in different places, not too many, most people wouldnt notice, but up close in the mirror I did. My skin without it had no silky feel whatsoever. I notice I was breaking out more on days I wore this, wether alone or on top of my foundation. I have combination skin, and some times it can get very very oily, so this product is not the right product for me. I think this is better if you have good to moderate skin. For some reason, I do still find myself wearing it on some days (I still have some left) because I like the whole "no-makeup look", and this works great for that....Im still searching for foundation as light as this one but that wont cause me to breakout :/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this is suppose to match all skin tones, but honestly, they thought You Rebel would too and then look what happened 5 years later... they came out with You Rebel Light. Benefit fails at the whole "everyone can use the same color" scheme again. Not to mention the disgusting thick cream formula that just sits on your skin like a mask and transfers all over your clothes (and anyone else who comes within 5 feet of you). What probably pissed me off the most is that my skin literally looked better with nothing at all than with this on, and the MA kept trying to convince me that my skin looked flawless and soooo much better. I wanted to say, ARE YOU BLIND?? Do you not see that it accentuates every flake and blemish on my skin? And I don't even have bad skin!! Wonder what it would be like for people who did!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I wanted something to even out my skintone without going the whole foundation route. I'm acne-prone and foundation often makes me break out. I also hate the feeling of foundation on my face. I also wanted something that looked natural: like my skin, but better. Tinted moisturizer isn't an option because it tends to be greasy no matter what brand I try. I know, I'm expecting a lot, but Some Kind-A Gorgeous delivered! It provides sheer coverage that won't cover every spot, but certainly makes my few acne scars less noticable. I have this in Deep and it matches my skin perfectly. Makes me look like I have gorgeous skin without trying too hard (I hate the mask-like perfection that heavier foundation provides). It goes on creamy and dries to a powdery matte finish. And it feels like I hardly have anything on. I apply this with clean fingers; I haven't yet used the sponge included with it. Yes, $28 it a tad expensive for a not quite foundation, but you don't need a lot per application. And I'm a sucker for the packaging; a retro-style record. Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by AudV

I got this as a sample from sephora and I'm glad I tried it out. I dont' usually like the stuff that doesn't come in a variety of shades to get a good skin tone match but this one is great. It's very very light coverage so if you have skin issues or things you are trying to cover up I wouldn't use it. It's great for days when I am in a hurry I just put a little on then some powder on top - also would only use this on clear days, not if I had a breakout, it wouldn't be enough. But it's very light, silky touch and goes on very smooth. I will definitely be buying more of this for summer.