BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

The SA at the Benefit counter gave me a free makeover and this was what she used on my face. When she was putting it on, it felt like silk...no harsh rubbing needed to blend it in. After a quick glimpse in the mirror, I agreed to purchasing it and took it home with me.

Using it myself, I'm kinda on the fence about this. Firstly - it's SO expensive. And there's not a whole lot of product in this compact...rest assured. I will probably use this up really quickly.

I use the shade 'deep' which is the darkest available. I'm an NC37-40 tan skinned gal, and deep matches me fine, even though it looks amazingly dark in the pot. This foundation is sheer, so colour-wise, it doesn't take much effort at all to find the right shade.

The texture glides on easily and gives me a natural, almost flawless look. I have acne scars on my chin and some blemishes here and there, yet this covered them well and made my skin look so much better.

As for lasting power - on my combo oily/normal skin - it's decent. If I wear this for a whole uni day, I need to touch up with some powder sometimes. I can't go a whole day without a touch up otherwise I get shiny and greasy looking.

I have acne-prone senstive skin and this hasn't irritated my skin. I apply this with a wedge sponge and it works well for me.

I like this foundation, but the price is ridiculous. For that reason, I wouldn't purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this foundation. It's great for people who don't like to wear much makeup on their face but still want a flawless finish. It also makes your skin feel sooo smooth! My only complaint is that they don't give you much for such a high price.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This stuff is awesome, I've wanted something that doesn't feel heavy or look heavy so I tried LM tinted moisturizer and Mac select tint but since it was liquid it still felt heavy to me. This stuff is like a tinted moisturizer but in powder form. It evens out my skin tone but yet makes it so it looks like I'm not wearing anything I love it. The only reason I took one star off is because I've gone through it pretty fast compared to other foundations.

Yuck.

One of the worst products I've ever tried. Seems to work for a lot of others, but definitely not for me.

When I first purchased this product I thought that I had found a great foundation. At application the product provided medium coverage, matched my skintone well, and had a light feel to it. A few hours after application I need a whole new application not just a touch up here or there. This is not a great product for anyone that needs their foundation to stay put for any more than a few hours. I think that it is a little pricey for the amount of product that you get. I will stick to my Revlon Colorstay foundation.

I love this product! After I apply this I spray my fix plus and it sets it for the day it also takes the cakeyness out if u know what I mean!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Initially I thought that I had found a miracle foundation. Light coverage, light feathery feel, no overwhelming scent, perfect colour, but I must admit I'm a little disappointed. While the product initially glides on with ease it does not last. By lunch time I need to touch up, well, re-apply. Some days the product has flaked but I seem to have prevented this from happening by applying some of Smashbox's Photofinish Primer. I am fair and this product is slightly orange against my cool tone. I can get away with it at night but I have noticed some imperfections in the daylight. Sometimes I like to use a bit of foundation as a base on my eyelids however in doing so with this product all the eyeshadow melted off within an hour or so. Lastly - the packaging. While benefit hits the mark with trendy, original packaging it's often too bulky to enjoy.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I find as I get older that tinted moisturizer works better for me as a base than traditional foundation. I'd been coveting this product ever since I first spied it at John Wanamaker's, I mean Macy*s, in Philadelphia. (I hate that all the old-time department stores are disappearing! But I digress....:) ) Not wanting to spend full price on a BeneFit product, I swapped for it instead. Pros: The color and texture are perfect for my skin. The slightly greasy feel is actually a boon to my dry areas. It's portable and, because it's a solid, not subject to TSA rules like liquid foundations would be. I've been looking for compact foundations that travel well, and this is perfect. Cons: I never got the hang of a foundation brush, and probably never will, so using a sponge I will probably go through this faster than most users. The price, $28USD, is a tad steep, though not as high as some other high-end tinted moisturizers like Laura Mercier. And, though it's not a problem for me, BF is way off base when it says one color is perfect for all skin tones. I realize they added a second, darker color later, but two colors still are not perfect for all skin tones. If you're not a medium-light Caucasian or medium Hispanic tone, these colors will probably not suit you. continued >>

This foundation is great for covering large areas (like after a massive acne attack) or as spot concealing. I agree it's not good on dry skin, so make sure you moisturize first! Also it settles a little bit into fine lines under my eyes if they're not properly moist. HOWEVER, despite all that, I still love it because it's so light and airy - feels like I have nothing on. It is convenient as a solid, and I am not a fan of the bulky compact so I always scope some out and pop it into an empty eyeshadow pan. On-the-go spot treatment!

I quite liked this product at first, but I later realised that it just didn't work on me at all. My skin is quite dry and this product only exacerbated the problem and the formula didn't blend into my skin well. However - two of my flatmates use this foundation and love it! It just didn't work out for me. I also found that I used up the product quite quickly so I don't feel like I got value for money. I won't repurchase, but I'm glad I tried it out at least.