April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by alexandriamare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

worst thing i've ever bought. Didn't work for me at all, i have better luck with degree & secret combined.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by xinsun

this totally put an end to my (very) embarrassing underarm wetness problem! i've tried every deodorant out there, even ones made for men, but i'd still sweat through my shirts and sometimes even sweatshirts. but with certain dri, i've noticed i absolutely NEVER sweat under my arms anymore. i can walk around in 90 degree heat and be sweating everywhere else but NOT my underarms! this stuff is truly amazing and i don't think i'd ever be able to go without it! it does sting when you put it on, but that's a small price to pay for completely dry underarms!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by adrienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am addicted to this product. I would cry is it was discontinued. I had a serious sweating problem since I hit puberty and had tried every stick deoderant out there. I finally found certain dri and i've been using it for at least 5 years now. It definitely should not be used after shaving. Your armpits will itch and burn like hell. Also, a little goes a long way, so I apply it sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sweat a lot, especially in the summer. This stuff helps keep me dry all day. You apply it at night and use regular anitperspirant/deodorant in the morning. Do not apply this right after shaving, however. Your underarms will itch and burn. Other than that, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by eve_ecs

I've been using this for years and will continue to do so. It's an HG, not because I find it to be flawless, but because it's in a league of it's own and because it does what it promises to do.
You do have to make sure you don't apply it within a few hours of shaving or it will sting like a ********.
Also, I recommend letting it dry fully before putting on any top: it discolored the armpit area in a couple of my tees (yes, sometimes I put a bit more on in the morning).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by sadak0

I loooove this product. Now, many people complain of irritation and such, but of course, it will happen when something such as Aluminum Chloride is in the product. It completely seals your pores so no sweat can come out. It stings for a little, and may itch, but it is completely worth it in my opinion. If you have a real problem with irritation, be careful to not apply too much.

I use it nearly every night before I go to sleep: I do not sweat from my underarms at all. I love it. I had huge problems with pit stains before, where I would not even do strenuous activity but would sweat right through a sweater anyway. It was really embarrassing, even though it did not smell. Certain Dri stopped within the first day of using it, and now I don't worry when I lift up my arms, lol.

They say to use "Certain Dri A.M." for more protection, but really, it's unnecessary. You can use your regular deodorant, it's the same ingredients. Also Certain Dri A.M. leaves white marks so use something that doesn't do that.

All in all, whenever this runs out, I am DEFINITELY buying it again. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by nopes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i've gotten my mom hooked on this stuff. it's a bit more expensive than regular deoderant, but it really eliminates underarm wetness which used to be a huge, embarassing problem for me and one little bottle lasts me for months! it's a bit tempermental to use - can't use near a shower or within hours of shaving. however, i'm used to the quirks and wouldn't live without it. i don't even have to apply every night anymore- just once every couple of days and i'm set (and i live in the south!). considering i used to be so self conscious about wetness, it doesn't even cross my mind anymore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I get very sweaty in the summer, so I tried Certain Dri. It burned my underarms. leaving tjem itchy and red. The active ingredient in Secret Clinical Strength and Lady Mitchum roll-on is much gentler and as effective. And for those who sweat along with me, a tip: part of it is the soap you're using. Most bar soaps leave a film that's like plastic wrap on your skin. Try a Dr. Bronner soap. It rinses clean and reduces the sweating problem. Really.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

It looks like I am one of the few who this did not work for. I tend to sweat alot, and have been looking for something that will really work. I had heard great things about this, so I picked it up. The first few times I used it, it was okay. But after awhile, I noticed it started to smell really awful. It overwhelmed me. And it didn't keep me dry either. I ended throwing it away. I will stick to Secret Clinical.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ohyunalesca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only deodorant I use that keeps me fresh. I've tried EVERYTHING. From Mitchum to Vinegar to just about everything. This keeps me dry when I apply it at night and then I follow up with certain dri a.m. when I wake up. This has been a godsend. I have seen it plenty of times but overlooked it due to the unattractive packaging. It may seem that none of it is actually getting applied (just drops) but do not be decieved! It is being applied and do not put too much or you will be itching to the point of driving you NUTS! Use is conservatively and you will really enjoy the results.