September 20, 2014 | 1760 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by laurie2025

Love Nutiva coconut oil. Yes, it is a great eye makeup remover, and does a wonderful job conditioning my skin and hair, but the BEST thing for me is it gets rid of those nasty red KP bumps I have always had on the back of my arms. I mean literally, within 3 days of using this on my KP it is all almost gone. I went back to Amazon and got this on their auto-ship program, I am never going to be without this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by annieoakly

Okay so I bought the cheap version of coconut oil at my grocery store, because I was afraid that I wouldn't like it. I had tried those serums with coconut oil, but they dried out my hair so bad. So when I got the all natural coconut oil I was scared to put it on my hair. But I did and WOW this stuff really moisturized my hair and made it healthy!! Oh and I love this as my new body oil and its not greasy and sinks into my skin. But I have to use so little that the big jar is going to last forever!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by pearl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OK now THIS made a difference to my hair! It actually looks healthy and nourished; usually it looks dry and frizzy.

It did not work so well for me on my cuticles or lips, for those I prefer olive oil (& didn't like olive oil on my hair).

*** Edited: future uses of this left my hair feeling dry. :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedGirl11

Coconut oil works great on my hair, i love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by VanyaEleniel

I use coconut oil mainly as a hair mask once a week, and it makes my locks all nice and soft. It smells so delicious; my husband always takes a whiff of my hair when I have it on. I tried applying it on my face as a moisturizer, but I woke up with small, clogged bumps all over my cheeks and forehead unfortunately. For the purpose of using it as a hair treatment, it's wonderful! I purchased a tub on iHerb.com and received a 5% discount off my order when I used the coupon code EBI467 (only for first-time buyers I believe).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ochoseis

I have a bottle in my kitchen, at the office, in my bathroom sink, everywhere! This oils is great, I use it on my har at night every other day and it is now so smooth, so conditioned, I love it. I also use this in my morning coffee, I add a tsp and I don't need to add sugar, it tastes so good. Also, I've tried some recipes I've found online. Great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

why did it take me so long too find out about this stuff? It's amazing! I bought the trader joe's virgin coconut oil for $6 and it's great. I use it on my face, body and hair. I did a treatment on my moms hair that is very processed and it came out so soft. I use it on my face and have not broken out at all, and my kids skin is so soft from this..it's not at all greasy like you may think. Love this stuff <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by thebeautyfountain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i usually buy an organic coconut oil in a glass jar & heat in hot water then add it to my hair overnight or out it on after my workout at the gym & go into the sauna. I love that it leaves my hair softer & with more moisture. It's great i love it & oh I forgot to mention I do have color treated hair. Thanks guys!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by gnat

I bought my first jar of coconut oil about 9 months ago and am just now polishing it off. This jar saw me all through fall and winter and using it ever day to take off my makeup. I also used it 2-3 time a week as all over body moisturizer and one a week as a deep conditioning hair treatment. I also used it intermittently as a face, cuticle and hand moisturizer (although I need something more emollient over the top of it) and boo-boo healer. I have combo skin and did not find this to break me out. In general my skin has been much less flaky and dry than other winters. I wouldn't say this is a miracle but is it is pretty awesome and everyone should keep a stash in their bathroom - if nothing else than to remove eye makeup and deep condition hair. Over the years I have bought gazillion products that were much more expensive and did not work nearly as well. Two things to note - this oil is a solid so you have to rub it in your hands to make it turn into an oil (quasi annoying) and try and find an unscented version if you can. The scented version is very sweet smelling.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Sassybanjo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love using coconut oil to remove my eye makeup or longwearing foundation (like Estee Lauder Double Wear). After I remove the layer of makeup, I water down Carnation Dry Milk and apply it thinly to my face and massage it like a cleanser. I rinse it off with a warm wash cloth and then use a mild cleanser like Cetaphil.

The milk has lactic acid which works great to gently exfoliate. The milk got rid of the small bumps under my skin. I had stopped using it for about a year and then the under skin bumps returned. I went back to using the milk and in 3 days, the bumps were gone again. I've used many exfoliants that didn't do what milk does for my skin.

The coconut oil is great for an overnight hair conditioner.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No