BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

on 4/22/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this foundation. It's great for people who don't like to wear much makeup on their face but still want a flawless finish. It also makes your skin feel sooo smooth! My only complaint is that they don't give you much for such a high price.

on 4/21/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This stuff is awesome, I've wanted something that doesn't feel heavy or look heavy so I tried LM tinted moisturizer and Mac select tint but since it was liquid it still felt heavy to me. This stuff is like a tinted moisturizer but in powder form. It evens out my skin tone but yet makes it so it looks like I'm not wearing anything I love it. The only reason I took one star off is because I've gone through it pretty fast compared to other foundations.

on 4/15/2009 5:52:00 PM

Yuck.

One of the worst products I've ever tried. Seems to work for a lot of others, but definitely not for me.

on 4/15/2009 2:53:00 PM

When I first purchased this product I thought that I had found a great foundation. At application the product provided medium coverage, matched my skintone well, and had a light feel to it. A few hours after application I need a whole new application not just a touch up here or there. This is not a great product for anyone that needs their foundation to stay put for any more than a few hours. I think that it is a little pricey for the amount of product that you get. I will stick to my Revlon Colorstay foundation.

on 4/15/2009 1:23:00 PM

I love this product! After I apply this I spray my fix plus and it sets it for the day it also takes the cakeyness out if u know what I mean!

on 4/15/2009 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Initially I thought that I had found a miracle foundation. Light coverage, light feathery feel, no overwhelming scent, perfect colour, but I must admit I'm a little disappointed. While the product initially glides on with ease it does not last. By lunch time I need to touch up, well, re-apply. Some days the product has flaked but I seem to have prevented this from happening by applying some of Smashbox's Photofinish Primer. I am fair and this product is slightly orange against my cool tone. I can get away with it at night but I have noticed some imperfections in the daylight. Sometimes I like to use a bit of foundation as a base on my eyelids however in doing so with this product all the eyeshadow melted off within an hour or so. Lastly - the packaging. While benefit hits the mark with trendy, original packaging it's often too bulky to enjoy.

on 4/13/2009 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I find as I get older that tinted moisturizer works better for me as a base than traditional foundation. I'd been coveting this product ever since I first spied it at John Wanamaker's, I mean Macy*s, in Philadelphia. (I hate that all the old-time department stores are disappearing! But I digress....:) ) Not wanting to spend full price on a BeneFit product, I swapped for it instead. Pros: The color and texture are perfect for my skin. The slightly greasy feel is actually a boon to my dry areas. It's portable and, because it's a solid, not subject to TSA rules like liquid foundations would be. I've been looking for compact foundations that travel well, and this is perfect. Cons: I never got the hang of a foundation brush, and probably never will, so using a sponge I will probably go through this faster than most users. The price, $28USD, is a tad steep, though not as high as some other high-end tinted moisturizers like Laura Mercier. And, though it's not a problem for me, BF is way off base when it says one color is perfect for all skin tones. I realize they added a second, darker color later, but two colors still are not perfect for all skin tones. If you're not a medium-light Caucasian or medium Hispanic tone, these colors will probably not suit you. continued >>

on 4/13/2009 1:36:00 PM

This foundation is great for covering large areas (like after a massive acne attack) or as spot concealing. I agree it's not good on dry skin, so make sure you moisturize first! Also it settles a little bit into fine lines under my eyes if they're not properly moist. HOWEVER, despite all that, I still love it because it's so light and airy - feels like I have nothing on. It is convenient as a solid, and I am not a fan of the bulky compact so I always scope some out and pop it into an empty eyeshadow pan. On-the-go spot treatment!

on 4/13/2009 1:25:00 PM

I quite liked this product at first, but I later realised that it just didn't work on me at all. My skin is quite dry and this product only exacerbated the problem and the formula didn't blend into my skin well. However - two of my flatmates use this foundation and love it! It just didn't work out for me. I also found that I used up the product quite quickly so I don't feel like I got value for money. I won't repurchase, but I'm glad I tried it out at least.

on 4/13/2009 12:36:00 AM

I can't find a foundation I like more than this one. I didn't even consider this product for the longest time because the color looked like it would never match my skin. I used powder foundation for years but have found the last couple years my skin has become dry enough that it wasn't the best choice anymore for my skin. I went to Sephora and told the MA I was having a foundation crisis and he immediately pulled out this product and I thought he was crazy until he put it on my face. I use the light and apply with my fingers. I have sun-damaged, acne prone skin and this helps even me out and does not break me out. It gives me a nice finish, not too made up, but still covers sufficiently without looking like I have on a lot of makeup. I just bought the boiing concealer today and used it this evening on bare skin and I feel like it is going to work really well with this foundation. I don't love the packaging- but as long as the product works- I could care less. I'm on my 4th compact and I can't think of any other foundation (except for Chanel powder foundation which no longer works for my skin) that I have repurchased as many times as this product. I tried many others recently with all the new HD foundations coming out hoping to find something better- but I returned every one of them. None of them come close to the nice finish and coverage of this product.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products